PDA

View Full Version : Inane Mavs Fan Post of the Year

Rummpd
03-04-2006, 11:02 PM
MavsFan1000 "jewel of a post" from the GameBlog tonight in case you missed it:

"Tim being injured is bullshit. He is just having a bad year." (Wake me when you have a medical license, MavsFan1000)

Furthermore, unlike another sublimally soft, albeit skilled, 7'0" from up the I-35 Corridor he does not let a 6'6" defender hold him in check even when hurt. My suposition is that Dirk is just having a "bad decade" when it really counts?

The truth: Give MavsFan1000 a Wunderlich and he might not even beat out Vince Young.

Give me Duncan in a "bad year" over any single player the Mavs have period.

"

dieman8686
03-04-2006, 11:15 PM
Hasn't Timmy been hurt for well over 2 months and still playing strong minutes? I wonder when WHEN he will be his 100% in health consideration...
Funny thing once the Spurs were 1st place before and 1st place now the injury has gone down a bit now...(cough cough like Mavsfan said BULLSHIT)

He might be slightly injured, but not towards the way you guys downgrade him and if his scoring is down a bit this year, it could be because Tony is have a better year, thus taking a bit more offense from Timmy since after all he is the PG(not much of a passer).

ChumpDumper
03-04-2006, 11:16 PM
Jesus Christ do you idiots even know what his condition is?

Twerps.

dieman8686
03-04-2006, 11:20 PM
Funny thing is that with his "slight not major" injury he has, he is averaging more minutes then last year. Would'nt an "injured" player or like you guys call it 50% be limited to less amount of minutes?

Budkin
03-04-2006, 11:20 PM
Man I think he put the icing on it with this line:

"Diop could shut Duncan down anytime."

Warlord23
03-04-2006, 11:21 PM
Mavsfan is trying hard at establishing a troll reputation. Too bad he's got no sense of humor and says the same repetitive crap every time. He should get some coaching from mouse on how to make troll posts interesting and funny.

ChumpDumper
03-04-2006, 11:22 PM
Funny thing is that with his "slight not major" injury he has, he is averaging more minutes then last year. Would'nt an "injured" player or like you guys call it 50% be limited to less amount of minutes?Can you even name the condition, o douchey one?

Rummpd
03-04-2006, 11:26 PM
It is called plantar fasciatis and can be very dehabilitating and in fact many athletes have taken considerable time off for less signs and symptons that Duncan has exhibited. (Although different individuals have different pain thresholds and this conditions tends to "Wax and Wane" and even can improve with activity in many cases.

As a former physician and as a doctor trained in sportsmedicine my own personal admiration for Duncan has gone up this year even with his supposed "off year".

For all the grief he is getting he is still averaging 19.0 PPG and 11.6 RBG and 2 BPG going into tonight.

Duncan in my view is proving himself to be a warrior and just his prescence on the floor makes the Spurs that much better; and if you have noticed he is rebounding a lot recently and contributing in other ways even with his slightly diminished scoring.

I for one will not be at all surprised to see him raise his game once again in the playoffs and average around 23 and 12.5 with 3 blocks per game.

SequSpur
03-04-2006, 11:31 PM
Duncan is having a bad year. :rolleyes

Injured or not.

But the Spurs are still winning because of Tony Parker.

Rummpd
03-04-2006, 11:34 PM
Parker is a horse but do not make the mistake that he could carry a team - without Duncan this is a 48-50 win tops with him = more than 60. He is still that damm good.

mavsfan1000
03-04-2006, 11:35 PM
Enough with these start a stupid thread because someone made a post you didn't like.

SequSpur
03-04-2006, 11:35 PM
Parker is a horse but do not make the mistake that he could carry a team - without Duncan this is a 48-50 win tops with him = more than 60. He is still that damm good.

The Spurs are winning because Duncan is an illusion of his old self.

Parker is carrying the team.

ChumpDumper
03-04-2006, 11:38 PM
Enough with these start a stupid thread because someone made a post you didn't like.Enough with the stupid posts inspiring said threads.

Buddy Holly
03-04-2006, 11:39 PM
Tim Duncan has shown more than once how much of a true fucking warrior he is.

He has to be one step away from a boken bone in order to be sidelined.

This guy has been injured in a game only to finish it out and a lt of the times very strongly.

Take for example last years game 6 against the Sonics. In the 4th during a close game Duncan rolls his left ankle (and he had already injured his right ankle twice within like a month prior). He was on the floor holding his ankle in pain.

