PDA

View Full Version : First Mav's Player to Cry

MoSpur
03-03-2006, 10:42 AM
Stackhouse rips ref; Bavetta doesn't comment

02:21 AM CST on Friday, March 3, 2006
By EDDIE SEFKO / Staff Writer

Jerry Stackhouse unloaded on veteran referee Dick Bavetta after Thursday's 98-89 loss to the San Antonio Spurs, saying that he knew the Mavericks were in trouble when he saw Bavetta as the crew chief.

"It's tough to come on the road in this environment and have to play agains the refs, too," Stackhouse said. "[Expletive] Dick Bavetta.

I'm tired of his [expletive]. It's like the game is about him. He just needs to call the game and call the fouls.

"It's like he didn't because we were up and he wanted to see them [the Spurs] come back."

Stackhouse and Robert Horry were called for a double technical foul when they got involved in a scrum late in the game.

The Mavericks believed Horry bit Stackhouse during the scuffle, which did not escalate.

"We saw it and are on it," owner Mark Cuban said of Horry's alleged nibble. "We will send it into the league and I'm sure he will be suspended."

Stackhouse could not confirm the bite. But he left no doubt about his displeasure with Bavetta.

"This game was about Dick Bavetta," he said. "He called a double technical foul like he's trying to sort it out. But he never saw what happened. If he'd seen what had happened, he'd know I got an offensive rebound and Horry came down and gave me a cheap shot at the other end.

"He was grandstanding. He wanted to dictate the game. If the game was called right, we wouldn't have been fighting from behind at the end."

Stackhouse said he wasn't concerned about possible retribution from the league office about his comments.

Bavetta, leaving the arena nearly two hours after the game ended, had no comment.

carina_gino20
03-03-2006, 10:43 AM
another player who can't :stfu

Trainwreck2100
03-03-2006, 10:45 AM

Jerry Stackhouse unloaded on veteran referee Dick Bavetta after Thursday's 98-89 loss to the San Antonio Spurs, saying that he knew the Mavericks were in trouble when he saw Bavetta as the crew chief.

"It's tough to come on the road in this environment and have to play agains the refs, too," Stackhouse said. "[Expletive] Dick Bavetta.

I'm tired of his [expletive]. It's like the game is about him. He just needs to call the game and call the fouls.

"It's like he didn't because we were up and he wanted to see them [the Spurs] come back."

Stackhouse and Robert Horry were called for a double technical foul when they got involved in a scrum late in the game.

The Mavericks believed Horry bit Stackhouse during the scuffle, which did not escalate.

"We saw it and are on it," owner Mark Cuban said of Horry's alleged nibble. "We will send it into the league and I'm sure he will be suspended."

Stackhouse could not confirm the bite. But he left no doubt about his displeasure with Bavetta.

"This game was about Dick Bavetta," he said. "He called a double technical foul like he's trying to sort it out. But he never saw what happened. If he'd seen what had happened, he'd know I got an offensive rebound and Horry came down and gave me a cheap shot at the other end.

"He was grandstanding. He wanted to dictate the game. If the game was called right, we wouldn't have been fighting from behind at the end."

Stackhouse said he wasn't concerned about possible retribution from the league office about his comments.

Bavetta, leaving the arena nearly two hours after the game ended, had no comment.

Yeah, cept he gave Horry the same cheap shot on the other side

Hook Dem
03-03-2006, 10:46 AM
Ah yes....Stackgrouse! Cuban's shower partner! :lol

Obstructed_View
03-03-2006, 10:47 AM
Bavetta was sitting next to a media member from Fort Worth on the flight back, and was completely unaware that Stackhouse had said anything about him.

MoSpur
03-03-2006, 10:47 AM
Exactly. This was something that began on the other end. I can't stand when players whine like that.

Peter
03-03-2006, 10:49 AM
Awesome. It's "the refs" now. You lost because the Spurs' D clamped down on your ass.

MoSpur
03-03-2006, 10:49 AM

I can't stand this owner. Its good he is passionate about his team and the sport, but he needs to calm the heck down. Why didn't they show him when his team lost. Why did they only show him when Terry hit the three? Cuban makes me sick. I'm glad this guy has billions of dollars, but I'm sick of seeing him and hearing from him.

infinite styles
03-03-2006, 10:51 AM
Craphouse was throwing just as many cheap shots as anybody else on the court. The game was chippy from the get go and I'm pretty sure if the Mavs would have won you wouldn't have heard shit. I do agree that Bavetta will try to take over a game at times but he's like that with all the teams Mavs included, so he just needs to take the loss and stop bitching and Cuban needs to STFU cause his complaining and tape sending has ruined too many games.

