PDA

View Full Version : What's uglier? Pop or downtown San Antonio?

Obstructed_View
03-02-2006, 12:26 PM
I hate sports talk radio in Dallas. I'm really hoping the Spurs pound the shit out of the Mavs so I can listen to them cry all day tomorrow.

Sec24Row7
03-02-2006, 12:32 PM
ROFL... Downtown dallas has nothing on Downtown San Antonio...

As for Pop vs Avery....

well...

At least they are both rich.

FromWayDowntown
03-02-2006, 12:45 PM
That's typical of Mavs talk from a couple of years ago. The "we can't beat you, but we think we live in a better place" smack is second only to the "you live in San Antonio so you must be stupid" smack in terms of the lame ass crap that some Mavs fans run.

It's hard to tell how ugly Pop is or isn't. The light glistening off all of those diamond-encrusted rings he has make him hard to see.

Obstructed_View
03-02-2006, 12:46 PM
From one standpoint, it's funny listening to Dallas trying to manufacture a rivalry when their team has never done shit, but it still pisses me off that nobody up here seems to have a lick of class. If they weren't dicks, I'd be okay with the Mavs winning tonight just to shut up all the Pistons talk. It's probably about time for the Spurs to decide to win a game that's considered big, even if it isn't.

sickdsm
03-02-2006, 12:50 PM
That's typical of Mavs talk from a couple of years ago. The "we can't beat you, but we think we live in a better place" smack is second only to the "you live in San Antonio so you must be stupid" smack in terms of the lame ass crap that some Mavs fans run.

It's hard to tell how ugly Pop is or isn't. The light glistening off all of those diamond-encrusted rings he has make him hard to see.

And that's different from the "your dumber because you live in a cold region" smack how?

Oh that's right, your dumb if you freeze your nuts in Minneapolis but your a suave, smart, playboy if your wee-wee freezes in East Lansing?

Hatfield
03-02-2006, 12:51 PM
I hate sports talk radio in Dallas. I'm really hoping the Spurs pound the shit out of the Mavs so I can listen to them cry all day tomorrow.

I couldn't agree more. All The Ticket has talked about for the last 3 days is about how the Mavs are a different team.....blah, blah, blah. Thank goodness for Craig Miller, the lone Dallas sports talk radio Spurs fan.....

island_dude
03-02-2006, 12:55 PM
:cry

FromWayDowntown
03-02-2006, 01:02 PM
And that's different from the "your dumber because you live in a cold region" smack how?

Oh that's right, your dumb if you freeze your nuts in Minneapolis but your a suave, smart, playboy if your wee-wee freezes in East Lansing?

Where exactly has that been prevalent around here? To hear some Dallasites discuss the topic, they would seem to be surprised that there are real schools with multiple classrooms and books that have more than pictures and indoor toilets and everything in San Antonio.

j-6
03-02-2006, 01:14 PM
I don't know. Did Slomo take any pictures of Pop?

Obstructed_View
03-02-2006, 01:26 PM
:cry
So are you crying in advance? I'm perfectly happy to wait until your team gets assraped.

Brutalis
03-02-2006, 01:26 PM
Dallas looks better than San Antonio?

Um, when I was 6, I went to Six Flags in Dallas, and then in SA the next day. Then in Houston.

Being a 6 year old, I asked my mom, "Why does it smell funny here?" Referring to Houston.

"Polution hunny, I don't think these people have a sewer system or anything."

Laff.

Anyways, downtown Dallas is like downtown Memphis. Poorly constructed streets, confusing signs and just flat out rude ass people.

The Riverwalk, and downtown SA was awesome. Spurs in people's apartment windows, seeing posters of "One Team One Love".. the place was just a blast. And the people seemed nicer. And this was when I was 15.

Not that I need to defend SA, but by GOD if Dallas has anything on them.

nkdlunch
03-02-2006, 01:48 PM
that's some brokeback allas radio smack right there

ShoogarBear
03-02-2006, 01:53 PM
At least it's safe to ride a convertible in SA.

Buddy Holly
03-02-2006, 01:57 PM

Actually, you're not dumber for living in a cold region, you're dumber for spelling
"you're" wrong twice in a post where you try and defend your intelligence in your "warm friendly challenged climate" region.

