PDA

View Full Version : Beno at Ingram Park Mall

Kori Ellis
03-01-2006, 08:43 PM
BENO UDRIH AT INGRAM PARK MALL TO ANSWER FANS QUESTIONS

WHAT: On Friday night, Spurs fans are encouraged to come out and get all their questions answered by Spurs guard Beno Udrih. Udrih will head out to Ingram Park Mall to do a question and answer session with fans beginning at 6:30 p.m. Fans will have an opportunity to write questions in advance of the event to be asked of Udrih.

Fans will also have the opportunity to meet the Spurs Silver Dancers and enjoy the antics of the Coyote. Charlie Parker from the Charlie and Chance Show on Ticket 760 will be on hand to emcee the event.

While fans are interacting with Udrih, they also will have the opportunity to purchase an official Simon Spurs giftcard for all their shopping needs.

WHO: Beno Udrih, San Antonio Spurs
Spurs Silver Dancers
Spurs Coyote

WHEN: Friday, March 3
6:30 - 7:30 p.m.

WHERE: Ingram Park Mall (Dillard's Fashion Wing - next to Dillard's fashion store and Foley's)
6301 NW Loop 410, 78238

angel_luv
03-01-2006, 08:45 PM
Oh so there!

spurs=bling
03-01-2006, 08:48 PM
:pctoss :pctoss :pctoss

why why why :depressed :depressed

Leetonidas
03-01-2006, 08:50 PM
Can we get anything signed?

Kori Ellis
03-01-2006, 08:52 PM
I don't think there's an autograph signing.

angel_luv
03-01-2006, 08:54 PM
There wasn't an autograph signing for the session Bruce had at Rolling Oaks.

Also, if you want a good spot, get there early. :)

Leetonidas
03-01-2006, 08:54 PM
I don't think there's an autograph signing.

Crap. I'm not really sure what I would ask Beno..."Do you wash your hair with mud or are you just dirty?"

angel_luv
03-01-2006, 08:56 PM
I like listening to him talk, you know? ;)

:lol

Yeah! My week is going to get better. :)

spurs=bling
03-01-2006, 08:58 PM
Yeah! My week is going to get better. :)
http://bestsmileys.com/crying/1.gif

Leetonidas
03-01-2006, 08:58 PM
Geez, maybe I shouldn't have made that comment...blingy's going to be pissed. :lol

phyzik
03-01-2006, 09:23 PM
I'll probably show.... still trying to think of what to ask.

maybe I'll ask about any new pranks that have gone on behind the scenes between teammates....

Or if any of the Spurs would be up for a freethrow shooting session with me where I show them the beer-in-one-hand technique :drunk

On a serious note...... can anyone tell my why no one uses the backboard during freethrows, is there a regulation or is it just wide preferance? I find it easier to use the BB.... then again Im good with bank shots in billiards.

efrem1
03-02-2006, 12:00 AM
Ah, memories of Ingram Park Mall. I was there when they first opened the place in 78'. I wish I were there Friday, but I am stuck here in Suckramento.

SequSpur
03-02-2006, 12:20 AM
why go if they ain't signing shit?

samikeyp
03-02-2006, 12:33 AM
Will he be getting a new man purse? :p

angel_luv
03-02-2006, 12:43 AM
Will he be getting a new man purse? :p

I heard he wants to know where you got yours. :angel

spurs=bling
03-02-2006, 01:08 AM
I heard he wants to know where you got yours. :angel

http://bestsmileys.com/clapping/6.gif

good one Angel

angel_luv
03-03-2006, 02:57 AM
It's today! It's today! :) :elephant

angel_luv
03-03-2006, 12:18 PM
Bump! :spin
Anyone else going?

I will be wearing blue sweat pants and my Slovenia shirt ( it is white with the Slovenian flag). Say hi if you see me. :)

Old School Chic
03-03-2006, 12:19 PM
Anyone else going?

I will be wearing blue sweat pants and my Slovenia shirt ( it is white with the Slovenian flag). Say hi if you see me. :)

I'm sending the Spurs media to interview you :spin

angel_luv
03-03-2006, 12:22 PM
Are you coming?

