PDA

View Full Version : Ramonce sitting

cecil collins
03-04-2006, 09:36 PM
Looks like Ramonce won't be in spring practice. Didn't know that Henry Melton was a defensive end now either. Here is a link (http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=519802)

Horry For 3!
03-04-2006, 09:39 PM
Looks like Ramonce won't be in spring practice. Didn't know that Henry Melton was a defensive end now either. Here is a link (http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=519802)
Yeah he was a DE/RB before last year and there had been speculation where he would play. I guess cause we're deep at RB that they moved him to DE. Well it says he is playing both positions, interesting.

scott
03-04-2006, 10:29 PM
I was never impressed with Melton, especially with weapons like Charles and Taylor to plug in back there. Both of those guys are game changers, whereas Melton is an out-of-shape Jerome Bettis who thinks he's Barry Sanders.

Horry For 3!
03-05-2006, 12:02 AM
I was never impressed with Melton, especially with weapons like Charles and Taylor to plug in back there. Both of those guys are game changers, whereas Melton is an out-of-shape Jerome Bettis who thinks he's Barry Sanders.
Melton could be bad ass but he ran straight up and didn't lower his body. He could just run over everyone if he did that. He still did run over people but sometimes he'd get stuck cause he was straight up.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-07-2006, 11:51 AM
Melton is practicing as a DE but I doubt he'll see real playingtime as a DE

He's too valuable as a 2 yard and a cloud of dust kinda guy :lol

Big Pimp_21
03-07-2006, 12:32 PM
I hope Ramonce isn't going to be another PJ Tucker! With VY gone, Texas needs him and Charles to carrry this offense next year.

Ballcox
03-07-2006, 01:39 PM
Well, listening to Ketch on 1300 the other morning, it doesn't look good for RT. Evidently he's in worse academic shape than PJ was a year ago, and at that time most people in the program thought PJ wouldn't ever make it back to UT. Ketch seems to think we will not see RT in a Longhorn uniform again, damn shame for a kid with so much potential. Also heard the coaching staff had been doing everything they could to help him out, just wasn't willing to display the level of maturity needed to succeed with academics. As for Melton, he'll be playing RB come fall.

Horry For 3!
03-07-2006, 04:20 PM
That is pretty pathetic if you can't do your studies. He must not be that much into football if he can't make time to study so he can pass and play.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-07-2006, 04:30 PM
All you need to do in college to pass is show up to every class and show up to every test

what a fucking dipshit if he never gets back in uniform....i swear to god the UT program needs to stop recruiting these fuckfaces who have no concept of dedication and team

Ballcox
03-07-2006, 05:10 PM
^ Agree, I mean the coaching staff can only do so much, ya know? They can go into classes and take tests for the kid. What really sucks is that I was hoping to see RT really have a breakout season this year, two years in the system at UT-this season would have really been his time to shine. He could still POSSIBLY make it back, but it doesn't look good. Also, some other Spring practice notes so far for anyone that's interested:

1. Reports from the coaching staff indicate that Muckleroy is looking very good at the LB spot, could be slowly earning himself a starting spot along with Killebrew and Kelson. Also, Sergio Kindle is flashing big time abilities so far in practices and could easily earn some PT this upcoming season.

2. J. Finley has made some spectacular plays so far in practices. Coaches like his ability to spread the field, particularly downfield. He's put on some muscle but still has tons of athletic ability and good hands. Looks like it will be him and Tweedie getting alot of PT at the TE spot.

3. Charlie Tanner is making a case for starting at the RG spot this season, evidently coaches have been really impressed with his footwork, speed and knowledge of the position, could be beating out Thornton for the starting RG spot playing next to Blalock.

4. Both QB's have played well for it being so early in Spring ball. Have heard McCoy described as an athletic Major Applewhite type player with more speed when he takes off running, able to anticipate coverages and routes very well. J. Snead has also looked good, Greg Davis has said he has the strongest arm of any QB he's coaches since he's been at UT. Not quite as fast as McCoy, but the kid can THROW the ball and makes good reads/progressions.

5. Mack has said Selvin Young is back in the best shape he's been in since he first got to UT. Evidently has been hitting the weight room and getting back into better shape. Him and J. Charles should form a great 1-2 punch at RB this year.

So, just some various observations I thought I would paraphrase for other UT fans out there. Just think, season opener is only 7 months away!!! :smokin

Cant_Be_Faded
03-07-2006, 06:25 PM
Ramonce is our x-factor though...punt return, kick return extraordinaire, solid receiver, explosive tailback...

ARGHGHGH that's so fucking weak. Good thing Jamaal Charles is gonna break these hoes off somethin next year. And to think. I contemplated buying a Ramonce jersey.

mookie2001
03-07-2006, 07:17 PM
thanks ballcox for the only post worth a gram of smegma

Horry For 3!
03-07-2006, 09:17 PM
^ Agree, I mean the coaching staff can only do so much, ya know? They can go into classes and take tests for the kid. What really sucks is that I was hoping to see RT really have a breakout season this year, two years in the system at UT-this season would have really been his time to shine. He could still POSSIBLY make it back, but it doesn't look good. Also, some other Spring practice notes so far for anyone that's interested:

1. Reports from the coaching staff indicate that Muckleroy is looking very good at the LB spot, could be slowly earning himself a starting spot along with Killebrew and Kelson. Also, Sergio Kindle is flashing big time abilities so far in practices and could easily earn some PT this upcoming season.

