PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo fantasy basketball...

CosmicCowboy
03-07-2006, 01:16 PM
Whats up with them?...It's noon and they still haven't updated from last night?

I want to see just how bad an asskicking I delivered last night...I am tearing them up this year...the second place team is 10 games back...I just hate the friggen playoffs, though...My fantasy teams are always the Mavericks of the league...I will kick ass on the 21 week regular season and then somehow get screwed in the damn playoffs...Last year I had an epidemic of ankle tweaks in the second round and then Pop "rested" Ginobili on a coaches DNP at Golden State...If I had had oone more steal or one more three I would still have won... %$&*@#$!

Kori Ellis
03-07-2006, 01:26 PM
Speaking of fantasy sports, I'm quitting after this season.

I never remember to set my teams in time. And having fantasy teams ruins watching the sport for me. I always think about what my fantasy players are doing instead of just enjoying the games.

It's fun at first and addicting, but I'm retiring from fantasy sports.

CosmicCowboy
03-07-2006, 01:33 PM
hehehe, I was thinking about quitting for exactly the same reasons...It makes me wanna puke having to root for Kobe but I couldn't pass him at #8 in the rotisserie...I just wanna go out on top this year...

Mixability
03-07-2006, 01:33 PM
And having fantasy teams ruins watching the sport for me. I always think about what my fantasy players are doing instead of just enjoying the games.

Thats why I never did it in the first place.

spurs_2108
03-07-2006, 02:22 PM
They are updated now.

lilmads
03-07-2006, 02:58 PM
^ It's about time

FromWayDowntown
03-07-2006, 03:09 PM
I liked the nba.com salary cap challenge. That had a different type of daily nature, so I could make it part of my routine and kept on top of it. I only played for the first half, but had a good time doing that and finished surprisingly well.

Samr
03-07-2006, 06:42 PM
I never remember to set my teams in time. And having fantasy teams ruins watching the sport for me. I always think about what my fantasy players are doing instead of just enjoying the games.

Ditto.

I was leading one of the SpursTalk fantasy leagues in Yahoo, but then I just stopped caring. Not playing next year as well. I'd rather pull for the players I actually like. Too much on my plate already.

CosmicCowboy
04-11-2006, 03:26 PM
And it starts. Went into the playoffs 15 games ahead of 2nd place. Chris Webber goes down this week. Manu will probably be a coaches DNP. Some buttwipe that got eliminated last week dropped Shawn Marion to waivers for grins and the guy in my head-to-head for the championship has the highest waiver rank...shit.

ShoogarBear
04-11-2006, 03:50 PM
I thought the Yahoo Leagues had a "Can't Drop" designation to prevent shit like that.

CosmicCowboy
04-11-2006, 03:58 PM
I did too but it let him do it.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

gay abc
04-11-2006, 04:23 PM
i'm confused about this fantasy basketball league thing..... says i have a "clinched playoff spot" but i'm NOT playing this week but teams that seeded lower than me ARE playing this week

what am i not getting? :nerd

ShoogarBear
04-11-2006, 04:37 PM
i'm confused about this fantasy basketball league thing..... says i have a "clinched playoff spot" but i'm NOT playing this week but teams that seeded lower than me ARE playing this week

Did you get a bye for the first week?

CosmicCowboy
04-11-2006, 04:40 PM

Is it a yahoo league? Click on "schedule and results" at the top and it should give you the brackets...

gay abc
04-11-2006, 05:00 PM
Is it a yahoo league? Click on "schedule and results" at the top and it should give you the brackets...

oh i see that now - thanks

still confused about the "scoreboard" schedule on the right showing who is playing in Week 24 - it shows some teams playing that shouldnt be - right?

http://www.freephotoserver.com/v001/ssuitt/yahoo.jpg

sa_butta
04-11-2006, 05:03 PM
Speaking of fantasy sports, I'm quitting after this season.

It's fun at first and addicting, but I'm retiring from fantasy sports.Im quitting fantasy basketball after this season it is too much of a pain. I can handle football once a week.

CharlieMac
04-11-2006, 05:04 PM
I had 10 leagues going on this year, it was ridiculous. I only paid attention to 4 of em by the end.