ObiwanGinobili
03-03-2006, 12:25 PM
Fans will have an opportunity to write questions in advance of the event to be asked of Udrih.

so i guess questions about his purse won't make it thru??

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-03-2006, 12:26 PM
so i guess questions about his purse won't make it thru??

Or questions about breaking a full court press.

angel_luv
03-03-2006, 12:29 PM
Be nice, you guys.

Hmm... maybe I should ask Beno if he wants to get married. :eyebrows :lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-03-2006, 12:34 PM
Be nice, you guys.

Seems like a new take on the old "dating him to get to his roommate" routine.
"Marry him to get to his back-up center"?

CIA Angel.

Old School Chic
03-03-2006, 02:45 PM
Be nice, you guys.

What about Spurs=Bling? she would be so sad if you married her guy :depressed

angel_luv
03-03-2006, 02:47 PM
Blingy is too young for him. I see no reason that a perfectly good Slovenian should go to waste. :)

MoSpur
03-03-2006, 02:54 PM
Anyone else going?

Sweat pants? Don't you think you should change out of your PJ's before you go? J/K

angel_luv
03-03-2006, 03:32 PM
Sweat pants? Don't you think you should change out of your PJ's before you go? J/K

Dude! I am going with the only look I could get to work for me today. :lol

samikeyp
03-03-2006, 03:39 PM
Oh I see how it is...I make one "man purse" joke (first one ever) and get slammed but someone drops full court press smack and all they get is a "Be Nice"

Ouch! :depressed

:p

angel_luv
03-03-2006, 03:40 PM
You're comment was at least good enough to work a comeback out of.
You are the master. :lol

samikeyp
03-03-2006, 03:42 PM

I do what I can...besides when it comes down to it...I am part of the SloBro (Slovenian Brotherhood) Got the jersey to prove it! :tu

angel_luv
03-03-2006, 03:50 PM

I do what I can...besides when it comes down to it...I am part of the SloBro (Slovenian Brotherhood) Got the jersey to prove it! :tu

I am glad I have my Slovenia shirt. I love my Rasho jersey but would have felt bad wearing it to Beno's event.

Kori Ellis
03-03-2006, 03:52 PM
I think you should just wink at him ;)

MoSpur
03-03-2006, 03:53 PM
Dude! I am going with the only look I could get to work for me today. :lol

I got you. Whatever melts your butter. :lmao

angel_luv
03-03-2006, 03:53 PM
I think you should just wink at him ;)

I plan too. ;)

MoSpur
03-03-2006, 03:58 PM
I plan too. ;)

I hope you have a good time Angel and that it is very memorable.

angel_luv
03-03-2006, 04:03 PM
Thank you. I will bring back a full report with pictures. :)

SequSpur
03-03-2006, 04:39 PM
tell him you are on Grey's Anatomy or something... it worked for Tony.

Old School Chic
03-03-2006, 04:47 PM
Blingy is too young for him. I see no reason that a perfectly good Slovenian should go to waste. :)

Good thinking! :elephant

angel_luv
03-03-2006, 04:54 PM
tell him you are on Grey's Anatomy or something... it worked for Tony.

I could honestly tell him that I am in the movie Fast Food Nation... so what if it is ever so briefly. :angel

hussker
03-03-2006, 05:18 PM
I could honestly tell him that I am in the movie Fast Food Nation... so what if it is ever so briefly. :angel

GO GET EM ANGEL! (Hey, your wings look like Lungs on your sig...)

spurs=bling
03-03-2006, 06:25 PM

uh ...8-25-08 is not that far away.

angel_luv
03-03-2006, 09:19 PM
Well it wasn't what I was hoping for.

angel_luv
03-03-2006, 10:29 PM
It was way, way better! Tonight was fantastic. I don't even know where to begin.

Beno looked so nice. He has the best smile and what a sweet heart.
All through the night Beno said how happy he is to be in San Antonio and how much he likes the fans here.
If Beno isn't tied with Gino as the most amiable Spur, than he is definitely in second place.