SenorSpur
03-02-2006, 02:13 PM

I feel ya. As a San Antonio transplant, I live up here in the Big D too and I also heard that shit on the radio today. That was a very low blow and it was uncalled for.

But as many of you have said, when you've got nothing else to "hang your sports hat on", you have to resort to manufactured "municipal bullshit". Who gives a crap what Downtown looks like? It's got nothing to do with the game itself.

A better question would have been, "What's uglier? The rafters at the American Airlines Center (AAC - home of the Mavs) or the AT&T Center?" :elephant

I'll be listening intently to the local Sportstalk on Friday after the Spurs "beat their bitch asses" tonight. :drunk

AlamoSpursFan
03-02-2006, 02:18 PM
If y'all were listening to Russ Martin instead of the Ticket, you wouldn't have that problem.

CubanMustGo
03-02-2006, 02:22 PM
i thought i would get to see a mug shot of pop's face

Here's your photo of Saint Pop:

http://www.gazette.com/db_images/1083_grown.jpg

island_dude
03-02-2006, 02:59 PM
So are you crying in advance? I'm perfectly happy to wait until your team gets assraped.
It would take someone with warped mind to say something like you just said. Then again you must have sick fantasies about men doing that to other men, or you wouldn't say something like that.

If you want to talk like that I'm sure there are other discussion boards where it's the norm.
We're talking about basketball here, not someone's sick fantasy of sodomy.

G-Nob
03-02-2006, 03:52 PM
The Ticket is greatness.
Don't listen to 103.3 for two reasons:

1. They're ESPN so naturally they suck.
2. The locals are employed by Mark Cuban to be homers so they don't have a choice to be objective.

It is funny to listen the next day on how bitter the metroplex is after a loss.

TxJudsonRocketTx
03-02-2006, 03:59 PM

Can you please learn the difference from "Your" and "You're." Maybe you're stupid because you have no idea how to use grammar, not so much for living in a cold region.

nkdlunch
03-02-2006, 04:01 PM
i thought i would get to see a mug shot of pop's face

don't have a mugshot but he're a closeup of his face

http://www.celestron.com/user_contrib/images/u-jrsmooncloseup_sm.jpg

ShoogarBear
03-02-2006, 04:26 PM
Harsh.

island_dude
03-02-2006, 04:50 PM
The Ticket is greatness.
Don't listen to 103.3 for two reasons:

1. They're ESPN so naturally they suck.
2. The locals are employed by Mark Cuban to be homers so they don't have a choice to be objective.

It is funny to listen the next day on how bitter the metroplex is after a loss.
I disagree about Cooperstein. He might be the Mavs radio play by play guy now, but he's never been a homer. He's always been very objective, which is more than I can say for the guys who do the rockets broadcast.

island_dude
03-02-2006, 04:51 PM
:lol
don't have a mugshot but he're a closeup of his face

http://www.celestron.com/user_contrib/images/u-jrsmooncloseup_sm.jpg

sickdsm
03-02-2006, 05:22 PM
Actually, you're not dumber for living in a cold region, you're dumber for spelling
"you're" wrong twice in a post where you try and defend your intelligence in your "warm friendly challenged climate" region.

Actually i didn' try to defend my intelligence, I was pointing out how stupid it is to play that card. Hey, look at that! I didn't spell "didn't" right! I must not know how to spell it.

I don't spellcheck, i don't worry about grammer. When i write a professional letter i take a littl more time. I get my point across and guess what? People understand it! So until your someone that matters to me and not just some random person with the name of a guy who died in a blaze, kiss off.

sickdsm
03-02-2006, 05:27 PM
Can you please learn the difference from "Your" and "You're." Maybe you're stupid because you have no idea how to use grammar, not so much for living in a cold region.

Can you please learn how to correctly use punctuation? Any assclown that's writing a grammar blast should at least cover his own ass. Learn how to use a question mark at the end of questions. Try putting it on the correct location of the sentence also.

Obstructed_View
03-02-2006, 06:54 PM
It would take someone with warped mind to say something like you just said. Then again you must have sick fantasies about men doing that to other men, or you wouldn't say something like that.

