PDA

View Full Version : Hair Care for Latinas

Old School Chic
03-08-2006, 06:14 PM
http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/he/photo/movie_pix/mtv/mtv_movie_awards_2003_photos/roselyn_sanchez/mtv17.jpg

Actress Roselyn Sanchez (from Rush Hour 2 & Without A Trace) is the spokesperson for Activate, a new line of hair care products focues on the beauty needs of Latinas.

I met her this past Saturday when she launched the line for San Antonio at the Wal-Mart on Vance Jackson, just off I-10. When I asked her why she decided to support the line, she said tried it for three months and it worked for her! Activate is her first business venture, so lending her name to this brand shows how much she believes in it.

You can't tell by her long, silky, straight locks, but Roselyn's hair is naturally curly! Her stylist of 13 years Clark Ivor told me! Like a lot of us- she's a slave to the flat iron! She needed a hair care line that would moisturize and protect her hair from styling, heat, humidity, and frizz - and she found it in Activate.

Roselyn says "I always tell people that latino hair is very talented. If I want it super-straight I get it super-straight. If I want it very curly, I get it very curly. I just have to wash it and keep walking. If I want it wavy, we wear what we call 'rolos'. If I want it kinky I can have it kinky too! I can do it all and I'm very blessed to be able to do that and with Activate it's just amazing. If I want to have healthy hair more than anything because I blow dry it and I do the flat iron almost every single day."

you don't have to be Latina to benefit from the moisturizing properties!

There are seven products in the line:
Hydrating Shampoo
Hydrating Conditioner
Straightening Cream
Soft Curls
Shine-On Spray
Hair Repair
Sealant Serum

You're going to love the salon-quality products, and you'll love the price ($6.99 each).
The line is sold online at www.activatebeauty.com and at Wal-Mart.

midgetonadonkey
03-08-2006, 06:17 PM
I like her cleavage.

Trainwreck2100
03-08-2006, 06:23 PM
I like her cleavage.

:tu

Old School Chic
03-08-2006, 06:27 PM
Guys,

This is a thread about hair care not cleavage.

sa_butta
03-08-2006, 06:30 PM
Then why did you post that pic, it is now about cleavage

Jekka
03-08-2006, 06:30 PM
Guys,

They don't care.

ObiwanGinobili
03-08-2006, 06:31 PM
moisturizing your hair after all that heat damage is key.
after 12 years of dying my hair i'm quite familiar with that.
:tu looks good OSCI'll give it a try.

especially the Sealant Serum.

MannyIsGod
03-08-2006, 06:33 PM
Guys,

This is a thread about hair care not cleavage.Ok,

Then let me say this.

She has nice "hair" and that outfit she has on showcases her "hair" very nicely!

Old School Chic
03-08-2006, 06:34 PM
They don't care.

I can tell :depressed

ORION
03-08-2006, 06:34 PM
I'd support them I mean it ......I'll just stop

Old School Chic
03-08-2006, 06:35 PM
moisturizing your hair after all that heat damage is key.
after 12 years of dying my hair i'm quite familiar with that.
:tu looks good OSCI'll give it a try.

especially the Sealant Serum.

:tu

sa_butta
03-08-2006, 06:37 PM
Whatever hair products she is using enhance her uhmmm.... look greatly.

E20
03-08-2006, 06:42 PM
Hellllllllllla fine to the tenth power. :tu

Faccia di Angelo
03-08-2006, 07:41 PM
I met her that day too! I probably saw you lol She is pencil thin! I thought she was a little fuller than that.
And I met with one of the reps (the tall thin lady with the black hair) who was with her too and she convinced me in buying their products. It really sounds like a good line and its something I'd like to give a try, because I've never really found a product I truly liked and stayed loyal too. Hopefully this is it. I also want to try that shine on spray and hair repair. I'd love to hear ya'lls feedback if you do give it a shot.