The guy gets up, walks it off and then puts the Spurs on his shoulders and takes over the game. He even made the game winning shot.

There's even more examples. This guy is a true warrior in every sense of the word.

Sorry you puss jobs can't see nor respect that.

dieman8686
03-04-2006, 11:41 PM
Okay I'll take his right foot is injured with plantar fasciatis, but that doesn't mean his symptoms could be cured for games with cortisone injections, which of course he must get form the Spurs staff. If this injury was killing him on court you could see the pain in his face expression. These might be the reasons why the Spurs are even playing him, meaning he is not that plagued like MANY of you fans claim and exaggerate. If he was he would be sitting right to at leat heal partialy for the playoffs...
But like Rummpd said he is a warrior for it, im just attcking some of the posters and media who make hyperbolic excuses..

Buddy Holly
Enough with these start a stupid thread because someone made a post you didn't like.

Enough with your 11 year old spam a board trolling.

Dude, go post at the site you pimp in your sig.

Or are you too lame and boring even for yourself.

SequSpur
Good Point BH.

But Tony Parker is still the best player on the team.

ChumpDumper
03-04-2006, 11:42 PM
Nice backtrack, dieman.

Where'd you do your residency?

SequSpur
03-04-2006, 11:43 PM
Against the Mavs, he was called for traveling once, I don't know what it is but his post footwork is no longer sharp, in fact it is terrible.

Maybe its his injuries, who knows.... it seems he is releasing the ball on the wrong foot sometimes....

Rummpd
03-04-2006, 11:43 PM
SeguSpur - Tony has had the best season but it can be argued he is still the third best player on the team - come the crunch time of the playoffs expect 1A Duncan and 1B Manu to carry a lot of games. Nothing against Parker he is fabulous but skill wise Manu is still on another plane when healthy and Duncan is Duncan.

dieman8686
03-04-2006, 11:44 PM
Duncan is having a bad year. :rolleyes

Injured or not.

But the Spurs are still winning because of Tony Parker.

Summary of what I said before(somewhat).
Its better to hear a fan call it just a "bad year" and the plagued foot injury, on other hand Tony is having a better season, somewhat balancing the bad for a bit good.

Sense
03-04-2006, 11:44 PM
Mavsfan has said alot of stupid shit... if I posted everything he's stated that's retarded, I'd have alot more posts...

Buddy Holly
03-04-2006, 11:45 PM
If this injury was killing him on court you could see the pain in his face expression.

How many facial expressions did you see during the playoffs when he was on two injured ankles?

You've gotten used to very soft players.

These might be the reasons why the Spurs are even playing him, meaning he is not that plagued like MANY of you fans claim and exaggerate.

We exaggerate it? Tim himself says he can't plant his foot, that his latteral movement is poor because of it.

He even told the TNT people before the game that his injury hurts all the time, not just on and off.

SequSpur
03-04-2006, 11:46 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35955

This topic is Part 2 of the above topic.

mavsfan1000
03-04-2006, 11:47 PM
Dude I'm fucking stating facts on the game and all you come up with is this lame ass homerism that won't stand for anything said that is negative about the spurs. Fuck you and your fucking stupid threads. I never tried to be like mouse so don't even try to fucking start with me. Rummpd is a fucking spammer wherever I've seen one. Some on the threads you have written should be erased because they are wasting space,

SequSpur
03-04-2006, 11:48 PM
^ He does have a point you know.... :lol

ChumpDumper
03-04-2006, 11:49 PM
Rummpd is a fucking spammer wherever I've seen one. :lmao :lmao :lmao

You are the Chuck Yeager of ignorance.

dieman8686
03-04-2006, 11:51 PM
How many facial expressions did you see during the playoffs when he was on two injured ankles?

You've gotten used to very soft players.

We exaggerate it? Tim himself says he can't plant his foot, that his latteral movement is poor because of it.

He even told the TNT people before the game that his injury hurts all the time, not just on and off.

Yeah, he couldnt have planted that foot for an entire 36 mins against the Mavs game and another 36 mins against portland( an easy team to beat that instead TImmy's numbers should have been reduced...)
AND all those other games with high minuted, practically every game..

mavsfan1000
03-04-2006, 11:51 PM
Rummpd you will pay for this stupid thread to try to attack me personally. I hope Kori Ellis starts deleting these dumbass threads. I was ok with Sequspur doing it but now people are taking it too far.

ambchang
03-04-2006, 11:53 PM
For those who do not understand the severity of PF, please go to the following link.
http://heelspurs.com/_intro.html
Funny how it's called heel "spurs"

picnroll
03-04-2006, 11:53 PM
mavsfan1000 do you mind if I ask how old you are?