I got to be right up front even though I had to rush over after work- all the way from Rolling Oaks to Ingram. There wasn't a very large crowd, but everyone who came was all into it.
I didn't see any video cameras anywhere, and so I don't know if any of the footage will make the news.
It is worth watching if it does. :)

The best thing about tonight's session was the length of it. After about the first ten minutes, I was able to adjust to the fact that I was seeing Beno and eventually it got to the point where the hanging out felt natural. It was really neat.

Charlie Parker did a great job with his interview. I can't remember the last time I heard so many interesting facts about a Spur at one time that I couldn't remember them all.

Beno told us about his family, his basketball history, a little about school, what kind of music he likes etc.

Here are some of the highlights:

Entertainment:

-Beno listed Jessica Alba as one of the most beautiful actresses. ( And you guys thought you and him had nothing in common.)

-He also said he loved the first season of the series Lost and recommended it to all of us who had not seen it. He said he watched the entire season in four days because he was so into it.

-Charlie asked Beno if he was going to be stuck with a team mate on a desert island for 30 days straight, who would he want it to be?
Beno narrowed it down to either Brent or Manu because their humor would make the time go by quickly.

-When asked what kind of car he drives Beno mentioned one I have never heard of as well as an Escolade, I believe.
Charlie said to Beno that he guessed he wouldn't be disclosing the liscence plate numbers. Beno laughed and said, " Sorry I don't remember them."

- I thought this was the best fact. It was news to me. Beno said had he had the option he would have chosen to wear the number nine. Wearing nine is a tradition in Beno's family. His dad wore it and his brother wears it still.

After Charlie finished his portion of the interview, he turned over the mike to us fans so we could ask Beno questions.

The eleven year old kid beside me was too shy to ask Beno "Who is your favorite team mate?" and wanted me to ask it for him.
I did but not before I asked Beno if he liked my shirt (my Slovenia one). Beno grinned and said, " I love it." :)

In answer to the kid's question, Beno said that he likes all his team mates,but of course has spent a lot of time with Rasho
Later about Rasho, Beno said " He has a good heart and he is a great friend. I can't say anything bad about Rasho." Beno knows what I know. :)

The awesome thing about Beno is that, when he listens to and answers you, he looks you right in the eyes and always maintains eye contact. It feels like you and he are the only two in the room.
I noticed also that Beno never once said, " You know."

When I got the mike the second time ( how lucky was I! :elephant ), I asked Beno how it felt to receive his championship ring.
His answer was to indepth to quote completely but he basically said it was a hard question to answer ( because of all you feel) but that winning the ring was a dream come true.

The Coyote showed up about midway through and proceeded to make his usual scene. Beno seemed to enjoy the coyotes antics as much as the rest us. I had fun watching Beno have such a good time.

For the girls: Ladies, watch Beno. He is way too smooth. :) A grandma asked Beno ( for all of us girls) if he was single and what kind of girl impressed him.

Beno said that he was single and then ( speaking slowly, obviously choosing his words carefully) stated the qualities that attract him " funny... smart... hard working... Most of all I want a girl who is herself because I am not here to play games.

Charlie Parker let that comment slide at the time but redirected at the end of the show by asking Beno if he preferred blondes or brunettes.
Beno: "Blondes, brunettes it doesn't not matter- it is all about personality."

This was funny. The first thought it my head after Beno answered was, " Oh Come on Beno"
What I didn't realize until after the fact was I was speaking aloud. I know because Beno looked at me, smiling, and said, " No really."
:lol Caught me

Anyway, all that to say, I had a blast. Next time you should all come. :angel

spurs=bling
03-03-2006, 10:44 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/crying/4.gif

