PDA

View Full Version : See you in the WCF's

BillsCarnage
03-10-2006, 11:39 AM
Posted the same thread title after the Suns beat the Spurs a few months back and i'll post it again.

The Spurs did a good job of throttling the Suns bench. Once it was learned Bobo and Nash were out, everyone knew the Suns had no chance. And as great teams to the Spurs mythodically took apart the Suns.

These two teams are destined for a WCF rematch and the ECF's should look the same as last year.

The Spurs are definately the Suns "streak busters". This year, last year... and who remembers the 14gm streak in Dec '92; remember how that one ended??

Anyway, see you in the WCF's. Hopefully the Suns will be at full strength.
:drunk

MoSpur
03-10-2006, 11:45 AM
Sounds good. I would like to see a series between the Suns and Spurs. Its going to be fun.

SA Gunslinger
03-10-2006, 01:17 PM
If the Suns wanted to send a message to the Spurs last night, they would have kept the game close. But you didn't so opportunity lost.

The Spurs, without Manu and TD, almost punked your full strength team in your house last year. That is the type of message a championship team sends. Regardless of who is on the floor, you are in for a war.

gameFACE
03-10-2006, 01:40 PM
It was good to see the Spurs maintain their focus. Thay sometimes relax and play down to the competition , especially undermanned teams. The Suns should have tried to capitalize on that.

What's the word in Phoenix on Amare?

cheguevara
03-10-2006, 01:41 PM
isnt amare's other knee fucked up too? noway he gonna be back this year

1Parker1
03-10-2006, 01:49 PM
isnt amare's other knee fucked up too? noway he gonna be back this year

:rolleyes He should be back as early as next week. He's been practicing full court for a few weeks now.

Brutalis
03-10-2006, 01:50 PM
Yeah ok.

Hopefully we will be at full strength too.

cheguevara
03-10-2006, 01:54 PM
:rolleyes He should be back as early as next week. He's been practicing full court for a few weeks now.

:rolleyes

"From one well-placed Suns source comes this warning about Amare Stoudemire coming back this season: "As well as he's doing, I still think it's 50-50."

BillsCarnage
03-10-2006, 02:02 PM
Amare had a little swelling in his non-surgery knee. But i think that's because he went from 2-on-2 straight to 5-on-5 after KT went down.

It'll just take him a little longer to get back into bball shape, but recent reports have him progressing rather nicely. I still say Mar. 23 would be prime with the schedule, but others think he'll be back earlier.

1Parker1
03-10-2006, 02:12 PM
:rolleyes

Just today, by Marty Burns:

The other reason Phoenix fans should be optimistic is because Stoudemire is back at practice. The 6-foot-11 power forward went five-on-five with teammates Wednesday and the results were encouraging. Stoudemire is coming along so fast, in fact, that some Suns insiders say they wouldn't be totally shocked if he suited up in the next week or so. For what it's worth, the mood among the Suns' coaching staff, which had been pessimistic about a quick return as recently as a week ago, had turned 180 degrees Thursday.

mavsfan1000
03-10-2006, 02:54 PM
Yeah I'll see you in the WCF.

leemajors
03-10-2006, 03:21 PM
mavsfan1000 bailing on the mavs!

rayray2k8
03-10-2006, 03:29 PM
awww. whats wrong?
Feeling a little left out?? :depressed
:lol

cheguevara
03-10-2006, 03:30 PM

he didn't mean this WCF mavfan, http://www.wcf-online.de

Vingianx
03-10-2006, 04:18 PM
If the Suns wanted to send a message to the Spurs last night, they would have kept the game close. But you didn't so opportunity lost.

The Spurs, without Manu and TD, almost punked your full strength team in your house last year. That is the type of message a championship team sends. Regardless of who is on the floor, you are in for a war.
AMEN

I REMEMBER THAT GAME NASH AND HIS BOLTRON CREW ALMOST LOST IT TO THE TIM AND MANU-LESS SPURS HAHAHAHAHAHA

Vingianx
03-10-2006, 04:19 PM
WAS READING THAT AMARE HAS BEEN COMPLAINING OF SORENESS

mavsfan1000
03-10-2006, 04:35 PM
The only 2 teams that have the chance in knocking off the spurs are the Pistons and Mavericks. The suns small ball idea isn't going to work against the Spurs.

nkdlunch
03-10-2006, 04:38 PM
The suns small ball idea isn't going to work against the Spurs.

don't talkto barbosa bout 'small ball'

MadDog73
03-10-2006, 04:43 PM
See yall next week, hopefully at full strength.

boutons_
03-10-2006, 04:52 PM
yep, Spurs take the season series, 3 - 1 next Friday.

picnroll
03-10-2006, 04:57 PM
Suns are better competition than the Mavs. Even Avery says they suck since the all-star break. Recognize like your coach does.

