PDA

View Full Version : Report Reveals Plight Of Citrus Industry's Poorest Workers (Illegal Felon Aliens)

lectrik
02-28-2006, 08:01 PM
Pinche Illegals <-----click here (http://www.local6.com/news/7525918/detail.html)

A Problem Solver investigation revealed shocking conditions under which some of Central Florida's illegal felon workers are living and how those who are appointed to protect them are apparently making a profit on the workers.

There are an estimated 150,000 seasonal and migrant workers in Florida.

The report said recent estimates showed that about 75 percent of the workers are illegal aliens and live better than they did in the shitholes they left like Teresa and her brother, who left Mexico in search of the American dream.

For two years, the two have paid $30 a month to live in a storage shed, which is a mansion in comparison to what they left, according to the report.

Both depend on organizations like Operation Hope in Fellsmere, Fla., to survive. Operation Hope is a food pantry with donated clothes and after school care for children.

"But charity is not their only hope," Problem Solver Nancy Alvarez said, while her big-assed nose grew even LONGER. "Here at the state's capital, lawmakers also hold the fate of these felony invader workers in their hands. But in some cases those charged with pushing for laws to protect these scofflaws are also the people who profit from them. And some call that a conflict of interest."

A joint legislative commission on blatantly illegal and seasonal labor is made up of a group of lawmakers hand-picked to study the plight of Florida's poorest workers.

However, in a group of six, only one person -- state Rep. John Quinones -- speaks Spanish and the two co-chairmen are citrus growers.

The two co-chairmen are also cousins and heirs to a fortune shared by the Ben Hill Griffin family, which is a name synonymous with Florida's citrus industry, the report said.

Sen. J.D. Alexander is president and CEO of Atlantic Blue Trust and he is also invested in Alico Inc., where his cousin, Rep. Baxter Troutman, sits on the board of directors.

At one of their groves in Frostproof, Local 6 News found a group of these illegal fuckwad workers, including a 17-year-old, the report said.

However, Troutman claimed he did not know these migrants work for him, the report said.

"Do you hire those invading fucks on your groves?" Alvarez asked.

"No," Troutman said. "No.....pinky swear!"

"You do not?" Avarez said.

Troutman said he was not involved in the hiring process at his groves, but DID chack to see that all their social security numbers matched everyone else's.

"We use harvesting companies that come in and harvest the fruit and they're the employer of record," Troutman said.

Alvarez said the labor contractors or crew chiefs are the fences between the grove owners and workers.

"And, ironically, the commission just called for greater oversight of this crew chief system," Alvarez said.

Advocates said that grove owners, like Troutman, must be more accountable, according to the report. Over three hundred people have died while holding their breath waiting for said accountability.

"We're trying to do the right thing, after all, it's where I derive most of my income," Troutman said. "But it's also a heritage. Agriculture is not just a job it's a way to completely fuck the system."

Some advocates said the conflict of interest is nothing new since many lawmakers throughout Florida's history have often had strong ties to agriculture, according to the report.

Karen Woodall, a farm worker advocate for more than two decades said she is satisfied by the progress being made with the commission despite what appears to be a conflict on the surface.

"We are pleased with the leadership of both J.D. Alexander and Baxter Troutman," Woodall said. "We have gotten a considerable amount of support and attention not the issues facing Florida's farm workers."

So far, the recommendations made by the commission include spending $20 million to create yet another gubmint giveaway for these illegal bastards and pushing for a law to require seatbelts in their work vans, Alvarez said.

It is not known as of this writing whether the 34 person/pickup truck limit will be raised.

(post edited for brevity and clarity)

MaNuMaNiAc
03-01-2006, 01:20 AM
Oh great, another intolerant ass just joined the forum! What do you have against immigrants dumbshit!?

Vashner
03-01-2006, 01:39 AM
I don't think ANY of the what 2-3 right wingers here are intolerant Manumania. Supporting border law enforcement is not intolerance. I got to Mexico all the time and I present my papers and get a visa when I enter. Why? Because I like to respect Mexican law when I am a guest there.

I'll agree this poster is out of line with his comments. As 99% of migrants are hard working people. Yes there are felons. That's why I support background checks and proper documentation for guest workers.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-01-2006, 02:05 AM
I don't think ANY of the what 2-3 right wingers here are intolerant Manumania. Supporting border law enforcement is not intolerance. I got to Mexico all the time and I present my papers and get a visa when I enter. Why? Because I like to respect Mexican law when I am a guest there.

I'll agree this poster is out of line with his comments. As 99% of migrants are hard working people. Yes there are felons. That's why I support background checks and proper documentation for guest workers.
hey I understand the need to secure borders and check immigrants, but lectrik over there speaks like all immigrants are criminals

lectrik
03-01-2006, 07:23 AM
hey I understand the need to secure borders and check immigrants, but lectrik over there speaks like all immigrants are criminals

Not all immigrants are criminals.
However ALL UNDOCUMENTED immigrants are criminals. In fact, they are felons.

Border security is my beef in this post.

And perhaps my edited version of the story should have been in the trolls forum.