PDA

View Full Version : Bush played the Poland card

IcemanCometh
09-30-2004, 08:35 PM
and he blew his tony blair wad all at once.

fear the mighty Polish people, that's worse than saying canada

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-30-2004, 08:42 PM
You realize that the Poles have the best special forces in the world, right?

Hardly Canada...

Guru of Nothing
09-30-2004, 08:42 PM
Bush is getting his ass whipped.

I'm sitting here laughing my ass off. I'm betting other readers are not

Yonivore
09-30-2004, 08:46 PM
Well, when Kerry is willing to stand there and lie like a dog, looking cool is the easiest part.

Just how many fucking times is he going to bring up Vietnam?

Spurminator
09-30-2004, 08:48 PM
Winning depends on the viewer. I doubt any of us could make an accurate judgement without injecting our own biases. This is the point of the year when I begin to actually care about the polls. We'll see what the public thinks of the debates.

I think both of them have been petty and predictable. Kerry has managed to make himself sound even more liberal and wishy washy, and Bush has said, maybe, 12 different words the entire debate. Both have been predictably vague.

Guru of Nothing
09-30-2004, 08:49 PM
Does you imply Bush never lies?

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-30-2004, 08:50 PM
My dad watched the first response of both, and said "this thing is going to be vague, no one's gonna answer a damn thing, and went off to watch something else."

50 minutes into this, I think I have to agree.

Guru of Nothing
09-30-2004, 08:53 PM
Winning depends on the viewer. I doubt any of us could make an accurate judgement without injecting our own biases. This is the point of the year when I begin to actually care about the polls. We'll see what the public thinks of the debates.

I think both of them have been petty and predictable. Kerry has managed to make himself sound even more liberal and wishy washy, and Bush has said, maybe, 12 different words the entire debate. Both have been predictably vague.

I do not endorse Kerry, nor Bush, but Kerry did get in a couple of kicks to the nuts. The one about troops buying their own armor for the war in Iraq sticks out. I know, it's old news, but it still had to have hurt.

blackbucket
09-30-2004, 08:55 PM
Yes but Bush came back with the "you voted against the multi-billion dollar aid package for the troops".

exstatic
09-30-2004, 08:56 PM
AHF - I knew that before it even started.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-30-2004, 08:56 PM
The one about troops buying their own armor for the war in Iraq sticks out.

Of course, it should be noted Kerry voted against the 87 billion to provide that. And Bush *did* point it out...

Kori Ellis
09-30-2004, 08:57 PM
It's been a pretty bad, unsubstantial debate. I thought they would have tried to bring their A-game.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-30-2004, 08:57 PM
ex - good point, I did too.

Shoulda called it a night when Jim said "Mr. Kerry, what SPECIFICALLY would you do to improve homeland security" and Kerry didn't even touch it for two minutes, other than to say "I'd spend more money."

Yonivore
09-30-2004, 08:59 PM
Woo Hoo! My paint is drying!!!

Guru of Nothing
09-30-2004, 09:01 PM
Of course, it should be noted Kerry voted against the 87 billion to provide that. And Bush *did* point it out...

$87 Billion for body armor?! Damn that is steep. I'm amazed that some some soldiers have been able to buy thier own wares.

Yonivore
09-30-2004, 09:04 PM
I like the way President Bush say's 'mullahs' as "mooolahs"

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-30-2004, 09:04 PM
Come on Guru, you knew what I meant... it was part of that package.

Guru of Nothing
09-30-2004, 09:05 PM
Kerry is fading.

We have to earn back the respect of other nations. Yawn.

Guru of Nothing
09-30-2004, 09:08 PM
Come on Guru, you knew what I meant... it was part of that package.

I knew exactly what you meant, but if my ass was being shot at, I would not be so understanding.

Yonivore
09-30-2004, 09:10 PM
John's got his head in the john...

http://www.harrythecat.com/graphics/E/toilet2.gif

Spurminator
09-30-2004, 09:11 PM
There it is... Kerry uses the "D" word.

SpursWoman
09-30-2004, 09:13 PM
It's been a pretty bad, unsubstantial debate. I thought they would have tried to bring their A-game.

Me, too. http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/ohwell.gif

Guru of Nothing
09-30-2004, 09:13 PM
John's got his head in the john...

So, Bush ....

Spurminator
09-30-2004, 09:14 PM
Bush is relying a bit too much on the flip-flopping card.

IcemanCometh
09-30-2004, 09:17 PM
You can't lead if you send mexicans?

