PDA

View Full Version : Supermans Wife Died

Taco
03-07-2006, 08:43 AM
Dana Reeve, widow of Christopher Reeve, dies at 44

Tuesday, March 7, 2006; Posted: 8:27 a.m. EST (13:27 GMT)

SHORT HILLS, New Jersey (AP) -- Dana Reeve, who fought for better treatments and possible cures for paralysis through the Christopher Reeve Foundation, named for her late actor-husband, has died, the foundation said. She was 44.

Reeve died late Monday of lung cancer, said Kathy Lewis, President and CEO of the foundation.

"On behalf of the entire Board of Directors and staff of the Christopher Reeve Foundation, we are extremely saddened by the death of Dana Reeve, whose grace and courage under the most difficult of circumstances was a source of comfort and inspiration to all of us," Lewis said in a statement.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/03/07/obit.reeve.ap/index.html

Jimcs50
03-07-2006, 09:20 AM
More sad news. Never smoked, and gets lung cancer.....that is awful.

RIP

:depressed

midgetonadonkey
03-07-2006, 09:24 AM
At least now he has someone to push his wheelchair around heaven.

Taco
03-07-2006, 09:26 AM

:wow

That's cold

:lol

pache100
03-07-2006, 09:32 AM
More sad news. Never smoked, and gets lung cancer.....that is awful.

RIP

:depressed

My Mom never smoked a day in her life and campaigned against it (mostly against my Dad's smoking) with a vengeance. She hates it to this day. She had lung cancer, too. Not all lung cancer is caused by smoking or even second-hand smoke. I don't know what type Dana Reeve had, but my Mom had bronchiolo alveolar cancer. It's rare and hard to diagnose. We are so lucky that my Mom kept insisting to her doctors that there was something wrong with her and they stayed with it until they found out what she had. The caught it early enough (although it was 8 months into the investigation) that they were able to save her. She has only one lobe (of the 3 original) of her right lung left. But she is fine and does anything she wants to (including climbing to the top of the AT&T Center when we go to Spurs games and walking 1 1/2 mi 3-4 times a week).

This just breaks my heart about Dana Reeve. Godspeed, Dana! Tell Chris we miss him.

Taco
03-07-2006, 09:39 AM
The bad thing is there son he's gotta be under 10

1Parker1
03-07-2006, 10:00 AM

Damn, I feel bad but I actually laughed at that one...

pache100
03-07-2006, 10:05 AM

Old School Chic
03-07-2006, 10:11 AM
Sad news :depressed

At least she is now next to her Superman :spin

Louae
03-07-2006, 10:59 AM
both walking hand in hand and healthy in heaven.

Rest in Peace.

Joepa
03-07-2006, 11:02 AM
I didn't like Christopher Reeve, ever since that South Park episode where he sucks on the necks of live fetuses. Anyone who feels bad for that guy or his family needs to watch that episode to see the real truth.

Oh, and it's sad that she died. She was not evil like Christopher Reeve.

pache100
03-07-2006, 11:06 AM
I didn't like Christopher Reeve, ever since that South Park episode where he sucks on the necks of live fetuses. Anyone who feels bad for that guy or his family needs to watch that episode to see the real truth.

Oh, and it's sad that she died. She was not evil like Christopher Reeve.

You do realize that South Park is a cartoon and fiction, right? And that Christopher Reeve was a real live human man and was not actually in the episode of South Park? And that, even if he had been, South Park has juvenile (albeit funny at times), and immature WRITERS that write this stuff? You do realize it's not real, right?

YIKES!

(If you're joking about the reasons you did not like Christopher Reeve, please use a smiley or something to indicate...)

Joepa
03-07-2006, 11:18 AM
Oh my crap dude. Sorry, I thought it was so overtly outlandish that you'd see that it was a joke.

Yeah, I know it's fake.

pache100
03-07-2006, 11:32 AM
Oh my crap dude. Sorry, I thought it was so overtly outlandish that you'd see that it was a joke.

Yeah, I know it's fake.

Okie doke. Hard to tell over cyberspace.

Silver21_Black20
03-07-2006, 11:49 AM
How sad...:depressed

Vashner
03-07-2006, 01:36 PM
Yea I always worry about all the asbestos I inhaled working at Brooks. Under the base there is a bunch of tunnels and we used to spend a lot of time down there pulling fiber optic cables and stuff. It looks like the hallways of CSU on 24 lol. Anyway one year there where tags ALL over the place "Warning Asbestos Fibers".. uh like 20 years after people where down there. We used to come up with dust all over our clothes. You could see it in the shower lol. Lawsuit??

Sec24Row7
03-07-2006, 01:46 PM
That's really no surprise... I dont think she had any special powers or anything.

pache100
03-07-2006, 03:07 PM
That's really no surprise... I dont think she had any special powers or anything.

It's surprising because she was 44 years old. Most people her age beat cancer these days, especially if it's the first time they have it. Her special power was her youth. And, she's one of those people everyone feels like they know.

Sec24Row7
03-07-2006, 03:09 PM
Yeah But I mean she wasn't like impervious to bullets or super strong...

