PDA

View Full Version : what the hell happened to season 2 of lost....

Tim Reynolds
03-01-2006, 10:04 PM
i remember watching season 1 on dvd and thinking to myself, "this might be the best/smartest/intriguing thing thats ever been put on tv"

then comes along season 2 and its a bust...

the hell happened?

MannyIsGod
03-01-2006, 10:07 PM
Another thread?

midgetonadonkey
03-01-2006, 10:10 PM
What is this Lost everyone seems to be obsessing over?

spurs=bling
03-01-2006, 10:14 PM
What is this Lost everyone seems to be obsessing over?

*shrugs*

beats me

katyon6th
03-01-2006, 10:31 PM
Please explain to me this bust you are speaking of.

IceColdBrewski
03-02-2006, 12:27 AM
What happened? The same thing that always happens to shows like "Lost" and "Prison Break." They turn into soap operas. Which is why I don't waste my time.

I can understand why some people get suckered in. They start off pretty good, and stay interesting for a little while with some nice twists and turns. But the only way they can keep their audience watching is to keep them hanging on with more twists and turns. Which means no real resolution. No real ending. While one storyline is closing, another is beggining.

A word to the wise. If you find yourself tuning into one of these "build you up but never let you have a good ending" shows, you're watching a soap opera.

Spurminator
03-02-2006, 12:56 AM
What happened? The same thing that always happens to shows like "Lost" and "Prison Break." They turn into soap operas. Which is why I don't waste my time.

I can understand why some people get suckered in. They start off pretty good, and stay interesting for a little while with some nice twists and turns. But the only way they can keep their audience watching is to keep them hanging on with more twists and turns. Which means no real resolution. No real ending. While one storyline is closing, another is beggining.

A word to the wise. If you find yourself tuning into one of these "build you up but never let you have a good ending" shows, you're watching a soap opera.

That's one way to do it... Or you could be like me and just enjoy the show with the knowlege that most likely, you're not going to find everything wrapped up neatly in the end. Sure, there's a part of me that would love to see one final twist that connects everyhing, but that's just not possible in a TV Series.

It's a good show, perhaps a bit overrated, but good suspense and pretty good performances from the cast. It's a lot like Twin Peaks... that series answered every question with three more questions and ultimately met its demise because it got too weird for mainstream viewers.

I don't see Lost lasting much longer than three seasons, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Ginofan
03-02-2006, 09:55 AM
A bust? The hell you say!

T Park
03-02-2006, 10:30 AM
House MD is twice the show, that LOST is.

Ginofan
03-02-2006, 11:28 AM
House MD is twice the show, that LOST is.

:lmao :lmao :lmao good one...

T-Pain
03-02-2006, 11:45 AM
i wonder if they'll ever be rescued. No man can survive in the wilderness this long. especially on an island. (it is an island, right?)

Ballcox
03-02-2006, 01:12 PM
^ All of those shows pale in comparison to the best series of all-time 'Saved by the Bell'

Damn, that show had everything..........school pranks, romance, laughter. I wish it had never ended! :lol :lol :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
03-02-2006, 01:26 PM
I'd rather listen to Christian Rock, attend the republican primary, or watch the Spurs Roundtable: TPark edition than watch Lost

ICB nailed it right on the head

Cant_Be_Faded
03-03-2006, 12:07 AM
How doth thou blogeth

Extra Stout
03-03-2006, 04:49 PM
How doth thou blogeth

Alas, thine Early Modern English grammar is poor.

Forsooth, any that follow beneath may work:

How dost thou blog? (How is the manner of thy blogging?)
How bloggest thou?
How mayest one blog? (By what means indeed might one come unto blogging?)

Prithee, heedest me thou when in that I thee have holp to speak!