PDA

View Full Version : If Spurs choke this season who will you blame?

Hooters Girl
03-09-2006, 06:15 PM
Coach Pop? or the players?

timvp
03-09-2006, 06:15 PM
Evasive camera angles.

WayDowntownBang
03-09-2006, 06:16 PM
Depends on how they would lose...

... dance little signature, dance.

spurschick
the rain

Big Worm
These fools will find a way to blame Mark Cuban patna!

leemajors
03-09-2006, 06:17 PM
blame it on the stars that shine at night

Brianna
03-09-2006, 06:17 PM
I have to go with the coach!

CosmicCowboy
03-09-2006, 06:18 PM
Fire Pop!!!!!

Oh, Gee!!
03-09-2006, 06:18 PM
I will blame all the fucking homers that post here for jinxing the Spurs.

Star Player
03-09-2006, 06:19 PM
blame it on the stars that shine at night

Spurs would not choke If I was on the team!

ChumpDumper
03-09-2006, 06:20 PM
I would blame turncoat fans in all their guises.

mavsfan1000
03-09-2006, 06:21 PM
I would blame Duncan.

Vingianx
03-09-2006, 06:22 PM
The Entire Team And Coach

I am Tom
03-09-2006, 06:23 PM
I will blame all the fucking homers that post here for jinxing the Spurs.

:lmao

Amen bro.

Vingianx
03-09-2006, 06:26 PM
then again, who says the Spurs are gonna lose?

DMFFL341
03-09-2006, 06:28 PM
then again, who says the Spurs are gonna lose?

Everybody.

mavsfan1000
03-09-2006, 06:28 PM
If Duncan doesn't play to his potential than he is to fault and could be the downfall of the spurs.

leemajors
03-09-2006, 06:30 PM
it's easy to play to your full potential with a nagging foot injury.

ChumpDumper
03-09-2006, 06:31 PM
It's pretty telling that the only folks who take this Mavfan's question seriously are Mavfans.

Vashner
03-09-2006, 06:31 PM
If they win another Ring you guys better savor each bite and taste...

I still live in 05 ring fantasy land and don't plan on coming out unless we win again..

AlamoSpursFan
03-09-2006, 06:32 PM
I will blame Fletch.

http://www.mlode.com/~cspgrafx/images/Fletch%20Laker.jpg

Kori Ellis
03-09-2006, 06:33 PM
I'll blame Mouse for jumping off the Spurs wagon in 2001.

samikeyp
03-09-2006, 06:34 PM
Everybody.

I don't....so it can't be everybody. Liar.

mouse
03-09-2006, 06:34 PM
I'll blame Mouse for jumping off the Spurs wagon in 2001.

I did not Jump off the Spurs wagon..................................

I Dove off ! :lmao

Suns Fan
03-09-2006, 06:36 PM
You would have to Blame Peter Holt for all the money he wasted on used Maverick players.

DMFFL341
03-09-2006, 06:44 PM
I don't....so it can't be everybody. Liar.

Things without brains aren't considered.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
03-09-2006, 06:47 PM
You would have to Blame Peter Holt for all the money he wasted on used Maverick players.

It is paid by Marc Cuban, so... :lol

Anyway, how it will hurt you and Marc when Finely hits a couple of game winning shots in the playoffs....and if it happens against the Mavs?

http://www.rensup.com/t/Shower_Rods_Dtl10945.jpg

FromWayDowntown
03-09-2006, 06:47 PM
Things without brains aren't considered.

After your comments in the other thread about the 1996-97 Spurs, I'd guess that you've now disqualified yourself too, eh?

I would, of course, blame DMFFL341, but just for the sake of emulating a Mavericks fan and finding some excuse for my team's failure.

ChumpDumper
03-09-2006, 06:49 PM
I would, of course, blame DMFFL341, but just for the sake of emulating a Mavericks fan and finding some excuse for my team's failure.Dirk also plans on blaming DMFFL341 when he loses. He's run out of teammates.

FromWayDowntown
03-09-2006, 06:52 PM
Dirk also plans on blaming DMFFL341 when he loses. He's run out of teammates.

And here I thought it was mavsfan1000, but I guess it would be hard to blame mavsfan1000 if Dirk has already thrown him under the bus.

After all, Utah is a bad city.

Hooters Girl
03-09-2006, 06:54 PM
Paly it safe and Blame the coyote :smokin

DannyT
03-09-2006, 06:54 PM
It's pretty telling that the only folks who take this Mavfan's question seriously are Mavfans.
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

that is fuckin hilarious

but on a side note i would blame canada......

DMFFL341
03-09-2006, 06:55 PM
Dirk also plans on blaming DMFFL341 when he loses. He's run out of teammates.

I hope Dirk does blame me when the Spurs lose and the Mavs win.

ChumpDumper
03-09-2006, 06:56 PM
I blame society for your inability to read.

DannyT
03-09-2006, 06:58 PM
I hope Dirk does blame me when the Spurs lose and the Mavs win.
womp womp womp womp......

DMFFL341
03-09-2006, 07:01 PM
I blame society for your inability to read.

My inability to read? Explain.

ChumpDumper
03-09-2006, 07:03 PM
Exactly.

SoCalSpursFan
03-09-2006, 07:04 PM
I'll blame Eva for distracting Tony.

DMFFL341
03-09-2006, 07:04 PM
Exactly.

Thanks for your indepth explanation.

DannyT
03-09-2006, 07:05 PM
post a picture....he might get it!!!

mouse
03-09-2006, 07:11 PM
If your Tim Duncan you blame Manu, if your Manu you blame Tony Parker, if your Tony Parker you blame Finley, If your Finley you blame Horry................

Peter Holt will blame Coach Pop, coach Pop will find a way to blame Bob Hill. the fans will find a way to blame themselves, and then the whole thing repeats itself.

Willinsa
03-09-2006, 07:13 PM
I would blame Stern.

DieMrBond
03-09-2006, 07:59 PM
Who said the Spurs were going to choke? And even if they lost... can't we just blame the other team?

Winston Wolf
03-09-2006, 08:00 PM
It is paid by Marc Cuban, so... :lol

Anyway, how it will hurt you and Marc when Finely hits a couple of game winning shots in the playoffs....and if it happens against the Mavs?

http://www.rensup.com/t/Shower_Rods_Dtl10945.jpg

where do you get your info from?

lil'mo
03-09-2006, 08:06 PM
i'll put it all on the National Cattlemen's Beef Association
THEY'RE THE REAL ANIMALS!!