Peter
03-03-2006, 10:53 AM
Cuban is just like any other fan. He'll bitch about the refs when his team loses. Of course, he's just like any other fan who happens to own the team.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-03-2006, 10:53 AM
What bunch of pussies! Fuck them

samikeyp
03-03-2006, 10:55 AM
:cry :cry :cry

Oh, Gee!!
03-03-2006, 10:55 AM
Not only do the Mavs always come in second to the Spurs, now they're stealing our "it's the refs' fault" argument.

Oh, Gee!!
03-03-2006, 10:56 AM
:lol but Horry did bite him. :lol

SAGambler
03-03-2006, 10:57 AM
Stackhouse doesn't like it when he gets as good as he gives. Another spoiled player who wants to blame the refs when they lose.

Perhaps he forgot to notice the Spurs D and Dirk catching a case of Bowens Disease had more to do with them losing than any ref.

leemajors
finley and stack were really going at each other in the second half. i know this is off topic, but finley played great d on stack, and hit some incredible shots with stack draped on him. i wonder if they used to go at each other like that in practice, it seemed very heated...

1Parker1
Who cares? Spurs won the game, that's all that matters. :)

boutons_
03-03-2006, 11:00 AM
"We will send it into the league and I'm sure he will be suspended."

You motherfucking, laughing-stock, well-reamed asshole.

Rob was locked up in that scrum with somebodye else's elbow an inch from his mouth. It was fake, joke munch. Not malicious or in anger. Apparently no marks (who was not even suited up).

MoSpur
I know that Cuban will do anything and everything for his team to win. That's good and bad though. His players have to be able to look past who is calling the game and play the best that they can to win. Bavetta wasn't the one who was hounding Dirk. Bavetta wasn't the one who was driving into the lane and hitting the tear drops. Bavetta wasn't the one with clutch shooting in the end.

The Spurs did that.

Oh, Gee!!
Big ups :tu :tu to Bowen for guarding Dirk

infinite styles
03-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Well apparently Woody Paige agrees with him and feels the same way. And his (Woody's) view on Bowen's D on Nowitzki is that it was non existant due to the fact that he scored 23. Anyways Stacks a punk and Woody is now the new Dallas Paige!

smeagol
03-03-2006, 11:01 AM
This is why I hate to hear Spurs fans bitch about the refs. Read what Stckhouse and Cuban are saying and see how pathetic they look. That's how pathetic we look when we constantly cry about officiating.

Chris
03-03-2006, 11:04 AM
Let them talk shit. They just make themselves look worse. What Horry did...was uncalled for and should be punished. I'm one of his biggest fans but shit like that is the anti-christ of Spurs basketball.

SAGambler
03-03-2006, 11:05 AM
On Mark Cuban.

I used to like this guy. He pretty much saved the Mavericks franchise. Then the year DRob was going to retire, he was the only owner that had a pre game ceremony honoring him for all his years of service.

But now this guy has gone overboard. In a way I can understand his frustration. The Mavs are always so close, yet so far away.

With Avery at the helm, this appears to be the best overall team in the history of the Mavs, and yet they still can't seem to make that final step and become the team the Spurs are.

After watching that game last night, I'm sure he sees another early exit come playoff time. If I was in his shoes, I would be frustrated to.

But the guy does need to chill. Otherwise they are going to be hauling him out of the arena on a stretcher.

MoSpur
03-03-2006, 11:10 AM
Mark Cuban is amazing. He is successful for a reason. That's good and I am glad for him. However, he is the only owner that I know of that does and says things like this. I have never heard Holt come out and say things like this. I would be ashamed of the owner of the Spurs would come out and do something like this. Its good he is passionate about the Mavs. However, he needs to....what are the words....uh...

SHUT THE HECK UP!

samikeyp
03-03-2006, 11:13 AM
Ah yes....Stackgrouse! Cuban's shower partner

:lmao

Brokeback Maverick

kris
03-03-2006, 11:16 AM

How can you not see exactly where Stackhouse is coming from?

Bavetta makes up calls all the time and he does want the game to be about him.

Remember the Tim Duncan "hamburger" call?

I've said the same thing about Bavetta after almost every game I watch him ref. He is an attention hungry old man and likes to get the attention. Countless times I've seen him make the exact wrong call and it's almost as if he's hoping the player comes and talks to him.

