PDA

View Full Version : The Truth about Barry Bonds

tlongII
03-07-2006, 02:00 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/baseball/mlb/03/06/news.excerpt/index.html

Dude was a lab rat.

CharlieMac
03-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Dude seemed to have a crazy case of roid rage.

Marklar MM
03-07-2006, 03:12 PM
Took more than I expected.

Sec24Row7
03-07-2006, 03:45 PM
One word comes to mind.

"Duh?"

Extra Stout
03-07-2006, 04:58 PM
So were those boobs in the Paula Abdul skit fake, or are they a side effect of diminished testosterone production? Is he slowly going to turn into an older Serena Williams? Is that why his voice is kind of high and soft?

SA Gunslinger
03-07-2006, 08:21 PM
Haven't any of you read "Juiced" yet?

Canseco actually argues that using steroids in the right dosages will help you stay fit and live longer.

hussker
03-07-2006, 10:30 PM
I Shall Dub Him:

DAIRY BONDS!!!

got milk?

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/5372266_7_2.jpg

cecil collins
03-08-2006, 12:59 AM
Lame-O

T-Pain
03-08-2006, 03:00 AM
until i see solid hard evidence, hes guilty in my book

Extra Stout
03-08-2006, 12:41 PM
Haven't any of you read "Juiced" yet?

Canseco actually argues that using steroids in the right dosages will help you stay fit and live longer.

And with his PhD in biochemistry, Canseco would be the expert.

cecil collins
03-08-2006, 02:04 PM
until i see solid hard evidence, hes guilty in my book
Guilty until proven innocent, the new American way right?

T-Pain
03-08-2006, 02:17 PM

sorry, let me rewrite that. I think barry didnt do it unless i see damn good evidence he did it. reports from a book isnt gonna cut it for me. i need to see receipts of purchases of steroids, signed documents from barry, videotapes of barry gettin juiced, or somethin like that to convince me. pictures of him of before and after aint cuttin it for me either. he coulda just worked out alot and got bigger. i myself is a fan of barry and was my favorite baseball player since i was a kid, and i back him all the way. its unfortunate hes gettin allegations like this, but if he is found guilty, ill be pretty dissapointed.

Taco
03-08-2006, 02:38 PM
Former Baseball Commiisinor, Fay Vincent was on Jim Rome today and said that the reporters who did the story are very credible and he thinks Bonds is guilty.
He also said he can’t undersdand how Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig has not made any statement.

Extra Stout
03-08-2006, 03:26 PM
It's pretty obvious that all the big power numbers put up in the 1990's were chemically and pharmaceutically enhanced.

Humans cannot radically change their physiques like that in a couple of years, especially past the age of 30, nor do heads naturally grow several hat sizes larger after one turns 30.

Taco
03-08-2006, 03:29 PM
It's pretty obvious that all the big power numbers put up in the 1990's were chemically and pharmaceutically enhanced.

I remember back then people were saying the baseball was JUICED, well as we are all finding out it wasn’t the ball.

spurster
03-08-2006, 03:57 PM
I am so surprised!

cecil collins
03-08-2006, 04:58 PM

Humans cannot radically change their physiques like that in a couple of years, especially past the age of 30, nor do heads naturally grow several hat sizes larger after one turns 30.
Most athletes use some kind of performance enhancers. Fighters, football players, baseball players, etc. They do what they are designed to do; which is to build muscle. I'm not saying that I am absolutely sure he is innocent, but there are plenty to point a finger at, not just a guy that was an absolute stud before he got stronger. There are plenty of muscle building aids besides steroids.

Extra Stout
03-08-2006, 05:16 PM
Most athletes use some kind of performance enhancers. Fighters, football players, baseball players, etc. They do what they are designed to do; which is to build muscle. I'm not saying that I am absolutely sure he is innocent, but there are plenty to point a finger at, not just a guy that was an absolute stud before he got stronger. There are plenty of muscle building aids besides steroids.
There is no point singling out Bonds. McGwire, Sosa, and plenty of others underwent the same freakish and unnatural muscle growth. Bonds, of course, was the best player in baseball, a first-ballot Hall of Famer, before he allegedly began using steroids, but he was a lean, five-tool player who hit 40 homers and stole 40 bases a year, rather than the hulking behemoth with the size 8 1/2 head he is now.

Players don't hit their physical peak as they approach 40 years old. They don't radically change their body type and gain 50 pounds of muscle at age 37. That is not how the human body works.

We're not stupid here. The same legal supplements are available now that were available five years, but suddenly players are smaller and power numbers are down... because baseball now has penalties for steroid use. This idea that baseball players suddenly all decided at the same time that smaller physiques were better for longevity, and that the imposition of steroid penalties at the same time was just a coincidence, is insipid.

I know there's a lot of fan emotion wrapped up in certain heroes, and of course baseball once was the sport above all others where individual stats were revered... but, c'mon. 73, 70, 66, 65, 64, and 63 are all illegitimate. 708, 588, 583, and 569 likewise are phony. It was the Age of Steroids, and both in 1998 and 2001, the cheaters took the fans for a ride.

Taco
03-09-2006, 12:31 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/baseball/mlb/03/06/news.excerpt/index.html

Dude was a lab rat.

These guys are about to come out on the Jim Rome Show

LongHornE II
03-10-2006, 06:26 PM
That asshole is a punk!

Extra Stout
03-10-2006, 06:32 PM
By the way, the SI article details that the San Francisco Giants performed their own investigation back in 2000 and discovered that Bonds' new trainers were steroid dealers, and his new gym was a steroid hotbed. They took no action, not even to bar those people from their own clubhouse or training facility.

Barry Bonds was their meal ticket. They knew that 73 was a chemically-assisted feat, but fans kept buying tickets. Why should they foment a scandal? They'd built Pac Bell Park (now at&t Park) with their own financing, and needed to generate revenue.

T Park
03-11-2006, 01:25 AM
I think barry didnt do it unless i see damn good evidence he did it

His head growing twice its original size in a matter of years was totally by weight lifting.

Do you have SAP written across your head?

Sportcamper
03-11-2006, 02:01 PM
SA Gunslinger ...I am not an MD but MD’s have told me to consider the following....

Anabolic Steroids are some of the strongest drugs in existence... (That alone scared me from ever trying them)

Most steroid users from the 50’s & 60’s have died prematurely...

While medical science has fine tuned the types of steroids administered & the dosages... Consider the athletes who continue to suffer premature deaths, experience liver cancers, various sports injuries, muscle tears, things that were unheard of 20 years ago....

mikejones99
03-18-2006, 05:31 AM
Dam, Brewmaster knows alot. Barry and his head has to be on a South Park Cartoon soon. Kobe even moved to the SP hood one time. Drugs are bad, mmmm kay. He will still go down as one of the top 10 MLB players of all time.

dmac
03-22-2006, 11:36 AM
that's right. It's called the Patriot Act.

mikejones99
03-26-2006, 08:58 AM
Barry is batting over .500 this spring and soon will pass the Babe.