PDA

View Full Version : Jackson's Challenge

Russ
03-07-2006, 01:35 AM
I was watching the LA broadcast of Phil Jackson's postgame press conference. No matter how shaky his team, PJ just can't resist the needle -- this time on the Spurs' three point shooting:

This [the Spurs] is not a team that's always been shooting at that level. So we'll see Friday night if they can shoot at the same level with the three point shots.

Should be an interesting rematch.

Tomorrow, it's off to Staples to see the Spurs-Clips. :)

slayermin
03-07-2006, 01:36 AM
I was watching the LA broadcast of Phil Jackson's postgame press conference. No matter how shaky his team, PJ just can't resist the needle -- this time on the Spurs' three point shooting:

Should be an interesting rematch.

Tomorrow, it's off to Staples to see the Spurs-Clips. :)

:lol Russ.

I saw that too. But if the Spurs can shoot like that in Staples, imagine what they can do in the AT&T.

timvp
03-07-2006, 01:40 AM
Just be thankful Hedo isn't around to miss wide open threes.

TDMVPDPOY
03-07-2006, 01:43 AM
Does he ever respect us for every win?

cant wait to beat them again and see the fakers not holdin onto that 8th spot, even they make it, it better to see the spurs sweep the faker team in the first round.

boutons_
03-07-2006, 01:43 AM
Very true, Phil. Brings back memories of Bruce's 7 3Gs in the 03 Playoffs?? :lol

What's also true, Phil, about Friday night, is that the Lakers are not at team that's been winning on the road this season. 14 -18.

And Spurs are not a team that's been losing at home this season. 26 - 3

So we'll see about all this Friday night, won't we, Phil?

LilMissSPURfect
03-07-2006, 01:44 AM
62% shooting just to shut him the F*ck UP

slayermin
03-07-2006, 01:45 AM
Does he ever respect us for every win?

cant wait to beat them again and see the fakers not holdin onto that 8th spot, even they make it, it better to see the spurs sweep the faker team in the first round.

Yep. The Lakers, overall, are inexperienced in big games. The Spurs need to be focused against them like tonight. You don't want to give them a sliver of confidence because Phyllis could turn that into some Notre Dame bullsheyitt.

ShoogarBear
03-07-2006, 06:05 AM
There's no way the Spurs will be able to shoot threes like that on Friday. That Horry guy will be off suspension.

SouthernFried
03-07-2006, 06:39 AM
What a great coach Phil is...sometimes the Spurs need a little motivation. Thanks dude.

Solid D
03-07-2006, 07:17 AM
Phil's defense gave the Spurs the open shots from the outside. They were pressuring the ball as the Spurs were trying to enter the offense and then collapsing the lane to defend the drives by TP and Manu. All the Spurs had to do was find the open man for the shot.

What Phil said is true. The Spurs don't usually knock down that many 3s. The 2nd half the Spurs set a franchise record for 3s made in a half with 10.

Rummpd
03-07-2006, 08:11 AM
Fine, Duncan can just pound it inside like he was doing with impunity except this time maybe he will get a few calls.

I also guarantee Kobe will not go for 43 again against BB.

exstatic
03-07-2006, 08:53 AM
Jackson is an ass, a fact that is now more exposed than ever as the Fakeshow struggles to make the playoffs. I would love nothing more than to see one of their pursuers haul them down from behind and force them out of the playoffs, but I doubt Stern would allow that.

boutons_
03-07-2006, 09:09 AM
"Phil's defense gave the Spurs the open shots from the outside"

Worked beautifully for 4 straight W vs Spurs in the 04 playoffs! :)

picnroll
03-07-2006, 09:16 AM
Jacksn has built his entire defensive scheme against the Spurs on hoping they can't make their outside shots. It's worked in the past like in 2004.

Extra Stout
03-07-2006, 09:22 AM
Phil has made a fallacious assumption, i.e. that the Spurs can only beat him one way, in this case with three-point shooting.

If the Spurs aren't hitting from the perimeter like they were last night, they still have a variety of other ways they can beat the Lakers.

TDMVPDPOY
03-07-2006, 09:25 AM
Seriously i wont even take the rematch seriously since it will be a b2b game with suns the day b4 it. we probaly be to fatigue to take the fakers serious, and who knows kome mite go for 50pts so the fakerfans can go brag about them being title contenders beatin us on a game where we played 4 games in 5 days, same shit with the pistons loss.

Medvedenko
03-07-2006, 09:51 AM
The Lakers will lose again on Friday...sorry but they don't have the depth or experience to contend with the Class of the NBA.

pache100
03-07-2006, 09:54 AM
The Lakers will lose again on Friday...sorry but they don't have the depth or experience to contend with the Class of the NBA.

I thought you got waived?

Joepa
03-07-2006, 10:31 AM
Phil Jackson is a wanker. They got NO chance of beating us on Friday, and ya know what? Sacto and the H-Town are gaining on them fast. They aren't even making the playoffs.

SenorSpur
03-07-2006, 10:54 AM
The Spurs had better come out early and jump on those bitches early.

Solid D
03-07-2006, 11:06 AM
In the NBA, there's always a chance for any team to win, especially if they have Kobe Bryant on that team. Friday will be no exception.

MoSpur
03-07-2006, 11:15 AM
What Jackson said was true! Key word is WAS. I think that Finley is starting to feel more comfortable and his shot looks a lot better than before. We all know Barry is also starting to show us why the Spurs brought him from Seattle. Manu was hoping for a game like this and I think this will help him regain some form and boost his confidence.

Will the Spurs shoot exactly the same as they did last night? Probably not. Better? Doubt it, but they will be effective from behind the arc against the Lakers again.