PDA

View Full Version : Tim and Jack Nies

dbreiden83080
03-05-2006, 12:02 AM
What is up with him and that damn ref, does this guys really have a grudge against him. The way Sean was going on about it during the telecast it sure seemed that way. I remember that whole thing where Tim knocked him over got tossed and suspended for a game. Everyone knows it was an accident does this guy really believe that Tim Duncan one of the classiest guys in the league knocked him down on purpose.

timvp
03-05-2006, 12:10 AM
Ref needs to retire. He hates Tim and won't give him a call.

Sec24Row7
03-05-2006, 12:18 AM
Jack Nies = Emperor Palpatine.

http://www.www.bbsr.de/images/nba/jack_nies-gregg_popovich.jpg
http://www.starwars.nu/bilder/bildarkiv/nyheter/19092003_ep3_palpatine.jpg

cs100
03-05-2006, 12:18 AM
Nies is a perfect example of how some refs hold grudges. It is going on the 3rd season since Tim accidentally ran into him and Nies still holds a grudge.

timvp
03-05-2006, 12:22 AM
Good news is he's the oldest ref in the league. He'll have to retire one of these years.

dbreiden83080
03-05-2006, 12:49 AM
Nies is a perfect example of how some refs hold grudges. It is going on the 3rd season since Tim accidentally ran into him and Nies still holds a grudge.

How could he hold a grudge did he not look at the tape of the incident after it happened, you could easily see it was a mistake, i mean Tim Duncan would not hurt a fly.

Phenomanul
03-05-2006, 01:09 AM
Good news is he's the oldest ref in the league. He'll have to retire one of these years.

Bavetta is still around....

timvp
03-05-2006, 01:09 AM
Bavetta is still around....

Nies is old enough to be Bavetta's father.

infinite styles
03-05-2006, 01:13 AM
Nies is old enough to be Bavetta's father.

Are you serious! :wow I thought Poltergiest was like 105?

cs100
03-05-2006, 01:15 AM
How could he hold a grudge did he not look at the tape of the incident after it happened, you could easily see it was a mistake, i mean Tim Duncan would not hurt a fly.

You tell me. Even Tim can't figure out why.

GO SPurs Go
03-05-2006, 01:18 AM
Can anyone give me a link to the list of refs

GO SPurs Go
03-05-2006, 01:30 AM
already found it incase any1 is interested http://www.probasketballrefs.com/roster.asp#

Marklar MM
03-05-2006, 01:32 AM
You think this is bad...try having a player on your team who has every ref in the league after his ass. That gets pretty interesting.

Warlord23
03-05-2006, 01:40 AM
Shouldn't there be an upper limit on the referees' age? Nies will be 70 next year, and Bavetta is 67.

JamStone
03-05-2006, 01:43 AM
Jack Nies is the same referee that gave Rasheed a technical foul for smiling after being fouled by Zydrunas Ilgauskas. Same game, Nies also gave Chauncey Billups a technical foul for talking to him, and Nies walked towards Billups, not the other way around. Same game, Nies also gave McDyess a technical for not handing the basketball appropriately to a referee, even though Dice did not say a word or even object to the call.

Power trip guy ...

ChumpDumper
03-05-2006, 02:26 AM
Nies, Bavetta, Grillo and Joey Crawford need to go.

The mere fact I know their names means they aren't doing their job the way they should.

cs100
03-05-2006, 02:27 AM
I like Joey and Dick most of the time. Agree about Nies and Grillo though.

ZStomp
03-05-2006, 02:33 AM
I like Joey Crawford- in the 2003 (I believe) championship video he yells at Tim- "Get away from me Tim!"

T Park
03-05-2006, 02:38 AM
Joey Crawford is decent.

Nies, Grillo, Bavetta, do definately all need to go.

grjr
03-05-2006, 02:04 PM
I like Joey Crawford- in the 2003 (I believe) championship video he yells at Tim- "Get away from me Tim!"

That's what he told Tayshaun last week right before he gave him a T. He didn't call him Tim though....not sure why not.

Sec24Row7
03-05-2006, 02:06 PM
cuz tim left him alone?

picnroll
03-05-2006, 02:19 PM
Could someone in the front row accidently spill a cup of ice water on the floor when Nies is running by?

grjr
03-05-2006, 02:29 PM
cuz tim left him alone?

No, actually it's because his name is Tayshaun.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-05-2006, 02:42 PM
Crawford's actually been pretty fair to us.

Grillo, Nies, and Knick Bavetta need to go. How anyone can hold a grudge against Tim like Nies does is beyond me, and it's a sham the league even lets him call our games any more.

thispego
03-05-2006, 02:45 PM

Grillo, Nies, and Knick Bavetta need to go. How anyone can hold a grudge against Tim like Nies does is beyond me, and it's a sham the league even lets him call our games any more.
:lol

infinite styles
03-05-2006, 02:46 PM
Is it true that after one possession last night, Tim ran back on defense yelling to Pop: "He's not gonna call it, he's just not gonna call it"?

rayray2k8
03-05-2006, 02:49 PM

You're right, crawford at times has been a dick, but he's called it down the line, usually in our favor :lol

zero signal
03-05-2006, 04:07 PM
Is it true that after one possession last night, Tim ran back on defense yelling to Pop: "He's not gonna call it, he's just not gonna call it"?
That's what Sean Elliot said.