Spurminator
09-30-2004, 09:18 PM
I'm surprised nobody mentioned the discrepancy (on the part of both candidates) in regards to strategy towards Iran and North Korea.

One nation, we are dealing with as a part of a coalition. The other, somewhat unilaterally. Neither candidate seems to believe we should deal with both countries in the same manner.

I wouldn't pretend to know much about what we're doing with either country, and now I'm a bit confused.

SpursWoman
09-30-2004, 09:23 PM
So, Bush ....

:smokin

spurster
09-30-2004, 09:23 PM
I think it's pretty much a tie, depending on who you believed before the debate. I think a tie helps Kerry though, makes him look more credible.

For example, on North Korea, I think Bush dropped the ball, plain and simple. During the Bush administration, NK became a nuclear power, whether we like it or not. Maybe you believe Bush on this.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-30-2004, 09:26 PM
spurster,

I disagree. Kerry says the only way to do anything (i.e., Iraq) is to get others involved, then he says we should talk to NK by ourselves.

Nothing we are going to do is going to hold NK in check. But if the largest country in the world (China), right down the street, tells you to knock it off, you're probably gonna listen.

Yonivore
09-30-2004, 09:27 PM
Are the posts getting rearranged? :pctoss

Never mind, yoni glitch...

LandShark
09-30-2004, 09:31 PM
I think a tie helps Kerry though, makes him look more credible.
Although I agree that the debate has essentially been a draw, I disagree that a tie helps Kerry. If Kerry wanted this debate to make a difference, he needed to score a solid win or at least hope that President Bush would commit a major gaffe. Neither of those things happened.

exstatic
09-30-2004, 09:35 PM

At least he didn't say "mullets". :elephant

Yonivore
09-30-2004, 09:37 PM
Although I agree that the debate has essentially been a draw, I disagree that a tie helps Kerry. If Kerry wanted this debate to make a difference, he needed to score a solid win or at least hope that President Bush would commit a major gaffe. Neither of those things happened.
I agree, Kerry needed a home run or a fielding error and got neither. That leaves the status quo, Bush leading going into the election...

One down, two to go.

Yonivore
09-30-2004, 09:37 PM

At least he didn't say "mullets". :elephant
"mooolahs" sounds better with "nuculer"

spurster
09-30-2004, 09:45 PM
A lot of Bush's campaign is based on painting Kerry as half-crazy in some way. The more reasonable Kerry looks, the more that helps Kerry.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-30-2004, 09:47 PM
On the same foot, the Kerry people are trying to paint Bush as being aloof, misguided, and not caring about the world.

As much as Kerry hammered that we should treat NK unilaterally, people have to be wondering what's up with that.

Yonivore
A lot of Bush's campaign is based on painting Kerry as half-crazy in some way. The more reasonable Kerry looks, the more that helps Kerry.
Nah, people have seen too many crazies that look normal and even reasonable. I mean, look at Al Gore.

Spurminator
Kerry did teeter on the edge of leftist Wacko a couple of times tonight...

Stay away from Halliburton, John. Just don't go there.

Yonivore
09-30-2004, 09:49 PM
Kerry did teeter on the edge of leftist Wacko a couple of times tonight...

Stay away from Halliburton, John. Just don't go there.
And, his rant on nuclear non-proliferation approached the position of unilateral disarmament. Yikes! Scary stuff...

Marcus Bryant
09-30-2004, 10:26 PM
Kerry was the one who needed a clear victory in this debate. Bush only needed to hold his own. This was Kerry's last chance to turn this election around. This debate was focused exclusively on the issues of national security and leadership. Again, part of the problem is that the Left has spent the last 3 years or so telling us how horrible and stupid a man is Bush.

Nbadan
10-01-2004, 01:47 PM
http://www.youforgotpoland.com/poland.jpg

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((gong))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))

Wrong!

http://www.piratevideo.tv/IMG/confesschuck_d.jpg

Please take a seat or ask John Kerry for the correct answer!!

Marcus Bryant
10-01-2004, 01:50 PM
danny boy do you have a clue as to why the US might find Poland significant?

Nbadan
10-01-2004, 01:51 PM
who cares it's Poland

lol

Marcus Bryant
10-01-2004, 01:52 PM
Oh so Eastern Europe is not significant despite the fact it's one of the most pro-American parts of Europe.

