PDA

View Full Version : Artest for Brent Barry?!?!

pacersrule03
09-09-2003, 08:55 PM
www.nypost.com/sports/39957.htm (http://www.nypost.com/sports/39957.htm)

i pray to god that this rumor is not true. I think this rumor is false after i heard how carlisle and bird felt about him. and hopefully we don't see artest do this this season :pc2 lol

-kyle

Pooh
09-09-2003, 10:26 PM
Well I don't know...it's a scarey thought, but then again it came from Peter Vescey... :)

September 9, 2003 -- Energized from deporting and importing his first head coaches as president of the Pacers, Larry Bird now is eagerly in the hunt to signiture his first trade. According to someone very much in the know, serious conversation is taking place between Indiana and Seattle regarding the swap of Ron Artest (about to jump-start a 6-year, $42.7 million extension) for Brent Barry, who's in the final year (5.4M) of his contract.

Clearly, Bird and Isiah Thomas' replacement, Rick Carlisle, don't plan to allow Artest to become their problem. Keep in mind Jermaine O'Neal told teammates prior to re-signing he wouldn't return to Indy unless Ron Mercer (dealt to San Antonio), Artest and Jamaal Tinsley (in the lock and unload position) were moved.