2. J. Finley has made some spectacular plays so far in practices. Coaches like his ability to spread the field, particularly downfield. He's put on some muscle but still has tons of athletic ability and good hands. Looks like it will be him and Tweedie getting alot of PT at the TE spot.

3. Charlie Tanner is making a case for starting at the RG spot this season, evidently coaches have been really impressed with his footwork, speed and knowledge of the position, could be beating out Thornton for the starting RG spot playing next to Blalock.

4. Both QB's have played well for it being so early in Spring ball. Have heard McCoy described as an athletic Major Applewhite type player with more speed when he takes off running, able to anticipate coverages and routes very well. J. Snead has also looked good, Greg Davis has said he has the strongest arm of any QB he's coaches since he's been at UT. Not quite as fast as McCoy, but the kid can THROW the ball and makes good reads/progressions.

5. Mack has said Selvin Young is back in the best shape he's been in since he first got to UT. Evidently has been hitting the weight room and getting back into better shape. Him and J. Charles should form a great 1-2 punch at RB this year.

So, just some various observations I thought I would paraphrase for other UT fans out there. Just think, season opener is only 7 months away!!! :smokin
I predicted Finley will start, he should be starting. Tweedie isn't that great, well blocking he might be but catching ability, Finley has him easily.

mookie2001
03-07-2006, 09:20 PM
I would rather have a 6th olineman than a 220 lb TE anyday, Finley will play though.
naturally the TE wont lead Texas in receptions again

T-Pain
03-08-2006, 04:17 AM

LOL

mookie2001
03-08-2006, 11:42 AM
I doubt scott has seen melton carry the ball more than 5 times

same as all the VY threads
its amazing how little people know about him/football/collegefb/offense/passing

its like talking about Finleys catching ability
one has only ever heard about it on the internets

in my world
winning counts more than wonderlicks and Senior TEs start over Freshman

Cant_Be_Faded
03-08-2006, 12:33 PM
what is the name of our current senior and freshman TE

and which one is 220 pounds

mookie2001
03-08-2006, 12:45 PM
Tweedie will be a Sr,

Finley was a top recruit in 2005, 6-5 220 TE/WR

http://media.putfile.com/Raise-up

Cant_Be_Faded
03-08-2006, 12:50 PM
so 220 pounds, isn't that kinda light for a te?

Finley at TE = mad pass rush + fast sack action = injured freshman qb

Cant_Be_Faded
03-08-2006, 12:51 PM
kellen winslow II was 260 pounds at least

mookie2001
03-08-2006, 12:55 PM
naturally its light
even for an athletic TE, I'm sure he'll put on at least 10 lbs
tweedies the blocker, theyll have to pass to him so when Finley comes in they dont automatically assume hes running a route
when Finley in, hes got to block to prevent fastsackaction AND so theyll keep an extra eye on his ass for a delay

Cant_Be_Faded
03-08-2006, 01:14 PM
I don't think it'll work. How was this guy a top recruit if he's so damn gig-esque

mookie2001
03-08-2006, 01:24 PM
the size and speed with WR catching ability and TE strength

I like Finley dont get me wrong, he can even play WR

I think he can make an impact this year, I just dont think he should be the starter
he may be a all-american by the time he's a senior but you have work him in slowly, especially with him needing to put on 20 lbs

cecil collins
03-08-2006, 01:55 PM
I agree with Mookie because if you can't run the ball with a freshman QB starting, you aren't going to win. Finley was recruited as a TE/WR, so I expect he will develop the body of a Tight End(hopefully by next year.)

Horry For 3!
03-08-2006, 02:07 PM
so 220 pounds, isn't that kinda light for a te?

Finley at TE = mad pass rush + fast sack action = injured freshman qb
Well for one, you don't how well Finley can block unless you were at the practices. So you can't assume that he would get owned unless you knew for sure.

mookie2001
03-08-2006, 02:16 PM
^or catch

Horry For 3!
03-08-2006, 02:25 PM
^or catch
Catching ability was already posted in here, he can for sure catch. Now it never said anything about blocking though. So who knows.

Horry For 3!
03-08-2006, 02:26 PM
Catching ability was already posted in here, he can for sure catch. Now it never said anything about blocking though. So who knows.
For proof....

Ballcox
03-08-2006, 02:44 PM
^ don't know how good of a run blocker J. Finley is, that might limit his playing time somewhat, but he definitely appears to have good hands and more speed than D. Thomas. Tweedie is mainly going to be in there for blocking purposes, and you'll probably see some of P. Ulman if they run any two TE sets. Also, remember we've already got one new TE recruit on campus for the spring, Greg Smith. He'll be joined by Britt Mitchell for 2-a days in the fall.