KEDA
03-09-2006, 08:11 PM
I would blame that long haired bitch of a man they call MOUSE

mavsfan1000
03-09-2006, 08:19 PM
Why? It seems like every time mouse starts talking shit the spurs win. You should thank him.

big3bigD
03-09-2006, 08:28 PM
Mr.Bond is correct. If the Spurs lose, then the Dallas Mavericks will be to blame.

FromWayDowntown
03-09-2006, 08:32 PM
Mr.Bond is correct. If the Spurs lose, then the Dallas Mavericks will be to blame.

I'm not sure I follow -- what will the Mavericks would have to do with the Spurs dropping 4 of 7 to Detroit?

:D

big3bigD
03-09-2006, 08:41 PM
lol. Nothing at all, but I don't think that the Spurs would lose to Detroit (assuming that they would be at full health). If they lose, it will be in the 2nd round to Dallas.

lil'mo
03-09-2006, 08:41 PM
I'm not sure I follow -- what will the Mavericks would have to do with the Spurs dropping 4 of 7 to Detroit?

:D
cuban has connections

Please_dont_ban_me
03-09-2006, 08:58 PM
Tony Parker.

It scares me how well he's playing right now. If he chokes in the playoffs it will hurt us more than in the past, because he's a more important part of the offense now.

mavsfan1000
03-09-2006, 09:05 PM
Parker never chokes. It is always Duncan that looks gittery.

sa_butta
03-09-2006, 09:10 PM
Parker never chokes. It is always Duncan that looks gittery.I wouldnt say never, and for the millionth time Duncan is not 100% this season.

SA Gunslinger
03-09-2006, 09:14 PM
http://dbacon.igc.org/Portrait/PortBig/port18.jpg

The question is moot.

Extra Stout
03-09-2006, 09:16 PM
lol. Nothing at all, but I don't think that the Spurs would lose to Detroit (assuming that they would be at full health). If they lose, it will be in the 2nd round to Dallas.
Who is dumber, Mav fan or Laker fan?

Yeah, your team is better than Detroit. Sure. Chauncey Billups would use Adrian Griffin to pick his teeth clean after eating Jason Terry for lunch. And don't even get me started on Ben Wallace. He builds radio-control cars with more mental toughness than the Mavericks.

You people have no fucking clue. And it's a shame. Because, in a couple of years, once they get experience, the Mavericks might just win a championship, and you dipshits may be even less worthy of the thrill than those chodemonkeys in Southern California.

Russ
03-09-2006, 09:28 PM
If the Spurs choke this season, in Christ-like fashion I will blame myself. :)

Please_dont_ban_me
03-09-2006, 09:34 PM

He did in the first finals, when Speedy bailed him out.

He did last year, to an extent, when Manu played alot of point to cover up for TP's gag job.

Extra Stout
03-09-2006, 09:49 PM
So apparently you never watched basketball before this season. Of course. Selbstverstaendlich.

SouthernFried
03-09-2006, 10:03 PM
France.

If your unsure of who to blame for anything...blame France. You'll prolly be more right than not.

SenorSpur
03-09-2006, 10:06 PM
Everyone from Pop to Eva Longoria

Obstructed_View
03-09-2006, 10:08 PM
Blame Canada...

nkdlunch
03-09-2006, 10:34 PM
Spurs won't choke. They will either lose 'cause of injury or win the championship.

big3bigD
03-09-2006, 10:36 PM
Where's the hate comming from??

Well, you definately represent the most ignorant basketball fan that I've seen or heard. Do you care to try and present some actual facts, or do you prefer to just spit out dumbass opinions?

The Pistons didn't fare too well against the Mavs last time they played did they? They are also only two games better in the loss column while playing in a weak Eastern Conference and having suffered virtually no injuries. It's all about matchups and the Mavs match up very well with Detroit this season.

Come with some facts and talk ball man, you're making yourself look like a clown right now.

nkdlunch
03-09-2006, 10:38 PM
^ wtf u talkn about?

FromWayDowntown
03-09-2006, 10:38 PM
So apparently you never watched basketball before this season. Of course. Selbstverstaendlich.

Sure he has. He just didn't complete his thought -- let me do that for him:

Parker never chokes . . . against the Mavericks. It's always Duncan that looks gittery . . . when you're out on the lake and the boat is causing the television to rock while you watch the Finals.

big3bigD
03-09-2006, 10:40 PM
That was directed at Stout

FromWayDowntown
03-09-2006, 10:43 PM

Well, you definately represent the most ignorant basketball fan that I've seen or heard. Do you care to try and present some actual facts, or do you prefer to just spit out dumbass opinions?

The Pistons didn't fare too well against the Mavs last time they played did they? They are also only two games better in the loss column while playing in a weak Eastern Conference and having suffered virtually no injuries. It's all about matchups and the Mavs match up very well with Detroit this season.

Come with some facts and talk ball man, you're making yourself look like a clown right now.

So your argument basically boils down to one regular season game proving that the Mavericks could compete with the Pistons in an NBA Finals?

I'm not sure who on the Mavericks roster can effectively: (1) muscle up on Chauncey Billups; (2) keep Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace, and Antonio McDyess off the offensive and defensive glass; (3) chase Hamilton all over the floor without jeopardizing the offensive end; (4) defend Rasheed Wallace's varied offensive game; and (5) have the length and athleticism to deal with Prince.

For crissakes, I'm not sure who on the Spurs roster can do those things.

Obstructed_View
03-09-2006, 10:44 PM
So your argument basically boils down to one regular season game proving that the Mavericks could compete with the Pistons in an NBA Finals?
What he's saying is that the Mavericks have an excellent chance of winning the NCAA title.

1Parker1
03-09-2006, 10:49 PM
I'd blame everyone from the Coyote to the Silver Dancers for distracting the players...

big3bigD
03-09-2006, 11:02 PM
My argument was mainly about matchups, which you addressed, the game is just a reference point.

1) Nobody to muscle Billups, but they have nobody to match JT or Harris.
2) Diop, Howard, Dirk, Damp, ect,cet... the Mavs will have to use all of their bodies. Don't forget that they are one of the best rebounding teams in the league this season also.
3) Adrian Griffin, Josh Howard, Marquis Daniels can all make him work on both ends of the floor.
4) Rashweed would probably get his. Somebody has to go off.
5) Josh Howard is as good or better in every category.