MasterYoda
03-08-2006, 08:07 PM
http://www.funmunch.com/celebrities/actresses/roselyn_sanchez/enlarge/roselyn_sanchez_5.jpg

nacho chip, landing strip, or brazilian, i wonder. hmmmm yes.

Old School Chic
03-08-2006, 11:21 PM
I met her that day too! I probably saw you lol She is pencil thin! I thought she was a little fuller than that.
And I met with one of the reps (the tall thin lady with the black hair) who was with her too and she convinced me in buying their products. It really sounds like a good line and its something I'd like to give a try, because I've never really found a product I truly liked and stayed loyal too. Hopefully this is it. I also want to try that shine on spray and hair repair. I'd love to hear ya'lls feedback if you do give it a shot.

Wow, I probably did see you. :spin
I have also been trying all kinds of hair products and I'm crossing my fingers that this is the one :spin

T Park
03-08-2006, 11:23 PM
how do latinas make that hoop bang look, that was cool back in the early 90's?

Vashner
03-08-2006, 11:25 PM
Use the "Jonathon Products" tricks..

Remember his "dirty"..

Anyway.. his big trick was to just wake up the next day with your hair all messed up and not wash, brush or comb it lol.

"dirt".. the dirty look. And he charges like 500 bucks a cut.. hhaha.

ObiwanGinobili
03-08-2006, 11:52 PM
how do latinas make that hoop bang look, that was cool back in the early 90's?

a. noone does that anymore

b. this is how you do it: :lol
1st wash ahir or wet bangs. seperate bangs into 2 sections. 1 will form the upper "hoop" that looks kinda like a bang crown sitting on your head. the 2nd lower section will form the lower "hoop" that rests against your forehead.
2nd wrap the upper prtion around a barrel brush and pull up and away toward the crown of your head. point hairdryer on HOT at the roots, the nspray with ultra ultra uiltra hold hair spray. Shoot with hot air again.
3rd wrap lower portion around barrel brush and hold downward towards you chin. make sure hair is wrapped onto brush al lthe way to root. Shoot with hot air, apply loads of ultra ultra ultra hold hairspray nad shoot with hot air again.
you are now ready forhte curling iron.
use a 1/2 inch barrel iron on HOT. Id at all possibel you should hear the hair sizzle whne it touches the iron. Curl ends of hair to form stange curls at the top of the "crown" and the bottom if the eyebrow grazing portions. remeber to continualy spray with ulra hold hairspray while it is still wrapped around the curlign iron barrel.
:tu you are now ready to go.

Please pick up these additional items to complete your look:
red lip liner
black liquid eyeliner
massive gold hoop earring with your name on them
2 or 3 gold chains, preferably at least one with a holy virgin medal on it.
a body suit
a pair of cross colors jeans. these must sit so low that the leg openings of the body suit show above the waist band.
a thick black belt with a massive silver buckle
reeboks classics in black satin.
if it's cold you may want to add either an Oakland Raiders jacket or a Chicago Bulls jacket.

there ya go.
Welcome to 1994.

Old School Chic
03-08-2006, 11:54 PM
^^^ :lol ^^^

ShoogarBear
03-08-2006, 11:57 PM
Guys, why are you posting in a thread for the ladies? [/Sequ]

Old School Chic
03-08-2006, 11:59 PM
Guys, why are you posting in a thread for the ladies? [/Sequ]

:lol Because they saw the cleavage

ShoogarBear
03-09-2006, 12:00 AM
:lol Because they saw the cleavage
Oh, yeah.

She is smokin'.

Back on topic: You think Roselyn could kick Eva's ass?

Old School Chic
03-09-2006, 12:06 AM
Oh, yeah.

She is smokin'.

Back on topic: You think Roselyn could kick Eva's ass?

