PDA

View Full Version : Did you hear about the massacre...

Yonivore
09-30-2004, 08:44 PM
...at the Najaf fortress...uh, shrine, where Muqtada al Sadr holed up last month? No? Me either.

Iraq missions that work out are missing from mainstream media

End of the article:

"'The Najaf shrine — HUNDREDS of dead women and children were brought out after Sadr left,' Rose wrote. 'They (Sadr's supporters) rounded them up during the battle and brought them in to be executed. Why? Because they anticipated the Americans would eventually enter the shrine and walk into a media ambush. We never went in. The people of Najaf love us right now because of that. They hate Sadr and want him dead.'"

'''Have you heard that one yet (in the media)?'''

"No we haven't. We just get one side. That's bad journalism — by a news media acting in concert with Kerry."

Hook Dem
09-30-2004, 09:02 PM
Not surprising at all and sooner or later, this kind of censorship will cause the media to crumble!

Nbadan
10-01-2004, 01:46 AM
No link?

Eh, more Right-wing propaganda. There were reports of of bodies found in the Najaf Mosque after Al-Sadr left. Many feared a massacre had happened, but after closer study it was found that all of the deceased had been killed in the battle of Najaf. No massacre, no story.

Marcus Bryant
10-01-2004, 07:15 AM
Please, more left-wing material with no link. Then you might have a point.

LandShark
10-01-2004, 10:00 AM
No link?

Eh, more Right-wing propaganda.
Irony, thy name is Danny. :lol

Yonivore
10-01-2004, 12:46 PM
No link?
It wasn't intentional...I tried to link it. Getting used to the new forum and its coding. If I can dig the article back up, I'll link to it.

Kori Ellis
10-01-2004, 12:51 PM
Here's the link.

http://www.tennessean.com/opinion/columnists/chavez/archives/04/09/58605956.shtml

Hook Dem
10-01-2004, 02:53 PM
Here's the link.

http://www.tennessean.com/opinion/columnists/chavez/archives/04/09/58605956.shtml
Well, what do you say now Dan?....besides dismissing it!

Nbadan
10-01-2004, 03:32 PM
First of all, it wasn't hundreds of bodies, it was a few bodies (<100), and...

Sadr's office insisted that the bodies had been been taken to the basement earlier in the day as militiamen took advantage of the lull in the fighting to clear the front line of those who had fallen in battle.
That version of events was at least partially corroborated by two press photographers who saw Sadr fighters clearing corpses from buildings around Tusi and Sadeq Streets and carrying them off in the direction of the court building.
The Courier Mail (http://www.couriermail.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,10594362%255E1702,00.html)

Marcus Bryant
10-01-2004, 03:59 PM
Just a "few", that's all.

Nbadan
10-01-2004, 04:03 PM
Just a "few", that's all.
:rolleyes

I'm sure if we gave them a few smart bombs they could do better.

Marcus Bryant
10-01-2004, 04:17 PM
That's right. Perhaps Sadr will win this for John Kerry yet.

JoeChalupa
10-01-2004, 04:21 PM
From what Dubya said last night, things are going well in Iraq.

Marcus Bryant
10-01-2004, 04:28 PM
According to John Kerry things aren't going well in Iraq but it isn't a mistake though it was. He thought Hussein was a threat but he wasn't really a threat. He was for X before he was against X. He thinks that America must submit to a global test before defending this nation but he would not hesitate to defend this country no matter what. He wants to engage in both multilateral and bilateral talks with the North Koreans, etc...

Opinionater
10-01-2004, 04:47 PM
IMHO, you are one ramblin' man.

Marcus Bryant
10-01-2004, 04:49 PM
Just paraphrasing JFK, that's all.

T Park
10-02-2004, 01:17 AM
If Bush flip flopped like that, they would call him a moron, unintelligent, not bright, blah blah blah.

Why is it OK for Kerry, but Bush is considered a moron.

Where is the objective bi partisan liberals on that?

Nbadan
10-02-2004, 01:42 AM
W doesn't have to flip-flop when all he has to do is distort what you say. For instance, when the President said...

"And I hope it‘s as soon aspossible. But I know putting artificial deadlines won‘t work. My opponent at one time said, 'Well, get me elected, I‘ll have them out of there in six months.' You can‘t do that and expect to win the war on terror."

Well, it sounds nice, trouble is, Kerry never said it. Here is what Kerry did say...

If the President would move in this direction … if he would bring in more help from other countries to provide resources and forces … train the Iraqis to provide their own security …develop a reconstruction plan that brings real benefits to the Iraqi people … and take the steps necessary to hold credible elections next year … we could begin to withdraw U.S. forces starting next summer and realistically aim to bring all our troops home within the next four years.

Somewhat different isn't it?

Yonivore
10-02-2004, 09:09 AM
First of all, it wasn't hundreds of bodies, it was a few bodies (<100), and...