This is not to say that the Mavs are worlds better than Detroit, but I definately think that they are the better team. This is also not just based on the one game, but at the same time, it's all that anyone has as an example of the two teams competing against each other.

big3bigD
03-09-2006, 11:05 PM
What he's saying is that the Mavericks have an excellent chance of winning the NCAA title.

lol. What I'm saying is that people like yourself make me extremely anxious for the Mavs to play the Spurs in the 2nd round. Keep bumping those gums, I'll just wait for the playoffs.

mavsfan1000
03-09-2006, 11:11 PM
The mavs can beat the pistons and spurs. I tell you Harris is the key to the spurs matchup. Harris can guard Parker and Terry can guard Bowen since Bowen is the 5th option. If Dallas plays a lineup of Harris, Terry, Howard, Nowitzki, and Dampier how is San Antonio going to defend that?

big3bigD
03-09-2006, 11:15 PM
I agree about Harris. Pop even refers to him as "that kid that nobody on our team can gaurd". He scored 20 points in the fourth quarter against the Spurs in that first game between the two. I still think that Diop should start in that lineup, but he also seems to be getting a little bit tired. Either way, Damp or Diop is better than Rasho or Nazr.

Jeff Probst
03-09-2006, 11:16 PM
My argument was mainly about matchups, which you addressed, the game is just a reference point.

2) Diop, Howard, Dirk, Damp, ect,cet... the Mavs will have to use all of their bodies. Don't forget that they are one of the best rebounding teams in the league this season also.
3) Adrian Griffin, Josh Howard, Marquis Daniels can all make him work on both ends of the floor.

This is not to say that the Mavs are worlds better than Detroit, but I definately think that they are the better team. This is also not just based on the one game, but at the same time, it's all that anyone has as an example of the two teams competing against each other.

This man knows his shit!

Extra Stout
03-09-2006, 11:19 PM

No, it's not about matchups. Only a Mavericks fan would be stupid enough to think it's about "matchups." Only a Mavericks fan would be stupid enough to compare regular season records against a team that has been in the Finals the last two seasons. Only a Mavericks fan would reference a regular season game from November or December, and think it amounts to a pile of shit in the playoffs.

I don't care if they beat your team 130-0 in November, they would pop all your cherries in a playoff series because they are EXPERIENCED and unrattleable, meanwhile the Mavericks end up with throbbing little vaginas after finding that their gawdy win total means jack shit against the two West teams who actually have accomplished something in a playoff series.

Meanwhile, your coach, who undoubtedly is frustrated because he does understand what it takes to win a championship, but can't impart that knowledge to his players until they see another team do it at their expense, has to go apeshit to the media after watching his team struggle to beat the worst team in the West, so tempted are they to curl into the fetal position after finding out that uh, gee, those Spurs and Suns still seem to have this other gear that we don't.

Well, guess what, jackass. The Spurs have two or three more gears after that. And even with all that in reserve, if they do end up beating the Pistons, it will be by the absolute skin of their teeth. And yet you think you can hang with Motown when it counts? Yeah, your team whipped up on the Spurs in November, too. How's that working out? If only they could play the Finals in November rather than June, tright?

Yet here come all you runny-nosed johnny-come-lately Mav fans, thinking you're all the shit because your team topped the Power Rankings on whatever website for some-odd weeks. You can't tell any of us the first thing about how your team is going to win a playoff series because you've never seen it. You have no clue. You probably think they can just waltz in with their favorable "matchups" and win without ever having experienced the intensity and pressure of a playoff series against a championship-caliber team. You don't know what it's going to take.

Of course, that doesn't matter, since you have no bearing on the outcome, but unfortunately for you, frankly, the Maverick players don't know either. They don't, and they can't know, until they see somebody do it to them.

So excuse me while I laugh my ass off at you calling me ignorant. Take your rosy-cheeked neophyte ass, tuck your tail between your legs, and go crawl back to that flat, sprawling, treeless, ugly hole in the ground called Dallas.

So you want facts?
How about playoff experience? Every starter on Detroit has seen 2 NBA Finals. They have 9 total players with Finals experience and a total of 10 who at least have been as far as the conference finals.

As for the Mavericks? Well, Keith Van Horn went to the Finals with the Nets in 2002, where he shot under 40% against future Hall of Famer Rick Fox, and probably got moved elsewhere, so impressed with him under pressure were the Nets. Then of course Dirk Nowitzki remains from the Woulda Shoulda Coulda 2003 Western Conference Finals.

Other than that, your team's playoff experience consists of going 7 games with a Rockets team that has proven to be nothing, then learning they couldn't match up with the intensity of a Suns team when then promptly got schooled by the Spurs.

Can you tell me what was the last time a team so inexperienced and with such a scrawny resume turned around and knocked off a defending champion? Clue: They had Hakeem Olajuwon and Ralph Sampson on their team, and you probably weren't born yet. And, certainly, you can't name more than one player on the Mavericks from that season without using Google.

FromWayDowntown
03-09-2006, 11:19 PM
My aegument was mainly about matchups, which you addressed, the game is just a reference point.

This is not to say that the Mavs are worlds better than Detroit, but I definately think that they are the better team. This is also not just based on the one game, but at the same time, it's all that anyone has as an example of the two teams competing against each other.'

Yeah, I'll seriously disagree with your assessments. A playoff series is a different beast than a single regular season game. My point is that in a playoff series, the Mavericks don't seem to have personnel that can deal with the particular problems that the Pistons present and the problems that the Pistons can create with adjustments to take advantage of their personnel. Meanwhile, the Pistons have people who are capable of consistently defending the Mavericks biggest threats and dealing with the Mavs relative defensive strengths.

As for your rebuttals to my particular points:

Billups is perfectly capable of hanging with either Harris or Terry. He's able to hang against pretty much every point in the NBA that he doesn't dominate.

I don't know that Diop or Dampier are athletic enough to get a body on those Detroit bigs on a consistent basis. Detroit kills teams because their bigs are so athletic that they can't be kept off the glass by big-bigs consistently, which allows them to end possessions on the defensive end and get second and third looks on the offensive end. Dirk is not the sort of physical presence that will have much to say about what the Wallace boys want to do on the glass, and Josh Howard is going to have a difficult time dealing with their length and strength.

I think the bigger problem is what to do with Hamilton -- I don't think Griffin is quick enough to run with Hamilton for very long; Daniels might be able to do some of that, but that means you have to play Daniels for long periods of time, which I don't see as advantageous to the Mavericks. If you put Howard on Hamilton, you will waste his energy on the defensive end and make him far less effective on the offensive end. Hamilton isn't a player who gets tired or worn down, so it's not an answer to say that he'll have to work on the defensive end.

Rasheed would, indeed, get his over the course of a long series -- if Dirk tries to defend him, Rasheed will go nuts.

Josh Howard is not as long as Prince (though if Howard tries to check Hamilton, that would be irrelevant) and isn't in Prince's league as a defender, a ball-handler, or a shooter. Howard is a more prolific scorer, probably a better rebounder, and maybe more athletic overall. But if that's the most favorable matchup for the Mavericks, I'd say they've got problems.

