PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone discussed picking up Jon Barry?

SilverPlayer
03-06-2006, 05:09 AM
I just read this tidbit in the SA express and hadn't seen the possibility discussed here. There were times last year when I said we should give this guy a wig and switch him out for his brother (after the rockets were out of course.)

The Suns waived Jimmy Jackson, who hadn't played for weeks. The Rockets waived Jon Barry. Latrell Sprewell has been out there all season.Link (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA030506.8C.COL.BKNmonroe.spurs.2c6b9a9.html)

Has he been injured or what? I thought he showed a lot of grit last year.

TDMVPDPOY
03-06-2006, 06:37 AM
no thanks

ZStomp
03-06-2006, 06:42 AM
Why?

Bruno
03-06-2006, 09:25 AM
No, Barry hasn't been healthy this year.
People should realize that signing players is good but that playoff roster is limited to 12 players. I won't take Jon Barry over Brent Barry or Udrih : the only interest of signing a player like that is if one of our PG/SG/SF has a playoff ending injury.(you can't change the active roster during the playoff)

Bruno
03-06-2006, 09:52 AM
Some news, it looks like he will retire.
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/nba/article/0,2777,DRMN_23922_4518008,00.html

SenorSpur
03-06-2006, 10:07 AM
No way. I'm always suspcious of guys that are "quietly" mumbling about retiring. This guy has been mentioning retiring for a couple of years. Come to think of it so has NVE.

T Park
03-06-2006, 12:16 PM
Id let Jon Barry bring the ball up in the playoffs before I let Beno Udrih.

I wouldn't be opposed to it.

The guy can also nail clutch threes and outside shots, IE last year VS Dallas.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-06-2006, 12:26 PM
He's mentally tough, but insanely fragile. He's missed alot of time over the last two years with the Rockets due to injury, just like the rest of their backcourt.

SenorSpur
03-06-2006, 12:35 PM
He's mentally tough, but insanely fragile. He's missed alot of time over the last two years with the Rockets due to injury, just like the rest of their backcourt.

Proof enough. He's through. Besides, we've got enough old, injury-prone players whose athletic days are behind them - if they ever had any.

We don't need anymore.

DDS4
03-06-2006, 12:36 PM
One Barry is enough.

T-Pain
03-06-2006, 02:13 PM
I just read this tidbit in the SA express and hadn't seen the possibility discussed here. There were times last year when I said we should give this guy a wig and switch him out for his brother (after the rockets were out of course.)

Link (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA030506.8C.COL.BKNmonroe.spurs.2c6b9a9.html)

Has he been injured or what? I thought he showed a lot of grit last year.

yeah lets bring in jon barry so we can have two players on the spurs that have the same name and see how cute it is to see two brothers on the same team. give me a break.

TDMVPDPOY
03-07-2006, 01:29 AM
we have problems of tryin to get rid of one barry and you wanna bring in another barry?

hey i think we can find a replacement for bruce bowen, how about eddie robinson who use to play with the bulls then traded to the knicks then disspeared from the league.

ChumpDumper
03-07-2006, 01:30 AM
Was that sarcasm?

SilverPlayer
03-07-2006, 01:32 AM
Where were all yall last year when Jon was the stabilizing force behing the Rockets last year?

Obstructed_View
03-07-2006, 01:35 AM
Where were all yall last year when Jon was the stabilizing force behing the Rockets last year?
Two words: Mike James.

T-Pain
03-07-2006, 03:10 AM
we have problems of tryin to get rid of one barry and you wanna bring in another barry?

hey i think we can find a replacement for bruce bowen, how about eddie robinson who use to play with the bulls then traded to the knicks then disspeared from the league.

yeah and have another Robinson on the spurs. itll be sooooo cool

SilverPlayer
03-07-2006, 04:42 AM
What the hell is with the attitude? T-Pain it was a question. And nobody in the thread ever said that having two Barry's on the team at the same time would be so coooool. I brought it up because Jon BArry showed some actual balls last year when Brent's seemed to shrivel.

TDMVPDPOY
03-07-2006, 07:51 AM
brent barry has problems showin up to games, wattabout joe though? same symptoms as breant?