PDA

View Full Version : From the "Is This News?" Department

lectrik
03-01-2006, 09:48 PM
Tulsa Mayor Candidate Kathy Taylor Denies Voting Twice In 2000 Election

The surprising part is that they actually said she was Dim-O-Crat®

The 2-timing wench (http://www.kotv.com/main/home/stories.asp?whichpage=1&id=99725)
Election records show that one of Tulsa's mayoral candidates voted twice in a presidential election.

Democratic candidate Kathy Taylor denies the accusation - but state records in Florida and Oklahoma show the votes, one by absentee, the other in person, for the 2000 election.

News on 6 reporter Emory Bryan says surrounded by giant copies of the election records, Don McCorkell said he wasn't accusing Kathy Taylor of voter fraud - but that these records were evidence of it. "When you have evidence of voter fraud, it is morally indefensible not to disclose the evidence."

McCorkell's campaign researchers came up with the records, which were verified by The News on 6. It was in the controversial 2000 Bush and Gore presidential race. Taylor lived in Broward County, Florida, made famous for those hanging chads, and the state's razor thin margin.

Kathy Taylor: "To vote twice when it wouldn't have a difference for anybody in this country. I can tell you unequivocally I would have never intentionally voted twice in two states, it's nuts."

Broward County, Florida election records show Taylor voted there, by absentee ballot, in the November 7th, 2000 presidential election.

She remains a registered voter in Fort Lauderdale. Tulsa County Election Board records show Taylor also voted here in the same election, voting in person at her precinct.

Candidate Taylor - surrounded by her supporters - says the record of her vote in Tulsa is wrong. "Let me say this, I do not believe that is true."

Taylor and McCorkell are a week away from an election sure to set a new record for spending in a Tulsa mayoral primary. Records show McCorkell has raised $889,000 for the race and Taylor has raised $465,000 - both have spent most of what they've raised - in their effort to win the primary.

Nbadan
03-02-2006, 03:53 AM
Did someone leave the computer on at the old folks home again?

:hat