I think he's one of the worst refs in the game, maybe the worst depending on how Violet Palmer has progressed.

pache100
03-03-2006, 11:19 AM
:lol but Horry did bite him. :lol

No he didn't. Never made contact.

T Park
03-03-2006, 11:20 AM
agree 100% Kris.

Violet and Dick, are the worst, by far and away.

He also does that little embelishing of the calls to hope the crowd is watching him.

MoSpur
03-03-2006, 11:21 AM

Because Stackhouse was playing just as dirty as any of the Spurs were.

Oh, Gee!!
03-03-2006, 11:21 AM
No he didn't. Never made contact.

then he gummed the guy

FromWayDowntown
03-03-2006, 11:23 AM

Bavetta makes up calls all the time and he does want the game to be about him.

Remember the Tim Duncan "hamburger" call?

I've said the same thing about Bavetta after almost every game I watch him ref. He is an attention hungry old man and likes to get the attention. Countless times I've seen him make the exact wrong call and it's almost as if he's hoping the player comes and talks to him.

I think he's one of the worst refs in the game, maybe the worst depending on how Violet Palmer has progressed.

I think Bavetta tries to manipulate games (or at least parts of games) sometimes. And it may very well be that the league likes that he does that. It's fairly predictable, but I can also see that it's annoying. Nevertheless, it's one of the things that players can't control and shouldn't worry about. It's ridiculous for Stackhouse to suggest that the only reason the Mavs weren't leading in the 4th Quarter was Dick Bavetta. It might have had something to do with leaving Nazr with easy shots in the 3rd, or Tony Parker's dominance in that quarter, or with Bowen's defense on Dirk. But you'll never hear the Mavericks say that -- it's never about what they didn't or couldn't do; it's always about someone's vendetta.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-03-2006, 11:24 AM
Cuban is just like any other fan. He'll bitch about the refs when his team loses. Of course, he's just like any other fan who happens to own the team.

I remember when Cuban first started getting attention. Everyone was talking about what a breath of fresh air he was because he wasn't just some billionaire who bought this team as an investment, but he's a real regular joe kind of fan. Well this is the double edged sword. He whines just like a regular joe fan, with the added intensity that I think he feels that he needs to defend his players and team, much like a company's CEO would do when he has to explain why his firm is doing poorly in the stock market.

I think the commentators hit it right on the head that this was a game with playoff style intensity and I think the refs did the right thing by letting the players play with playoff style physicality. They could have gone in there with the idea that emotions were running high so they would have to call every little bump and touch so that things wouldnt' get out of hand, but instead they let them play and the game was much better for it.

nkdlunch
03-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Mavs lost thanks to their supposedly X factors, stackhouse and vanhorn :lol

pache100
03-03-2006, 11:27 AM
then he gummed the guy

No he didn't. Watch the replays. Horry never touched Stackhouse with his mouth. Are you reading the posts at all?

samikeyp
03-03-2006, 11:29 AM

Cuban, IMO, has done a lot of good things. His charitable work has been outstanding and he takes cars of his players. I just think there are better ways to handle issues you might have.

Oh, Gee!!
03-03-2006, 11:30 AM
No he didn't. Watch the replays. Horry never touched Stackhouse with his mouth. Are you reading the posts at all?

stop being a fucking homer. I'm just having some fun after a good win. calm down, you'll live longer.

Drive Like Jehu
03-03-2006, 11:30 AM
Bennett Salvatore is worse then Bavetta.

pache100
03-03-2006, 11:31 AM
Cuban, IMO, has done a lot of good things. His charitable work has been outstanding and he takes cars of his players. I just think there are better ways to handle issues you might have.

I agree with that. He's a brilliant business man. He's a humanitarian. I respect him. But I sure don't like him.

loveforthegame
03-03-2006, 11:31 AM
finley and stack were really going at each other in the second half. i know this is off topic, but finley played great d on stack, and hit some incredible shots with stack draped on him. i wonder if they used to go at each other like that in practice, it seemed very heated...

Bad blood there for sure. Stackhouse is the only guy I've seen talk shit about Finley when he was cut by the Mavs. You could just tell Stack was glad that Fin was gone. He probably thought he'd get the starting spot with Fin gone but his ass is still sitting on the bench. I'm pretty sure I know who that "source" was when the Dallas media was giving Fin all the bad press.

I'm glad Finley got the best of Stackhouse last night. He was focused and wanting the win while Stack can only whine about the refs afterwards.

pache100
03-03-2006, 11:32 AM
stop being a fucking homer. I'm just having some fun after a good win. calm down, you'll live longer.