No heat vision etc.

midgetonadonkey
03-07-2006, 03:11 PM

Superman was Superman and he got fucked up by a horse. Superpowers are useless unless you know how to use them.

Sec24Row7
03-07-2006, 03:43 PM
Yeah... well...

Irony is it's own form of Kryptonite.

ObiwanGinobili
03-07-2006, 03:56 PM

I think they have a son who's 13.... but you're right.,
this freakin sux for him.
1st his dad dies .. and then less then 2 years later his mom is out the door. :depressed

maybe he can live with Tom Hanks & Rita Wilson? those two families were best friends.

ObiwanGinobili
03-07-2006, 03:57 PM
It's surprising because she was 44 years old. Most people her age beat cancer these days, especially if it's the first time they have it. Her special power was her youth. And, she's one of those people everyone feels like they know.

I think she had it for along time before it as diagnosed. She was pretty much ignoring herself to care for superman. I remebr her telling oprah that she just thought it was stress making her tired and giving her a constant cold.
but come to find out it was lung cancer.

Phenomanul
03-07-2006, 05:00 PM

What you haven't heard.... Supes' flies in heaven.

Carie
03-07-2006, 07:06 PM
It's surprising because she was 44 years old. Most people her age beat cancer these days, especially if it's the first time they have it. Her special power was her youth. And, she's one of those people everyone feels like they know.I'm not sure which type she had, but unfortunately the prognosis for those with lung cancer are very low.

Sec24Row7
03-07-2006, 07:41 PM
What you haven't heard.... Supes' flies in heaven.

Actually I think in heaven you get to do what you always wanted to do...

he could fly on earth.

I think up there He may be wearing a Corsette driving an invisible Jet and wielding a golden rope... but I'm not sure.

ALVAREZ6
03-07-2006, 08:10 PM
damn, they both died young.

Samr
03-07-2006, 10:18 PM
Its a shame. I always thought she'd die of kryptonite.

Faccia di Angelo
03-07-2006, 10:31 PM
thats so so sad :(

Jelly
03-08-2006, 07:23 AM
When I first heard this, the person who told me got the story confused and said "Keanu Reeves just died" and I totally freaked out. It took us about five minutes to figure it out. Sorry to hear about her death though.

pache100
03-08-2006, 11:23 AM
I'm not sure which type she had, but unfortunately the prognosis for those with lung cancer are very low.

Actually, generally speaking, for most types, the prognosis is very good; but that is dependent on several factors. The age of the patient, the type of cancer they have (there are sooo many), what stage it is caught, and how dedicated the patient/doctors are to getting that patient well by treatment.

Hook Dem
03-08-2006, 11:32 AM
Actually, generally speaking, for most types, the prognosis is very good; but that is dependent on several factors. The age of the patient, the type of cancer they have (there are sooo many), what stage it is caught, and how dedicated the patient/doctors are to getting that patient well by treatment.
Thats just the point! They often don't know they have it, especially at an early age. By the time it's detected, it's often advanced to an incurable stage!

pache100
03-08-2006, 11:39 AM
Thats just the point! They often don't know they have it, especially at an early age. By the time it's detected, it's often advanced to an incurable stage!

I know. That's why I included that specific statement in my reply. People who have regular (annual) medical exams have a much better chance of surviving cancer. My Mom has survived breast cancer twice and lung cancer; she's 72 years old now.

SpursWoman
03-08-2006, 01:18 PM
When I first heard this, the person who told me got the story confused and said "Keanu Reeves just died" and I totally freaked out. It took us about five minutes to figure it out. Sorry to hear about her death though.

Don't feel bad, when I first glanced this thread title I thought it said:

"Spurs Woman Died"

:wow

That is so sad for their son. :(

Darrin
03-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Dana Reeve, widow of Christopher Reeve, dies at 44

Tuesday, March 7, 2006; Posted: 8:27 a.m. EST (13:27 GMT)

SHORT HILLS, New Jersey (AP) -- Dana Reeve, who fought for better treatments and possible cures for paralysis through the Christopher Reeve Foundation, named for her late actor-husband, has died, the foundation said. She was 44.

Reeve died late Monday of lung cancer, said Kathy Lewis, President and CEO of the foundation.

"On behalf of the entire Board of Directors and staff of the Christopher Reeve Foundation, we are extremely saddened by the death of Dana Reeve, whose grace and courage under the most difficult of circumstances was a source of comfort and inspiration to all of us," Lewis said in a statement.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/03/07/obit.reeve.ap/index.html

This is sad news, definitely. But I have to wonder what is going to happen to their 14-year-old son. My paryers are with him. I can't imagine losing both of my parents at that age.

pache100
03-08-2006, 02:48 PM
This is sad news, definitely. But I have to wonder what is going to happen to their 14-year-old son. My paryers are with him. I can't imagine losing both of my parents at that age.

He's 13. I'm sure either family or friends will take him in. I doubt very seriously, having gone through what she has in the past several years, Dana Reeve died without a plan; I'm sure all this was covered in her will. He will never get over losing his parents, but he should be able to have a pretty good life.

SpursWoman
03-08-2006, 02:52 PM
I can't imagine losing both of my parents at that age.

I lost both of mine by 33 ... it doesn't get any easier with age. :depressed