PDA

View Full Version : Damn the Lakers are dirty

RobinsontoDuncan
03-07-2006, 12:45 AM
Jesus, if you cant beat 'em, beat 'em up?

RobinsontoDuncan
03-07-2006, 12:51 AM
I think Smush ought to get suspended for that hit on Duncan, cold thuggery--the same for Lamar Odom

timvp
03-07-2006, 12:55 AM
Smush accidentally hit Tim and I don't think that was flagrant by Odom. Odom got ball.

Solid D
03-07-2006, 12:55 AM
I didn't think Smush hit Duncan on purpose. Odom had a hard foul but I've seen worse.

Kori Ellis
03-07-2006, 12:57 AM
Odom was obviously going for the ball, he just hit Tony so hard with his body that Tony lost all his breath.

Tony had to cough while he was lying on the ground to start breathing again :lol

ShoogarBear
03-07-2006, 12:58 AM
Neither was intentional.

SequSpur
03-07-2006, 01:01 AM
I think the Lakers should be banned to the WNBA.

Maybe they can something again.

slayermin
I don't think it was a flagrant either. TP fell weird.

I think everyone knows I hate Kobe with a passion, but he was unbelievable tonight.

TDMVPDPOY
Odom was obviously going for the ball, he just hit Tony so hard with his body that Tony lost all his breath.

Tony had to cough while he was lying on the ground to start breathing again :lol

That was all acting, he learnt sumthing from eva

Trainwreck2100
I think it was a flagrant on Odum because he went in there with too much reckless abandon.

reader
03-07-2006, 01:15 AM
I was worried that Tony had hurt his shoulder, because of the way he fell.

boutons_
03-07-2006, 01:16 AM
Lamar's hit was what is called "putting a body on someone".
He got the ball as well as the body. Tony lungs felt it and he was coughing on the floor.

Tony bounced right back and drove on the next possession or two.

T-Pain
03-07-2006, 03:11 AM
smush sucks

Solid D
03-07-2006, 03:16 AM
Well, it was just a terrific response by Tony Parker after getting the breath knocked out of him to get up and immediately drive and kick to Finley for 3. Then Pop had Manu run the offense the next several trips and Tony stepped up and knocked down 3 straight jumpshots (at least 18 footers) when Kobe was nailing those 3s trying his best to make a comeback. Parker was as tough as nails tonight.

kris
03-07-2006, 03:19 AM
The Lakers didn't do anything wrong on those plays. Tony should have got two free throws - nothing more. Tim should have got up without an ambulance.

phyzik
03-07-2006, 03:24 AM
http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=19584

krinkx
03-07-2006, 03:37 AM
c'mon... basketball is a physical game... look at bowen... he's so physical but we do enjoy it... :)

FreshPrince22
03-07-2006, 03:38 AM
Odom's shouldn't have even been a flagrant. The league has just gotten so damn Charmin soft it's not even funny. Didn't see the other though.

CubanMustGo
03-07-2006, 03:41 AM
http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=19584

What a bunch of whiners ...

slayermin
03-07-2006, 03:42 AM
Odom's shouldn't have even been a flagrant. The league has just gotten so damn Charmin soft it's not even funny. Didn't see the other though.

I think most of the Spurs Fans here would say it wasn't a flagrant foul. But TP did fall pretty hard. I don't think Parker was acting or exaggerating the contact. He was just knocked off balance. Odom is a pretty big dude.

ChumpDumper
03-07-2006, 03:52 AM
Parker was off-balanced when he was hit, so what do you think is supposed to happen?One wonders what balance Tony could have in mid-air.

Parker still got in the lane at will afterwards. Either he learned no lesson or none was taught.

T Park
03-07-2006, 03:54 AM
the Parker foul was clearly NOT a flagrant.

bad call by the zebras on that one.

ChumpDumper
03-07-2006, 03:55 AM
You can call a flagrant on any excessive contact. That one could go either way.

MajicMan
03-07-2006, 04:54 AM
Jesus, if you cant beat 'em, beat 'em up?