CubanMustGo
03-04-2006, 11:54 PM
You come over and post shit on an opponent's board, what do you expect? A medal?

Buddy Holly
Dude I'm fucking stating facts on the game and all you come up with is this lame ass homerism that won't stand for anything said that is negative about the spurs. Fuck you and your fucking stupid threads. I never tried to be like mouse so don't even try to fucking start with me. Rummpd is a fucking spammer wherever I've seen one. Some on the threads you have written should be erased because they are wasting space,

I vote him Douche Bag O' the Year.

I also say we spam the shit out of his very gay website.

You know what, don't spam, lets buy it from his parents, then turn it into a sort of MySpace for DoucheBag's. Then maybe he'll meet people. Maybe even female people.

ChumpDumper
I do agree that these personal threads aren't all that great, but you simply can't deny the juiciness of the source material.

And you might want to check Rummpd's CV, if you know what that is.

Buddy Holly
03-04-2006, 11:56 PM
Yeah, he couldnt have planted that foot for an entire 36 mins against the Mavs game and another 36 mins against portland( an easy team to beat that instead TImmy's numbers should have been reduced...)
AND all those other games with high minuted, practically every game..

Planet his foot firmly and comfortablity you dickhead. He fills a slight pain in his foot when he does that.

Have you ever played any type of running sport with a foot injury?

Wait, have you ever ran period?

mavsfan1000
03-04-2006, 11:56 PM
I never made a personal thread about anyone. It isn't right.

Buddy Holly
03-04-2006, 11:57 PM
And you might want to check Rummpd's CV, if you know what that is.

Fuck Rummpd. He's King of Spammers here.

:rolleyes

Buddy Holly
03-04-2006, 11:57 PM
I never made a personal thread about anyone. It isn't right.

You say stupid stuff, you' better believe your ass is gonna be made fun off.

:lol

leemajors
03-04-2006, 11:58 PM
cortisone injections would dry the tendon out and make the pf worse. at least that is what boutons said, and he knows a hell of a lot more than anyone else about these types of injuries i have seen.

ChumpDumper
03-04-2006, 11:58 PM
I never made a personal thread about anyone. It isn't right.It would probably be a good idea to be able to back up a post like that at any rate.

dieman8686
03-04-2006, 11:59 PM
For those who do not understand the severity of PF, please go to the following link.
http://heelspurs.com/_intro.html
Funny how it's called heel "spurs"
I truley know what "PF" ists liek a bad cold virus it will plague soemone, but its symptoms could be cure temporarily,cortisone injections and that it takes most people about half a year to recover to a year(not the cold comparison you gte my point)
PF sucks to whoever gets it though, but lets not exaggerate please(Repeated myslef lots of times)

Buddy Holly
03-04-2006, 11:59 PM
cortisone injections would dry the tendon out and make the pf worse. at least that is what boutons said, and he knows a hell of a lot more than anyone else about these types of injuries i have seen.

Boutons is full o' sheet. He's a spammer like Rummp.

Come on, MavsFan has a freakin' sports website! The kid knows his S-T-U-F-F.

Buddy Holly
03-05-2006, 12:01 AM
I truley know what "PF" ists liek a bad cold virus it will plague soemone, but its symptoms could be cure temporarily,cortisone injections and that it takes most people about half a year to recover to a year(not the cold comparison you gte my point)
PF sucks to whoever gets it though, but lets not exaggerate please(Repeated myslef lots of times)

How is it when former NBA players talk about this injury, they ALL say it takes a long rest (like the offseason) for it to heal.

Why?

Come on medicine man.

ChumpDumper
PF sucks to whoever gets it though, but lets not exaggerate please(Repeated myslef lots of times)Who's exagerrating?

It's the difference between Tim this season and Tim last season. Arguing over what % Tim is at is silly.

dieman8686
Plus the injury posted in heelspurs.com and its severity of the symptoms are for a person having PF well over a long period of time like a year or so..

Buddy Holly
03-05-2006, 12:02 AM
Plus the injury posted in heelspurs.com and its severity of the symptoms are for a person having PF well over a long period of time like a year or so..

And Tim has had this since before the season started.

mavsfan1000
03-05-2006, 12:03 AM
Well if it's that bad than the mavs have hope to beat the spurs. If it isn't that bad than it was bullshit like I said.

Warlord23
03-05-2006, 12:04 AM

PF caused Kobe Bryant to miss 16 games last year, and he's supposed to be a "warrior" and "tough" and what not. On top of that, it was the featured excuse for Laker fans and management to account for a 34-win season.

