PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 cars named and none are American...

sa_butta
03-02-2006, 01:32 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/carreviews/03/01/cr_top_picks/index.html (http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/carreviews/03/01/cr_top_picks/index.html)

Honda cleans up in Consumer Reports picks

All 10 of the magazine's 2006 Top Picks are Japanese nameplates, but half are U.S.-made Hondas.

http://money.cnn.com/popups/2006/autos/consumer_reports/frameset_cnn.exclude.html

No American or European nameplates are represented in this year's list, which is published in the April issue of Consumer Reports magazine.
The lone American model on last year's list, the Ford Focus, was replaced this year by the new, redesigned Honda Civic

Of the five Honda vehicles on Consumer Reports' Top Picks, four are manufactured in the U.S. The remaining vehicle, the Honda Ridgeline, was designed and engineered in the U.S. but is built in Canada.

Of the five other vehicles in the list, two are Toyotas, two are Subarus and one is from Nissan's Infiniti luxury division. Those remaining five are all are produced in Japan.

Consumer Reports buys vehicles anonymously for its test fleet through ordinary retail dealerships and tests them at a specially built facility in Connecticut. Among the tests performed are acceleration, handling, braking, ride quality and visibility.

In addition to track tests, test engineers also drive the vehicles in ordinary day-to-day situations.

To gauge reliability, the magazine surveys subscribers to both the magazine and its related Web site. Each respondent can supply data on up to two vehicles and the magazine received survey data on about a million individual vehicles this year, Consumer Reports said.

In order to be considered for a Top Pick a vehicle must have at least average predicted reliability, based on survey results, and good scores in crash tests by the government and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.

Das Texan
03-02-2006, 02:09 AM
this is like 3 months old at least.

xcoriate
03-02-2006, 05:13 AM
It's cause American cars suck....

Always have, always will.

ObiwanGinobili
03-02-2006, 08:45 AM
FORD = Found on Road Dead
Fix or Repair Daily

Vashner
03-02-2006, 08:45 AM
It's cause American cars suck....

Always have, always will.

Are you some kind of moron or something?

My ford will run over whatever rice burning piece of shit you drive asshole.

Spam
03-02-2006, 09:02 AM

I'll take my Toyota Tundra any day asshole.

smeagol
03-02-2006, 02:29 PM

Don't insult the cars made in my country or else . . .

What a moron :rolleyes

CosmicCowboy
03-02-2006, 02:54 PM
fuck that...no other truck can compare

That new Ford 6.0 diesel is a turd. People are blowing motors like crazy. Ford wouldn't be designing a "new" motor for '07 after only a 3 1/2 year production run if it wasn't a piece of crap.

Duff McCartney
03-02-2006, 04:05 PM
I'll take a Japanese car over an American car any day of the week.

American cars=ass.

braeden0613
03-02-2006, 04:29 PM
The only good american cars are Ford Trucks and the Corvette and maybe some cars by Chrysler. Of course it took mercedes to make those not suck

Mixability
03-02-2006, 04:30 PM
The only good american cars are Ford Trucks

:lmao

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-02-2006, 05:04 PM
I had a Dodge Ram truck that lasted 16 years on one engine. In fact I finally sold it about a year an a half ago because it had been demoted to 3rd string and I got tired of paying the insurance on it. It still ran like a champ. American cars aren't as bad as some people make them out to be. Nowadays I don't think there is much difference between American and Japanese manufacturing.

Peter
03-02-2006, 05:06 PM
What is "American" anymore? Is it a GM truck made in Mexico? or a Toyota truck made in San Antonio?

Furthermore, who cares? Seriously. There is something distinctly weird about saying "Ayh ohnlee bye Uhmuhrikan"...

Mixability
03-02-2006, 05:08 PM
What is "American" anymore? Is it a GM truck made in Mexico? or a Toyota truck made in San Antonio?

Furthermore, who cares?

:tu

Mixability
03-02-2006, 05:09 PM
America OWNS!

-Horry for 3!

:lmao

JoePublic
03-02-2006, 06:05 PM
I hope Vashner and others realize that Ford licenses Toyota technology. US automakers need to step up to the plate. GM actually has good cars but their reputation has been shattered.
I'll buy American made even if it is a foreign automaker.

scott
03-02-2006, 08:17 PM
Why does Detroit hate America?

Zombie
03-02-2006, 08:18 PM
The only good american cars are Ford Trucks
I have about 2000 reasons why Ford Trucks suck. I will give you the exact amount of reasons when My f-150 is out of the Shop! :rolleyes
The Quote I got was between 1500 - 2000!

tsb2000
03-02-2006, 09:49 PM
I've had three Chryslers, all were great cars, and not all were from Daimler-Chrysler. The ford and GM cars I had before that both blew goats. Neither could get to 75k miles before the engines went. The Chryslers all were champs. That being said, I also have an 04 Suzuki Forenza that I bought for a commuter car for me, and it's treated me very well over the two years I've had it, esp for the price I paid for it. :) -fwiw

CharlieMac
03-02-2006, 09:51 PM
I kinow it isn't on teh list, but the moms just bought a Tundra. That's a sweet ride there.

scott
03-02-2006, 10:10 PM
My Chrysler is great... but its made in Germany...

