PDA

View Full Version : Get Ready Pistons

Derek Fisher V0.4
03-04-2006, 01:12 AM
you have to face my team now. you beat us last time at your place but its a different environment at ours. im sure the fans will be into it.this will be a great game... can wait till see. i hope lakers win with kobe at aleast 50 points. So piston fans get ready for an ass whooping coming from the kobe and the lakers :king

Sense
03-04-2006, 01:14 AM
you have to face my team now. you beat us last time at your place but its a different environment at ours. im sure the fans will be into it.this will be a great game... can wait till see. i hope lakers win with kobe at aleast 50 points. So piston fans get ready for an ass whooping coming from the kobe and the lakers :king

I'm sorry but this post is just pathetically funny.

cheguevara
03-04-2006, 01:14 AM
So piston fans get ready for an ass whooping coming from the kobe and the lakers :king

:lmao I ain't no Piston fan but that shit is comical

SlasherX
03-04-2006, 01:19 AM
Will be hard and close game but pistons will end up with a win.

today was 7th game in 10 das. and 8th in 11 vs lakers.

bdubya
03-04-2006, 01:33 AM
you have to face my team now. you beat us last time at your place but its a different environment at ours.

Yep. Winning at the Palace is cool, but it's definitely a lot more fun to deal out a smackdown at the Staples center. :eyebrows

Leetonidas
03-04-2006, 01:49 AM
Didn't I just see you in another thread claiming to be a Spurs fan?

Derek Fisher plays with Golden State now dude.

Derek Fisher V0.4
03-04-2006, 01:53 AM
Didn't I just see you in another thread claiming to be a Spurs fan?

Derek Fisher plays with Golden State now dude.

im both a lakers fan and a spurs fan and oh yeah and i still like d-fish as a player even though hes not with the lakers. its just like i like shaq as a player even though hes not with the lakers

emo serb
03-04-2006, 10:45 AM
Funny thing is, there will probly be more Pistons fans there tonight than Laker fans. And Pistons fans are much louder than Laker fans. Enjoy.

bdubya
03-04-2006, 12:21 PM
Funny thing is, there will probly be more Pistons fans there tonight than Laker fans. And Pistons fans are much louder than Laker fans. Enjoy.

Most road games these days, when the Pistons force a turnover, you can hear the crowd in the background - "DEEEtroit BASKETBAAALLLL!!" I love it

TDMVPDPOY
03-04-2006, 01:33 PM
WHY are faker fans braggin when they should know this is an automatic L :D

himat
03-04-2006, 06:11 PM
im both a lakers fan and a spurs fan and oh yeah and i still like d-fish as a player even though hes not with the lakers. its just like i like shaq as a player even though hes not with the lakers

that can't be possible. how do you pull that off?

hussker
03-04-2006, 07:14 PM

Folks, I submit to you that ANYONE who comes behind enemy lines to start a thread and put things of this nature in it is having problems. Maybe other laker fans don't talk to him/her, maybe androgeny, perhaps, and more likely, hallucinogens of some sort.

TO DF V0.4: WE BESEECH YOU! PUT DOWN THE PIPE!

It's INTERVENTION TIME SPURS FANS!!!!! Let's show the love!

Marklar MM
03-04-2006, 07:16 PM
Folks, I submit to you that ANYONE who comes behind enemy lines to start a thread and put things of this nature in it is having problems. Maybe other laker fans don't talk to him/her, maybe androgeny, perhaps, and more likely, hallucinogens of some sort.

More like "Pass that pipe over here."

spurs=bling
03-04-2006, 07:17 PM

^ Do we have to?^

hussker
03-04-2006, 07:20 PM
^ Do we have to?^

Sorry, it is weak sarcasm at best.

spurs=bling
03-04-2006, 07:23 PM
Sorry, it is weak sarcasm at best.

i'll be more than happy to show this kind of love.............

http://bestsmileys.com/kick/2.gif

FreshPrince22
03-04-2006, 07:33 PM
It's gonna be an ugly game. That's for sure. Both teams schedules have been pretty brutal lately.

hussker
03-04-2006, 07:39 PM

TOUGH LOVE HUH???

spurs=bling
03-04-2006, 07:45 PM
TOUGH LOVE HUH???

