PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Twins

Nbadan
03-03-2006, 05:02 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v424/cat_girl25/49049497grs_horder_5.jpg
The Lord works in mysterious ways

AMAZING TWINS (Not Political, but to cute to pass up)

Aren't the cute, they do look alike just different colors. A mixed-race British mom gave birth to twins recently - one of each. No, not a boy and a girl. Two girls - one black, the other white. The odds of such a birth are about a million to one, experts said. "It was a shock when I realized that my twins were two different colors," Kylie Hodgson, 19, told London's Daily Mail. "But it doesn't matter to us - they are just our two gorgeous little girls." Hodgson and her partner, Remi Horder, 17, were both born to mixed-race parents.

Little Kian and Remee share a love of apples and the Teletubbies, their proud mom says. Fertility experts speculate that a sperm containing all-white genes fused with an egg with all-white genes, and a sperm with all-black genes fused with an all-black gene egg to produce the fraternal twins.

Oh, Gee!!
03-03-2006, 05:46 PM
the white one is cuter.

Oh, Gee!!
03-03-2006, 05:46 PM
just kidding

ChumpDumper
03-03-2006, 05:58 PM
In 19 years they will be in a in an "Ebony and Ivory" Playboy shoot.

Book it.

jochhejaam
03-03-2006, 06:07 PM
And the question of the year is, one we were asked countless times even though ours were a boy and a girl, are they identical? :lol
Cute story, photo and great photoshop work.

Nbadan
03-03-2006, 06:10 PM
What photoshop work?

Winnipeg_Spur
03-03-2006, 06:11 PM
And the question of the year is, one we were asked countless times even though ours were a boy and a girl, are they identical? :lol

Oh man, as a fraternal twin myself I completely understand. I've had to explain the concept to so many people who don't understand why we don't look alike.

jochhejaam
03-03-2006, 06:26 PM
What photoshop work?
You didn't provide a link and with the advancement in photoshop tech. I figured it was photoshopped.
Snopes says it's true. (sorry dan :) )

Mixed Twins

Claim: Photographs show black and white fraternal twin girls.

Example: [Collected via e-mail, 2006]

<snip>

Hodgson and her partner, Remi Horder, 17, were both born to mixed-race parents. Little Kian and Remee share a love of apples and the Teletubbies, their proud mom says. Fertility experts speculate that a sperm containing all-white genes fused with an egg with all-white genes, and a sperm with all-black genes fused with an all-black gene egg to produce the fraternal twins.

Origins: The
photographs and story excerpted above appeared in a variety of UK newspapers in February 2006. As described, in April 2005 Kylie Hodgson gave birth by caesarean section to fraternal twin girls, one black and one white. Kylie and her partner, Remi Horder, are of mixed race themselves, both having been born to white mothers and black fathers. Their twin girls — Kian and Remee — were both born with blue eyes, with Remee having blonde hair and Kian having black hair and somewhat darker skin than her sister. Since then, Remee's skin tone has become lighter, while Kian's has become darker and her eyes have turned brown.

Geneticists opined that the odds of such a coupling's producing mixed-race fraternal twins were about a million to one:
Skin colour is believed to be determined by up to seven different genes working together.

If a woman is of mixed race, her eggs will usually contain a mixture of genes coding for both black and white skin.

Similarly, a man of mixed race will have a variety of different genes in his sperm. When these eggs and sperm come together, they will create a baby of mixed race.

But, very occasionally, the egg or sperm might contain genes coding for one skin colour. If both the egg and sperm contain all white genes, the baby will be white. And if both contain just the versions necessary for black skin, the baby will be black.

For a mixed-race couple, the odds of either of these scenarios is around 100 to one. But both scenarios can occur at the same time if the woman conceives non-identical twins, another 100 to one chance.

This involves two eggs being fertilised by two sperm at the same time, which also has odds of around 100 to one.

If a sperm containing all-white genes fuses with a similar egg and a sperm coding for purely black skin fuses with a similar egg, two babies of dramatically different colours will be born.

The odds of this happening are 100 x 100 x 100 — a million to one.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/people/mixedtwins.asp (more pics)

Kori Ellis
03-03-2006, 07:42 PM
That's pretty sweet. They are really cute.

:wow @ the 17-year-old father

mookie2001
03-03-2006, 07:43 PM
my dad and I have a bigger difference in skin tone than that

kris
03-03-2006, 08:21 PM

Don't be jealous, mookie.

Boris
03-04-2006, 06:53 AM

What about your real dad?