The sone
03-02-2006, 10:21 PM
i think its kindda funny that people are surprised...:lol

Extra Stout
03-03-2006, 04:54 PM
I can believe most of that list, but only a bunch of navel-gazing Westchester County liberals could say that the Honda Ridgeline is the best truck. Clearly they've never had to haul anything more substantial than a flat of marigolds from the local nursery.

chode_regulator
03-03-2006, 07:31 PM
i hate how everyone has a hardon for the tundra and whatever that crappy honda truck is and also the titan. the titan isnt a bad truck except its ugly as shit. but it doenst "own" any american truck. its simply comparable. the tundra isnt even full size so they need to stop advertising it as such. adn the damn honda is just ugly and i would rather have an avalane any day over it. and i would rather have a reg american truck for about 10 grand less.
i also hate how everyone just says american cars suck bc thats what the mainstream media shoves down their throat. my whole famliy has driven almost nothing but chevys, a few others here and there, and never had anhy major problems. any major manufacturer is going to have horror stories about its lineup.
heres mine. i finally caved and bought a foreign car. a 350z. if japanese cars are so great how come thousands of their trannies have gone out after only a few thousand miles. how come my clutch is going out after less than 30k miles? how come others have gone out after only a few thousand? how come the brakes suck as well as produce brake dust like a freight train? how come its noisy as shit on the inside? how come theris like 14 tsb's out for the 350z? how come tire feathering is a major issue as well as alignment? hwo come i cant fill up my fuel tank all at once bc the tank refuses to accept fuel?
arguments like this are like asking which came first, the chicken or the egg? everyone will have their opinion and everyone will disagree. i however think that people suck too much japanese dick when it comes to cars.

tlongII
03-03-2006, 07:34 PM
i hate how everyone has a hardon for the tundra and whatever that crappy honda truck is and also the titan. the titan isnt a bad truck except its ugly as shit. but it doenst "own" any american truck. its simply comparable. the tundra isnt even full size so they need to stop advertising it as such. adn the damn honda is just ugly and i would rather have an avalane any day over it. and i would rather have a reg american truck for about 10 grand less.
i also hate how everyone just says american cars suck bc thats what the mainstream media shoves down their throat. my whole famliy has driven almost nothing but chevys, a few others here and there, and never had anhy major problems. any major manufacturer is going to have horror stories about its lineup.
heres mine. i finally caved and bought a foreign car. a 350z. if japanese cars are so great how come thousands of their trannies have gone out after only a few thousand miles. how come my clutch is going out after less than 30k miles? how come others have gone out after only a few thousand? how come the brakes suck as well as produce brake dust like a freight train? how come its noisy as shit on the inside? how come theris like 14 tsb's out for the 350z? how come tire feathering is a major issue as well as alignment? hwo come i cant fill up my fuel tank all at once bc the tank refuses to accept fuel?
arguments like this are like asking which came first, the chicken or the egg? everyone will have their opinion and everyone will disagree. i however think that people suck too much japanese dick when it comes to cars.

I agree.

Boris
03-04-2006, 06:49 AM
I love my Toyota truck....it's smokin'!! :smokin

chode_regulator
03-04-2006, 08:11 AM
I can believe most of that list, but only a bunch of navel-gazing Westchester County liberals could say that the Honda Ridgeline is the best truck. Clearly they've never had to haul anything more substantial than a flat of marigolds from the local nursery.
aint that the truth. i think the only foreign truck worht anything at all is the titan and i'd still never buy one.
and peter makes a good opint, who cares? if you dont like american thenbuy foreign and further our trade deficit and help pay the jobs for those in other coutires instead of ours.

CAGE
03-05-2006, 02:03 AM
One day this will be on my driveway...

http://members.optusnet.com.au/genxsouljah/pix/wallpaper-bugatti.jpg

CoolArrow
03-05-2006, 02:47 AM
FORD = Found on Road Dead
Fix or Repair Daily

Wait a sec...I thought Ford stood for:
Fucked Over Rebuilt Dodge

xcoriate
03-05-2006, 06:48 AM

Who said I go for riced cars?

Anyway I'll give you the uh... AC Cobra and the GT40.

I'm pretty sure that sums up the good American cars.

Old School Chic
03-05-2006, 11:49 AM
:elephant

http://www.mitsubishi-center.ro/images/Logo5.jpg

Clandestino
03-06-2006, 09:51 PM
it's the unions... get rid of them and american vehicles will rise in quality..

Extra Stout
03-07-2006, 06:16 PM
aint that the truth. i think the only foreign truck worht anything at all is the titan and i'd still never buy one.
and peter makes a good opint, who cares? if you dont like american thenbuy foreign and further our trade deficit and help pay the jobs for those in other coutires instead of ours.
Yes, provide jobs for people working in those foreign plants in Texas, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennesee, Kentucky, Ohio, and South Carolina, as opposed to the domestic plants in Ontario and Sonora.