Ooohhhhh SHUT THE FUCK UP! Are you that fucken retarded that you think Smush poked Timmy's eye on purpose? If he really wanted to he would have used two fingers Three Stooges technique and got both his eyeballs :rolleyes . Lamar went for the ball fucker nut. That was not even close to dirty. Either this is a joke or you're just a fucken retard. I'm assuming the latter.

ShoogarBear
03-07-2006, 06:01 AM
Odom's wasn't a flagrant.

But of course, if Rasho had done that to Kobe, it would have been a 25-shot flagrant and suspension of the Spurs starting lineup for 10 games.

Solid D
03-07-2006, 06:10 AM
That play and call didn't lose the game for the Lakers, nor win the game for the Spurs. Maybe the 36 point 3rd quarter did, but not that hard foul. I don't think it was a flagrant foul. Like I said before, Odom had a hard foul but I've seen worse.

Parker responded by staying in there and knocking down shots, but I'm pretty sure he'll be sore this morning getting out of bed.

BAGUIO_BOYKR
03-07-2006, 06:50 AM
:lol WHAT?! IS THERE ANY DIRTY FINGERS IN L.A? HUH! LOL! WE'LL LETS HORRY BITE THEM IN OUR NEXT GAME. HEHEHE...GO SPURS GO!

leemajors
03-07-2006, 08:50 AM
On another note, I think Kwame has proven he can man-up against TD. There's absolutely no need to double-team the guy. But then again, maybe that's just me.

how could you guys miss that part of the first post there?
hahahah

RobinsontoDuncan
03-07-2006, 09:31 AM
I'll be honest, I heard the game online, so i didnt see either call, but the way the people calling the game described those hits, they sounded really dirty. It's not like the lakers dont have a history of fouling Tony really hard to try to get him out of the lane, dont you remember the 2004 semis? The refs wouldnt give tony a call and Karl Malone just clobbered him.

Joepa
03-07-2006, 09:59 AM
Ooohhhhh SHUT THE FUCK UP! Are you that fucken retarded that you think Smush poked Timmy's eye on purpose? If he really wanted to he would have used two fingers Three Stooges technique and got both his eyeballs :rolleyes . Lamar went for the ball fucker nut. That was not even close to dirty. Either this is a joke or you're just a fucken retard. I'm assuming the latter.

Take your gold and purple glasses off.

God Laker fans cry a lot.

SenorSpur
03-07-2006, 10:51 AM
When watching the replays you'll notice Odom's use of his left forearm that hit Tony under his shooting arm. This delivered as much of a blow as Odom's full-on body contact. I'm surprised no one brought that up.

Solid D
03-07-2006, 11:02 AM
The crowd was cheering after the foul and Sean Elliott and Dick Stockton doing the TV broadcast were saying I can't believe they are cheering and not thinking it was foul. Elliott and Stockton both commented how TP was just plowed over with a hard foul and that Tony had landed hard.

I will tell you that I thought the crowd was cheering because they were collectively saying via their cheers..."it's about time somebody punished Tony for his drives down the lane".

ShoogarBear
03-07-2006, 11:07 AM
I will tell you that I thought the crowd was cheering because they were collectively saying via their cheers..."it's about time somebody punished Tony for his drives down the lane".

Absolutely. I'm sure that lots of opposing crowds have been wishing for the same thing this year after seeing TP slice them up.

MoSpur
03-07-2006, 11:09 AM
IfI were Tony, I would wear some spikes near my rib cage area. That way if someone decides to put their forearm near my ribs, they get the spikes.

MoSpur
03-07-2006, 11:09 AM
By the way, I'm kidding. ^^^^

1Parker1
03-07-2006, 11:11 AM
If Spurs end up playing Pistons in the Finals, I am sure that the same will happen to Tony then. Physical teams/defensive teams won't stand letting continous layups into their lanes.

101A
03-07-2006, 11:26 AM
... he learnt sumthing from eva

and how to act...
:hat

smeagol
03-07-2006, 11:27 AM
No flagrant and Smush's eye pocking was not on purpose.

