PDA

View Full Version : was at the airport sat and saw a newclip that made me sick...

chode_regulator
03-01-2006, 08:03 PM
was waiting for my flight and caught one of the mainstream news channels. they were doing a story on people who go to soldiers funerals and protest the dead soldiers/marines family and the dead. calling the dead names and saying theyll rot in hell. what the fuck has america come to. i dont care if youre as far right or far left as they come. agree or disagree with war in iraq or war at all. like bush, hate bush. how the fuck can you go to a persons funeral and protest in front of their grieving family and friends and say that they are all goign to hell? so the widow was trying to pass legislatin to prevent this and all of a sudden its a free speech issue. :rolleyes amazes me the lack of respect of peole these days. i hope to god that no one ever does that at a funeral im at bc i would probably snap and beat the shit out of htem. and if it was at my funeral i would force god to let me come back from the dead and beat the shit out of them.
/rant

Vashner
03-01-2006, 11:43 PM
It does not happen in San Antonio. Someone would get hurt..

When we buried my Uncle Ricky 6 months ago (natural causes) he got a nice simple Army honor guard detail with little electric horn. There where other's buried that day some from combat and if a even one protestor was there I would of run them over myself. My father and grandad where buried in the same military section at Mission Park. Not that the Army is not busy but the Marine burial my dad had there was something to behold. In terms of the professional manner of the Marine honor guard.

Nbadan
03-02-2006, 04:12 AM
What town were you in? Thomas Monaghan-ville? Sounds more like the stories of protestors spitting on returning Vietnam vets, which turned out to be completely urban legend.

JoeChalupa
03-02-2006, 08:24 AM
I heard it was some idiot who is against gays.

chode_regulator
03-02-2006, 08:20 PM
I heard it was some idiot who is against gays.
i googled it last night and the dad is the only name i got but when i saw the news clip it was highlighting his wife. yeah they are against gays though. apparently a long tiem ago their church got bombed. apparently serves them right.

nbadan if youre asking me, i was in charlotte nc, which is a pretty big "town" and it was national news, which if you actualy read the original pst you would know. try googling it, you cant deny the pics. you cant deny the widows story, you cant deny the wife of the minister coming on the news and saying the shit she did. so grow the fuck up and pull your head out of your ass. you remind me of a colege kid that just left his parents house and thinks he's cool by simply disagreeing with everything and trying to be liberal bc its "cool"

Gerryatrics
03-02-2006, 09:10 PM
Unfortunately this isn't really anything new. It also reminds me of the protesters who stand outside the Walter Reed Medical Center and mock wounded veterans. Pathetic.

Lt. gov. crashed Marine's funeral, kin say

Saturday, July 23, 2005
By Tom Barnes, Post-Gazette Harrisburg Bureau

The family of a Marine who was killed in Iraq is furious with Lt. Gov. Catherine Baker Knoll for showing up uninvited at his funeral this week, handing out her business card and then saying "our government" is against the war.

Rhonda Goodrich of Indiana, Pa., said yesterday that a funeral was held Tuesday at a church in Carnegie for her brother-in-law, Staff Sgt. Joseph Goodrich, 32.

She said he "died bravely and courageously in Iraq on July 10, serving his country."

In a phone interview, Goodrich said the funeral service was packed with people "who wanted to tell his family how Joe had impacted their lives."

Then, suddenly, "one uninvited guest made an appearance, Catherine Baker Knoll."

She sat down next to a Goodrich family member and, during the distribution of communion, said, "Who are you?" Then she handed the family member one of her business cards, which Goodrich said she still has.

"Knoll felt this was an appropriate time to campaign and impose her will on us," Goodrich said. "I am amazed and disgusted Knoll finds a Marine funeral a prime place to campaign."

Goodrich said she is positive that Knoll was not invited to the funeral, which was jammed with Marines in dress uniform and police officers, because the fallen Marine had been a policeman in McKeesport and Indiana County.

"Our family deserves an apology," Rhonda Goodrich said. "Here you have a soldier who was killed -- dying for his country -- in a church full of grieving family members and she shows up uninvited. It made a mockery of Joey's death."

What really upset the family, Goodrich said, is that Knoll said, 'I want you to know our government is against this war,' " Goodrich said.

She said she is going to seek an answer from Gov. Ed Rendell's administration if it opposes the fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Knoll was traveling yesterday, away from the Capitol, and couldn't be reached. But an aide said she "extends condolences to all families who have lost loved ones" serving in the military.

Without having talked to her, the aide, who asked not to be named, said, "The family members of fallen soldiers are in our hearts and prayers. Our prayers go out to their loved ones in their hour of grief."

Asked to comment on Goodrich's complaints about Knoll's conduct at the funeral, the aide said that "would be inappropriate."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05204/542520.stm

Nbadan
03-03-2006, 01:13 AM
they were doing a story on people who go to soldiers funerals and protest the dead soldiers/marines family and the dead.

:rolleyes

One crazy Lt. Governor hardly constitues 'people' or any organized attempt to campaign against the war at military funerals.

Nbadan
03-03-2006, 01:15 AM
Unfortunately this isn't really anything new. It also reminds me of the protesters who stand outside the Walter Reed Medical Center and mock wounded veterans. Pathetic.

Urban legend. The protesters were protesting the Bush administration bringing in the war wounded (about 15,000 at last count) in the middle of the night to avoid bad publicity.

Gerryatrics
03-03-2006, 04:04 AM
:rolleyes

One crazy Lt. Governor hardly constitues 'people' or any organized attempt to campaign against the war at military funerals.

You're mixing up two different posts. I said that things like what chode_regulator is talking about aren't really new and posted the article about the Lt. Governor. I haven't seen the particular story he was referring to.

Urban legend. The protesters were protesting the Bush administration bringing in the war wounded (about 15,000 at last count) in the middle of the night to avoid bad publicity.

Urban legend? So the pictures and videos of protesters standing outside the Walter Reed Medical Center with signs like "Maimed for a lie" and "Enlist here to die for Halliburton" are just Urban legends?

chode_regulator
03-04-2006, 08:17 AM
yeah im starting to wonder how nbadan posts bc apparently hes blind. or just refuses to believe any pictures he sees with his own eyes. or maybe just doesnt bother to actually look at any of the links posted to read the story or see the pics. i guess he just posts.