BillsCarnage
03-10-2006, 05:58 PM
don't talkto barbosa bout 'small ball'

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Ed Helicopter Jones
The Suns have a clear path to the WCF. It's likely we will see them there.

My hope is that the Spurs more challenging run through their half of the bracket will make them mentally prepared to beat what likely will be a Phoenix team that should have a much easier first two rounds.

BillsCarnage
See yall next week, hopefully at full strength.

Sans Amare and KT still.

Only time you'll get to see them at full strength is in the WCF's

mavsfan1000
03-10-2006, 06:00 PM
Suns are better competition than the Mavs. Even Avery says they suck since the all-star break. Recognize like your coach does.
The suns have proven over and over again they can't defend the spurs offense. The mavs at least held the spurs under 100 points. :rolleyes

BillsCarnage
03-10-2006, 06:08 PM
The suns have proven over and over again they can't defend the spurs offense. The mavs at least held the spurs under 100 points. :rolleyes

The Mavs still need to prove they can beat either team when it counts.

T Park
03-10-2006, 06:13 PM
The mavs at least held the spurs under 100 points

Duncan and Ginobili shooting badly on injured feet had something to do with it, take the kluby off your back chief.

The Mavs still need to prove they can beat either team when it counts

Exactly.

I fear the Suns way more this year, due to them actually semi giving a crap about defense.

Last nights game meant as much as the Spurs Suns game last year when Gino and TD were out.

Meaningless win, move onto the Lakers tonight.

ALVAREZ6
03-10-2006, 06:19 PM
Not this carnage douche bag again...what a tool, his team is asking for it.

The Suns WILL NOT be a threat to the Spurs even with Nash and Amare. WHY?

The scoring is there for them, it is every night, with all their 3-point shooters and new guys, but when it comes to defense...

Let's put it this way, TP barely had to take lay-ups, he was that confortable. He was shooting jumpers left and right like they were nothing, Barry, Bowen, Manu, Udrih etc. were all knockin down WIDE OPEN threes. The Suns suck.

ALVAREZ6
03-10-2006, 06:19 PM
oh yeah, D'Antoni is a toolbox as well.

mavsfan1000
03-10-2006, 06:24 PM
The spurs have consistently scored a ton on the suns. Why? The suns think they can play small ball but the spurs have the answer. Kurt Thomas was their only hope on guarding Duncan and now he is out for awhile. Also the suns are weak on stopping guard penetration.

T Park
03-10-2006, 06:26 PM
Not this carnage douche bag again...what a tool, his team is asking for it.

Carnage is prob one of the best posters here whos not a Spurs fan.

Ive got no problem with him.

Suns will be in the Western Finals and if the Spurs make it that far, god willing, it will take prob 6 or 7 games.

spurschick
03-10-2006, 07:00 PM
http://www.spurschick.com/dantoniowned.jpg

Sense
03-10-2006, 07:05 PM
:lol NICE!

AZLouis
03-10-2006, 07:59 PM
The suns have proven over and over again they can't defend the spurs offense.

Watching the Spurs/Suns matchups it's obvious the Spurs are one of the few times who can matchup almost evenly to the weapons the Suns have.

The Spurs defend the Suns better than any other team I've seen the Suns play. It may have something to do with having a top flight defensive squad but I give credit to the Spurs' superior coaching.

Pops right now is a more seasoned and better coach than D'Antoni.

D'Antoni is getting to be a much better coach than he was before and is improving with each obstacle the Suns face; but Pops is playoff tested and Finals approved.

BillsCarnage
05-25-2006, 05:39 PM
Topside.. Here's the thread i was looking for a few days ago.

mavsfan1000
05-25-2006, 05:54 PM
Damn you went back 3 months to bring this thread back. :lol

BillsCarnage
05-25-2006, 06:05 PM
:lmao

No one thought anyone predicted the Suns in the WCF's.

windboy226
05-26-2006, 11:13 PM
eh? Who didn't predict the Suns coming out from that weak bracket?