I watched the feed from LA and the commentators where pretty decent (not homers).

MajicMan
03-07-2006, 11:57 AM
Take your gold and purple glasses off.

God Laker fans cry a lot.

Am I the one crying stupid? A Spurs fan started this thread.

samikeyp
03-07-2006, 12:10 PM
Relax peeps. Smush did not smush Timmy's face on purpose and Odom's foul was IMO a foul but not a flagrant. On the same tip, I don't think (as some of our LA friends do) that TP was milking the foul. He got the wind knocked out of him. He came back and hit two straight jumpers, which is exactly what you need to do. Can we just enjoy the win? :smokin

pache100
03-07-2006, 12:18 PM
Can we just enjoy the win? :smokin

http://i2.tinypic.com/qy7ofk.gif

SpursWoman
03-07-2006, 03:47 PM
Absolutely. I'm sure that lots of opposing crowds have been wishing for the same thing this year after seeing TP slice them up.

That's what I thought about it. Someone should tell them many have tried that same technique and failed. :lol

Speaking of shoulder pads, what was that Mihm had under his jersey? :wtf

boutons_
03-07-2006, 04:20 PM
What Lamar did to Tony is what people here were apparently expecting from bangers/enforcers like Tony Massenburg and Kevin Willis as Spurs.

"No easy layups", esp in the playoffs.

When somebody is killing you in the paint like Tony or Manu do, a little intimidation to provoke their timidity about driving could be the difference in a game or series.

I would have preferred Tony to hit his 2 FTs and come back right away driving,
but within 2 minutes of the PF, Tony hit 3 jumprs.

4:51 Odom Foul: Flagrant Type 1 (1 PF)
4:06 W. Parker Jump Shot: Made (17 PTS) Assist: Ginobili (2 AST)
3:23 W. Parker Jump Shot: Made (19 PTS) Assist: Finley (1 AST)
2:45 W. Parker Jump Shot: Made (21 PTS)

Solid D
03-07-2006, 04:24 PM
boutons, don't forget that Tony immediately drove all the way after the inbounds and then kicked out to the left wing to Finley for a 3, to make it a good trip. You won't see that on the Game log...but you WILL see that if you watched the game.

picnroll
03-07-2006, 04:28 PM
Parker made that drive and kick and then Spurs purposely looked for him for a little payback and he hit trhee mid range shots to cut the Lakers' hearts out. I think if the Lakers wanted to send a message Parker delivered his own.

grjr
03-07-2006, 04:28 PM
I seem to remember that the very next play after getting knocked down Tony drove in again but kicked to a wide open Finley in the left corner for a 3. I could be wrong though.

Edit: Too late I see. :elephant

boutons_
03-07-2006, 04:36 PM
OK, I thought I remembered that he drove very soon after the FF, but of course it's not on the pbp.

Solid D
03-07-2006, 04:41 PM
Manu entered the offense 2 or 3 times after that 3-pointer by Finley and in one of those possessions, Parker asked for the ball and Manu motioned him to a different spot, then Manu ran the play that would end up in TP's hands for one of his 3 18 footers. It was either Manu's or Pop's decision to switch.

Finally, on TP's last jumper as I recall, TP had the ball at the top and ran high screen/roll and as the Lakers switched underneath and sagged, TP took the gift jumper from the rt. wing.

You know - Tony will continue to drive to the basket more this year than ever before because the Spurs' plays are designed more strategically to pick off the help defender nearest the dotted semi-circle. That is, of course, provided he can get past the first line of defense.

FromWayDowntown
03-07-2006, 04:44 PM
my bad. never mind

implacable44
03-07-2006, 04:58 PM
I didnt see the game - how did kobe go 17 for 32 and who was TRYING to guard him?

Solid D
03-07-2006, 05:01 PM
You know - Tony will continue to drive to the basket more this year than ever before because the Spurs' plays are designed more strategically to pick off the help defender nearest the dotted semi-circle. That is, of course, provided he can get past the first line of defense.

