PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker in Gilmore Girls

helwardman
03-03-2006, 06:13 PM
Ok, so I'm in England and we only just got Gilmore Girls on tv here so I realise that I'm probably 5 years behind all you American types, BUT, is it just me or is that Tony Parker behind the desk at The Independance Inn? :lol

Cue lots of mickey-taking and general amounts of back-chat. I will be strong.

Kori Ellis
03-03-2006, 06:17 PM
I'm just astonished that anyone would watch Gilmore Girls.

ObiwanGinobili
03-03-2006, 06:28 PM
I've never seenthat show.
What is it about?

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-03-2006, 06:30 PM
Artis?

adrienne
03-03-2006, 06:43 PM
I've seen it before...about 5 minutes of it...and I'm pretty sure it's about nothing. And not in the Seinfeld, genius sort of way....in the "it's actually about NOTHING" way.

ObiwanGinobili
03-03-2006, 06:49 PM
I've seen it before...about 5 minutes of it...and I'm pretty sure it's about nothing. And not in the Seinfeld, genius sort of way....in the "it's actually about NOTHING" way.

ohhh.
is it still o ni nthe US? Do you know whta station it comes on .. maybe I recognize it. (i bet i could find thins info from google.. but I'm taking part in a post off at my mommies board and I can only multi-task so much)

helwardman
03-03-2006, 06:56 PM
It's only about nothing in the same way that EVERY OTHER tv show is about nothing. I'm sure that all of you have your guilty secrets.

helwardman
03-03-2006, 06:57 PM
I've never seenthat show.
What is it about?

It's about 40 minutes an episode :lol

clooneyschick04
03-03-2006, 07:10 PM
It's a clever show. I like it.

TOP-CHERRY
03-03-2006, 07:14 PM
http://www.nobodys_wife.party.lu/images/homepage/nobodys_wife/extra_box/p8a2ru1vq6.jpg

ObiwanGinobili
03-03-2006, 07:41 PM
http://www.nobodys_wife.party.lu/images/homepage/nobodys_wife/extra_box/p8a2ru1vq6.jpg

not tony parker. :lol
kinda close I guess tho.

1Parker1
03-03-2006, 10:19 PM

Hey! I happen to watch Gilmore Girls!!!!!! It's a surprisingly clever show. And we all have our little "guilty pleasure TV shows"...(**ahem Mrs. Days of Our Lives addict :lol)

Actually, that guy is named Michele on the show...and he is also French, but speaks with a much thicker French accent. Oh and Tony Parker is much cuter...:)

Jekka
03-04-2006, 12:59 AM
Well Tony does like wine apparently like a good French man. I went to Central Market tonight to find a new wine to try and ended up with The Footbolt 2003 by d'Arenberg (an Australian Shiraz). I ended up talking to the wine chick for a while after deciding on the wine, and she mentioned that the wine I got was one of the bottles that Tony Parker's shopper or whatever said that he really really liked. Apparently, someone that works for him came in a while ago and asked for a bunch of recommendations under $30 and they reported back that this one was his favorite of the set. Just thought I'd share for any of the Tony fanatics out there who care.

CharlieMac
03-04-2006, 01:04 AM
Bad Santa is Graham's finest work.

midgetonadonkey
03-04-2006, 01:05 AM
I'm guilty of watching the Glmore Girls. My girlfriend loves the show and has been watching it since the first episode. I started watching it because she would watch it and now I seem to enjoy it. It's a decent show, a bit girly for my tastes, but it's entertaining and well written.

ObiwanGinobili
03-04-2006, 08:06 AM
Well Tony does like wine apparently like a good French man. I went to Central Market tonight to find a new wine to try and ended up with The Footbolt 2003 by d'Arenberg (an Australian Shiraz). I ended up talking to the wine chick for a while after deciding on the wine, and she mentioned that the wine I got was one of the bottles that Tony Parker's shopper or whatever said that he really really liked. Apparently, someone that works for him came in a while ago and asked for a bunch of recommendations under $30 and they reported back that this one was his favorite of the set. Just thought I'd share for any of the Tony fanatics out there who care.

Most of the best wine's I've ever had were under $30 and alot of the worst wines I've ever had were over $60.
And I'm always pleasently surprised at the yummynes of australian wine, but I've yet to try that one. thanks for the info :tu it's now on my list.

hicksi
03-04-2006, 08:21 AM
Most of the best wine's I've ever had were under $30 and alot of the worst wines I've ever had were over $60.
And I'm always pleasently surprised at the yummynes of australian wine, but I've yet to try that one. thanks for the info :tu it's now on my list.
You will find a lot of good Aussie whine on US shows.

Oh, you mean the bottled variety!
Our market is too small for the amount of wine produced. They hit the European market, and pissed off the French (as good as, and half their price).

They have now started to target the US market, ,with much the same results. The wine is GOOD.

Mind you, so are many of our beers, but stay away from Fosters.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-04-2006, 08:24 AM
Hey! I happen to watch Gilmore Girls!!!!!! It's a surprisingly clever show. And we all have our little "guilty pleasure TV shows"...(**ahem Mrs. Days of Our Lives addict :lol)

Actually, that guy is named Michele on the show...and he is also French, but speaks with a much thicker French accent. Oh and Tony Parker is much cuter...:)
Kori watches "Days of our Lives"? How can ANYONE watch that crap?

hicksi
03-04-2006, 08:25 AM
It's fast-scripted.
So you South-Western-types will probably only catch every second word.
:lol

Brodels
03-04-2006, 08:57 AM
I think the concept is clever and it was interesting when it was fresh, but since it has been around a while, the banter sometimes gets old.

Alexis Bledel is a hottie though. Not in the classic sense, but in that girl-next-door-I'd-like-to-fuck sense.

Mr Furley
03-04-2006, 02:18 PM

:lmao