PDA

View Full Version : Greg Anthony is a fool!!!! His playoff rankings

lebomb
03-01-2006, 11:57 AM
How in the world can he have the Spurs at a number 4 ranking??? At the worst they should be #2. This dude is a complete asshat and a loser...... :rolleyes

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-060228

Well, I guess thats how it would be if the Spurs came in second in the division behind the maverics............... :makemyday

greywheel
03-01-2006, 11:58 AM
If they finish second in the division, they will be ranked 4th in the playoffs.

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-01-2006, 11:58 AM
How in the world can he have the Spurs at a number 4 ranking??? At the worst they should be #2. This dude is a complete asshat and a loser...... :rolleyes

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-060228

Um, he said...

Here's how I see the West's teams finishing.

With the division winners getting seeds 1-3, the second place team, even though they would have a better record than the Suns and Nuggets, would be no better than fourth.

Calm down.

lebomb
03-01-2006, 12:00 PM
Um, he said...

With the division winners getting seeds 1-3, the second place team, even though they would have a better record than the Suns and Nuggets, would be no better than fourth.

Calm down.

Yeah, I just figured that out........sorry. But, it still doesnt hide the fact that Greg Anthony is a Spurs hater and an asshat now does it???? :jack

doldrums
03-01-2006, 12:00 PM
exactly, understand the rules before attacking somebody. If the regular season ended today, the Spurs would be the 4th seed, that's just the way it is.

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-01-2006, 12:03 PM
Yeah, I just figured that out........sorry. But, it still doesnt hide the fact that Greg Anthony is a Spurs hater and an asshat now does it???? :jack

For at least the first couple of months, he and Stephen A. Smith were saying the Spurs were the best team in the West.

Feel free to have that opinion, but I wish some Spurs fans would take off the blinders and stop taking any slight as automatic disrespect.

Analysts are entitled to their opinions, too.

greywheel
03-01-2006, 12:05 PM
Analysts are entitled to their opinions, too.

Greg's opinions do usually suck though.

GoSpurs21
03-01-2006, 12:05 PM
exactly, understand the rules before attacking somebody. If the regular season ended today, the Spurs would be the 4th seed, that's just the way it is.but Greg "never done a meaningful thing in the NBA and still hate the Spurs for knocking out the blazers in 99" Anthony is talking about how he thinks the team will FINISH the season, mr quick to judge

hell greg doesnt even understand that after the first round, record matters to who gets the home court

" The NBA needs to do what the NFL does and avoid the possibility of a team with a better record having home-court disadvantage against a team with an inferior record"

read the rules greg

FromWayDowntown
03-01-2006, 12:07 PM
My goodness. I can't believe that people still get THIS worked up over the opinions of the national guys. Almost every year, those guys pick someone to beat the Spurs. Since 1999, if Tim Duncan plays, only one franchise has beaten the Spurs in a postseason series (over that time, the Spurs have won 80% of the playoff series they've played -- 16-4). So, quite frequently, they've been proven to be wrong. They're paid to offer controversial opinions and to make you angry. They've apparently succeeded.

DDS4
03-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Odds are actually in their favor this time. It's much harder for teams to defend titles.

I'm sure Piston fans felt slighted that the Spurs were slightly favored over the Pistons last year.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-01-2006, 12:13 PM
Odds are actually in their favor this time. It's much harder for teams to defend titles.

I'm sure Piston fans felt slighted that the Spurs were slightly favored over the Pistons last year.

Well, to hear the Pistons tell it you'd think the entire world was against them. It was underdog talk 24/7 and "We don't get respect." Which is pretty much we're cranking out here, so it's one more eerie similarity.

TDMVPDPOY
03-01-2006, 12:13 PM
we get 4th spot we still get HCA if we beat in the later rounds besides the 2nd round against dallas, if its a scrub team in the second round we get hca and continue to advance will still get hca unless its the pistons, we dont get hca.

island_dude
03-01-2006, 12:50 PM
Greg's opinions do usually suck though.
That's funny I find Greg Anthony to be one of the best, and most educated NBA analysts.

mavsfan1000
03-01-2006, 12:51 PM
Greg Anthony is the smartest analyst on ESPN. Legler and Stephen A. are the idiots.

leemajors
03-01-2006, 12:56 PM
fortunately being smiled upon by anthony is the kiss of death. he has good basketball iq but almost all his playoff predictions were off last year.

greywheel
03-01-2006, 12:57 PM
I can hardly see Greg Anthony being the best NBA analyst, appearing smarter than Stephen A. is nothing to brag about.
To me, everytime I hear Greg offer an opinion, I feel like I have heard it somewhere else before. He never seems to have an original thought when I listen to him.
Of course, this is just my opinion of his opinions.
I like Legler, especially when he is on Mike&Mike.