That's called baiting. You think I don't know what you're doing? But some reading here might not know and think he really bite Stackhouse based on your posts. Has nothing to do with being a fucking homer. You keep saying shit like that and I'll keep calling you on it. I'm calm.

infinite styles
IMO Bavetta is the ref you would want as a road team. Yes he craves attention and he gets the most attention by calling against the home team. He is one of the worst in the NBA because of this. But Stackhouse didn't just call him a bad ref he actually blamed him for losing the game and that is what is unacceptable. Dallas played very physical in the first half but let off in the second and that has as much to do with them losing as anything else.

samikeyp
^^^ good take.

Oh, Gee!!
03-03-2006, 11:34 AM
That's called baiting. You think I don't know what you're doing? But some reading here might not know and think he really bite Stackhouse based on your posts. I'm calm.

dude, there's a whole other thread devoted to the "alleged" biting incident. Apparently, I'm not the only Spurs fan that thinks Rob bit, or at least attempted to bite Stack.

Grow up, baby.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35861

pache100
03-03-2006, 11:36 AM
dude, there's a whole other thread devoted to the "alleged" biting incident. Apparently, I'm not the only Spurs fan that thinks Rob bit, or at least attempted to bite Stack.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35861

You're not the only one that's not paying attention, then.

Get over yourself.

Oh, Gee!!
03-03-2006, 11:37 AM
You're not the only one that's not paying attention, then.

get over it.

Warlord23
03-03-2006, 11:38 AM
Bavetta is the worst ref I've ever seen in any sport, and that includes fake pro wrestling. The POS tries to play god and influence games. When he's around you can be sure that he'll cook up calls to keep the game close or to favor the home team. I have no probs with Stack calling out Bavetta, and I like how Rob shouted the old geezer down.

The annoying part about that article is Mark Cuban whining about a "bite" that didn't really happen. Horry might have gotten pissed and thought about biting Stack's arm, but he didn't do it in the end, and Cuban andStack know that. But the bitch is going to go and piss and moan to the league anyway. If Rob is suspended because of that brokeback owner's whining, it'll be a goddamn travesty.

spur219
03-03-2006, 11:40 AM
Stackhouse is an idiot whiny little bitch. Just play the game.

Mixability
03-03-2006, 12:14 PM
This is why I hate to hear Spurs fans bitch about the refs. Read what Stckhouse and Cuban are saying and see how pathetic they look. That's how pathetic we look when we constantly cry about officiating.

:tu :tu :tu :tu :tu :tu :tu

that's why I hate when people blame 0.4 on the officials.

leemajors
03-03-2006, 12:16 PM
Bad blood there for sure. Stackhouse is the only guy I've seen talk shit about Finley when he was cut by the Mavs. You could just tell Stack was glad that Fin was gone. He probably thought he'd get the starting spot with Fin gone but his ass is still sitting on the bench. I'm pretty sure I know who that "source" was when the Dallas media was giving Fin all the bad press.

I'm glad Finley got the best of Stackhouse last night. He was focused and wanting the win while Stack can only whine about the refs afterwards.

ahh ok i didn't know that. the fadeaway finley hit with stack all over him was awesome. when he shot it, i groaned, i thought for sure it would miss but he drained it!

PM5K
03-03-2006, 12:39 PM
Stackhouse started the whole thing, on the defensive end he pushed Horry, who had position, to get the rebound, then on the offensive end Horry returned the favor after Stackhouse passed the ball, up to this point though I didn't think either was a big deal, Stackhouse took it to another level and pushed Horry hard and got tangled up with him.

Horry did put his mouth on Stackhouse but did not bite....

Turnovers killed the Mavs, not Bavetta, who had six to seven in the second quarter alone...

Supergirl
03-03-2006, 12:40 PM
This is funny because if I recall there was plenty of bad officiating going the Mavs way last night, too. Had they won - and good teams find ways to win regardless of the officials - they wouldn't be complaining.

PM5K
03-03-2006, 12:43 PM
This is funny because if I recall there was plenty of bad officiating going the Mavs way last night, too. Had they won - and good teams find ways to win regardless of the officials - they wouldn't be complaining.

I don't know that I'd go so far as to say "bad" but they did miss some calls that went the Mavs way, all in all the game was pretty typical...