Clarification, when the Spurs have 2 Bigs and don't go with their Small lineup, the Spurs have plays designed to pick off or seal the help defender. When the Spurs go Small, like they did in the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter versus the Lakers, the Spurs leave Tony unprotected on screen/rolls more often with the other 3 shooters spreading the floor on the edge.

leemajors
03-07-2006, 05:03 PM
I didnt see the game - how did kobe go 17 for 32 and who was TRYING to guard him?

kobe hit 4 3s in a row late in the 4th, he was hot. no one can guard him that well when he is on. quit rehashing your pointless rhetoric about bowen not being a great defender.

Solid D
03-07-2006, 05:04 PM

Kobe was defended by Bruce but at the end of the game when Kobe went nuts, the Lakers kept running the side screen/rolls and Nazr was sloppy soft on his hedges so Bowen was only able to trail off Kobe's hip following the screen.

grjr
03-07-2006, 05:32 PM
Kobe was defended by Bruce but at the end of the game when Kobe went nuts, the Lakers kept running the side screen/rolls and Nazr was sloppy soft on his hedges so Bowen was only able to trail off Kobe's hip following the screen.

Those were far from wide open threes though. I couldn't believe they kept going in.

Obstructed_View
03-07-2006, 06:10 PM
They called a flagrant when Joe Johnson hung on the rim and landed on his face. Fortunately they have enough fudge room in there that a non-dirty player won't end up missing a game over an iffy call. Odom probably won't get another flagrant this year.

implacable44
03-07-2006, 07:56 PM
kobe hit 4 3s in a row late in the 4th, he was hot. no one can guard him that well when he is on. quit rehashing your pointless rhetoric about bowen not being a great defender.

is it pointless? and besides - i have already conceded bowen plays great D in this system - I jus dont wear silver and black glasses and think he can lock people up like some folks on the board. he plays great d, in a remarkable team defensive system and benefits from Tim being behind him

samikeyp
03-07-2006, 08:48 PM
The Lakers did the right thing by bouncing Bruce off of screens. When Bowen was in Kobe's face he didn't do so well. By Kobe's own admission, Bruce defends him the best. Nobody is going to ever truly lock Kobe down but Bruce does a better job than most.

TDMVPDPOY
03-07-2006, 09:38 PM
bruce shouldve slide his feet under him :D

kalikot_boy_kr
03-09-2006, 08:22 AM
:lol :lol bruce lee!! :lol

TDMVPDPOY
03-09-2006, 09:22 AM
if only beno was 6'8 > kome

bigfish22
03-09-2006, 03:57 PM
One of the scariest pictures I've ever taken...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a141/bigfish22/DSC02071.jpg

missmyzte
03-09-2006, 04:24 PM
Speaking of shoulder pads, what was that Mihm had under his jersey? :wtf
Mihm has hurt his shoulder a few times this year, it's padding and support so he doesn't seriously injury it.

boutons_
03-09-2006, 06:33 PM
Mihms "pads" looked thinner than most girls falsies. :lol

I couldn't imagine how something so thin and non-supporting could prevent any kind of injury. Maybe it's a placebo. :lol

ChumpDumper
03-09-2006, 06:34 PM
I was going to ask why he stole the shoulder pads from his mom's dress.

boutons_
03-09-2006, 06:35 PM
"One of the scariest pictures I've ever taken..."

Tim is such a drama queen.

He even got kidded and questioned last year when he was writhing around on the floor like his anke was twisted 360 and then got up finished the game. :lol

I think he over-compensates for his boringness by playing the injury melodrama to the hilt.

Dunc
03-09-2006, 07:52 PM
Tim almost seems to be in the fetal position there.

Sasha
03-09-2006, 10:12 PM

This is one of the most intelligent responses I've ever read. :rolleyes

MajicMan
03-09-2006, 11:28 PM
This is one of the most intelligent responses I've ever read. :rolleyes

fuck you

v2freak
03-09-2006, 11:59 PM
That's just the way Smush Parker plays defense. Seems kind of nonsensical to try to poke the ball out of the hands of a 7 footer when he's holding it up above his head.

Like I said, that's just the way Smush Parker plays defense