If you want to talk like that I'm sure there are other discussion boards where it's the norm.
We're talking about basketball here, not someone's sick fantasy of sodomy.
Dude, you have 84 posts. The only reason your stupid ass is here is because your team is hanging on. If you really were a fan of your team you'd be hanging out in a Mavericks board, but you are here with your little chest puffed out. If you are going to take issue with the fact that I used a funny sounding verb to talk smack about your lame ass pussy no defense no class fans having team then maybe you should find another discussion board.

Obstructed_View
03-02-2006, 06:57 PM
If y'all were listening to Russ Martin instead of the Ticket, you wouldn't have that problem.
I said "sports talk". I therefore could not have been talking about the Ticket. Any radio station that requires its own dictionary in order to follow the conversation or that has 60 year old men horn dogging girls and using terms like "tore up" doesn't hold any interest for me. I guess that describes Russ Martin too, now that I think about it.

Peter
03-02-2006, 06:58 PM
Sounds fairly typical for a Dallas-area sports fan. Recall when Cubano bused in his minions for the 2001 WC Semifinals?

word
03-02-2006, 07:06 PM
THE reason Dallas will never win the west:http://images.usatoday.com/sports/nba/_photos/2005-05-19-dampier.jpg

maxpower
03-02-2006, 07:13 PM
If you need a dictionary to follow The Ticket, you have other things to worry about. They are pretty much greatness in their sports versus entertainment coverage. They are not homers in their views. As a matter of fact they are very frank in their coverage. I have never heard them dog the Spurs. Heck they dog their own teams but that is because they know their teams inside and out.

last_train
03-02-2006, 07:15 PM
it is a disgraceful way of criticising a person who is one of the creators of the best sports organization in the world.
just putting this quote in the locker room will make the motivation of our players enough to trounce the mavs.

DMFFL341
03-02-2006, 07:19 PM
Dude, you have 84 posts. The only reason your stupid ass is here is because your team is hanging on. If you really were a fan of your team you'd be hanging out in a Mavericks board, but you are here with your little chest puffed out. If you are going to take issue with the fact that I used a funny sounding verb to talk smack about your lame ass pussy no defense no class fans having team then maybe you should find another discussion board.

I think most of the Mavs fans here are truly Mavs fans and just because they aren't "hanging out" on a Mavericks board doesn't mean anything. Have you been to the Mavs board? It's a low quality, built by the fans website and there is just not enough traffic for it to generate enough top notch basketball chat. Here it is much more professional and there are a lot more people to have conversation with. Sorry to but in, but I don't like how you say Mavs fans should be hanging out in a Mavs board.

Obstructed_View
03-02-2006, 07:19 PM
If you need a dictionary to follow The Ticket, you have other things to worry about. They are pretty much greatness in their sports versus entertainment coverage.
Way to use one of their terms describing them. At least you didn't say "the Greatness that is the Ticket." or refer to the Mavericks as the "Little Mavs"

http://www.theticket.com/ticktionary.htm

Peter
03-02-2006, 07:21 PM
Gotta rip the city when the team has eliminated you from the postseason every time they've met. Gotta rip the coach when he has 3 rings to your none.

word
03-02-2006, 07:22 PM
Way to use one of their terms describing them. At least you didn't say "the Greatness that is the Ticket." or refer to the Mavericks as the "Little Mavs"

http://www.theticket.com/ticktionary.htm

You mean refer to the Spurs as the little Chaps ?

SequSpur
03-02-2006, 07:27 PM
Nothing worse than a Mav fan and a foreigner...

Hey, this is my house and you're welcome anytime.

Obstructed_View
03-02-2006, 07:27 PM
I think most of the Mavs fans here are truly Mavs fans and just because they aren't "hanging out" on a Mavericks board doesn't mean anything. Have you been to the Mavs board? It's a low quality, built by the fans website and there is just not enough traffic for it to generate enough top notch basketball chat. Here it is much more professional and there are a lot more people to have conversation with. Sorry to but in, but I don't like how you say Mavs fans should be hanging out in a Mavs board.
No problem with the "but-ing in", but keep in mind that I was responding to someone else, hence the quote. If you really are here for the chat then you'll of course be welcomed and you will obviously be here even after your team's season has ended. If you are here to talk shit and add nothing of value then I'm going to take issue with it. While I'm not sure how you can have your finger firmly on the pulse of all the other Mavs fans to such a degree that you can speak for them after fifty posts, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Obstructed_View
03-03-2006, 10:44 AM
Aaah. It's awesome, Jelly Man. Today is the best radio day ever. They are talking about how Robert Horry should be suspended for biting Stackhouse. They also say that he started the altercation even though they didn't see the shove by stack on the other end of the floor just prior. Cuban is sending a tape to the league office (shocker I know). They are also somehow buying stack's gripe about the officiating, even though the Mavs were allowed to do that chicken wing thing to get space against the defenders all night.