i think this kinda love is better

http://bestsmileys.com/shooting1/19.gif

j/k :lol

ALVAREZ6
03-04-2006, 08:13 PM

or maybe even this kind:

http://clicksmilies.com/s0105/waffen/violent-smiley-014.gif

http://clicksmilies.com/s0105/waffen/violent-smiley-001.gif

http://clicksmilies.com/s0105/waffen/violent-smiley-012.gif

http://clicksmilies.com/s0105/waffen/violent-smiley-016.gif

http://clicksmilies.com/s0105/waffen/violent-smiley-026.gif

hussker
03-04-2006, 08:41 PM
You young fucks are all SICK! (But I still luv ya!)

spurs=bling
03-04-2006, 08:55 PM
You young fucks are all SICK! (But I still luv ya!)
:lol
AWW, thank you :angel

spurs=bling
03-04-2006, 08:56 PM
i like the fisrt one Alvarez

1Parker1
03-04-2006, 08:56 PM
Should be a good game tonight, in light of the fact that the Lakers are coming off a sad loss and struggling at .500 and the 8th spot of the playoffs...I expect them to put up a good fight.

Still, it's the Pistons and even though it's a back to back for them, I still think they'll pull out the win.

I hope I'm wrong, Pistons need to lose more so the Spurs can catch up :)

Sense
03-04-2006, 11:47 PM
I wouldn't be proud of bandwagon fans detroit :P

We all know how T Park is...

ABDENOUR POWER
03-05-2006, 12:35 AM
This game is ugly.

ABDENOUR POWER
03-05-2006, 12:59 AM
I think I should stay away from sharp objects for a while. I might hurt myself.

:depressed

FreshPrince22
03-05-2006, 01:07 AM
*slits wrist*

:lol

Horry For 3!
03-05-2006, 01:10 AM
:lmao @ him being right

bdubya
03-05-2006, 01:14 AM
UnFLIPpingbelievable.

All props to the Lakers for taking this one when it was there for the taking.

And notes for
Sheed: If the 3 stops falling ,GET YOUR ASS DOWN LOW WHERE IT BELONGS YOU LUNATIC
and for FLIP: IF your "Power Forward" won't step within ten feet of the rim...SLAP HIM!!!

:pctoss

spurs=bling
03-05-2006, 01:15 AM
WHAT IS THIS??? the pistons lost a game????

Brutalis
03-05-2006, 01:17 AM
:lmao

The Lakers.

spurs=bling
03-05-2006, 01:20 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/lol/18.gif

me when i saw that the pistons lost to the lakers

hussker
03-05-2006, 01:22 AM
HAHAHA! Now all the Laker fans are in the SAS forum boosing Kobe for MVP...

I pissed a few off, but oh welll...I have my own meaning for MVP when it comes to Kobe...check it out in the thread

Marklar MM
03-05-2006, 01:23 AM
Oh well. I wasn't expecting to win anyway. The amount of games they played lately and the last game on a west coast trip. Now we get however many days off. And a note to Flip and Sheed:

"SHEED: Stop shooting three pointers every time you touch the ball outside the arc."
"FLIP: Make Sheed stop shooting threes every time he touches the ball outside the arc...bitch slap him or something."

hussker
03-05-2006, 01:24 AM
Oh well. I wasn't expecting to win anyway. The amount of games they played lately and the last game on a west coast trip. Now we get however many days off. And a note to Flip and Sheed:

"SHEED: Stop shooting three pointers every time you touch the ball outside the arc."
"FLIP: Make Sheed stop shooting threes every time he touches the ball outside the arc...bitch slap him or something."

HAHAHA! I can tell you watch your team close...you are SOOO right!

Leetonidas
03-05-2006, 01:26 AM
Today has been the best day I've had in awhile. :)

spurs=bling
03-05-2006, 01:27 AM
Today has been the best day I've had in awhile. :)

word balla word

spurs=bling
03-05-2006, 01:28 AM
HAHAHA! Now all the Laker fans are in the SAS forum boosing Kobe for MVP...

I pissed a few off, but oh welll...I have my own meaning for MVP when it comes to Kobe...check it out in the thread

yeah... i like pissing them off too... like i do to my teacher :angel

Leetonidas
03-05-2006, 01:29 AM
word balla word

I take it you've had a good day as well? :spin

Marklar MM
03-05-2006, 01:29 AM
HAHAHA! I can tell you watch your team close...you are SOOO right!