This was funny. The first thought it my head after Beno answered was, " Oh Come on Beno"
What I didn't realize until after the fact was I was speaking aloud. I know because Beno looked at me, smiling, and said, " No really."
Caught me

http://bestsmileys.com/crying/13.gif

carina_gino20
03-03-2006, 10:51 PM
wow...it's nice that you had a great time, Angel...:spin

when will i ever get to see the Spurs (or just Manu..hehe)? :depressed

I know some are going to Japan but I probbly still cant go because of money and the schedule

angel_luv
03-03-2006, 10:57 PM
Carina- maybe you and I can talk Gino into letting us come to Japan as mg.com correspondants. :)

angel_luv
03-03-2006, 10:59 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/crying/4.gif

http://bestsmileys.com/crying/13.gif

I took lots of pics- even though Beno never changed spots. I'm sure at least one of them turned out awesome. I'll post it for you after I get the film back tomorrow. :)

Old School Chic
03-03-2006, 11:00 PM
You go girl! :spin

spurs=bling
03-03-2006, 11:13 PM
I took lots of pics- even though Beno never changed spots. I'm sure at least one of them turned out awesome. I'll post it for you after I get the film back tomorrow. :)

thank you :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

angel_luv
03-04-2006, 12:55 PM
The lighting as you can tell was awful. These were the best shots.

It is obvious Charlie is more accustomed to working on radio than film. Who wears black when there is a black background? :lol

Looks nice doesn't he?:)

http://i2.tinypic.com/qpfnh5.jpg

If you look closely you can see Beno in the background. That is how close I was. :)
http://i2.tinypic.com/qpf9qg.jpg

A little something ( on the sides) I brough back for the guys here. :eyebrows.
You're welcome. :lol
http://i2.tinypic.com/qpfk8l.jpg

http://i2.tinypic.com/qpfl3c.jpg

The coyote messed up this picture. He wouldn't stand still.

As if that wasn't enough, the Coyote and his driver nearly ran me over in the parking lot when I was going to my car.

:rolleyes :lol
http://i2.tinypic.com/qpfr5i.jpg

spurs=bling
03-04-2006, 12:57 PM
thank you

Despot
03-04-2006, 01:31 PM
What about Spurs=Bling? she would be so sad if you married her guy :depressed

:oops Spurs=Bling is a woman??? No offense, just had no idea.

Despot
03-04-2006, 01:34 PM
Another question, why does the tablecloth in the pics say Rolling Oaks Mall if this was at Ingram??

spurs=bling
03-04-2006, 01:35 PM
:oops Spurs=Bling is a woman??? No offense, just had no idea.

yes i'm a 15 y/o :princess

Despot
03-04-2006, 01:43 PM
yes i'm a 15 y/o :princess

I guess the pics of Beno should have raised my suspicion.

kris
03-04-2006, 02:03 PM
AL - Shoogar Bear is holding a webcam conference. I think you may be able to get another indepth q and a session. ;)

angel_luv
03-04-2006, 04:00 PM
Another question, why does the tablecloth in the pics say Rolling Oaks Mall if this was at Ingram??

:wow Good eye!

Rolling Oaks and Ingram are sister malls- which accounts for their very similar table cloths.

Even still, I'm pretty surprised that the mix up happened. Both malls staffs are usually very detail oriented, especially when it comes to mall promotions like that one.

:oops

Despot
03-04-2006, 04:20 PM
:wow Good eye!

Awwww geee.....thanx..your making me blush :oops

angel_luv
03-04-2006, 04:39 PM
:lol I just remembered this. It isn't as random thought as it seems but I will spare you the explanation.

Last night someone asked Beno how tall he is to which he replied, " 6'3 ... and 1/2" and laughed.

Very cute.

Slo spurs fan
03-04-2006, 04:47 PM
I am glad to see you had great time Angel.

timvp
03-04-2006, 04:53 PM
Beno said that he was single and then ( speaking slowly, obviously choosing his words carefully) stated the qualities that attract him " funny... smart... hard working... Most of all I want a girl who is herself because I am not here to play games.

Pop has the same theory about Beno.

Slo spurs fan
03-04-2006, 05:01 PM
^^hata

RashoFan
03-04-2006, 05:10 PM
Damn...too bad I missed out going there with you Angel....If I get a chance to come up to the resturant tonight, I will. BTW, everyone...I am now working EMS at AT&T center and will be down stairs near the opposing team side where they go in and out of the tunnel....I am hoping to at least get to see the Spurs players walk by when the go say hi to the other team....