Vingianx
03-03-2006, 12:47 PM
Mark Cuban Is The Reason I Hate The Mavericks... Bitch Bitch Bitch About Refereeing ...stack House Is Bitches

Peter
03-03-2006, 12:47 PM
If I'm running the Mavs, I'm wondering if I can pick up Pierce this summer without giving up Terry or Dirk.

MoSpur
03-03-2006, 12:52 PM
If I'm running the Mavs, I'm wondering if I can pick up Pierce this summer without giving up Terry or Dirk.

Why would you want another scorer on this team? They need someone who can post up and play some D.

Duncanfan
03-03-2006, 01:03 PM
Why would you want another scorer on this team? They need someone who can post up and play some D.

You MoSpur are a very smart man ;)

About Stackhouse, frustration did get the best of him. Can't blame him though because Bavetta DOES SUCK as a ref. He does have a tendency to make up calls. If it goes your way ( which it did for the Spurs ) well and good. The Mavs we're just on the losing end because of his mediocrity though.

smdanss
03-03-2006, 01:04 PM
Finding some strange way to release a player's upset during their loss like Stakehouse is not unusual in games.

But if a conventional fan acting like Mark Cuban in the front row, he might already be ejected by the security and even by police. :elephant

ObiwanGinobili
03-03-2006, 01:06 PM
http://www.uab.edu/images/imedpub/Kleenex.jpg

Horry For 3!
03-03-2006, 01:12 PM
Jerry Stackhouse is pathetic, so is Mark Cuban but everyone already knows that.

I am ashamed that he is a former Tar Heel. You are a disgrace Stackhouse!

Also, Horry never bit Stackhouse but almost did. Umm Cuban, how tha fuck did you see it if you weren't on the court and Stackhouse couldn't confirm it which he had no bite marks??? :wtf IDIOT

newbiefan
03-03-2006, 01:20 PM
Well apparently Woody Paige agrees with him and feels the same way. And his (Woody's) view on Bowen's D on Nowitzki is that it was non existant due to the fact that he scored 23. Anyways Stacks a punk and Woody is now the new Dallas Paige[I]
at least 6 or 7 of those were while ginobili was "defending" dirk

PM5K
03-03-2006, 01:26 PM
Actually Manu fouled Dirk for two free throws, and then fouled him on a shot he made for two points and an additional free throw, five points total, and Tony fouled him on a three point shot, three more free throws, eight points total when he was guarded by those two, that brings him down to what, fifteen on Bowen....

leemajors
03-03-2006, 01:37 PM
stackhouse seemed way too intent on playing 1v1 vs. finley than helping his team win...

MoSpur
03-03-2006, 01:37 PM
To say that Bowen's defense was not a factor is plain stupid. Dirk did score 23 points. 10 of those were because of free throws. That means Dirk only scored 13 on shots actually made.

50 cent
03-03-2006, 02:55 PM
Salvatore is 30x worse than Dick the Knick.

infinite styles
03-03-2006, 03:04 PM
Horry could take a page out of Melo's book and tell Cuban to "Stop Snitching"

PM5K
03-03-2006, 03:17 PM
Dallas had eighteen points scored on them off turnovers, San Antonio had four.

[/THREAD]

samikeyp
03-03-2006, 03:29 PM
Bennett Salvatore is worse then Bavetta.

Amen.

Still...with the shit Bavetta has done in Spurs games...I got no sympathy for Stack.

Kori Ellis
03-03-2006, 03:32 PM
Speaking of crying, I was hoping that Cuban would have an entry in his blog today, but he doesn't. Sad.

infinite styles
03-03-2006, 03:37 PM
Speaking of crying, I was hoping that Cuban would have an entry in his blog today, but he doesn't. Sad.

I thought for sure that that was going to be the first thing he did when he got back.
:depressed

leemajors
03-03-2006, 03:52 PM
you'd think maybe stack would realize spurs only had one turnover in the second half, and that may have been a factor in the score.

Peter
03-03-2006, 03:59 PM

Because there's only one Bruce Bowen and because Pierce could possibly be acquired without giving up Dirk or Terry. How many legit low post threats are there in the NBA today? TD, Shaq and JO are about it.

mavsfan1000
03-03-2006, 04:00 PM
stackhouse seemed way too intent on playing 1v1 vs. finley than helping his team win...
Agreed. Stackhouse is all about himself and wanting to take a challenge of trying to show Finley rather than passing the ball to the player having the best matchup.

PM5K
03-03-2006, 04:00 PM
Damnit, I said [/THREAD]

mavsfan1000
03-03-2006, 04:02 PM
Fuck Stackhouse. I am sick of all of Stackhouse's selfish 1 on 1 shit. Obviously when Stackhouse is in the game it is all about him rather than the team.