LandShark
10-01-2004, 01:53 PM
who cares it's Poland

lol
Sincerely,

Franklin Roosevelt - 1945

LandShark
10-01-2004, 01:54 PM
Oh so Eastern Europe is not significant despite the fact it's one of the most pro-American parts of Europe.
That's why Danny thinks its insignificant.

Hook Dem
10-01-2004, 02:32 PM
who cares it's Poland

lol
Danny doesn't care because there are no terrorists there to "love". Your true colors are showing Dan! :flipoff

Nbadan
10-01-2004, 04:35 PM
Poland would not have even been in the coalition if Saddam didn't owe them millions of dollars. Besides, the Poles would have left Iraq yesterday if it was their decision alone to make.

Marcus Bryant
10-01-2004, 04:48 PM
Then why weren't the French and Russians a part of the coalition?

Nbadan
10-01-2004, 04:51 PM
...but yet Halliburton was...humm...

scott
10-01-2004, 07:04 PM
I'm more interested in seeing what happens when I post in this new forum than actually participating in this discussion. Please ignore me.

Ps: Does anyone have my Scott in 2004 signature saved by any chance?

Kori Ellis
10-01-2004, 07:09 PM
Isn't this your signature URL?

http://home.ripway.com/2004-2/71021/scott1c.gif

scott
10-01-2004, 08:00 PM
Yes, thank you. I don't know who's website that is, but thanks for hosting that.

spurster
10-01-2004, 08:58 PM
Good thing Bush played the Poland card while it was still good!

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/front/2004/0420/3783682793HM1SCALLY.html

Poland planning pull-out of troops from Iraq
Derek Scally, in Warsaw

Poland is planning to withdraw its troops from Iraq in the coming months, dealing another blow to the US-led coalition forces there.

The revelation yesterday by a senior government adviser that Poland's 2,500 soldiers would leave Iraq comes just a day after the new Spanish Prime Minister, Mr José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero, announced the pull-out of Spanish troops "as soon as possible".

President Bush reacted to the Spanish decision by accusing Mr Zapatero yesterday of giving "false comfort to terrorists \ enemies of freedom in Iraq".

The White House spokesman, Mr Scott McClellan, said that in a five-minute telephone call to Mr Zapatero, Mr Bush also urged Spain's withdrawal to "take place in a co-ordinated manner that does not put at risk other coalition forces in Iraq". Spain said last night its troops would be out within six to eight weeks.

A senior adviser to the Polish government confirmed to The Irish Times that Warsaw's decision had been influenced by the Spanish move. "Given the circumstances [in Iraq], we will probably diminish significantly the forces at the end of 2004," said Prof Tadeusz Iwinski, secretary of state for international affairs in the office of the prime minister.

Questioned further by The Irish Times, he said: "It is much easier to send troops in than to withdraw them, but we will probably do it at the end of 2004 or the start of 2005."

As well as 2,500 soldiers, Poland commands a 9,000-strong division of troops from 24 nations, including 1,300 Spanish soldiers. Poland and Spain had worked closely as both political and military allies over Iraq.

A spokesman for the Ministry of Defence in Warsaw was unable to comment. However, indicating evident confusion within the government, the Polish President, Mr Aleksander Kwasniewski, was quoted yesterday pledging to keep Polish soldiers in Iraq. He bemoaned the Spanish decision to withdraw and said he hoped that the Latin American members of the coalition would keep their troops in Iraq.

But last night there were signs that this would not happen. El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua provided 900 troops to the Spanish-speaking Plus Ultra Brigade which was headed by Spain. Honduras said it would definitely withdraw its 400 troops. Nicaragua has already pulled out by not replacing its 115 troops because of a lack of funds.

The US State Department spokesman, Mr Richard Boucher, insisted that El Salvador was "holding fast", as he put it.

According to the Associated Press, Albania, a predominantly Muslim country, has told the US it is prepared to send more non-combat troops to Iraq, on top of the 71-member contingent already there, in the northern city of Mosul, under US command.

© The Irish Times

Marcus Bryant
10-01-2004, 09:54 PM
John Kerry would be proud.

Uncle Donnie
10-01-2004, 11:13 PM
Yeah seriously. Let's fucking celebrate. :rolleyes

ChumpDumper
10-02-2004, 01:09 AM
Joining late -- do we make fun of Poland now? Are we supposed to flip or flop?

Nbadan
10-02-2004, 01:48 AM
do we make fun of Poland now? Are we supposed to flip or flop?

:rollin

That's a good question. IMO we will all find out from Rush Limpballs Monday morning.

Eh, what the hell, fuck the Poles!