PDA

View Full Version : Any Spurs fans in Dallas/Fort Worth

aaron-berain
03-07-2006, 03:56 PM
This is my first post here on Spurs talk. I browse this site quite a bit though. Anyone in the DFW area a Spurs fan? My wife and I are looking to meet people who are true fans to hang with. I can't seem to make any friends up here. I wonder why? Could it be they’re all mAVS creeps? :spin

Kori Ellis
03-07-2006, 04:00 PM
Welcome to the forum.

I believe quite a few posters here live in Dallas.

Hopefully they chime in and you all can get together and watch games.

leemajors
03-07-2006, 04:01 PM
i think Obstructed View is in that area from his rants about mav radio.

Sec24Row7
03-07-2006, 04:02 PM
Wow... I thought driving up I-35 was like free diving...

the farther you go... the less brain function you have.

Good to see it's not always true!

:fro

Hatfield
03-07-2006, 04:12 PM
I'm in Dallas right now, but I'm moving to Seattle in three weeks. However, you should have no problem finding Spurs fans in Dallas....

Gotta love how the sport talk shows up here have cooled down over the past week about the Mavs.....it's greatness.

aaron-berain
03-07-2006, 04:31 PM
ESPN radio is the main culprit here in DFW (aka mavs radio). It’s funny how delusional they sound. You’d think they’ve won the championship already.. :smokin

frequency
03-07-2006, 04:35 PM
troof
also watching local games up here is annoying also having to listen to D harper go on with his ridiculous predictions

valluco
03-07-2006, 04:37 PM
I live in Fort Worthless (not by choice) and I'm a HUGE Spurs fan. Welcome to the forum.http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/valluco/mexican.gif

aaron-berain
03-07-2006, 04:40 PM
Amen, frequency...

aaron-berain
03-07-2006, 04:41 PM
Wheres there a good place to catch a Spurs game on the tube??? :pctoss

valluco
03-07-2006, 04:43 PM
Wheres there a good place to catch a game on the tube??? :pctoss
Fox and the Hound on Bryant Irving and I20 or The Bronx Zoo on 7th st.

valluco
03-07-2006, 04:43 PM
How long have you been in FW?

aaron-berain
03-07-2006, 04:45 PM
About 4 years, moved up here because of my wife. I'm from San Antonio but lived everywhere....

implacable44
03-07-2006, 04:56 PM
there is a group of us in north richland hills

valluco
03-07-2006, 05:06 PM
I'm from the Valley. I moved up here 3 yrs ago to be with my two daughters.

valluco
03-07-2006, 05:27 PM
So, who's up for a DFW Spurs fans GTG?

frequency
03-07-2006, 05:39 PM
ive been to champps in addison to watch a cpl of games
its hard sometimes to find a place that has the game on

50 cent
03-07-2006, 06:11 PM
I live in Uptown Dallas. I would be down for a GTG sometime. I was at a bar last week for the game with 20 people and I was the only Spurs fan in there, but I kinda enjoy that for some reason.

Where do all of you live?

Obstructed_View
03-07-2006, 06:13 PM
i think Obstructed View is in that area from his rants about mav radio.
Yep, I'm up here. I don't get out much but I'd definitely find a way to go to a GTG once in a while. It'd be nice to remember what beer tastes like.

valluco
03-07-2006, 06:25 PM
Yep, I'm up here. I don't get out much but I'd definitely find a way to go to a GTG once in a while. It'd be nice to remember what beer tastes like.
Can we invite Mavsfan1000 too? :lmao :lmao :lmao

Obstructed_View
03-07-2006, 06:29 PM
Can we invite Mavsfan1000 too? :lmao :lmao :lmao
Sure, as long as his mom can drive him there.

Zarko
03-07-2006, 06:30 PM
We have a clan of Spurs fanatics here in Mansfield (just southeast of Fort Worth). We watch every game via the NBA ticket and we have actually successfully converted 3 DFW natives to become Spurs fans over the past 3 years. Something to be said about playing the right way.

valluco
03-07-2006, 06:30 PM
I was the only Spurs fan in there, but I kinda enjoy that for some reason.

Where do all of you live?
Dude, I was at a Wingstop for game 6 of the WCF(no cable at the time) in 03 and I was the only person there wearing the old #50 jersey and a big smile. It's funny how people were talking shit to me and then Kerr silenced the room with those 3's. Fucking priceless.

valluco
03-07-2006, 06:33 PM
We have a clan of Spurs fanatics here in Mansfield (just southeast of Fort Worth). We watch every game via the NBA ticket and we have actually successfully converted 3 DFW natives to become Spurs fans over the past 3 years. Something to be said about playing the right way.
It's time to paint the Metroplex Silver and Black! :)

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-07-2006, 07:45 PM
I'm in Plano... well on the weekends anyway :lol Travel a lot for work.

50 cent
03-07-2006, 11:47 PM
I did DAL-AUS tonight AHF.

:tu

CubanMustGo
03-08-2006, 12:07 AM
I live in McKinney, the right upper armpit of the metroplex. They love it when I wear the Spurs gear around here.

