PDA

View Full Version : Things to do in San Antonio on a nice day

MannyIsGod
03-01-2006, 02:52 PM
What is there to do here outdoors to take advantadge of days like today? Discuss!

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
03-01-2006, 02:52 PM
Play online poker........ OUTSIDE!!!

MannyIsGod
03-01-2006, 02:54 PM
Play online poker........ OUTSIDE!!!:lol

I knew thats what you had posted before I clicked on this.

If I had a laptop you know I'd be all over this.

Peter
03-01-2006, 02:55 PM
Same as on any other day: eat greasy food, drink and smoke.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
03-01-2006, 02:56 PM
:lol

I knew thats what you had posted before I clicked on this.

If I had a laptop you know I'd be all over this.

I had to.

How about some outdoor bball?

Notorious H.O.P.
03-01-2006, 03:27 PM
This is patio weather. If you're working, you go to lunch at some place with a patio, Cha-Cho's for instance. If you're not working, you go to the Dodging Duck in Boerne, have you self a couple of brews and enjoy the view of the river and ducks. Maybe even a cigar. Or maybe the patio at Blue Star Brewing Company.

It's a nice, low key time for reflection or good conversation.

MoSpur
03-01-2006, 03:27 PM
What about going to a lake? If you have a boat or something in that nature. I go down to Fredericks park and take a hike once in awhile. Its nice. Its a workout though.

pache100
03-01-2006, 03:39 PM
This is River Walk kind of weather. Just go down there and walk around, sit on a bench, people-watch...have a beer and/or some lunch and sit outside at one of the patio places. Wear your sunglasses and look cool.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-01-2006, 03:44 PM
Fly a kite, play frisbee golf, go for a hike, swim, all while stoned

Few things in this world are as good as enjoying a hot sunny texas day while being baked off your mind

BIG DADDY JOSH
03-01-2006, 03:44 PM
sit on my porch drinking beers and looking at the cars go by and chillen with a homie or two...

MannyIsGod
03-01-2006, 03:49 PM
This is patio weather. If you're working, you go to lunch at some place with a patio, Cha-Cho's for instance. If you're not working, you go to the Dodging Duck in Boerne, have you self a couple of brews and enjoy the view of the river and ducks. Maybe even a cigar. Or maybe the patio at Blue Star Brewing Company.

It's a nice, low key time for reflection or good conversation.We did Blue Star for lunch yesterday. I love that place.

PM5K
03-01-2006, 03:53 PM
Have teh sechs with the girlfriend/wife in the swimming pool...

Notorious H.O.P.
03-01-2006, 03:59 PM
We did Blue Star for lunch yesterday. I love that place.

I'm jealous. I used to have an office in the downtown area and I'd go to lunch at Blue Star or Mexican Manhattan when I was in the area. These days, I have to settle for ChaCho's.

The night cook at Blue Star is a New Orleans evacuee that Joey hired. He's been cooking up some great off-the-menu seafood items that are fantastic. They'll usually have one on the white board outside. He's been trying to get Joey to let him put some of them on the regular menu but Joey has been hesitant. I'm sure he'll give in because the food is too good to ignore.

SpursWoman
03-01-2006, 04:12 PM
My son has baseball practice right after I get off of work ... so me & my daughter take a few laps around the track until he's done. :)

midgetonadonkey
03-01-2006, 04:29 PM

Few things in this world are as good as enjoying a hot sunny texas day while being baked off your mind

You got that right friend. When I lived in Corpus I would cruise over to the beach and fly a kit and hit the pipe all fucking day. There is nothing in the world better than being stoned on a beautiful day like this.

:pctoss

CosmicCowboy
03-01-2006, 05:19 PM
hmmm...go to the ranch and work out the horses...

Vashner
03-01-2006, 05:43 PM
Yea I have a couple stunt kites. The new one is a trainer for the Kite Surf.

Like on Spring break i'll be hanging out where the Kite Surfers are. There is a local girl that's friggin awesome. I stalk her.. (to watch the tricks).

Anyway my back it too fucked up for me to try the big kite's. The trainer rips your arms off as it is.

Mixability
03-01-2006, 05:43 PM
Yea I have a couple stunt kites. The new one is a trainer for the Kite Surf.

Like on Spring break i'll be hanging out where the Kite Surfers are. There is a local girl that's friggin awesome. I stalk her.. (to watch the tricks).