The Courier Mail (http://www.couriermail.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,10594362%255E1702,00.html)
Yeah, I'm gonna believe Muqtada al Sader and the press that hang around with him before I believe a U.S. Marine. :flipoff

Nbadan
10-02-2004, 01:11 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna believe Muqtada al Sader and the press that hang around with him before I believe a U.S. Marine

Marine of not this man is wrong. The only real massacre that occured in Najaf was the massacre of U.S. moral authority in this war.

Yonivore
10-02-2004, 01:28 PM
Marine of not this man is wrong. The only real massacre that occured in Najaf was the massacre of U.S. moral authority in this war.
I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were standing there with him.

Nbadan
10-02-2004, 01:31 PM
Didn't have to. News source after news source has reported the same thing.

Don't you think this would have been made big news by the Neocons if there was any shred of truth to it?

Yonivore
10-02-2004, 01:43 PM
There's a lot of news not making it out of Iraq.

Nbadan
10-02-2004, 01:52 PM
There's a lot of news not making it out of Iraq.

I agree. W is doing all he can to make the news coming out of Iraq fit his red,white and blue-colored glasses prospective.

Yonivore
10-02-2004, 01:56 PM
I agree. W is doing all he can to make the news coming out of Iraq fit his red,white and blue-colored glasses prospective.
Yeah, that would explain why we only hear about the bad stuff.

Nbadan
10-02-2004, 02:08 PM
Yeah, that would explain why we only hear about the bad stuff.

With recontruction brought to a virtual standstill because of rampant bombings, shootings and kidnappings all there is is bad news, and if we are to believe CIA reports of the region, this war is gonna get a lot nastier sooner rather than later.

Yonivore
10-02-2004, 03:53 PM
With recontruction brought to a virtual standstill because of rampant bombings, shootings and kidnappings all there is is bad news, and if we are to believe CIA reports of the region, this war is gonna get a lot nastier sooner rather than later.
Reconstruction has gone unabated in all but 3 densely populated regions near Baghdad.

Bombing, shootins, and kidnappings aren't rampant but confined to three densely populated regions near Baghdad.

The CIA report -- to which I assume you're referring -- was written in July and based on intelligence gathered in the Spring.

You have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

Nbadan
10-02-2004, 03:58 PM
Right, and the U.S. losing soldiers at an ever esculating rate in Iraq is just a statistical anomoly. Allawi and W can deceive the American people about the growingly dire situation in Iraq, but they can't hide the ever growing numbers of bodies of U.S. servicemen coming back from Iraq.

Marcus Bryant
10-02-2004, 04:03 PM
Nbadan has no problem trading on the deaths of American soldiers for political gain. Too bad that the Democrats are unable to hide from their concerns about Hussein when Clinton was in office. But it's all good. So long as they regain control of the American government so that they can project appeasement and weakness abroad and receive handouts at home. Plus they get to stick it to "the rich"! Fuck them.

Yonivore
10-02-2004, 04:06 PM
Right, and the U.S. losing soldiers at an ever esculating rate in Iraq is just a statistical anomoly. Allawi and W can deceive the American people about the growingly dire situation in Iraq, but they can't hide the ever growing numbers of bodies of U.S. servicemen coming back from Iraq.
The rate at which U.S. Soldiers are dying is directly related to the increase in U.S. activity against the terrorists -- in THREE distinct areas of operation. They're soldiers for Pete's sake!

Marcus Bryant
10-02-2004, 04:09 PM
So we must not act due to the prospect of American military KIAs but we must wait until we have American civilian deaths in order to act?

Yonivore
10-02-2004, 04:11 PM
So we must not act due to the prospect of American military KIAs but we must wait until we have American civilian deaths in order to act?
Even when we do that, September 11th is in the past, people like Nbadanallah start whining...

Nbadan
10-02-2004, 04:18 PM
Nbadan has no problem trading on the deaths of American soldiers for political gain.

And Marcus and Yonivore have no qualms about nuking whomever gets in the way of U.S. interests in the region. That is the mentality dominating this adminstration.

Marcus Bryant
10-02-2004, 04:57 PM
Um no I have not advocated pre-emptive nuclear attacks you will have to try to find some real criticism for a change little nutjob.

Yonivore
10-02-2004, 06:21 PM
And Marcus and Yonivore have no qualms about nuking whomever gets in the way of U.S. interests in the region. That is the mentality dominating this adminstration.
If that were truly the case, we'd of already nuked someone.

Nbadan
10-03-2004, 04:30 AM
Nbadan has no problem trading on the deaths of American soldiers for political gain. Too bad that the Democrats are unable to hide from their concerns about Hussein when Clinton was in office. But it's all good. So long as they regain control of the American government so that they can project appeasement and weakness abroad and receive handouts at home.

What the hell is wrong with you? It's OK for W. to hand out entitlements and try to appease everyone to try and get re-elected, but when a democrat cuts entitlement programs and balances the budget all of the sudden its the democrats looking for handouts from the rich? Marcus either only thinks with the right side of his brain or he really needs to lay off the right-wing radio and Fox news for awhile.

I don't have to use death to win arguments. Unlike certain people who are far to eager to post the grisly details or even live action shots of the latest hostage beheadings.