Duncan isn't cribbing about it, isn't "making faces" that would satisfy Mavs fans. He's fighting through it, and the team is winning. If a few Mavs homers don't want to accept this, then F them all. The least all you Cuban worshippers can do is wait till your team is booted out in the 2nd round before starting to whine.

dieman8686
03-05-2006, 12:05 AM
Who's exagerrating?

It's the difference between Tim this season and Tim last season. Arguing over what % Tim is at is silly.
Well if you haven't been reading about 80% of your posters here and media thats what they think(example the one I heard the most in this board is TIM IS 50%!!) and I myself think that giving a % on their ability to play in terms of health is bull, so really i agree with you but not with the other/most of posters here about %.

Buddy Holly
03-05-2006, 12:06 AM
Well if it's that bad than the mavs have hope to beat the spurs. If it isn't that bad than it was bullshit like I said.

If Tim lost both legs the Mavs still would have a snow ball's chance in hell. :lol

ChumpDumper
03-05-2006, 12:07 AM
All I can say is PF's effect on Tim varies widely from game to game, but it always has an effect.

Rummpd
03-05-2006, 12:07 AM
Mr. Mavsfan1000 = I actually have gotten paid to write professonally on basketball part-time; and believe me I have forgotten more about the game than you will ever know or see first hand.

The only thing you have going for you is your passion for your team, and the Mavs are still a very fine team deserving of respect with a fine young coach and some nice young players.

It is the Mavericks current luck in life however, to have to combat on a regular fashion an experienced championship team in their same division - that still has by far the best superstar in TX and the league when healthy (and a growing force in Tony Parker who will only continue to improve + the verve of Manu Ginobili).

It must have been truly a very frustrating week to be a Mavs fan staring into the reality that your team is still not on the level of the Spurs. So take a "free pass" for your lack of knowledge of what Duncan is facing and has faced all year and good night.

dieman8686
03-05-2006, 12:08 AM
PF caused Kobe Bryant to miss 16 games last year, and he's supposed to be a "warrior" and "tough" and what not. On top of that, it was the featured excuse for Laker fans and management to account for a 34-win season.

Duncan isn't cribbing about it, isn't "making faces" that would satisfy Mavs fans. He's fighting through it, and the team is winning. If a few Mavs homers don't want to accept this, then F them all. The least all you Cuban worshippers can do is wait till your team is booted out in the 2nd round before starting to whine.
Obiviously you haven't been reading my previous posts in this thread, I could give less about Kobe. The quoted post was just in response to someone else..

Buddy Holly
03-05-2006, 12:09 AM
Mr. Mavsfan1000 = I actually have gotten paid to write professonally on basketball part-time; and believe me I have forgotten more about the game than you will ever know or see first hand.

The only thing you have going for you is your passion for your team, and the Mavs are still a very fine team deserving of respect with a fine young coach and some nice young players.

It is the Mavericks current luck in life however, to have to combat on a regular fashion an experienced championship team in their same division - that still has by far the best superstar in TX and the league when healthy (and a growing force in Tony Parker who will only continue to improve + the verve of Manu Ginobili).

It must have been truly a very frustrating week to be a Mavs fan staring into the reality that your team is still not on the level of the Spurs. So take a "free pass" for your lack of knowledge of what Duncan is facing and has faced all year and good night.

Should I say it or should I post a picture....?

I'll say it.

OWN'D!!!!

dieman8686
03-05-2006, 12:11 AM
And Tim has had this since before the season started.
Since the season started or when the media started talkign about his PF/ when the Mavs actually were closing in on them and when Detriot was winning over them in the early season?(Well around Dec.)

Kori Ellis
03-05-2006, 12:12 AM
Just shut the hell up.

Tim Duncan has had plantar fasciitis since before the season started.

He can't have cortisone injections over and over because it will dry out the tendon.

He's had one or two injections all year.

Sometimes it hurts more than others (that's why sometimes he can jump and sometimes he can't).

It's not a condition that is going to get better with rest.

Rest or no rest, it normally takes 4-6 months to get over.

End of story.

Thanks for the initial lame post and even lamer thread.

FromWayDowntown
03-05-2006, 12:13 AM
Mavs fan told me on Thursday night that Dirk is an elite player and that Tim Duncan is not.

Kori Ellis
03-05-2006, 12:13 AM
Oh and there's already about 1000 threads about Tim and this condition.

I'll bump one and you all can continue the bitchfest there.

Thanks.