Daddys Girl
03-09-2006, 11:20 PM
Tony Parker.

It scares me how well he's playing right now. If he chokes in the playoffs it will hurt us more than in the past, because he's a more important part of the offense now.

This person makes a good point, To many times Pop puts the game in Tony's hands, and when he is cold he is cold. I would blame Parker

Fat boy
03-09-2006, 11:22 PM
'

Yeah, I'll seriously disagree with your assessments. A playoff series is a different beast than a single regular season game. My point is that in a playoff series, the Mavericks don't seem to have personnel that can deal with the particular problems that the Pistons present and the problems that the Pistons can create with adjustments to take advantage of their personnel. Meanwhile, the Pistons have people who are capable of consistently defending the Mavericks biggest threats and dealing with the Mavs relative defensive strengths.

Billups is perfectly capable of hanging with either Harris or Terry. He's able to hang against pretty much every point in the NBA that he doesn't dominate.

I don't know that Diop or Dampier are athletic enough to get a body on those Detroit bigs on a consistent basis. Detroit kills teams because their bigs are so athletic that they can't be kept off the glass by big-bigs consistently, which allows them to end possessions on the defensive end and get second and third looks on the offensive end. Dirk is not the sort of physical presence that will have much to say about what the Wallace boys want to do on the glass, and Josh Howard is going to have a difficult time dealing with their length and strength.

I think the bigger problem is what to do with Hamilton -- I don't think Griffin is quick enough to run with Hamilton for very long; Daniels might be able to do some of that, but that means you have to play Daniels for long periods of time, which I don't see as advantageous to the Mavericks. If you put Howard on Hamilton, you will waste his energy on the defensive end and make him far less effective on the offensive end. Hamilton isn't a player who gets tired or worn down, so it's not an answer to say that he'll have to work on the defensive end.

Rasheed would, indeed, get his over the course of a long series -- if Dirk tries to defend him, Rasheed will go nuts.

Josh Howard is not as long as Prince (though if Howard tries to check Hamilton, that would be irrelevant) and isn't in Prince's league as a defender, a ball-handler, or a shooter. Howard is a more prolific scorer, probably a better rebounder, and maybe more athletic overall. But if that's the most favorable matchup for the Mavericks, I'd say they've got problems.

That is one hell of a post are you a writer?

Hooters Girl
03-09-2006, 11:26 PM

solid post my man
:princess

Rummpd
03-09-2006, 11:29 PM
Spurs will not choke they may get beat by a very hot team, Dallas, Suns are capable as is certainly Detroit. Or they may get a key injury.

This team is set to win a few more championships with a couple of additions. No worries.

Looter
03-09-2006, 11:34 PM
Who is dumber, Mav fan or Laker fan?

Yeah, your team is better than Detroit. Sure. Chauncey Billups would use Adrian Griffin to pick his teeth clean after eating Jason Terry for lunch. And don't even get me started on Ben Wallace. He builds radio-control cars with more mental toughness than the Mavericks.

You people have no fucking clue. And it's a shame. Because, in a couple of years, once they get experience, the Mavericks might just win a championship, and you dipshits may be even less worthy of the thrill than those chodemonkeys in Southern California.

Chodemonkeys :lmao

big3bigD
03-09-2006, 11:38 PM
No, it's not about matchups. Only a Mavericks fan would be stupid enough to think it's about "matchups." Only a Mavericks fan would be stupid enough to compare regular season records against a team that has been in the Finals the last two seasons. Only a Mavericks fan would reference a regular season game from November or December, and think it amounts to a pile of shit in the playoffs.

I don't care if they beat your team 130-0 in November, they would pop all your cherries in a playoff series because they are EXPERIENCED and unrattleable, meanwhile the Mavericks end up with throbbing little vaginas after finding that their gawdy win total means jack shit against the two West teams who actually have accomplished something in a playoff series.

Meanwhile, your coach, who undoubtedly is frustrated because he does understand what it takes to win a championship, but can't impart that knowledge to his players until they see another team do it at their expense, has to go apeshit to the media after watching his team struggle to beat the worst team in the West, so tempted are they to curl into the fetal position after finding out that uh, gee, those Spurs and Suns still seem to have this other gear that we don't.

Well, guess what, jackass. The Spurs have two or three more gears after that. And even with all that in reserve, if they do end up beating the Pistons, it will be by the absolute skin of their teeth. And yet you think you can hang with Motown when it counts? Yeah, your team whipped up on the Spurs in November, too. How's that working out? If only they could play the Finals in November rather than June, tright?

Yet here come all you runny-nosed johnny-come-lately Mav fans, thinking you're all the shit because your team topped the Power Rankings on whatever website for some-odd weeks. You can't tell any of us the first thing about how your team is going to win a playoff series because you've never seen it. You have no clue. You probably think they can just waltz in with their favorable "matchups" and win without ever having experienced the intensity and pressure of a playoff series against a championship-caliber team. You don't know what it's going to take.

Of course, that doesn't matter, since you have no bearing on the outcome, but unfortunately for you, frankly, the Maverick players don't know either. They don't, and they can't know, until they see somebody do it to them.

So excuse me while I laugh my ass off at you calling me ignorant. Take your rosy-cheeked neophyte ass, tuck your tail between your legs, and go crawl back to that flat, sprawling, treeless, ugly hole in the ground called Dallas.

So you want facts?
How about playoff experience? Every starter on Detroit has seen 2 NBA Finals. They have 9 total players with Finals experience and a total of 10 who at least have been as far as the conference finals.

As for the Mavericks? Well, Keith Van Horn went to the Finals with the Nets in 2002, where he shot under 40% against future Hall of Famer Rick Fox, and probably got moved elsewhere, so impressed with him under pressure were the Nets. Then of course Dirk Nowitzki remains from the Woulda Shoulda Coulda 2003 Western Conference Finals.

Other than that, your team's playoff experience consists of going 7 games with a Rockets team that has proven to be nothing, then learning they couldn't match up with the intensity of a Suns team when then promptly got schooled by the Spurs.

Can you tell me what was the last time a team so inexperienced and with such a scrawny resume turned around and knocked off a defending champion? Clue: They had Hakeem Olajuwon and Ralph Sampson on their team, and you probably weren't born yet. And, certainly, you can't name more than one player on the Mavericks from that season without using Google.

Whatever man. You are still just spitting out that simple, dumbass opinion of yours. The only facts that your challenged mind is able to muster have are references to past seasons. We are talking about different teams now. The pistons made the Finals two years a row in the WEAK EAST??!! SO WHAT?? That's like being the 3rd 4th or 5th best team in the West.

