PDA

View Full Version : One of the best top 4's in NBA history?

turambar85
03-06-2006, 09:32 PM
I have been watching Boris Diaw come 1 assist shy of a triple double, then put down a solid triple the next game....now he is 11-4-8 with 7 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. If Amare comes back the same player, will the Suns have the best top 4 in history, or at least recent memory? Steve Nash is the games best pure point guard right now. Shawn Marion is one of the best forwards in the game, Boris Diaw can play across the board and has shown amazing ability lately, and Amare proved to be one of the best post players in the game last season. What does every-1 think.

yeahone
03-06-2006, 10:19 PM
can they translate that into a championship?

JamStone
03-06-2006, 10:46 PM
Walt Frazier, Earl Monroe, Willis Reed, Jerry Lucas (Dave DeBusschere, Bill Bradley too)
Bill Russell, Sam Jones, John Havlicek, Tommy Heinsohn
Bill Russell, Bob Cousy, Tommy Heinsohn, Sam Jones
Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Robert Parish, Dennis Johnson
Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, James Worthy, Michael Cooper

Don't know if you could put the current Phoenix Suns foursome in there unless they win a championship. But, it is an impressive four top players if Amare Stoudemire is anywhere close to what he was last season.

TDMVPDPOY
03-06-2006, 11:57 PM
best 4 in history?? are u on crack? they havent won shit and they will continue to do so, as long as this spurs team is still intact!

BENO UDRIH LOOMS

Obstructed_View
03-07-2006, 01:30 AM
With a healthy Amare, they aren't even the best top 4 in the western conference. Sorry.

jochhejaam
03-07-2006, 07:12 AM
With a healthy Amare, they aren't even the best top 4 in the western conference. Sorry.
You're deferring to Duncan, Parker, Ginoboli and Bowen?

A little premature with the post about Phoenix, wait until the end of the season and if they should buck the odds and win it all then you may be able to present the case for them being the best 4 for the 2006 season.

Definitely one of the best 4 on the floor though.

TDMVPDPOY
03-07-2006, 07:49 AM
best 4? get of the crack like my earlier post, that is reserved for the pistons or spurs

Obstructed_View
03-07-2006, 05:53 PM
You're deferring to Duncan, Parker, Ginoboli and Bowen?
That works. Is there really any question about it?

jochhejaam
03-07-2006, 07:42 PM
That works. Is there really any question about it?
It's definitely argueable--->Ben, Rasheed, Billups, and Rip.
Duncan>Rasheed
Ben>Bowen
Billups>Parker
Manu=Hamilton

Edge to the Pistons, case closed, lets move on. :lol

yeahone
03-07-2006, 08:28 PM
lol

thispego
03-07-2006, 08:49 PM
Duncan>Rasheed
Ben>Bowen
Billups>Parker
Manu=Hamilton

LOL :lol

Obstructed_View
03-07-2006, 10:53 PM
Duncan>Rasheed
Ben>Bowen
Billups>Parker
Manu=Hamilton

Um, since when are the Pistons in the west?

jochhejaam
03-08-2006, 04:48 AM
SouthWest MIchigan's the best I can do for ya on that one OV.

The thread's intent was to elicit an opinion on Phoenix's 4 being the best in recent history, you narrowed it to the best 4 in the WC and my nomination's based on the best 4 in the league this season.

Obstructed_View
03-08-2006, 08:24 PM
SouthWest MIchigan's the best I can do for ya on that one OV.

The thread's intent was to elicit an opinion on Phoenix's 4 being the best in recent history, you narrowed it to the best 4 in the WC and my nomination's based on the best 4 in the league this season.
Okay. My point was that, even excluding Detroit, Phoenix isn't necessarily the best in the league. You know I'm willing to put my starting 5 against yours any day of the week, but I didn't want to throw down that gauntlet in this particular thread. You and I are going to just throw our biases around anyway. :)

jochhejaam
03-08-2006, 08:32 PM
Okay. My point was that, even excluding Detroit, Phoenix isn't necessarily the best in the league.
Agreed, turambar was quite presumptuous in his thread topic

You know I'm willing to put my starting 5 against yours any day of the week, but I didn't want to throw down that gauntlet in this particular thread. You and I are going to just throw our biases around anyway. :)
true dat :)

Darrin
03-08-2006, 08:54 PM

The Detroit Pistons have spent 19 years in the NBA's Western Conference (1957-58 thru 1966-67, 1970-71 thru 1977-78). That second stint, they played in the Spurs old Division, the Midwest.

Haven't you always wondered how the Bucks won their only title over the Washington (D.C) Bullets and had another Finals showdown with the Boston Celtics?

The Detroit Red Wings still play in the Western Conference.

Obstructed_View
03-08-2006, 09:18 PM
The Detroit Pistons have spent 19 years in the NBA's Western Conference...
I said "are" not "were". :)

Darrin
03-08-2006, 09:20 PM
I said "are" not "were". :)

I tried. :)