I also saw some comments on Melton, my only take is that the kid just needs to learn how to run with a low pad level. Yeah, he looked great in the 1st game of the season last year against Louisana Lafeyete, but you can't run with a high pad level against teams like Ohio State, oklahoma, etc. I've read some reports from Spring practices that he's doing a better job of running with a low pad level, but I'll believe it when I see it in a game. Melton will have a tough time breaking through into the DE rotation if they play him there. You've got Crowder, Robison, Orakpo, C. Brown, B. Ellis, L. Houston and then the 5 star kid we have coming in, Eddie Jones.

Horry For 3!
03-08-2006, 02:46 PM
^ don't know how good of a run blocker J. Finley is, that might limit his playing time somewhat, but he definitely appears to have good hands and more speed than D. Thomas. Tweedie is mainly going to be in there for blocking purposes, and you'll probably see some of P. Ulman if they run any two TE sets. Also, remember we've already got one new TE recruit on campus for the spring, Greg Smith. He'll be joined by Britt Mitchell for 2-a days in the fall.

I also saw some comments on Melton, my only take is that the kid just needs to learn how to run with a low pad level. Yeah, he looked great in the 1st game of the season last year against Louisana Lafeyete, but you can't run with a high pad level against teams like Ohio State, oklahoma, etc. I've read some reports from Spring practices that he's doing a better job of running with a low pad level, but I'll believe it when I see it in a game. Melton will have a tough time breaking through into the DE rotation if they play him there. You've got Crowder, Robison, Orakpo, C. Brown, B. Ellis, L. Houston and then the 5 star kid we have coming in, Eddie Jones.
That is what I posted earlier in this thread. He is good but needs to run lower to the ground than straight up.

Ballcox
03-08-2006, 02:55 PM
^ Sorry Horry, didn't mean to repeat. I just have visions in my head of Melton keeping that low pad level and just STEAMROLLING some guys, he could really be effective running the ball that way.

mookie2001
03-08-2006, 03:03 PM
he does need to get lower
but this is more of something that sportscasters like to say over and over again and thus it becomes true

like ginobili used to be the xfactor
adrian peterson runs like eric dickerson
reggie bush is like gale sayers
VY has jackhammer feet
mike williams is raw

hes 6-2 and a shortyardage-goaline back

Horry For 3!
03-08-2006, 03:07 PM
he does need to get lower
but this is more of something that sportscasters like to say over and over again and thus it becomes true

like ginobili used to be the xfactor
adrian peterson runs like eric dickerson
reggie bush is like gale sayers
VY has jackhammer feet
mike williams is raw

hes 6-2 and a shortyardage-goaline back
Well it all depends on your opionion really. But yes, Melton would do better running lower to the ground and utlizing his power.

Horry For 3!
03-08-2006, 03:08 PM
I was at the first game of the season against LA-LA first time seeing Melton. I was like holy shittttt, that guy is huge. Then when I saw Charles, I was hooked. He was my favorite player of last year other than Vince Young.

Ballcox
03-08-2006, 04:21 PM
^ Agree with ya on Charles, that kid has big time play making ability. What really impresses me about his running is his vision for finding holes. You remember that run against oklahoma where it looked he was stuffed at the line of scrimmage? He then pulls some spin move out of his ass, splits two defenders and he is GONE, 80yds. and a cloud of fucking dust! I really think (if he stays healthy) Charles could be a special back at UT, he just knows how to run. I also like the returning group of WR's we have for this season, going into last season the WR spot was a real question mark, and then guys like L. Sweed, B. Pittman, Q. Cosby, B. Carter all stepped up and made big plays throughout the season. With the addition of Shipley this year (hope to God he's finally healthy) the WR's could be a special group. We're definitely going to rely on them with the youth we have at QB.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-08-2006, 04:49 PM
the WR core is superb, great and young. The only thing is we probably won't be able to fully utilize them until the last 2 or 3 games of next season.

Jamaal has the best moves of any rb we have. Ramonce is sheer speed. Selvin has the brains. And Melton has the muthle.

We better run some wishbone offense hahaha

cecil collins
03-08-2006, 05:03 PM
Melton is a stud. He was only a true freshman, and with his freak-like abilities and size, he could be tough in the coming years. He can also break tackles on the goal line. Most goal line back fall in, and it may not be wise, but he's upright breaking tackles on the goal line.

Mr Dio
03-08-2006, 08:49 PM
Any concerns over the placeholder?

mookie2001
03-19-2006, 12:27 PM
theres solid internets confirmations courtneys in the same boat

http://texas.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=61&tid=70811315&sid=&style=2

http://www.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=597221&forum_id=7
lol

Cant_Be_Faded
03-19-2006, 04:09 PM
rofl rofl
i wonder if theres a domain name www.gutlessags.com
hahaha

Ballcox
03-20-2006, 03:41 PM
Just a reminder that the Spring Orange/White game is coming up on April 1st, week from next Saturday. Should be interesting to see the two new QB's go at it, also a number of other players trying to make impressions for playing time. :smokin