PDA

View Full Version : Duncan's injury benefit?

Sense
03-10-2006, 12:04 AM
Does anyone else notice his assists?

He's been doing great statistically with his assits, giving Parker a run for his money recently...

You guys think it's because of his injury?

And do you guys think this helps the team?

v2freak
03-10-2006, 12:04 AM
He's getting a lot of assists because teams are starting to double him. I don't know if it's directly because of his injury

Banks91
03-10-2006, 12:07 AM
his assist have been high last 3 games.
9, 7 and 5 at the half. But how can u say its cuz of the injury when he's basically had it all year and his assists haven't been spectacular.

Sense
03-10-2006, 12:08 AM
He's getting a lot of assists because teams are starting to double him. I don't know if it's directly because of his injury

You're telling me he's never been doubled?

Sense
03-10-2006, 12:09 AM
his assist have been high last 3 games.
9, 7 and 5 at the half. But how can u say its cuz of the injury when he's basically had it all year and his assists haven't been spectacular.

I think these assists have mattered, everyone else is starting to get on their groove and by getting Duncan's assists we can definately say that will benefit the team as the game go on....

Rummpd
03-10-2006, 12:13 AM
Duncan is the still for all the doubters the total package and in the playoffs don't be surprised to see several series where he dominates with say:

24 PPG 14 RBG and 5 assists with about 3 blocks as he turns it on.

Sense
03-10-2006, 12:45 AM
Duncan is the still for all the doubters the total package and in the playoffs don't be surprised to see several series where he dominates with say:

I don't doubt him at all, but I mean to say that it'd benefiting the role players more than himself.

Solid D
03-10-2006, 12:56 AM
I did notice Timmy's pink eye tonight on the camera view of him sitting on the bench.

Sense
03-10-2006, 01:02 AM
I did notice Timmy's pink eye tonight on the camera view of him sitting on the bench.

He also had it against the Clippers.

v2freak
03-10-2006, 01:25 AM
You're telling me he's never been doubled?

No

Watch today's game. He was doubled every time he touched the ball, even if he was more than 10 feet away from the basket. He even got poked in the eye as a result of a double team. Earlier this season teams were trying to play him straight up, man to man

Sense
03-10-2006, 01:31 AM
No

Watch today's game. He was doubled every time he touched the ball, even if he was more than 10 feet away from the basket. He even got poked in the eye as a result of a double team. Earlier this season teams were trying to play him straight up, man to man

Seems funny to double duncan more than before,knowing he's not scoring alot and his injury.....

v2freak
03-10-2006, 01:32 AM
I think so too

But in the case of today I think teams without great inside defenders would rather have Parker shooting 18 footers than having Duncan inside

jdelar03
03-10-2006, 02:15 AM

Not that I don't think all of us would love to see that come playoffs, but, realisticly you say several there are only four playoff series period if you make it to the finals. Duncan right now averages 19ppg 12rbg 3assists and 2.5blocks. So when refs let more physical play happen come playoffs you think he'll be able to do that. As much as I would love to see it I don't think so, I think the key is going to be Parker, Gino and others playing consistant every game.

SenorSpur
03-10-2006, 05:54 AM
Detroit is one of the few NBA opponents that play Duncan straight up without the need for a "double team" defender.

mavsfan1000
03-10-2006, 06:04 AM
The suns defensive strategy sucks. They are better off playing Duncan straight up and force him to score but I guess their frontline is so depleted that they have no choice.

Pistonfan1
03-10-2006, 08:07 AM
Detroit is one of the few NBA opponents that play Duncan straight up without the need for a "double team" defender.

To an extent yes we did. But in game 7 of the finals as the series was reaching near the end, Duncans agressive play forced us to double team him and we paid the price for it. That is how great of a player Duncan is because EVERY team at some point will double team him.

Jimcs50
03-10-2006, 09:00 AM
I noticed that his right eye looks pretty bad last night.

I have had that happen to my eye, it looks a lot worse than it is, thankfully.

boutons_
03-10-2006, 11:58 AM
Blood in the eyeball looks horrible, but in fact, it's mostly looks and nothing else.

My daughter got hit head-on with tennis ball, and had some blood on her eyeball for a couple years, but had no pain or impairment.

MoSpur
03-10-2006, 12:06 PM
I don't know if I'd double Tim right off the bat. I would wait to see if he can make a few baskets first. If I see Tim going off, then I would double.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-10-2006, 01:37 PM
He's still not the assisting duncan we saw in 2003