Slomo
03-04-2006, 05:15 PM
Damn...too bad I missed out going there with you Angel....If I get a chance to come up to the resturant tonight, I will. BTW, everyone...I am now working EMS at AT&T center and will be down stairs near the opposing team side where they go in and out of the tunnel....I am hoping to at least get to see the Spurs players walk by when the go say hi to the other team....:tu

And accidentaly administer powerful halucinogens to opposing team players...
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smiangel.gif:lol

Old School Chic
03-04-2006, 05:19 PM
I'm so happy for you, Angel :spin

Thanks for posting your pics and your swell experience @ Ingram Mall

RashoFan
03-04-2006, 06:05 PM
:tu

And accidentaly administer powerful halucinogens to opposing team players...
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smiangel.gif:lol
Got to do what I got to do...I'd rather give oysters to Rasho and Beno instead....He He He...:eyebrows

Slomo
03-04-2006, 06:17 PM
Got to do what I got to do...I'd rather give oysters to Rasho and Beno instead....He He He...:eyebrowshehe

Truffles, asparagus and caviar are also nice... :eyebrows

angel_luv
03-04-2006, 11:46 PM
I am glad to see you had great time Angel.

hvala :)

Quote:

Pop has the same theory about Beno.
Whatever L.J. :rolleyes :lol :angel

alamo50
03-05-2006, 03:31 AM
Great stuff like always Angel!

:tu

carina_gino20
03-05-2006, 03:38 AM
Carina- maybe you and I can talk Gino into letting us come to Japan as mg.com correspondants. :)

now THAT woud be awesome...:lol

GM1
03-05-2006, 05:41 AM
Great to see Beno is doing so well in San Antonio. Go Spurs, go Slovenia...Beno's Slovenian fan(s) and friend(s).

GM1
03-05-2006, 05:44 AM
Prosim! :spin P.S. Would L.J. stand for Ljubljana, capitol of Slovenia? :elephant

hvala :)

Quote:

Whatever L.J. :rolleyes :lol :angel

angel_luv
03-05-2006, 09:11 AM
Prosim! :spin P.S. Would L.J. stand for Ljubljana, capitol of Slovenia? :elephant

He wishes ;)

GM1
03-06-2006, 09:34 AM
Hey Slo Spurs Fan, how do you become član bratovščine Rasha in Bena? Hvala že v naprej...

MoSpur
03-06-2006, 09:53 AM
I'm happy for Angel. Glad you had a good time.

angel_luv
03-06-2006, 10:22 AM
Thanks.

Hey Slo Spurs Fan, how do you become član bratovščine Rasha in Bena? Hvala že v naprej...

Copy the text and add it to your sig. One more for our side. :elephant Welcome on board. :)

abelle23
03-06-2006, 01:32 PM
you lucky girl!!!!
thanks for the pics!!!!
he seemed really nice based on your story and the other interviews i have read about him...

angel_luv
03-06-2006, 06:37 PM
you lucky girl!!!!
thanks for the pics!!!!
he seemed really nice based on your story and the other interviews i have read about him...

He's so nice. Of course, I have yet to meet a Slovenian I did not like. Good things come from that country- so long as their non alcoholic. ;)

TDMVPDPOY
03-07-2006, 12:20 AM
This is where i think BENO has been gettin his quickfix at loomin in shoppin malls for girls :D:D dude is even more hardcore then karl malone who hunts mexican girls :(

Slo spurs fan
03-07-2006, 04:44 AM
Just copy and paste it in your sig, you silly man.

GM1
03-11-2006, 01:30 AM
Here we go...just for your information, list of team Beno played is quite long from Savinjski Hopsi, Olimpija Ljubljana, Maccabi Tel Aviv, team in Russia and Italy...and SAS.

GM1
03-11-2006, 01:31 AM
This is where i think BENO has been gettin his quickfix at loomin in shoppin malls for girls :D:D dude is even more hardcore then karl malone who hunts mexican girls :(
Who is this guy?