Amazing huh. Tayshaun is playing like a pussy this season, Ben gets fouled at least 20 times a game going for rebounds, Hamilton travels every time he touches the ball and likes to fade away, Billups carries the ball when he dribbles, and Rasheed just sits on the 3 point line looking for a pass to come his way so he can shoot. Werd.

JamStone
03-05-2006, 01:30 AM
The Pistons sucked in the second half. Not a good second half performance at all. Forget the loss, move on, and get ready for Chicago on Tuesday.

hussker
03-05-2006, 01:31 AM
Amazing huh. Tayshaun is playing like a pussy this season, Ben gets fouled at least 20 times a game going for rebounds, Hamilton travels every time he touches the ball and likes to fade away, Billups carries the ball when he dribbles, and Rasheed just sits on the 3 point line looking for a pass to come his way so he can shoot. Werd.

They are becoming predictable. That will kill them, and any team for that matter, in a Best of Seven

spurs=bling
03-05-2006, 01:41 AM
I take it you've had a good day as well? :spin

yes i have.. then i saw the UFC fight even better :elephant

hussker
03-05-2006, 01:46 AM
I did not know there were so many Spurs fans who were Laker Apologists!!!

I am AMAZED!!!

Brutalis
03-05-2006, 01:53 AM
husky you've had one too many!

hussker
03-05-2006, 01:56 AM
husky you've had one too many!

Actually, none at all! I am on call this weekend...no drinky drinky!

Brutalis
03-05-2006, 01:57 AM
OMG who would have known you are a stripper. That's fucking sexy. PM me your information.

hussker
03-05-2006, 01:58 AM
OMG who would have known you are a stripper. That's fucking sexy. PM me your information.

HAHAHA!

Sense
03-05-2006, 02:00 AM
I'm sorry but this post is just pathetically funny.

Do I stand corrected?

Sense
03-05-2006, 02:01 AM

The Lakers.

Don't speak too soon, we face em monday.

Brutalis
03-05-2006, 02:04 AM
True. But the Lakers match up horridly vrs Pistons moreless us and is a shocker either way.

Sense
03-05-2006, 02:05 AM
True. But the Lakers match up horridly vrs Pistons moreless us and is a shocker either way.

It's still better to brag when you beat the lakers by alot.

ABDENOUR POWER
03-05-2006, 09:32 AM
People are calling for Tayshaun's head over at the Piston boards.

ALVAREZ6
03-05-2006, 10:03 AM

Pistons lost

ABDENOUR POWER
03-05-2006, 01:01 PM

Pistons lost

Pistons blow right now.

Joepa
03-05-2006, 01:42 PM
Well, thank you Lakers.

Now, don't get any funny ideas tomorrow night.

T.F. Storm
03-05-2006, 02:31 PM
I KNEW it was bad luck to miss that Lakers game....

rayray2k8
03-05-2006, 02:44 PM
What is going on with the pistons? they've hit a serious slump..
It might have to do with the fact that they might be wearing out a bit.
How much playing time does your starting line-up average per game?

T.F. Storm
03-05-2006, 02:54 PM

I'd have to look up the exacts, but I'm pretty sure they all play between 36 and 37 minutes a game, maybe slightly lower.

yeahone
03-05-2006, 06:31 PM
ohh boy lakers might pull an upset tomorrow night also

bdubya
03-05-2006, 07:33 PM
For the season, Sheed's the low man at 35.8 MPG, Billups has the highest at 36.8. Since the All-Star break, their #s are:
Rip 34.6
C-Bill 38.4
Sheed 35.1
Tayshaun 36.4
Ben 37.5

A little higher than I'd like, but the recent roadbump is, IMHO, more about playing 7 games in ten days (including 3 back-to-backs). Yeah, I would like to have seen more bench through this stretch, but I don't think this is a long-term trend.

bdubya
03-05-2006, 07:42 PM
ohh boy lakers might pull an upset tomorrow night also

....riiiiiiight. I rather doubt it. If there's an upset waiting for the Spurs, I'd look for it on Tuesday from the Clippers.

Obstructed_View
03-05-2006, 09:06 PM
Am I to believe that there are actually people out there that thought the Pistons could keep a 70 win pace through the entire season? They are a very good team, but they ain't nearly that good. Surely the team is smart enough not to panic even if the fans aren't.