SenorSpur
03-08-2006, 01:46 AM
I live in McKinney, the right upper armpit of the metroplex. They love it when I wear the Spurs gear around here.

I hear ya. I'm in Frisco and I do enjoy the stares I get from sporting my Spurs gear.

aaron-berain
03-08-2006, 08:25 AM
So its offical, the DFW Spurs fanatics, we need a headquarters. Its time we represent. Everyone's welcomed to join. Who wants to suggest a place to GTG? BTW I live near Mansfield also.. But for the Spurs I'll go anywhere. Like the Spurs vs the fakers game on friday. Got my tickets..... :king

G-Nob
03-08-2006, 08:47 AM
I'm off of McKinney Ave. And a good place in the McKinney Ave. Tavern which was a good place for a spurs gtg for game seven. Can we make this the usual gtg location?

aaron-berain
03-08-2006, 09:54 AM
I'm up to anything G-nob... Who else agrees to McKinney Ave. Tavern? Anyone? :spin

Where is that by the way. I'm not familiar with it.

50 cent
03-08-2006, 01:18 PM
I'm off of McKinney Ave. And a good place in the McKinney Ave. Tavern which was a good place for a spurs gtg for game seven. Can we make this the usual gtg location?
Dude, I live right by the MAT and go there all the time. I was in SA for game #7 last year in the Finals or I would have been there. Do you live in an apt in Uptown?

frequency
03-08-2006, 02:02 PM
thats not too far from me
id be down for that

Spurminator
03-08-2006, 02:18 PM
The MAT's a good place. I've never been there on a Friday thouigh so I don't know how crowded it gets...

T-Pain
03-08-2006, 02:27 PM
troof
also watching local games up here is annoying also having to listen to D harper go on with his ridiculous predictions

i was wondering what happened to that guy

G-Nob
03-08-2006, 05:37 PM
We can meet up at the MAT on game nights but I don't know if they'd give us some TV priority over the Mavs. I guess a majority of the people in there would get mad if we changed the channel. I don't know if they even have NBA League Pass.

The "MAT" as its called is located on McKinney Ave just down the street from the Hard Rock Cafe. Not sure what the cross street is but the address is:

2822 McKinney Ave; Dallas TX

SenorSpur
03-08-2006, 05:41 PM
We can meet up at the MAT on game nights but I don't know if they'd give us some TV priority over the Mavs. I guess a majority of the people in there would get mad if we changed the channel. I don't know if they even have NBA League Pass.

The "MAT" as its called is located on McKinney Ave just down the street from the Hard Rock Cafe. Not sure what the cross street is but the address is:

2822 McKinney Ave; Dallas TX

An important point. Whatever spot is chosen, it must have NBA League Pass.

island_dude
03-08-2006, 05:55 PM
It's amazing how many people seem to make there living in the DFW area instead of SA, but are bad mouthing it. Why can't you get a job in that business metropolis of SA if it's so great? :lol

SenorSpur
03-08-2006, 06:51 PM
It's amazing how many people seem to make there living in the DFW area instead of SA, but are bad mouthing it. Why can't you get a job in that business metropolis of SA if it's so great? :lol

I don't recall anyone bad mouthing S.A.

...and why can't your team win a title? :lol

island_dude
03-08-2006, 07:17 PM
I don't recall anyone bad mouthing S.A.

...and why can't your team win a title? :lol
I'm not talking about bad mouthing SA, but people making snide remarks about the DFW area. Apparently they depend on making a living there instead of their beloved River Walk City.
Don't like DFW take 35 south!

ShoogarBear
03-08-2006, 07:24 PM
Haven't you ever heard of missionary work? Bringing the gospel to the naked heathens?

Obstructed_View
03-08-2006, 08:37 PM
I'm not talking about bad mouthing SA, but people making snide remarks about the DFW area. Apparently they depend on making a living there instead of their beloved River Walk City.
The snide remarks are directed at morons like you in the DFW area. If you guys left, it'd be a better place to live.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-08-2006, 08:37 PM
It's amazing how many people seem to make there living in the DFW area instead of SA, but are bad mouthing it. Why can't you get a job in that business metropolis of SA if it's so great?

Probably because Dallas is essentially the Silicon Valley of the central United States. :/

valluco
03-08-2006, 09:43 PM
It's amazing how many people seem to make there living in the DFW area instead of SA, but are bad mouthing it. Why can't you get a job in that business metropolis of SA if it's so great? :lol Nope. I actually had a good job in South Texas, where people are more down to earth and not full of
themselves and arrogant. Don't get me wrong, the Metroplex has more good folks than assholes (my best friend is from Arlington) but the assholes that do reside here are some of the biggest assholes that I have ever met. Just my opinion.

The snide remarks are directed at morons like you in the DFW area. If you guys left, it'd be a better place to live.
:tu

valluco
03-08-2006, 09:48 PM
Oh yeah, I'm definately down with catching a game at the MAT on April 7 if I'm not in SA for the game. Go Spurs.