Ahhhh...same old Mavs. No fortitude, no defense, no class, no ability to take a loss like men. Life is good.

Peter
03-03-2006, 10:48 AM
So now it's moved from 'statement game' to 'hey, it's only the regular season'...

Trainwreck2100
03-03-2006, 10:51 AM
What's the net link for this station?

boutons_
03-03-2006, 10:53 AM
It's a statement game for whichever teams wins. :)

Had the Spurs lost, the Spurs fans would have downgraded the game to:

"it's only one game",

"it's the regular season WGAF?"

"it EARLY March"

"Tim's hurt"

"Manu's hurt"

etc.

samikeyp
03-03-2006, 11:02 AM
Pop

but with three titles and 500 wins...its all good! :elephant

island_dude
03-09-2006, 12:43 PM
Sorry for the slow response. It's obvious your the billy badass behind the keyboard who doesn't have the ability to have a debate with someone without using profanity and sophomoric exploitives.

You win , you're the tough guy behind the keyboard!

Sportcamper
03-09-2006, 01:31 PM
Gregg Popovich (Popović in Serbian) (born November 24, 1948 in East Chicago, Indiana) is the head coach of the NBA's San Antonio Spurs...

Popovich, of Serbian origin, is a 1966 graduate of Merrillville High School and a 1970 graduate of the United States Air Force Academy. He played basketball for four seasons at the Academy, and in his senior year was the captain and the leading scorer. He graduated with his bachelors degree in Soviet Studies, and then served five years in the Air Force, during which he toured Eastern Europe and the Soviet Union, and played basketball with the U.S. Armed Forces Team. In 1972 he was named captain of the Armed Forces Team, which won the AAU championship; this earned him an invitation to the 1972 U.S. Olympic team training camp...

He returned to the Air Force Academy as an assistant coach in 1973, a position he held for 6 years. During this time, Popovich attended the University of Denver and obtained his Masters Degree in Physical Education and Sports Sciences. In 1979, he was named head coach of Pomona Pitzer's men's basketball team. He moved to the NBA and the Spurs in 1988, serving as an assistant coach to Larry Brown, with whom he remains close friends. He moved to the Golden State Warriors for a brief stint in 1992, serving as an assistant under Don Nelson...

In 1994 he became the General Manager of the Spurs..."Pop" (as he is affectionately known to Spurs personnel and fans) is the most decorated coach in Spurs history, having led the team to their first championship in 1999, and to repeat performances in 2003 and 2005. Popovich also earned his 500th career victory on March 2, 2006, becoming the 4th fastest coach in NBA history to reach that milestone...

Popovich has also represented the USA in international play, serving on the coaching staff for the 2002 World Basketball Championship, the 2003 FIBA America Men’s Olympic Qualifying Tournament, and the 2004 Olympic Games...

Off the court, Popovich is actively involved in several other San Antonio charities and programs, such as the Spurs/Pizza Hut Drug Free Youth Basketball League and the San Antonio Food Bank. He and his wife of 29 years, Erin, have two children, Micky and Jill...

Obstructed_View
03-09-2006, 04:24 PM
Sorry for the slow response. It's obvious your the billy badass behind the keyboard who doesn't have the ability to have a debate with someone without using profanity and sophomoric exploitives.

You win , you're the tough guy behind the keyboard!
Yeah, me and those darned exploitives. :lol

nkdlunch
03-09-2006, 04:28 PM
wife's 29??? damn Pop's a Pimp

WayDowntownBang
03-09-2006, 06:10 PM
It's threads like this that make me wish that there were 2 NBA teams in Michigan...

ShoogarBear
03-09-2006, 06:19 PM
Where would they put the second one? Kalamazoo?

Vingianx
03-09-2006, 06:51 PM
Let us not fret my Spurs fans that is just whiny talk from a pampered team's fan base that never seems to get out of its own conference