Experience has to come from someplace. It was the Pistons who had no experience the year that they beat the Lakers. Experience,blah, blah, blah... It is[B] all about matchups, or have they stopped playing the games and just decide the champs based on what they did in the playoffs last season??

Once again, you continue to make yourself look like a clown. Keep holding on to yesterday, little man, and I will look to the Mavs' bright future.

Also, Iv'e been a Mavs fan since they were a team in the NBA, so don't try any of that banwagon bullshit with me. I've followed this team through every rotten season that they have had and through all of the good ones as well.

FromWayDowntown
03-09-2006, 11:45 PM
Whatever clown. You are still just stitting out that simple, dumbass opinion of yours. The only facts that your challenged mind is able to muster have are references to past seasons. The pistons made the Finals two years a row in the WEAK EAST??!! SO WHAT?? That's like being the 3rd 4th or 5th best team in the West.

Nice logic . . . . other than the fact that the Pistons won one of those series and had a lead on the road in Game 7 of the other. If the East is weak, the Pistons are clearly the class of that conference and would be successful in either conference.

Experience has to come from someplace. It was the Pistons who had no experience the year that they beat the Lakers. Experience,blah, blah, blah... It is[B] all about matchups, or have they stopped playing the games and just decide the champs based on what they did in the playoffs last season?? Shape up and fly right dumbass.

Uh, except that pretty much the same Pistons team had played in the Eastern Conference Finals in 2003. Their major addition before the 2004 Finals was Rasheed Wallace, who had at least twice played in conference finals and had plenty of playoff experience, particularly against LA. I don't think it's quite as simple as you try to make it appear.

midgetonadonkey
03-09-2006, 11:47 PM
I will blame my Uncle Julio.

Peter
03-09-2006, 11:51 PM

So you want facts?

http://www.duncancc.bc.ca/images/applause%203.jpg

Post of the Year.

mavsfan1000
03-10-2006, 12:38 AM
I could tell you how Harris would change the game for Dallas.
1. Harris is a pure point guard. No longer will Dallas have to rely on 1 on 1 since Harris is able to create for others.
2. Harris is Dallas's best defensive point guard and can keep up with any point guard.
3. Also a lineup of Harris, Terry, Howard, Nowitkzi, and Dampier would force Duncan to guard Josh Howard which is a matchup problem for San Antonio. I know San Antonio is a great defensive team but I think the quickness of Dallas will give San Antonio some major problems.

FromWayDowntown
03-10-2006, 12:40 AM
3. Also a lineup of Harris, Terry, Howard, Nowitkzi, and Dampier would force Duncan to guard Josh Howard which is a matchup problem for San Antonio. I know San Antonio is a great defensive team but I think the quickness of Dallas will give San Antonio some major problems.

Only if you assume that Popovich won't adjust his lineup and meet whatever challenges that poses.

Looter
03-10-2006, 12:45 AM
http://www.duncancc.bc.ca/images/applause%203.jpg

Post of the Year.

Of the day? maybe of the week? who knows. but of the year?

nothing beats this one

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18939

mavsfan1000
03-10-2006, 12:46 AM
If San Antonio tries to match up with Dallas than I think Dallas has them where they want. Who on the spurs bench can matchup unless they move Duncan to center and put in Finley, Barry, or Horry in?

FromWayDowntown
03-10-2006, 12:47 AM
If San Antonio tries to match up with Dallas than I think Dallas has them where they want. Who on the spurs bench can matchup unless they move Duncan to center and put in Finley, Barry, or Horry in?

Yes, well Finley, Barry and Horry all struggled mightily in that last game between the Spurs and Mavericks.

Of course Devin Harris probably could have stopped all of them, so that game really didn't mean anything.

big3bigD
03-10-2006, 12:50 AM
'

I disagree. The Pistoins do not have particularly good personell which which to defend the Mavs.

As for your rebuttals to my rebuttals:

Billups isn't nearly quick enough to consistently defend either JT or Harris, nor has he ever dominated either player. His only advantage will be on offense if he can post up either one because of his strength and size. Other than that, he doesn't match up well with Dallas' 1's.

Both Diop and Damp should fare just fine against Detroit's bigs, and Howard's length and athleticsm will allow him to hang as well. As I said before, Dallas is a very good rebounding team this season, and does not allow alot of odffensive rebounds while actually being among the league leaders in getting offensive rebounds. Also, talk all of the mess you want about Dampier, but he is currently the league leader in offensive rebounds. Dirk may not be physical when compared to either of the Wallace boys, but you can still pencil him in for his 10 boards a game. Most of those rebounds will be on the defensive end, further limiting Detroit's second chance opportunities.

Look for Griffin to start out on Hamilton, but he will have to switch on him alot. Griffin may actually spend some time on Billups also. Harris, Daniels and Howard will all probably take stabs at chasing Hamilton down. Daniels is an extremely versitle player, believe me, having him in the game is definately a good thing for Dallas. The same point of high energy applies to Howard. He does not get tired in games.

I've seen the Dirk/Rashweed matchup many times. Even in the Portland days up until now, Dirk wins that matchup. Dirk actually has much better stats when being gaurded by Sheed than does Sheed when being gaurded by Dirk. I'll take that matchup every time for the Mavs.

The most favorable matchup for Dallas is Dirk/Sheed. Howard is actually basically as long as Prince. Prince is 6'9 with a 7'2 wingspan. Howard is 6'7 with a 7'1 wingspan. So, Prince has exactly 1 inch over him, but as you said, Howard is the better athlete.

Any way you look at it the Mavs would have several problems with the Pistons in a 7 game series. They would also win that series.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-10-2006, 12:53 AM
such jaded outlook. can't you realize the hype is just that. HYPE. give it up. save you typing strokes for next year. you lost to us and the suns. the suns ON YOUR COURT. your 24 point comeback from the CHAMPIONSHIP RAPTORS have been deflated by the championship spurs and far from championship suns. what a waste. oh well. earn your respect next year.....IF YOU CAN. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

mavsfan1000
03-10-2006, 12:54 AM
Well I think I got a good point of bad matchups and good ball movement is the way to beat San Antonio. I guess you don't see it but a bad matchup against Houston almost cost Dallas to lose in first round. We'll see in the last regular season game against San Antonio if that makes the difference or not but I say Harris is our 3rd or 4th best player now.

ChumpDumper
If I had a nickel for every Mav matchup paper champion post in this forum, I'd have $7.45.