Stephen A. Smith
03-01-2006, 01:01 PM
Greg Anthony is the smartest analyst on ESPN. Legler and Stephen A. are the idiots.

OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!! Now anyone who has read my Pulitzer quality column, watched my expert analysis on ESPN pre-game, or viewed my Emmy worthy show Quite Frankly knows that I'm a pretty laid back cat. But I can't just sit idly by while my name gets dragged through the mud. Let's look at this logically. I get paid, and paid well, for all of my efforts. You get to sit in Dallas spanking it to your Troy Aikman poster while you wait on your German boy toy to wake up and get you a championship. So who's the greater idiot? Someone who is so damn smart that they get paid to tell people what to think, or someone who can't figure out that Larry O'Brien's trophy is never going make a stop in Big D, unless the defending champions have a road game in Dallas and someone leaves it in their hotel.

Your audience seems to consist the a bunch of Spurs fans who don't seem all that interested in what you have to say. Now when people who are willing to cheer for Rasho Nesterovic don't want you around, that says something. Meanwhile my audience is nation wide, consisting of millions of people who need to get their nightly dose of Vitamin S in order to feel informed. Quite frankly you need to step off son, and leave my boy Legs alone too.

Stephen A. Smith
03-01-2006, 01:02 PM
I can hardly see Greg Anthony being the best NBA analyst, appearing smarter than Stephen A. is nothing to brag about.
To me, everytime I hear Greg offer an opinion, I feel like I have heard it somewhere else before. He never seems to have an original thought when I listen to him.
Of course, this is just my opinion of his opinions.
I like Legler, especially when he is on Mike&Mike.

And everything I just said goes double for you Graywheel!!!

greywheel
03-01-2006, 01:04 PM
OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!! Now anyone who has read my Pulitzer quality column, watched my expert analysis on ESPN pre-game, or viewed my Emmy worthy show Quite Frankly knows that I'm a pretty laid back cat. But I can't just sit idly by while my name gets dragged through the mud. Let's look at this logically. I get paid, and paid well, for all of my efforts. You get to sit in Dallas spanking it to your Troy Aikman poster while you wait on your German boy toy to wake up and get you a championship. So who's the greater idiot? Someone who is so damn smart that they get paid to tell people what to think, or someone who can't figure out that Larry O'Brien's trophy is never going make a stop in Big D, unless the defending champions have a road game in Dallas and someone leaves it in their hotel.

Your audience seems to consist the a bunch of Spurs fans who don't seem all that interested in what you have to say. Now when people who are willing to cheer for Rasho Nesterovic don't want you around, that says something. Meanwhile my audience is nation wide, consisting of millions of people who need to get their nightly dose of Vitamin S in order to feel informed. Quite frankly you need to step off son, and leave my boy Legs alone too.

:lol I think that is the most well formed argument Stephen A. has ever presented.

greywheel
03-01-2006, 01:05 PM
And everything I just said goes double for you Graywheel!!!

:depressed
But then he blows it by misspelling my name.

Stephen A. Smith
03-01-2006, 01:09 PM
Fine then. Everything now goes triple for you, Greywheel. If you were as enraged as I am you'd make typos too, grammar maven.

Heat sweep the Suns in the finals! Book it!

greywheel
03-01-2006, 01:21 PM
Fine then. Everything now goes triple for you, Greywheel. If you were as enraged as I am you'd make typos too, grammar maven.

But your whole argument is predicated on mavsfan1000 being a...Mavs fan. I am not a Mavs fan, :smokin.

Stacis_pistons_rock
03-01-2006, 03:24 PM

you need to make up your mind,you said in the beginnining of the year you picked heat to make the finals.but their playing old and slow.you just said on a recent interview and on that same note you said you cant see anybody in the east beating pistons best of 07.make up your mind.(if your the real stevin a that is.

island_dude
03-01-2006, 03:35 PM
:lmao

Sec24Row7
03-01-2006, 03:41 PM
He and Larry Johnson were thug wanna be's at UNLV that got their ass handed to them in the Tournament...

Then he never did anything in the league.

Typical New York flame out guard, thinking he is better than everyone else because he had to look straight up to see the sky when he was a kid.

Extra Stout
03-01-2006, 05:47 PM
you need to make up your mind,you said in the beginnining of the year you picked heat to make the finals.but their playing old and slow.you just said on a recent interview and on that same note you said you cant see anybody in the east beating pistons best of 07.make up your mind.(if your the real stevin a that is.
Of course it's the real Stephen A. Smith. All of us ESPN guys post on this forum because it is the standard by which all fan forums are mentioned. I'm Mike Breen.