Das Texan
03-05-2006, 04:22 PM
i'm waiting for the day that nies, bavetta and grillo all show up to work a crucial spurs playoff game.

that will just be a joy to watch :|

Kori Ellis
03-05-2006, 04:52 PM
You're right, crawford at times has been a dick, but he's called it down the line, usually in our favor :lol

Crawford gave Bowen a T recently for saying, "Come on, Joe."

Willinsa
03-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Nies=Asshole

Samr
03-05-2006, 05:51 PM
The mere fact I know their names means they aren't doing their job the way they should.

Best point of the thread.

I remember, distinctly, the morning after the Nies Tackling Incident. I was listening to 96.1 and whomever was their sidekick at the time was Jack Nies's son. He didn't say anything until someone called in to vent, and rightfully so, about the travesty.

It was the typical "blah blah blah Nies needs to change his diaper blah blah self-righteous prick." Standard fare. Well Nies's son, the sidekick, spoke up and said (I will be off a little here, but not much. I remember it clearly) "Look, Jack Nies is my father [or step-father, forgot] and what Tim did was completely out of line. My father was just doing his job, and he shouldn't have to worry about being assaulted. I would have thought better from Tim."

This was just one of those things that stays with you-- to hear how truely crazy the Nies perspective is on this, as his son was obviously influenced in his opinion. I forget what the caller said in response, but honestly I don't care. To this day I rarely listen to 96.1 for that exact reason.

infinite styles
03-05-2006, 06:05 PM
I remember that game in GS when the incident occured. Nies wasn't going to do anything until the crowd started yelling for it. IF that had happened in San Antonio would the outcome have been different. Nies looked lost after the jumpball like he forgot what position he was supposed to take and stood there like a deer caught in the headlights. The point is Tim had no ill intent in harming the old man. Nies just felt humilliated and is pretty much unforgiving. I say fire the bum. :flipoff

FilSpursFan
03-05-2006, 07:37 PM
Crawford gave Bowen a T recently for saying, "Come on, Joe."
Magic Johnson once said Joey Crawford would give you a T even for a bad stare!
:lol :rolleyes

angel_luv
03-06-2006, 01:19 AM
Did any of you guys see Sports Sunday on WOAI?

They showed footage of Timmy ( I gues from after the game) and he was asked about what happened when Nies gave Timmy the technical last night.

Timmy :" Can I say 'no comment' to that? I want to play this road trip."
( Tiimmy and the reporters laugh) "When I retire you'll hear a completely different story."

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

50 cent
03-06-2006, 11:49 AM
I can't believe you guys haven't mentioned Bennette Salvatore. That dude is as bad if not worse than Nies. Anybody remember 2003 Game#1 WCF Finals Free Throw Shooting Contest against the Mavs?

Salvatore is the suck.

pache100
03-06-2006, 11:56 AM
Did any of you guys see Sports Sunday on WOAI?

They showed footage of Timmy ( I gues from after the game) and he was asked about what happened when Nies gave Timmy the technical last night.

Timmy :" Can I say 'no comment' to that? I want to play this road trip."
( Tiimmy and the reporters laugh) "When I retire you'll hear a completely different story."

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

I heard this quote on the Channel 5 news this morning. That Timmy...what a funny guy. If people only knew.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-06-2006, 11:59 AM
I can't believe you guys haven't mentioned Bennette Salvatore. That dude is as bad if not worse than Nies. Anybody remember 2003 Game#1 WCF Finals Free Throw Shooting Contest against the Mavs?

Salvatore is the suck.

Bennett is also the same ref who earlier this season decided that Tim Duncan's first act after getting a key offensive board in the last minute is to step out of bounds. Of course, he's the trained professional so I'll take his word for it that it had nothing to do with the fact that Dirk and Jason Terry attacked him like Will Ferrell and Chris Kattan in "A Night at the Roxberry".

Rydia
03-06-2006, 05:05 PM
We call Salvatore, Sabotage!! That's pretty bad.

I do think it is kind of cool that Nies gave Timmy a suspension because he stomped on him. That is your classic horrible call. How else can he make the Spurs lose??

angel_luv
03-06-2006, 06:34 PM
We call Salvatore, Sabotage!! That's pretty bad.

I do think it is kind of cool that Nies gave Timmy a suspension because he stomped on him. That is your classic horrible call. How else can he make the Spurs lose??

Has the irony of Salvatore's intials struck anyone besides me? :angel

exstatic
03-06-2006, 08:36 PM
Dick Bavetta is 67? Jezuus. He looks EIGHTY FIVE. I hate watching games that he refs because I'm afraid he'll die on the floor.

TDfan2007
03-06-2006, 10:13 PM
Dick Bavetta is 67? Jezuus. He looks EIGHTY FIVE. I hate watching games that he refs because I'm afraid he'll die on the floor.

:lol

so horrible yet so funny