MoSpur
03-03-2006, 04:11 PM
Because there's only one Bruce Bowen and because Pierce could possibly be acquired without giving up Dirk or Terry. How many legit low post threats are there in the NBA today? TD, Shaq and JO are about it.

So more offense to defeat the other team's defense? Ok. I would much rather get another role player who can play some defense to keep the opposing team's PG from getting into the paint.

Peter
03-03-2006, 04:13 PM
So more offense to defeat the other team's defense? Ok. I would much rather get another role player who can play some defense to keep the opposing team's PG from getting into the paint.

The Spurs shut down Dirk and were able to play team D to keep Terry out of the lane for a good portion of the 4th frame. Barring the Mavs being able to pick up a JO, Pierce wouldn't be a bad fit. Throw the ball to Dirk, he gets hounded by Bowen. A quick reversal to the weak side with Pierce there wouldn't be a bad improvement.

MoSpur
03-03-2006, 04:37 PM
The Spurs shut down Dirk and were able to play team D to keep Terry out of the lane for a good portion of the 4th frame. Barring the Mavs being able to pick up a JO, Pierce wouldn't be a bad fit. Throw the ball to Dirk, he gets hounded by Bowen. A quick reversal to the weak side with Pierce there wouldn't be a bad improvement.

Well, I just think that if you get Pierce you have another perimeter player. Dirk is not going to post anyone up. He plays on the perimeter and so does Pierce. Why would you want that? They need someone that is physical and is going to play inside. Good luck finding that though.

Obstructed_View
03-03-2006, 04:40 PM
Actually Manu fouled Dirk for two free throws, and then fouled him on a shot he made for two points and an additional free throw, five points total, and Tony fouled him on a three point shot, three more free throws, eight points total when he was guarded by those two, that brings him down to what, fifteen on Bowen....
Dirk shot a three over Parker with about 90 seconds to go.

hussker
03-03-2006, 05:44 PM
This whole thing just goes to show that EVERY Steakhouse should have WHINE!!!

valluco
03-03-2006, 05:53 PM
This whole thing just goes to show that EVERY Steakhouse should have WHINE!!!
:lol you corny motherf*#!er.

DannyT
03-03-2006, 06:07 PM
and his bitch ass uses his lil poistion to benifit his team, a big fuckin tat-a-tell
grow the fuck up kid....
THATS WHY THESE BOYS WILL NEVER WIN CHAAPIONSHIPS.......
fuck dallas and their mavbabies!!!!

Kori Ellis
03-03-2006, 06:09 PM
I don't know what the purpose is for players to cuss out refs like this in the media. If they do, it's an automatic fine. So why not just go through the proper channels to complain.

DMFFL341
03-03-2006, 06:11 PM
Two things I wanna know is why Bavetta couldn't back his ass up and stand up for himself and for everyone who thinks that Horry shouldn't be suspended also encourages biting in fights. That's pretty weak.

valluco
03-03-2006, 06:14 PM
:baby It wasn't a fight to begin with and Horry really didn't bite him. Shut up already.

DMFFL341
03-03-2006, 06:23 PM
:baby It wasn't a fight to begin with and Horry really didn't bite him. Shut up already.

It was a fight to begin with. Stack would've punched him in the face had 2 players not been between the 2 and Horry was obviously biting him to a) piss him off b) hurt him or c) to try and untangle the two although I don't know that would've helped the process.

kskonn
03-03-2006, 06:26 PM
Two things I wanna know is why Bavetta couldn't back his ass up and stand up for himself and for everyone who thinks that Horry shouldn't be suspended also encourages biting in fights. That's pretty weak.

Because he probably realized that stack was being imature and wasn't going to risk getting in trouble with his boss over an argument that did not mean much to anybody.

hell even Dick is more professional than stack....

DMFFL341
03-03-2006, 06:28 PM
Because he probably realized that stack was being imature and wasn't going to risk getting in trouble with his boss over an argument that did not mean much to anybody.

hell even Dick is more professional than stack....

He won't get in trouble for backing himself up.

Winnipeg_Spur
03-03-2006, 06:29 PM
If Stack was seriously bitten, why didn't he mention it in the postgame interviews?

DMFFL341
03-03-2006, 06:31 PM
If Stack was seriously bitten, why didn't he mention it in the postgame interviews?