Viva Las Espuelas
"and Somebody Said.....fair Warning......lordd....looooooorrrrrdddd. Strike Those Poor Mavs Down"

mavsfan1000
03-10-2006, 01:03 AM
I guess Spurs fans just don't want to hear anything that could possibly knock them off. They just want to hear that Harris is a back up point guard and nobody can guard Duncan. We'll see when the mavs are FULLY healthy how it turns out.

big3bigD
03-10-2006, 01:03 AM
I'm not claiming that the Mavs are already champions or are the favorites or anything like that.

It's just ignorant to completely disregard the possibility of this year's squad being able to win based on the performances of past teams.

The Celtics and Bulls both have great histories, but that does not make them contenders this season any more than the Mavs past playoff defeats hurt their chances of winning this season.

ChumpDumper
03-10-2006, 01:04 AM
Change your diaper, junior.

The Mavs have a chance.

Whoopie.

FromWayDowntown
03-10-2006, 01:04 AM
I disagree. The Pistoins do not have particularly good personell which which to defend the Mavs.

Well, sometimes we see what we want to see and believe what we want to believe.

Billups isn't nearly quick enough to consistently defend either JT or Harris, nor has he ever dominated either player. His only advantage will be on offense if he can post up either one because of his strength and size. Other than that, he doesn't match up well with Dallas' 1's.

That's a fairly remarkable statement, given the relative success that Billups had with Parker in last year's Finals. Billups can muscle both Terry and Harris and divert them from where they wish to go, and in the heat of a Finals series, he'll get away with it because officials actually let the teams play. It's remarkable to me that anyone could honestly think that Chauncey Billups is somehow a bad matchup against any NBA point guard.

Both Diop and Damp should fare just fine against Detroit's bigs, and Howard's length and athleticsm will allow him to hang as well. As I said before, Dallas is a very good rebounding team this season, and does not allow alot of odffensive rebounds while actually being among the league leaders in getting offensive rebounds. Also, talk all of the mess you want about Dampier, but he is currently the league leader in offensive rebounds. Dirk may not be physical when compared to either of the Wallace boys, but you can still pencil him in for his 10 boards a game. Most of those rebounds will be on the defensive end, further limiting Detroit's second chance opportunities.

Dallas doesn't play Detroit every night. Rebounding numbers during the regular season are all relative -- they're skewed to some extent because good teams tend to rebound the ball well (Phoenix would be an exception) and that rebounding fuels their success. I don't see that Diop or Dampier have the lateral quickness to stay with Ben Wallace as he roams the lane looking to rebound the ball. Even if they can get a body on him, I'm not sure that either is physically strong enough to deny Ben those boards on a regular basis. I doubt you'd find many who would agree with your suggestion that they could do that.

The notion of penciling Dirk in for 10 rebounds a night is something of a stretch, given that he's not even averaging 9 rebounds per game this season.

I'll address the rest later; it's all academic, though. The Mavericks would seem to have one game left with Detroit this season.

mavsfan1000
03-10-2006, 01:13 AM
Well I agree that the Mavs don't matchup as well to the Pistons but I think Dampier is strong enough to hold Ben Wallace away from the boards. Also Josh Howard has had a lot of success against Prince in previous games. Also Dallas can throw Daniels or Griffin on Billups if needed to matchup strength wise. They are on opposite conferences so why are we talking about this matchup? I'm thinking mavs and spurs first.

big3bigD
03-10-2006, 01:14 AM
Change your diaper, junior.

The Mavs have a chance.

Whoopie.

Stay out of my business there son, nobody gives a damn what someone like yourself thinks about anything. I'm simply stating the ignorance of that most frequently used argument against the Mavs. All of this means nothing anyway. The playoffs are all that matter.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-10-2006, 01:15 AM
Well I agree that the Mavs don't matchup as well to the Pistons but I think Dampier is strong enough to hold Ben Wallace away from the boards. Also Josh Howard has had a lot of success against Prince in previous games. Also Dallas can throw Daniels or Griffin on Billups if needed to matchup strength wise. They are on opposite conferences so why are we talking about this matchup? I'm thinking mavs and spurs first.
oh, how feeble minded you are. please save this for may. i want you to see how misguided you are. rust in peace.

ChumpDumper
03-10-2006, 01:17 AM
Stay out of my business there son, nobody gives a damn what someone like yourself thinks about anything.And everyone on the Spurs board gives a flying shit about your paper championship?

:lol

Don't forget to powder, you'll get a rash.

mavsfan1000
03-10-2006, 01:21 AM
Well paper championships sometimes come true. I think visualizing the game and what it takes to spread out San Antonio's defense while at the same time keeping the defensive intensity that Dallas has been doing all year is the key. Of course I only get dumbass responses like the ones above that hardly have any thought to them.

ChumpDumper
03-10-2006, 01:22 AM
Well paper championships sometimes come true.I got $7.45 that says they haven't for the Mavs.

big3bigD
03-10-2006, 01:27 AM

That's a fairly remarkable statement, given the relative success that Billups had with Parker in last year's Finals. Billups can muscle both Terry and Harris and divert them from where they wish to go, and in the heat of a Finals series, he'll get away with it because officials actually let the teams play. It's remarkable to me that anyone could honestly think that Chauncey Billups is somehow a bad matchup against any NBA point guard.

Dallas doesn't play Detroit every night. Rebounding numbers during the regular season are all relative -- they're skewed to some extent because good teams tend to rebound the ball well (Phoenix would be an exception) and that rebounding fuels their success. I don't see that Diop or Dampier have the lateral quickness to stay with Ben Wallace as he roams the lane looking to rebound the ball. Even if they can get a body on him, I'm not sure that either is physically strong enough to deny Ben those boards on a regular basis. I doubt you'd find many who would agree with your suggestion that they could do that.

The notion of penciling Dirk in for 10 rebounds a night is something of a stretch, given that he's not even averaging 9 rebounds per game this season.

I'll address the rest later; it's all academic, though. The Mavericks would seem to have one game left with Detroit this season.

I'm beginning to see what you mean about seeing only what you want to see. Some, but definately not all of the fans here are strictly dwelling in the past and not even addressing the present.

I never said bad matchup, just favorable with what the Mavs have at the 1. He's not quick enough to handle either player. Parker has a history of chocking in the post season, it's no surprise that Billups dominated him.

If you read the post, you see that I suggest that the entire Mavs team is capeable of rebounding successfully against the Pistons, not just those two. I don't see how regular season rebounding numbers can be skewered. Talk about seeing only what you want to see. LOL

I agree though. This is all academic. To get to the Pistons, the Mavs would have to beat the Spurs, Suns, Clippers ect..., and there is plenty of work for Dallas to do until they worry about any of that.