Anyway my back it too fucked up for me to try the big kite's. The trainer rips your arms off as it is.

Pro Kite Flying..........next to be on ESPN. :lol

MannyIsGod
03-01-2006, 05:46 PM
I'm jealous. I used to have an office in the downtown area and I'd go to lunch at Blue Star or Mexican Manhattan when I was in the area. These days, I have to settle for ChaCho's.

The night cook at Blue Star is a New Orleans evacuee that Joey hired. He's been cooking up some great off-the-menu seafood items that are fantastic. They'll usually have one on the white board outside. He's been trying to get Joey to let him put some of them on the regular menu but Joey has been hesitant. I'm sure he'll give in because the food is too good to ignore.That explains why they do so many 'cajunish' dishes so well. That place really has some damn good food for good prices.

We haven't done Mexican Manhattan in a while but I love that place also. We're abotu a mile north of downtown.

Samr
03-01-2006, 05:50 PM
Bike ride.

Vashner
03-01-2006, 05:57 PM
Bike ride = car grill... lol..
JK maybe the new mission trail? = mugging.. uh..

Plenty of things to do but this ain't the old San Antonio it used to be.

scott
03-01-2006, 06:15 PM

The night cook at Blue Star is a New Orleans evacuee that Joey hired. He's been cooking up some great off-the-menu seafood items that are fantastic. They'll usually have one on the white board outside. He's been trying to get Joey to let him put some of them on the regular menu but Joey has been hesitant. I'm sure he'll give in because the food is too good to ignore.

They've definitely got some sweet dishes right now. The seafood etouffe enchiladas add a unique and creative flair to our local cuisine. My only complaint is that some of their dishes are "a la carte" style... which isn't something us SA folks are used to... at least not when you've ordered enchiladas.

MannyIsGod
03-01-2006, 06:17 PM
Man, their pork medalions are awesome.

Horry For 3!
03-01-2006, 06:19 PM
Things I have to do..... study :pctoss

tlongII
03-01-2006, 06:22 PM
How about a Wet T-Shirt Contest?

spurs=bling
03-01-2006, 06:57 PM
hmmm...go to the ranch and work out the horses...
:depressed

Cant_Be_Faded
03-01-2006, 07:07 PM
On a day such as this, nothing would please me more than to Vote for the Republican candidate for County Commissioner!

Buddy Holly
03-01-2006, 07:11 PM
Golf!

tw05baller
03-01-2006, 08:23 PM

frisbee golf is awesome! especially at live oak park

ShoogarBear
03-01-2006, 08:24 PM
You could post about the weather . . .

1Parker1
03-01-2006, 09:09 PM
You could post about the weather . . .

:lol :lol

Vashner
03-01-2006, 11:25 PM
If it was the 80's I would say.. hang out at Sunken Garden.. b4 they killed the koi.. then get drunk under the cable car thing (span anchor?). Drinking big red with cheap GIN.

samikeyp
03-02-2006, 12:30 AM
go for a walk in Walker Ranch Park.

Old School Chic
03-02-2006, 12:34 AM
If it was the 80's I would say.. hang out at Sunken Garden.. b4 they killed the koi.. then get drunk under the cable car thing (span anchor?). Drinking big red with cheap GIN.

I remember those days :depressed

SequSpur
03-02-2006, 12:40 AM
34 responses of bullshit.

San Antonio sucks.

Buddy Holly
03-02-2006, 03:33 AM
Yay! The angry midget has come to put on his show and dance.

Encore!

George W Bush
03-02-2006, 03:43 AM
Start a war.

Vashner
03-02-2006, 08:47 AM
34 responses of bullshit.

San Antonio sucks.

Why don't you get the fuck out then? We like our town.. we like our team.

Go with that all USA cars suck dude and drive your asses out of town .. take NBA Dan with you.

Fucking haters...

Spam
03-02-2006, 09:04 AM
I'm driving around SA in my Toyota Tundra. I love it!!!

MoSpur
03-02-2006, 10:22 AM
I got to go horseback riding with the neighbor yesterday after work. It was very nice. It helps when you have like 50 acres of open land in your backyard.

Buddy Holly
03-02-2006, 01:40 PM
Why don't you get the fuck out then? We like our town.. we like our team.

Go with that all USA cars suck dude and drive your asses out of town .. take NBA Dan with you.

Fucking haters...

Hey, it's just his angry drawf schtick. Without it, he'd be WeeMan or Hank the Angry Drawf... Actually...