There was probably quite a few things going through his head at the time and didn't get all off his chest that he wanted to. He was probably more frustrated with Bavetta and that's all he wanted to vent on at the time.

leemajors
03-03-2006, 06:33 PM
if horry gets suspended, then stackhouse should be too for not dropping the fight. this is not a one side blame situation.

Winnipeg_Spur
03-03-2006, 06:34 PM
Yeah, well make sure Cuban gets some photos of the horrible bite marks to go along with the video he'll be sending into the league. Maybe he can get Rob some more rest before the playoffs.

kskonn
03-03-2006, 06:35 PM
He won't get in trouble for backing himself up.

I agree, But he will defend himself in the proper environment. A heated argument in the arena immediatelly following a game is not the place to do tha.

DMFFL341
03-03-2006, 06:35 PM
if horry gets suspended, then stackhouse should be too for not dropping the fight. this is not a one side blame situation.

It didn't look like Stack tryed to do anything, no punches thrown, they simply got tangled up and Horry attempted to bite him.

DMFFL341
03-03-2006, 06:37 PM
I agree, But he will defend himself in the proper environment. A heated argument in the arena immediatelly following a game is not the place to do tha.

He had no comment 2 hours after the game was over on a plane flight. He was sitting next to a Mavs reporter and the Mavs reporter asked him about it and he had no comment. It certainly was a proper environment.

ChumpDumper
03-03-2006, 06:39 PM
It didn't look like Stack tryed to do anythingGive it up. He grabbed the back of Horry's neck and wouldn't let go.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b54/Jose_TheGenius/0303spurs20_finley_bms.jpg

valluco
03-03-2006, 06:41 PM
Stack is a turd. He let frustration get the best of him and acted like a complete fool. Rob was just being a clown. And it wasn't a fight. A fight is when two or more people throw punches, kick etc. Stop bitching already, the Mavs lost. Live with it and STFU. There will be another game in April.

Hook Dem
03-03-2006, 06:42 PM
He had no comment 2 hours after the game was over on a plane flight. He was sitting next to a Mavs reporter and the Mavs reporter asked him about it and he had no comment. It certainly was a proper environment.
Much to do about nothing!!!!!!! :rolleyes

DMFFL341
03-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Give it up. He grabbed the back of Horry's neck and wouldn't let go.

Lol that's called an entanglement, it happens nearly every game and they got locked up. It's not that he wouldn't let go they were just tangled up.

leemajors
03-03-2006, 06:44 PM
he would not let go. did you even watch this part of the game? players were trying to separate them, horry had let go long ago, and stack held on for 15-20 seconds at least. you are so wrong it's not even funny.

ChumpDumper
03-03-2006, 06:44 PM
It's not that he wouldn't let go they were just tangled up.It's EXACLTY that he wouldn't let go, idiot.

FromWayDowntown
03-03-2006, 06:45 PM

Obviously, Horry grabbed Stackhouse's arm and placed it behind his own head in the seconds that lead up to this picture being taken. Stackhouse is a class act; there's no way he would have grabbed the back of Horry's neck as a sign of frustration, knowing that his team had just lost the most important game of its season to this point.

FromWayDowntown
03-03-2006, 06:46 PM
Lol that's called an entanglement, it happens nearly every game and they got locked up. It's not that he wouldn't let go they were just tangled up.

Which explains why Stackhouse is also in the process of lifting Horry's jersey over his head. Entanglement my ass. Stackhouse was pissed that his team was beaten and tried to start something in frustration.

kskonn
03-03-2006, 06:47 PM

No a direct comment from the ref to a reporter is not the proper enviroment. Through a leauge spokesperson would be the proper environment, which I am sure is also leauge policy.

Besides he probably felt it did not warrant a response. He obviously thought he did the right thing just like you thing he was wrong, that is how it is.

valluco
03-03-2006, 06:48 PM
Are Pandaemonaeon, Mouse and Adrienne the only classy Mav's fans on this board that don't bitch and whine and make excuses?

mavsfan1000
03-03-2006, 07:02 PM
Are Pandaemonaeon, Mouse and Adrienne the only classy Mav's fans on this board that don't bitch and whine and make excuses?
Well when spurs fans think they won the championship on one freaking game than I got a reason to bitch.

valluco
03-03-2006, 07:05 PM
I don't think that we won the championship after one game, pendejo. And when my team loses, do you find any of my posts on this board blaming the officials, injuries, etc.? You are an idiot.

FromWayDowntown
03-03-2006, 07:06 PM
Well when spurs fans think they won the championship on one freaking game than I got a reason to bitch.