Good talking ball with you. You are obviously a knowledgeable fan of the game.

milkyway21
03-10-2006, 01:28 AM
I'll blame it on this

http://heelspurs.com/p/pf.gif

http://heelspurs.com/zpics/PF3B.gif

big3bigD
03-10-2006, 01:34 AM
I'll blame it on this

http://heelspurs.com/p/pf.gif

http://heelspurs.com/zpics/PF3B.gif

LOL. true enough.

Jesus
03-10-2006, 01:51 AM

Look for Griffin to start out on Hamilton, but he will have to switch on him alot. Griffin may actually spend some time on Billups also. Harris, Daniels and Howard will all probably take stabs at chasing Hamilton down. Daniels is an extremely versitle player, believe me, having him in the game is definately a good thing for Dallas. The same point of high energy applies to Howard. He does not get tired in games.

I've seen the Dirk/Rashweed matchup many times. Even in the Portland days up until now, Dirk wins that matchup. Dirk actually has much better stats when being gaurded by Sheed than does Sheed when being gaurded by Dirk. I'll take that matchup every time for the Mavs.

The most favorable matchup for Dallas is Dirk/Sheed. Howard is actually basically as long as Prince. Prince is 6'9 with a 7'2 wingspan. Howard is 6'7 with a 7'1 wingspan. So, Prince has exactly 1 inch over him, but as you said, Howard is the better athlete.

Any way you look at it the Mavs would have several problems with the Pistons in a 7 game series. They would also win that series.

You should write for SI

milkyway21
03-10-2006, 01:52 AM
LOL. true enough.lol.:D IF Tim Duncan didn't have this injury he could be playing for his 3rd MVP right now..

There's no real threat. Kobe had 81 pt-2nd best all time record but he's still catching his breath looking in for the 8th seed right now.

KG simply does not have the "IT" this yr.

the Spurs have the best record so far in the West.

there's only Nash, Dirk & Elton.

But Tim beat Dallas twice & Nash tiwce as well as of this moment.

that only leave Elton Brand. But Spurs has better record. Edge.

only there's this nagging Plantar Fasciitis.

and the Spurs' destiny for a repeat remains a big question. How long can Duncan survive the pain?

T Park.
03-10-2006, 01:53 AM

Nice quote job I have to agree with this post

Extra Stout
03-10-2006, 10:30 AM
Whatever man. You are still just spitting out that simple, dumbass opinion of yours. The only facts that your challenged mind is able to muster have are references to past seasons. We are talking about different teams now. The pistons made the Finals two years a row in the WEAK EAST??!! SO WHAT?? That's like being the 3rd 4th or 5th best team in the West.

Experience has to come from someplace. It was the Pistons who had no experience the year that they beat the Lakers. Experience,blah, blah, blah... It is[B] all about matchups, or have they stopped playing the games and just decide the champs based on what they did in the playoffs last season??
The Pistons cut their teeth the year before. First they lost in the conference finals to New Jersey, then they made the jump.

This "weak East" stuff is BS. Sure, down past the elite teams, the middle of that conference is weak. Most of the real dogs, like Atlanta and New York, are in the East. But at the top of the conference, those teams are legit. Besides, the West isn't exactly anything special anymore. Other than SA, Dallas, and Phoenix, nobody is exactly tearing it up.

And matchup advantages are great and all, until you're asking a guy who's never been in a certain situation before to execute at the level necessary to beat a team like the Spurs. And the situations are totally different in a long series when the opposing team becomes familiar with every strength and weakness of your team. They take away your comfort zone. Can you win anyway?

Teams will let you settle into a rhythm playing one way for three quarters, then mix up their looks and force you to execute something else in the fourth quarter. If Dirk Nowitzki is taking all the big shots through three quarters, can Jason Terry and Josh Howard stay mentally prepared to take the big shots in the fourth quarter, when the defense changes and forces the ball out of Dirk's hands? Can they stay in the rhythm of the game? When you haven't been in the flow of the game for 36 minutes, even wide-open shots are tought to hit if you haven't maintained that level of mental discipline and intensity. If the offense breaks down, is there still somebody to act as a safety valve?

With any of the legion types of adversity that a team can encounter, do they still know how to respond? Teams with experience in the deep playoff rounds already have gone through those situations. They aren't rattled by them. They aren't caught unprepared.

And rare is the team that can figure it out on the fly against a proven, experienced, successful playoff contender. Much more common is the team that gets whacked the first time or the first couple of times, figures it out, then comes back the next year and has a real shot to win.

The Spurs had to figure it out against the Lakers
The Pistons had to figure it out (once) against the Nets
The Lakers had to figure it out against the Jazz and the Spurs
The Bulls had to figure it out against the Pistons
The Pistons had to figure it out against the Celtics
The Celtics had to figure it out against the Sixers
The Sixers had to figure it out against the Lakers
...and so on, back into the distant NBA past

Occasionally, a team gets lucky and breaks through in a wide-open year when there is no king of the mountain to topple, like the Spurs in 1999, or the Rockets in 1994. But that is not the case this year.

If you choose to ignore the countless examples of that in the past, it's because you don't want to deal with it. You want to believe that THIS is the Mavericks year, that they're not going to win 63 games and flame out in the second round.

Now, I hate to admit it to a shit-for-brains like you, but Dallas may well be the team that knocks the Spurs off the throne, say in '07 or '08. They're a well-built team, with depth, a variety of players with complementary strengths, good chemistry, and great coaching. But they're not ready to take out of the oven yet. They stll have to earn their stripes.

kskonn
03-10-2006, 11:00 AM
I'm beginning to see what you mean about seeing only what you want to see. Some, but definately not all of the fans here are strictly dwelling in the past and not even addressing the present.

I never said bad matchup, just favorable with what the Mavs have at the 1. He's not quick enough to handle either player. Parker has a history of chocking in the post season, it's no surprise that Billups dominated him.

If you read the post, you see that I suggest that the entire Mavs team is capeable of rebounding successfully against the Pistons, not just those two. I don't see how regular season rebounding numbers can be skewered. Talk about seeing only what you want to see. LOL

I agree though. This is all academic. To get to the Pistons, the Mavs would have to beat the Spurs, Suns, Clippers ect..., and there is plenty of work for Dallas to do until they worry about any of that.

Good talking ball with you. You are obviously a knowledgeable fan of the game.

well I can only say this, I personally think the Mavs have a good shot at making some noise in the playoffs this year.

However I also think that their biggest issue will be sustaining a high level of defense for an entire series. We saw them breakdown in the spurs game, but maybe their offense will be good enough to overcome that.

