PDA

View Full Version : what do you all think of this??

medic1
03-06-2006, 03:11 PM
I was talking sports at work and was asked my favorite sports teams. I said Spurs-nba, Cowboys-nfl, Cardinals-mlb and UT-ncaa.

My co-workers said that dallas and san antonio hate each other and any true spurs fan would not cheer for the dallas cowboys.

I said they are stupid, but then got me thinking??

what do u all say???

ChumpDumper
03-06-2006, 03:12 PM
They're stupid.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-06-2006, 03:13 PM
Very stupid.

kskonn
03-06-2006, 03:14 PM
idiots.... where did that reasoning come from????

lilmads
03-06-2006, 03:19 PM
Your co-workers are muy crazy:)

timvp
03-06-2006, 03:20 PM
They might be on to something. If you can cheer for the Cowboys, you might as well be a Mavs fan to consolidate your fandom.

:smokin

Taco
03-06-2006, 03:20 PM
COWBOYS have the D

SpursWoman
03-06-2006, 03:21 PM
So until San Antonio gets an NFL team, Spurs fans aren't supposed to like football?

Horry For 3!
03-06-2006, 03:23 PM
Favorite teams for me

NFL - Cowboys, Titans
NBA - Spurs
MLB - Astros
NCAA Football, Basketball, Baseball - Texas
NCAA Basketball - North Carolina, Texas

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-06-2006, 03:25 PM
So until San Antonio gets an NFL team, Spurs fans aren't supposed to like football?

I think San Antonians are supposed to watch old Gunslingers tapes.

SpursWoman
03-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Funny ... I have access to some homemade ones actually. Both of my sisters-in-law were Gunslinger cheerleaders. :wow :lol

Solid D
03-06-2006, 03:51 PM
I would bet at least half the households in San Antonio have at least one piece of Dallas Cowboys gear in them.

Joepa
03-06-2006, 03:53 PM
I'm a cowboys fan for the past 10 years.

I guess I'm a hypocrite.

Obstructed_View
03-06-2006, 04:04 PM
That's completely stupid. I was a Cowboys fan before I moved to San Antonio. Am I somehow not allowed to have been a Spurs fan for the last 18 years?

CubanMustGo
03-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Say what you will about Jerry Jones, but they won three championships after he bought the team. He may have a face made of plastic, but he's not a whiney-butt bitch like you-know-who.

SenorSpur
03-06-2006, 04:09 PM
Stupid

Vingianx
03-06-2006, 04:11 PM
NFL and NBA are two different experiences...
It seems that you feel more upclose to NBA players than the NFL players...

Obstructed_View
03-06-2006, 04:16 PM
Until San Antonio gets an NFL team not owned by Tom Benson or Red McCombs, I'll stick with the Cowboys.

By the way, since when do Dallas and San Antonio hate each other? I don't hate any city in Texas. I just hate Mark Cuban and all the little goose-steppers he's created.

Sec24Row7
03-06-2006, 04:18 PM

Exactly

If you must be a fan of an NFL team...Move....

It takes up 6 months of National Talk radio and Baseball takes up the other 6.

As Far as I'm concerend both those leagues should take Hockey's lead and jump off a cliff...

Obstructed_View
03-06-2006, 04:19 PM
I think San Antonians are supposed to watch old Gunslingers tapes.
I have a T shirt signed by the punter for the SA Riders. I think it's in the rag box...

Melmart1
03-06-2006, 04:24 PM
Exactly

If you must be a fan of an NFL team...Move....

It takes up 6 months of National Talk radio and Baseball takes up the other 6.

As Far as I'm concerend both those leagues should take Hockey's lead and jump off a cliff...

If you don't like football or baseball, why don't you move to an NBA-only city that has no chance of ever landing another pro sports team? Then you could leave those of us who can walk, chew gum and enjoy more than one sport at the same time alone... I hear Sacramento and Portland are lovely this time of year...

Obstructed_View
03-06-2006, 04:29 PM
If you don't like football or baseball, why don't you move to an NBA-only city that has no chance of ever landing another pro sports team?
I'm puzzled by the above sentence. Are there people in San Antonio that actually think they have an NFL team?

Viva Las Espuelas
03-06-2006, 04:29 PM
The Cowboys are the adopted team of San Antonio. A big chunk of Cowboy followers reside in San Antonio. That's why I seriously doubt we would get a team. The Cowboys would lose so much revenue. They won't go bankrupt, but they'd lose a chunk.

Sec24Row7
03-06-2006, 04:34 PM
If you don't like football or baseball, why don't you move to an NBA-only city that has no chance of ever landing another pro sports team? Then you could leave those of us who can walk, chew gum and enjoy more than one sport at the same time alone... I hear Sacramento and Portland are lovely this time of year...

Rofl...

Someone believed all that smoke Wally and Vex were blowing this year about being ready for a team.

You didnt notice that the smoke smelled funny?

Obstructed_View
03-06-2006, 04:36 PM
The Cowboys are the adopted team of San Antonio. A big chunk of Cowboy followers reside in San Antonio. That's why I seriously doubt we would get a team. The Cowboys would lose so much revenue. They won't go bankrupt, but they'd lose a chunk.
This must be an offshoot of the belief that Jerry Jones is the reason San Antonio doesn't already have a football team. If the NFL decided they wanted a team there, Jerry Jones couldn't do much about it, no matter how much he wants the SA fanbase.

Melmart1
03-06-2006, 04:37 PM
I'm puzzled by the above sentence. Are there people in San Antonio that actually think they have an NFL team?

That is not what I was saying. S24 R7 was saying that if you must be a fan of A NFL team (not specifically a San Antonio one), then to move, and that MLB and NFL should jump off a cliff.

With my reply, I was saying that if he doesn't like fans of other sports, to move somewhere that has little or no hope of ever having another franchise. This way, you have less fans of other sports to deal with. It was not meant to be taken literally.

Obstructed_View
03-06-2006, 04:45 PM
That is not what I was saying. S24 R7 was saying that if you must be a fan of A NFL team (not specifically a San Antonio one), then to move, and that MLB and NFL should jump off a cliff.

With my reply, I was saying that if he doesn't like fans of other sports, to move somewhere that has little or no hope of ever having another franchise. This way, you have less fans of other sports to deal with. It was not meant to be taken literally.
Ah. Gotcha. My mind is becoming clearer, now.

SA Gunslinger
03-06-2006, 04:46 PM
I was talking sports at work and was asked my favorite sports teams. I said Spurs-nba, Cowboys-nfl, Cardinals-mlb and UT-ncaa.

My co-workers said that dallas and san antonio hate each other and any true spurs fan would not cheer for the dallas cowboys.

I said they are stupid, but then got me thinking??

what do u all say???

I absolutely agree with your co-workers. It's the DALLAS Cowboys.

SCREW THE POKES!

SoCalSpursFan
03-06-2006, 07:48 PM
Morons.