I don't think anyone around here thinks the Spurs won the championship last night. We've been through the real deal enough times to understand the difference.

If it weren't for Mavs fans coming in to make excuses and stir the pot, the conversations around here would likely be pretty much the same as any other day after a game.

Obstructed_View
03-03-2006, 07:07 PM
Spurs fans know the difference between a regular season game and a championship.

kskonn
03-03-2006, 07:08 PM
I don't think anyone around here thinks the Spurs won the championship last night. We've been through the real deal enough times to understand the difference.

If it weren't for Mavs fans coming in to make excuses and stir the pot, the conversations around here would likely be pretty much the same as any other day after a game.

that is a fact.

valluco
03-03-2006, 07:09 PM
:tu
Spurs fans know the difference between a regular season game and a championship. amen.

DMFFL341
03-03-2006, 07:12 PM
Oh yea speaking of Horry getting suspended. Why didn't Horry get ejected after he grabbed Bavetta? He just got suspended 2 games for it. I think this just how Bavetta reffed parts of the game. Grabbing the ref with the force that he did he should've been thrown out immediately.

hussker
03-03-2006, 07:14 PM
Oh yea speaking of Horry getting suspended. Why didn't Horry get ejected after he grabbed Bavetta?

Maybe KNICK liked it...

ChumpDumper
03-03-2006, 07:17 PM
rabbing the ref with the force that he did he should've been thrown out immediately.Show me the rule, I might believe you.

mavsfan1000
03-03-2006, 07:21 PM
I don't think that we won the championship after one game, pendejo. And when my team loses, do you find any of my posts on this board blaming the officials, injuries, etc.? You are an idiot.
hey all those things happened and last I saw everyone on the spurs team played no matter if they were 100% or not. Duncan still made big plays in the 4th quarter and had a double double. You are the idiot here.

valluco
03-03-2006, 07:23 PM
:blah :jack
hey all those things happened and last I saw everyone on the spurs team played no matter if they were 100% or not. Duncan still made big plays in the 4th quarter and had a double double. You are the idiot here.

Obstructed_View
03-03-2006, 07:23 PM
Oh yea speaking of Horry getting suspended. Why didn't Horry get ejected after he grabbed Bavetta? He just got suspended 2 games for it. I think this just how Bavetta reffed parts of the game. Grabbing the ref with the force that he did he should've been thrown out immediately.
Why does it matter? It wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game. They called a technical on him. He clearly didn't deserve a technical for defending himself when Stackhouse came after him, so the tech could have been for the contact.

ChumpDumper
03-03-2006, 07:25 PM
hey all those things happened and last I saw everyone on the spurs team played no matter if they were 100% or not. Duncan still made big plays in the 4th quarter and had a double double. You are the idiot here.Since when is 15 and 6 a double-double?

Obstructed_View
03-03-2006, 07:25 PM
Since when is 15 and 6 a double-double?
When Dirk does it.

valluco
03-03-2006, 07:27 PM
Told you, dude's an idiot.

mavsfan1000
03-03-2006, 07:31 PM
Someone told me Duncan had a 13 and 10 game. Oh well.

valluco
03-03-2006, 07:32 PM
Hah.

infinite styles
03-03-2006, 07:41 PM
It didn't look like Stack tryed to do anything, no punches thrown, they simply got tangled up and Horry attempted to bite him.

Go watch the replay before the shot and you'll see that as soon as the ball went in the air Stack went straight after Horry. Elbows and forearms raised. So don't give me the whole they just got tangled up BS.

Obstructed_View
03-03-2006, 07:45 PM
Go watch the replay before the shot and you'll see that as soon as the ball went in the air Stack went straight after Horry. Elbows and forearms raised. So don't give me the whole they just got tangled up BS.
Yeah, that's completely wrong. Stackhouse elbowed Horry at the other end just before that. Mavs fans have a habit of not seeing what happened just before an incident.

Tek_XX
03-03-2006, 10:45 PM
IMO Bavetta is the ref you would want as a road team. Yes he craves attention and he gets the most attention by calling against the home team. He is one of the worst in the NBA because of this. But Stackhouse didn't just call him a bad ref he actually blamed him for losing the game and that is what is unacceptable. Dallas played very physical in the first half but let off in the second and that has as much to do with them losing as anything else.

Actually Bavetta has somewhat of a reputation as a ref you want at home, likes to play to the crowd.

samikeyp
03-04-2006, 12:47 AM

Which fans? Proof? or another ignorant blanket statement.