Also if you want other people to quit dwelling in the past then so should you. Tony parker has done everything this year better than in the past, so because he has had sub par performances in past playoff performances does not automatically mean he will do the same this year. he could very well be the guy that leads the spurs to another championship.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-10-2006, 11:18 AM
The Mavs fans are right, we shouldn't live in last season. Instead let's live in last week where the Mavs dropped games against the Suns and Spurs in the fourth quarter. Championship teams can ball for 48 minutes. The Mavs can't. Therefore the Mavs are not a championship team. Easy enough?

Fat boy
03-10-2006, 11:31 AM
well I can only say this, I personally think the Mavs have a good shot at making some noise in the playoffs this year.

However I also think that their biggest issue will be sustaining a high level of defense for an entire series. We saw them breakdown in the spurs game, but maybe their offense will be good enough to overcome that.

Also if you want other people to quit dwelling in the past then so should you. Tony parker has done everything this year better than in the past, so because he has had sub par performances in past playoff performances does not automatically mean he will do the same this year. he could very well be the guy that leads the spurs to another championship.

Good post!

Extra Stout
03-10-2006, 11:37 AM
The Mavs fans are right, we shouldn't live in last season. Instead let's live in last week where the Mavs dropped games against the Suns and Spurs in the fourth quarter. Championship teams can ball for 48 minutes. The Mavs can't. Therefore the Mavs are not a championship team. Easy enough?
But... but... there's no mental aspect to basketball! They have matchups! They have Devin Harris! Executing under pressure while elimination looms is the easy part! Metroplex fans are so smart because they listen to ESPN 103.3!

Troll
03-10-2006, 11:38 AM
lol.:D IF Tim Duncan didn't have this injury he could be playing for his 3rd MVP right now..

There's no real threat. Kobe had 81 pt-2nd best all time record but he's still catching his breath looking in for the 8th seed right now.

KG simply does not have the "IT" this yr.

the Spurs have the best record so far in the West.

there's only Nash, Dirk & Elton.

But Tim beat Dallas twice & Nash tiwce as well as of this moment.

that only leave Elton Brand. But Spurs has better record. Edge.

only there's this nagging Plantar Fasciitis.

and the Spurs' destiny for a repeat remains a big question. How long can Duncan survive the pain?

This person makes many good points!

mouse
03-10-2006, 11:57 AM
'

This person is SI material!!

Old School Chic
03-10-2006, 12:03 PM
If Spurs choke this season who will you blame?

You

mugatu
03-10-2006, 12:05 PM
If Spurs choke this season who will you blame?

You

short and to the point

Old School Chic
03-10-2006, 12:06 PM
short and to the point

Exactly

coopdogg3
03-10-2006, 12:19 PM
If I had a nickel for every Mav matchup paper champion post in this forum, I'd have $7.45.

Remember all those paper matchups that were presented by those Pacers' fans?? Those were fun too. :lol

Smackie Chan
03-10-2006, 12:23 PM
Well paper championships sometimes come true. I think visualizing the game and what it takes to spread out San Antonio's defense while at the same time keeping the defensive intensity that Dallas has been doing all year is the key. Of course I only get dumbass responses like the ones above that hardly have any thought to them.

This person here can lay down the smack, and has to deal with over 100 of you, all by himself

I am Tom
03-10-2006, 12:25 PM
Exactly

:lmao

post of the day!

Extra Stout
03-10-2006, 12:31 PM
Well I think I got a good point of bad matchups and good ball movement is the way to beat San Antonio. I guess you don't see it but a bad matchup against Houston almost cost Dallas to lose in first round. We'll see in the last regular season game against San Antonio if that makes the difference or not but I say Harris is our 3rd or 4th best player now.Yes that Ryan Bowen-Dirk Nowitzki matchup was a real killer for the Mavericks. I'm sure it had everything to do with Ryan Bowen's unique skill set in that "matchup," and not Dirk Nowitzki's shrinking nuts.

Perhaps just seeing "Bowen" on a jersey makes Dirk wet himself?

Extra Stout
03-10-2006, 12:35 PM
I guess Spurs fans just don't want to hear anything that could possibly knock them off. They just want to hear that Harris is a back up point guard and nobody can guard Duncan. We'll see when the mavs are FULLY healthy how it turns out.
Detroit easily could knock the Spurs off. If I had to bet, I'd say they probably will. Phoenix has a shot provided they can get healthy and get Amare integrated into the team.

Not Dallas. Maybe next year.

Come May, you Mavs fans will be ripping your team apart for "choking" against the Spurs in a series they never had a great shot to win in the first place.

We've seen it before from Laker fans. The difference is that at least there are a decent number of really insightful, terrific Laker fans here and there in the wasteland of crap. I've counted, um, maybe two intelligent Dallas fans in a metropolitan area of 5.5 million.

Tonto
03-10-2006, 12:39 PM
Detroit easily could knock the Spurs off. If I had to bet, I'd say they probably will. Phoenix has a shot provided they can get healthy and get Amare integrated into the team.

Not Dallas. Maybe next year.

Come May, you Mavs fans will be ripping your team apart for "choking" against the Spurs in a series they never had a great shot to win in the first place.

We've seen it before from Laker fans. The difference is that at least there are a decent number of really insightful, terrific Laker fans here and there in the wasteland of crap. I've counted, um, maybe two intelligent Dallas fans in a metropolitan area of 5.5 million.

tonto say this paleface poster
knows his paleface shit

Extra Stout
03-10-2006, 12:41 PM
This person is SI material!!
Kelly Dwyer, maybe.

MrChug
03-10-2006, 01:02 PM
That Plantar Fascitis guy. I think he's Greek...his name sounds Greek. He's such a bastard. He's been fcuking with us all season! :bang

Mr Roper
03-10-2006, 01:20 PM
nice link thanks

I will blame Pop and Parker

Pop for not trading him and Parker for not earning his pay

kskonn
03-10-2006, 01:53 PM
nice link thanks

I will blame Pop and Parker

Pop for not trading him and Parker for not earning his pay

right..... parker not earning his pay.....

rayray2k8
03-10-2006, 03:43 PM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a290/slappzilla/781612781435dc0da35b74.gif
I uh... uh... um.. :oops huh? :lol

PM5K
03-10-2006, 03:46 PM
I won't blame anyone because it won't happen, if we are healthy we will win, even if we aren't we still have a damn good shot at winning...

LilMissSPURfect
03-10-2006, 06:31 PM
If SPURS choke..

do that mean no parrrty downtown? :angel

mouse
03-12-2006, 10:57 AM
After that laker ass waxing the Spurs just got? the blame game is in full effect! :lmao