PDA

View Full Version : Tyson Chandler

Dalamar_the_Dark
03-02-2006, 10:09 PM
I've been toying with the idea of which center would best fit the Spurs system and I kinda like Tyson Chandler.

This guy rebounds, is big enough and has some nice touches. He doesnt need the ball to be effective but needs to work on his defense. (anybody who comes to the Spurs needs to work on his defense anyway) :lol

I know the cap numbers dont work now but at the end of the season maybe something could be done. Maybe a sign and trade involving Nazr?

What do you guys think?

ducks
03-02-2006, 10:12 PM
after playoffs forum

Dre_7
I have been saying that for a long time.

ChumpDumper
If you can drop some acid in Paxson's latte, maybe.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-02-2006, 10:17 PM
Why would you want to trade for a rebounding center when we already have one in Nazr?

Put down the keyboard and the crackpipe.

Dre_7
03-02-2006, 10:17 PM
Why would you want to trade for a rebounding center when we already have one in Nazr?

Chandler is ALOT better than Nazr.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-02-2006, 10:28 PM
Chandler played like shit the entire season until about 3 weeks ago. And he'll cost twice what Nazr will.

TDMVPDPOY
03-02-2006, 10:35 PM
tysone chandler on a max contract, his not worth what ge got, and the when u look at the start of the season, his game was so shit it made him look like a JJ of the knicks. another bum who got paid.

Dalamar_the_Dark
03-02-2006, 10:59 PM

Nazr cant catch a pass. Thats the problem. Anyway he gets more offensive rebounds. We need someone to help dominate the defensive glass together with Duncan. Chandler will be a better fit cause he cleans up the defensive boards.

Spurs not outrebounding opponents unlike in the past few years. Thats why we aint as dominant. Pistons have learnt a thing or two from us.

TDMVPDPOY
03-02-2006, 11:48 PM
so u really wanna pay a guy 10mill just to clean the boards?? wait...we can just sign javtokas for 1/3 of that price and do the same thing.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-02-2006, 11:56 PM
Dalamar, are you even watching the game tonight? Nazr's dunked on Dirk and Dampier. Which means he had to catch a pass first.

He's going toe to toe with Dirk, and you want to trade him and pay Chandler 13 million a year to grab two more boards a game. Wake the fuck up.

Rummpd
03-03-2006, 12:25 AM
keep Nazr = all we need!

SenorSpur
03-03-2006, 01:35 AM
Would love to have him if Nazr leaves. The only problem is it would cost more to get him than it would to keep Nazr.

ChumpDumper
03-03-2006, 01:37 AM
YEAH! We would've won tonight if Chandler played!

hussker
03-03-2006, 01:38 AM
JOSEPH JONES IN 3 yrs....(He will not last that long in the draft...damnit)

Dalamar_the_Dark
03-03-2006, 02:00 AM
Dalamar, are you even watching the game tonight? Nazr's dunked on Dirk and Dampier. Which means he had to catch a pass first.

He's going toe to toe with Dirk, and you want to trade him and pay Chandler 13 million a year to grab two more boards a game. Wake the fuck up.

Hes only going toe to toe with Dirk cause Bowen messed up Dirk. If I needed a Slam Dunk Champion I'll get the new A.I. not Nazr who cant really score any other way. You think hes going to dunk over Shaq? Please..............

If dunking over Dirk and Dampier = GOD. The Knicks would have been NBA champs when Nazr Jordan was playing for them. :lol :elephant :lol

Dalamar_the_Dark
03-03-2006, 02:14 AM
so u really wanna pay a guy 10mill just to clean the boards?? wait...we can just sign javtokas for 1/3 of that price and do the same thing.

Javtokas isnt tested. I agree that prices of big men are ridiculous nowadays but frankly there are other peeps who are even more grossly overpaid. Theres nothing we can do. Why do you think so many PFs are masquerading as centers? and quite a couple of SFs are masquerading as PFs?

Also, being 7"7 doesnt mean you will own the boards. Look at Yao Ming. Shawn Bradley was a flop as well. Manute Bol wasnt your rebounding guru either.

Positioning is crucial. Look at Dennis Rodman, Ben Wallace, Shawn Marion... they aint even 6"10 but they own the boards. Why? Simply positioning, anticipation and atheletic ability.

timvp
03-03-2006, 02:15 AM
Chandler with his history past, broken back, unknown sicknesses that make him tired and large contract is a player I wouldn't be wanting to trade for anytime soon.

ChumpDumper
03-03-2006, 02:16 AM
Theres nothing we can do.Much like there is nothing we can do to get Chandler.
Why do you think so many PFs are masquerading as centers?Chandler is one of those PFs.