PDA

View Full Version : Rick Carlisle on Fox Sports Radio this morning...

Pooh
09-09-2003, 06:42 AM
Rick Carlisle was interviewed this morning by Mark Patrick. In it he discussed how he was glad that he's back where he belonged.

He mentioned about his previous time with the Pacers under Larry Bird as well.

He talked some in general about his first few weeks at Pistons' head coach. According to him, he didn't set any goals as to how many wins they would have, etc.

When asked what he'll say when he gets the whole team together for the first time. He said the "rallying cry" for this team is completely about winning and each others abilites and about being a "team". He did say that this team needs to find it's "heart and soul".

He did say that he has met with Reggie and Austin Croshere. He does plan to meet with O'Neal sometime this week, he did say that he did talk to him on the phone too.

Being removed from the team for the past three years, helped him. He was glad, in someway that Walsh overlooked him for the job when Bird stepped down.

Artest was mentioned too. He said, the had a chance to talk about his temper and things. He said they addressed the reasons for all the flagrants and fouls he recieved. Stating that youth was one reason for all the fouls he committed.

He calls the Pacers a "young veteran" team. Challenges are many and goals are high, he said.

It was an interesting interview. Very positive from what I could gather. We're on the right track.

ducks
09-09-2003, 07:01 PM
he was on jim rome yesterday but I missed what he said. I turned in right when he got down. he was begging jim rome to do a tour stop in pacer land. jim told rick he would have to show up then:blah