They both are beautiful Latinas :spin

ShoogarBear
03-09-2006, 12:11 AM
They both are beautiful Latinas :spinOh, well, that would never happen then, would it? :lmao

Old School Chic
03-09-2006, 12:15 AM
Oh, well, that would never happen then, would it? :lmao

:rolleyes

Jekka
03-09-2006, 12:18 AM

1st wash ahir or wet bangs. seperate bangs into 2 sections. 1 will form the upper "hoop" that looks kinda like a bang crown sitting on your head. the 2nd lower section will form the lower "hoop" that rests against your forehead.
2nd wrap the upper prtion around a barrel brush and pull up and away toward the crown of your head. point hairdryer on HOT at the roots, the nspray with ultra ultra uiltra hold hair spray. Shoot with hot air again.
3rd wrap lower portion around barrel brush and hold downward towards you chin. make sure hair is wrapped onto brush al lthe way to root. Shoot with hot air, apply loads of ultra ultra ultra hold hairspray nad shoot with hot air again.
use a 1/2 inch barrel iron on HOT. Id at all possibel you should hear the hair sizzle whne it touches the iron. Curl ends of hair to form stange curls at the top of the "crown" and the bottom if the eyebrow grazing portions. remeber to continualy spray with ulra hold hairspray while it is still wrapped around the curlign iron barrel.

My cousins used to do that shit to my hair when I was little. They lived in Arp, I guess there was nothing better to do.

Old School Chic
03-09-2006, 12:25 AM
My cousins used to do that shit to my hair when I was little. They lived in Arp, I guess there was nothing better to do.

Aaawww how cute... Do the same thing to them now, see how they like it :lol

Kori Ellis
03-09-2006, 12:27 AM
Was the picture you posted of her before or after she started using the hair products?

Because honestly her hair doesn't look in very good condition in that pic. *shrug*

Nice tits.

Old School Chic
03-09-2006, 12:30 AM
Was the picture you posted of her before or after she started using the hair products?

Because honestly her hair doesn't look in very good condition in that pic. *shrug*

Nice tits.

:lol that was the first pic I found when I looked up her name... I thought the same thing when I looked at the pic closely... I think it is a before pic :lol

T Park
03-09-2006, 01:39 AM
red lip liner
black liquid eyeliner
a body suit
a pair of cross colors jeans. these must sit so low that the leg openings of the body suit show above the waist band.
if it's cold you may want to add either an Oakland Raiders jacket or a Chicago Bulls jacket.

there ya go.
Welcome to 1994.

:rollin

You just described about 50% of the girls at my middle school back in 94.

Im glad it was taken well, after I typed it, I was afraid Id get ripped up for being a racist

I know no one does it anymore, but, you ocassionally see the random slut ghetto chick, that has her hair like that, and dresses like that.

Very random nowadays though.

Mixability
03-09-2006, 01:50 AM

Im glad it was taken well, after I typed it, I was afraid Id get ripped up for being a racist

I know no one does it anymore, but, you ocassionally see the random slut ghetto chick, that has her hair like that, and dresses like that.

RACIST!

:lol

Go to the Southside, preferably Pleasanton and SW Military..... its infested.

:vomit

T Park
03-09-2006, 01:53 AM
I went to Southside High School.

Milltary and the such was my stomping grounds.

The area I hang around the most right now is BCB Landing.

Buffalo Wild Wings, LongHorn Cafe, and now Best Buy and Wal Mart Supercenter make it the Shiznit.

angel_luv
03-09-2006, 02:26 AM
Then why did you post that pic, it is now about cleavage

Ok,

Then let me say this.

She has nice "hair" and that outfit she has on showcases her "hair" very nicely!

Fixed! :angel

http://i2.tinypic.com/r0oynm.jpg

Carry on! :lol

angel_luv
03-09-2006, 02:33 AM
:angel

T Park
03-09-2006, 02:42 AM
you Fing ruined it.

Damn Angel, you have to G rate everything!!!

:angry

ChumpDumper
03-09-2006, 02:52 AM
Really Angel, you ruined the straightening effect that picture had on men.