Mrs.Szczerbiak
03-05-2006, 09:16 PM
I'm pretty sure we can handel the Lakers... We're rested up, and ready to roll!

bdubya
03-05-2006, 09:18 PM
Am I to believe that there are actually people out there that thought the Pistons could keep a 70 win pace through the entire season?

Absolutely. I don't think there were many Pistons fans who thought so, though...

Obstructed_View
03-05-2006, 09:50 PM
Absolutely. I don't think there were many Pistons fans who thought so, though...
Then why are they calling for Tayshaun's head on the Piston boards? Is it the Sixer fans calling for his head?

bdubya
03-05-2006, 11:35 PM
Then why are they calling for Tayshaun's head on the Piston boards? Is it the Sixer fans calling for his head?

'cause he's in a shooting slump. I've seen people arguing that Tay is the weak link, but haven't seen ANYONE bitching that "He cost us a 70-win season."

Obstructed_View
03-05-2006, 11:40 PM
'cause he's in a shooting slump. I've seen people arguing that Tay is the weak link, but haven't seen ANYONE bitching that "He cost us a 70-win season."
Turning on him at the first glimpse of adversity doesn't say much about the fortitude of the fan base. The panic has to start to set in that after all that work, the Pistons can hear the footsteps.

JamStone
03-06-2006, 12:49 AM

7-3 in their last 10 games is a "serious slump"?

All three of those losses were on the road against playoff contending teams.

Are the standards that high for Detroit? Dallas is 7-3 in their last 10 games as well, and people want to claim that Dallas is playing so much better than Detroit right now.

If 7-3 in their last 10 games is a serious slump, the season must be going pretty well.

Obstructed_View
03-06-2006, 10:20 AM
7-3 in their last 10 games is a "serious slump"?

All three of those losses were on the road against playoff contending teams.

Are the standards that high for Detroit? Dallas is 7-3 in their last 10 games as well, and people want to claim that Dallas is playing so much better than Detroit right now.

If 7-3 in their last 10 games is a serious slump, the season must be going pretty well.
Who are you trying to convince?

JamStone
03-06-2006, 10:40 AM
Since my post was responding to a rayray2k8 quote, your logic should dictate you to believe that would be rayray2k8.

Good question.

bdubya
03-06-2006, 10:52 AM
Turning on him at the first glimpse of adversity doesn't say much about the fortitude of the fan base. The panic has to start to set in that after all that work, the Pistons can hear the footsteps.

You've grabbed AP's offhand remark and are REALLY running with it here. You don't need to clutch at straws like that; your team will almost certainly be there in the finals. Relax, the Spurs are making a surge - they've picked up a half-game over the last month.... :D

Obstructed_View
03-06-2006, 11:51 AM
Yeah, okay. I'm not the one that thinks home court advantage decided the championship.

Phenomanul
03-06-2006, 12:41 PM
....riiiiiiight. I rather doubt it. If there's an upset waiting for the Spurs, I'd look for it on Tuesday from the Clippers.

We will have Horry back from his suspension by then.... he should be fresh.

MoSpur
03-06-2006, 01:04 PM
Where is that Derek Fisher fan who started this post? Big props to that guy for calling this one. All of you who doubted him lookED like fools. I am cracking up over here. This Derek Fisher fan had more guts than a lot of people in here and all of you laughed except for a few. Once again, huge props to this guy who called it.

Joepa
03-06-2006, 01:26 PM
The Pistons have dodged the injury bullet for the entire season. You all think it's likely to continue that way? If it doesn't, do they know how to respond?

JamStone
03-06-2006, 01:40 PM
The Pistons have dodged the injury bullet for the entire season. You all think it's likely to continue that way? If it doesn't, do they know how to respond?

A serious injury could happen to any player on any team at any time. Do I think the Pistons core players will dodge the injury bullet for the entire season? Sure, why not? They've basically done it for two seasons previous to this one, with one or two minor injuries.

If injury does occur to one of the Pistons core players, does the rest of the team know how to respond? Depends on who it is. If Tayshaun or Rasheed get injured, I think they could still be a pretty good team. If Chauncey, Rip, or Ben go down, I don't think the Pistons can be even remotely as good.

If any of the five starters is injured for the remainder of the season, I don't think there's a very good chance at all that the Pistons will contend for a championship this year. Is that what Spurs fans want to hear? Admitting that the Pistons core five players are all necessary in order to have a chance at a title? Well, there it is.