Holmes_Fans
03-08-2006, 10:08 PM
troof
I hate Derek Harper and the lady he does the pre/post game with. Even as a mavs fan I can barely watch the postgame show, the stupid bitch laughs uncontrollably at the dumbest things.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-08-2006, 10:30 PM
I hate Derek Harper and the lady he does the pre/post game with. Even as a mavs fan I can barely watch the postgame show, the stupid bitch laughs uncontrollably at the dumbest things.
the one i can't stand is that old fart on FSN during the mavs games. yeah i watch the mavs, but bleed silver and black. keep your friends close, your enemies closer is my motto. anyway, that old fart is just about as bad as sean elliott. no offense guys. you guys in SA should hear this idiot. anyway, i'm down for a GTG. hopefully that place isn't a "stuffy" kinda joint. i've always tried to find a hangout for spurs games, but theyre filled with nothing but blue and green. i remember in '03 for game 6 i was at Pappa's pizza in addison and i was such an ass. oh well, they deserved it. i'm game. we should have mavsfan1000 be our waitress that night.

aaron-berain
03-09-2006, 08:02 AM
If were all going to meet at the MAT shouldn't someone ask if they're going to pee on us if we want to watch a Spurs Game. BTW I never said DFW was a bad place to live or I didn't like living here. Its just mAVS fans are oblivious, they inflate every win or loss.

j-6
03-09-2006, 09:41 AM

There is absolutely no market for what I do for a living in San Antonio. None. Besides, I enjoy living here in DFW a lot more than SA.

Obstructed_View
03-09-2006, 11:15 AM
island_dude probably isn't old enough to have a job, so there's not too much point in getting tooo annoyed at him.

island_dude
03-09-2006, 11:57 AM
Haven't you ever heard of missionary work? Bringing the gospel to the naked heathens?
LOL!

island_dude
03-09-2006, 12:11 PM
The only moron I see here is you. You're the one who makes posts referring to male sodomy, so maybe it'd be alot better place if you left.
Remember this one?
03-02-2006, 12:26 PM #10
So are you crying in advance? I'm perfectly happy to wait until your team gets assraped. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[

island_dude
03-09-2006, 12:28 PM
island_dude probably isn't old enough to have a job, so there's not too much point in getting tooo annoyed at him.
Let's just say I'm old enough to remember when The San Antonio Spurs were the Dallas Chapparals in the old ABA.

By the way I've been working in my occupation for 25 years, that's probably before you were in diapers punk!

50 cent
03-09-2006, 12:48 PM
Dude, I love Dallas as a city and wouldn't want to live anywhere else. I fucking hate the Mavs though and all their dumbass fans.

frequency
03-09-2006, 12:51 PM

yeah she annoys me to no end

i could meet depending on what game
just post up and LMK
so how old is everyone here anyways?

50 cent
03-09-2006, 12:52 PM
Okay, the MAT (McKinney Avenue Tavern) is located at the corner of Allen and McKinney Ave. across from Christie's Sports Bar and right next to the Post Worthington Apartments.

I know the bartenders there. They do in fact have League Pass. However, if the Mavs are playing at the same time as the Spurs, the place is going to be packed and the Mavs are going to be on the majority of the TVs with sound pumping into the whole place.

We need to pick a night when the Spurs play and the Mavs don't and we can have free reign on the place with sound.

Also, I can't do it tomorrow (Lakers) because I am flying to SA for the game. I think a weekday GTG would be better because the MAT wouldn't be as crowded.

G-Nob
03-09-2006, 01:33 PM
the one i can't stand is that old fart on FSN during the mavs games. yeah i watch the mavs, but bleed silver and black. keep your friends close, your enemies closer is my motto. anyway, that old fart is just about as bad as sean elliott. no offense guys. you guys in SA should hear this idiot. anyway, i'm down for a GTG. hopefully that place isn't a "stuffy" kinda joint. i've always tried to find a hangout for spurs games, but theyre filled with nothing but blue and green. i remember in '03 for game 6 i was at Pappa's pizza in addison and i was such an ass. oh well, they deserved it. i'm game. we should have mavsfan1000 be our waitress that night.

Are you referring to Bob Ortegal? If so, I know what you mean. The mavs can do no wrong in that guy's opinion.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-09-2006, 06:53 PM
Are you referring to Bob Ortegal? If so, I know what you mean. The mavs can do no wrong in that guy's opinion.
yeah that's his name. you know what? come to think of it. "the mavs can do no wrong in that guy's opinion"..............is he mavsfan1000? VBOOKIE!!!!!!!!

Holmes_Fans
03-09-2006, 07:08 PM
Bob Ortegal knows alot about basketball, he played and coached. He knows just about every rulet that most people didn't know existed. He will sometime point out the obvious a little to much, or go off topic and talk about a kid having a ball in front row.

Obstructed_View
03-09-2006, 10:13 PM
Let's just say I'm old enough to remember when The San Antonio Spurs were the Dallas Chapparals in the old ABA.

By the way I've been working in my occupation for 25 years, that's probably before you were in diapers punk!
Then aren't you too old to be trolling on another team's website? That's pretty pathetic.

Glad you've stayed gainfully employed. Somebody has to mop the floors... :lol

frequency
03-09-2006, 11:45 PM
lol