CAGE
03-09-2006, 02:56 AM
By the look of this pic, I think she just finished using the shampoo she is promoting :fro

http://www.hulaboy.com/Honey/2002/Honey020302/Roselyn1.jpg

ObiwanGinobili
03-09-2006, 07:44 AM

:lmao
I actually have pictures of myself dressed in this way. :depressed
In 1994 in Jr. High, I was the shiznit got damn it. :fro

Taco
03-09-2006, 09:06 AM
http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/he/photo/movie_pix/mtv/mtv_movie_awards_2003_photos/roselyn_sanchez/mtv17.jpg

Guys,

Sorry OSC but we guys are just Pigs!!! :lol

You think we are looking at her hair?!?!? :lol

I want Mrs Taco's "HAIR" to look like that. :hat

Slomo
03-09-2006, 09:32 AM

Please pick up these additional items to complete your look:
red lip liner
black liquid eyeliner
a body suit

there ya go.
Welcome to 1994.
OK I have no idea how this would look like. I need pictures!!!

Oh and to the original poster: What hair?

ObiwanGinobili
03-09-2006, 10:17 AM
OK I have no idea how this would look like. I need pictures!!!

Oh and to the original poster: What hair?

Slomo:
here's some prime examples
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a305/wryknow/other%20crap/slade.jpg
and i won't subject you to the complete awkward 6th grade picture... but here are my bangs. they were a bit short. idealy for this fashionabel look you want them to hit your eyebrows and curl under.
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a305/wryknow/other%20crap/bangs.jpg

Old School Chic
03-09-2006, 10:45 AM
Sorry OSC but we guys are just Pigs!!! :lol

You think we are looking at her hair?!?!? :lol

I want Mrs Taco's "HAIR" to look like that. :hat

All of you guys are bad... :lol

Now, If you want Mrs. Taco to have that hair, you can stop by Wal-Mart and purchase the new shampoo... :spin

Slomo
03-09-2006, 10:46 AM
Slomo:
here's some prime examples
and i won't subject you to the complete awkward 6th grade picture... but here are my bangs. they were a bit short. idealy for this fashionabel look you want them to hit your eyebrows and curl under.
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a305/wryknow/other%20crap/bangs.jpgOK I get it now!

It's not that bad, a bit retro, but not bad :)

midgetonadonkey
03-09-2006, 10:49 AM

She's hot.

Old School Chic
03-09-2006, 11:19 AM
She's hot.

:lmao

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-09-2006, 12:50 PM
She's hot.

Would you hit it?

SpursWoman
03-09-2006, 01:02 PM
nacho chip, landing strip, or brazilian, i wonder. hmmmm yes.

Nacho chip? :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

blaze89
03-09-2006, 01:06 PM

Wow! :spin :wow

SpursWoman
03-09-2006, 01:14 PM
Honestly, though, what's the difference between "Latina" hair and "cracka" hair as far as texture, etc., that would justify selling it as "especially for Latina's" ... other than just as a gimmick to pull one over on Latin women into thinking they are getting anything other than what's already on the market? Is it not good enough on it's own merit to compete with Pureology, Redkin ... and whatever other high-end brand of hair care that's out there already that it'd have to resort to that?

Don't be suckas, ladies. :lol

And as far as styling products, I'm a child of the 80's ... there isn't anything out there a Latina has done that I haven't seen just as bad on a white chick. :wow

I can post my yearbook pictures as evidence. :lmao

Taco
03-09-2006, 01:33 PM

http://spurstalk.com/hairprogress.jpg

midgetonadonkey
03-09-2006, 01:34 PM
Would you hit it?

In a heartbeat.

blaze89
03-09-2006, 01:34 PM

I remember back in school, some of the styles looked like they popped a popcorn kernel on their hair.

Old School Chic
03-09-2006, 06:01 PM

I remember back in school, some of the styles looked like they popped a popcorn kernel on their hair.

That was the style back then... I still see some girls with that same hair style from the 80's :lol

Taco
03-10-2006, 10:05 AM
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8711/shair0ra.jpg
Taco's Hair

No it's not a porcupine