It's the same for any of the contenders EXCEPT it's not all five starters in other teams' cases. Can the Spurs win a title without Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, or Tony Parker? Sure, they can survive for part of the regular season and be relatively successful. But, win a championship without one of those three? Can Miami contend without Shaq or Dwyane Wade? The question is just silly to ask. Of course they cannot. Can Dallas go deep in the playoffs without Dirk Nowitzki?

It just so happens the Pistons have FIVE guys that are that important to their team. But, key core players to any of the elite teams who would get injured would have the same problem.

Darrin
03-06-2006, 02:47 PM

12-6 over the last 18 is a serious slump? 6-2 since the All-Star break is a serious slump? Are they playing like they did earlier this season? No. But that's why you go through most of the season with a 70-win pace - to allow you to be in a good position entering the playoffs and to insulate against pedestrian play and injuries.

Their schedule is about to get a heck of a lot easier. So we'll see if this is a mini-slump or something that is newsworthy. Last month, they started 2-2, dropping games in Atlanta and Indiana, and finished with a 10-3 month. Their only loss after Atlanta was that fourth quarter collapse against the Heat (8-1).

Joepa
03-06-2006, 02:58 PM
A serious injury could happen to any player on any team at any time. Do I think the Pistons core players will dodge the injury bullet for the entire season? Sure, why not? They've basically done it for two seasons previous to this one, with one or two minor injuries.

If injury does occur to one of the Pistons core players, does the rest of the team know how to respond? Depends on who it is. If Tayshaun or Rasheed get injured, I think they could still be a pretty good team. If Chauncey, Rip, or Ben go down, I don't think the Pistons can be even remotely as good.

If any of the five starters is injured for the remainder of the season, I don't think there's a very good chance at all that the Pistons will contend for a championship this year. Is that what Spurs fans want to hear? Admitting that the Pistons core five players are all necessary in order to have a chance at a title? Well, there it is.

It's the same for any of the contenders EXCEPT it's not all five starters in other teams' cases. Can the Spurs win a title without Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, or Tony Parker? Sure, they can survive for part of the regular season and be relatively successful. But, win a championship without one of those three? Can Miami contend without Shaq or Dwyane Wade? The question is just silly to ask. Of course they cannot. Can Dallas go deep in the playoffs without Dirk Nowitzki?

It just so happens the Pistons have FIVE guys that are that important to their team. But, key core players to any of the elite teams who would get injured would have the same problem.

I'm one of those fans that hate late-season injuries - I would rather the two best teams play each other at full strength. It makes for less cop outs by the losing team at the end of the series (but people still find 'em) and makes for better basketball.

Your point is taken, however I was unclear on something: My only concern with the Pistons is catching them for HCA in the finals. There would certainly be a drop off the team would take in the regular season, say, if they lost Ben Wallace. I don't think, however, that would automatically rule them out of the playoff picture because the East is so weak.

Ya'll basically have a cakewalk until the finals unless Miami gives you trouble.

bdubya
03-08-2006, 01:51 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/lol/18.gif

me when i saw that the pistons lost to the lakers

The Lakers.

Just thought this thread needed a summary/bump.

bdubya
03-08-2006, 10:53 AM
my name's bdubya, i'm just happy....

Makes one of us, huh? :lol Schadenfreude: it's a two-way street.
But if it makes you feel better, you could always try blaming the refs.....

himat
03-08-2006, 06:23 PM

yeah we have the best strength and conditioning coach, and our players take care of themselves maybe that's why. you can't get lucky 2-3 years in a row

JamStone
03-08-2006, 06:38 PM
yeah we have the best strength and conditioning coach, and our players take care of themselves maybe that's why. you can't get lucky 2-3 years in a row

Yes you can. Luck has a lot to do with it. The best strength and conditioning coach can't prevent or rehabilitate quickly a broken nose from an elbow. Or, like Joe Johnson last year, when he landed on his face and broke the orbital bone around his eye. There are no orbital bone strength exercises.

Now, a lot of sprained ankles, back spasms, thigh bruises, and other more common aches and pains have been more preventable and quickly attended to.

But, that doesn't mean the Pistons haven't also been lucky.

Having said that, often times, LUCK is when PREPARATION meets OPPORTUNITY. Or more simply states, you make your own luck.

But, yeah, the Pistons have been rather fortunate over the last three seasons to not have had a REALLY SERIOUS injury to any of its core players.