PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio at Los Angeles

E20
03-06-2006, 09:19 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/preview;_ylt=Au31b8Xf1FQ6qTAKFGgcFG28vLYF?gid=2006 030613

San Antonio (46-12) at LA Lakers (31-29)
Game Info: 10:30 pm EST Mon Mar 6, 2006
TV: KRRT, FxW

After knocking off one of the NBA's best teams, it doesn't get any easier for Kobe Bryant and the Los Angeles Lakers.

Bryant and the Lakers will try to halt the defending NBA champion San Antonio Spurs' six-game winning streak when the clubs meet at Staples Center.

Los Angeles earned a 105-94 win over Detroit, owners of the NBA's best record, Saturday. Bryant had 40 points to lead the Lakers, who scored 18 straight points bridging the third and fourth quarters to take control.

"It was a big win for us and a win that we don't usually get, against a great team like Detroit," Bryant said. "It's probably the biggest home win of the year for us."

The Lakers received solid defense from Bryant and Kwame Brown in the win. Bryant helped limit Pistons guard Chauncey Billups to four points in the second half and Brown held Rasheed Wallace to two points after halftime.

"Kwame came in and did a great job on Rasheed, just being physical and trying not to give him any air space," Bryant said. "Some of the shots they made in the first half, they didn't make in the second half."

Of course, another big night from Bryant was also critical. He made 13 of 26 shots and all 13 free throws while being guarded primarily by Tayshaun Prince, who has had success against the Lakers superstar in the past.

Now Bryant will face another major nemesis in San Antonio defensive stopper Bruce Bowen. Bryant had one of his worst shooting games of the season the last time he faced Bowen, going 9-of-33 in a 90-84 loss Nov. 29.

The Lakers have dropped six straight regular-season games against the Spurs, including all five since the departure of Shaquille O'Neal. Although Bryant is averaging 21.3 points over his last four games against San Antonio, he is shooting only 31 percent in that stretch, and Bowen's defense has been a big factor.

Los Angeles is holding down the eighth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference.

San Antonio is beginning a difficult stretch in which it will play four games in five nights, including the first three on the road. The Spurs, battling with Dallas for the best record in the West, have managed to sweep just three of their first 10 sets of back-to-back games, and have lost the second game six times.

"We've had problems in back-to-backs -- they've been tough on us," San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich said. "I'm very concerned."

One of Popovich's concerns has been the health of Tim Duncan, as the All-Star big man has been slowed by ankle problems. Duncan scored 22 points to lead San Antonio to a 101-81 rout of Portland on Saturday.

It was the first time Duncan reached the 20-point mark since Jan. 28. He is averaging a career-low 19.1 points this season.

"I am feeling pretty good right now," Duncan said. "I am as healthy right now as I have been all season. I got a couple of shots to go down tonight and that is good because they haven't been going down lately.

yeahone
03-06-2006, 10:11 PM
lets get another 20/10 timmy

phyzik
03-06-2006, 10:18 PM
I'm suprised it isn't of TV. :depressed

:huh

http://www.spurs.com

Today's Game
Monday, 9:30pm
at Lakers
TV: NBALP, WB35

adidas11
03-06-2006, 10:23 PM
Quote: ""We've had problems in back-to-backs -- they've been tough on us," San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich said. "I'm very concerned." "

+1 The Lakers have got this one.

yeahone
03-06-2006, 10:26 PM
lol this is the first of the back to back its the game tomorriw i theink he is worried with

efrem1
03-06-2006, 10:31 PM
Fortunately, the tomorrow's game is against the CLips so the team doesn't have to travel.

yeahone
03-06-2006, 10:32 PM
lol this is the first of the back to back its the game tomorriw i theink he is worried with

phyzik
03-06-2006, 10:36 PM
Quote: ""We've had problems in back-to-backs -- they've been tough on us," San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich said. "I'm very concerned." "

+1 The Lakers have got this one.

Bowen vs Kobe.... 'nuff said. Spurs got this one.

boutons_
03-06-2006, 11:43 PM
"Bowen vs Kobe"

Kobe 8-13 in first half, probably heading for the mid 30s.