PDA

View Full Version : Weirdest thing happened today - surreal.

easjer
03-02-2006, 02:06 PM
As some know, my husband is looking for a full time job. We've had limited success so far and things have been really stressful, because I'm desparate to leave my own job. Anyway . . . my husband applied for a job on the campus I work at, in the office that he worked in part time when he was a student.

It has turned out that this is actually his old boss's job, so he's certainly the most qualified applicant in terms of job experience. Then he had an interview that was really . . . short. And that made it difficult to interpret. He was told he'd hear something by Friday or Monday at the lastest, but we didn't hear anything. Upon inquiry, we heard that the final interview got rescheduled to this week, so we would hear something hopefully by the end of this week or the beginning of next week.

Ok. So I'm busy at work when someone walks in. One of the students greets him and as he's talking, I look up and I realize - it's HIM. The guy who's been interviewing my husband. I've never met him before, but it's him. He's asking to speak with one of my co-workers, who was on the phone. He waits. I'm just staring at him, because this is the guy who's making the decision that can really affect our lives right now.

So my coworker gets free and they talk in her office behind closed doors. He leaves. She waits until he's gone, then leans over and laughes and says that she wished she'd known that Jason was using her as a reference, because she was unprepared. (that was an accident by the way, he submitted an older version of his reference sheet - my boss should have been on there instead of my coworker - this comes from having been an active student and volunteer in our college, not from my working here, btw)

And to top it off, this is the coworker who drives me up a blinking wall all the time. She's really nice, and a truly wonderful person, but hugley disorganized and indecisive as a coworker. How bizarre that she ended up giving my husband a reference right next to me.

Anyway, I'm sure it was positive, and it's a good sign. Kamran is still really interested, and I know his other references (from that office) will be glowing. So I'm feeling really hopeful about this. But what a bizarre experience.