PDA

View Full Version : Can you watch Spurs games in NJ?

Justletgo
03-10-2006, 12:10 PM
Tonight's game is listed for NBA Season Ticket buyers, but the last time I bought a package the games turned out to be blacked out here. I called the darn Dish Network but they said they don't know which games will be blacked out. I honestly don't want to purchase the package if I can't even watch my favorite team's games. They don't play enough of them on our non-pay channels.

So, does anyone in New Jersey have the NBA Season ticket and have you been able to see the Spurs games they aired?

ChumpDumper
03-10-2006, 12:16 PM
I don't see any reason why you couldn't watch all the Spur games on LeaguePass up there.

Jimcs50
03-10-2006, 12:18 PM
Tonight's game is listed for NBA Season Ticket buyers, but the last time I bought a package the games turned out to be blacked out here. I called the darn Dish Network but they said they don't know which games will be blacked out. I honestly don't want to purchase the package if I can't even watch my favorite team's games. They don't play enough of them on our non-pay channels.

So, does anyone in New Jersey have the NBA Season ticket and have you been able to see the Spurs games they aired?

Outside of SA, no games are blacked out, unless they are playing NJ, then that game will be blacked out.

ChumpDumper
03-10-2006, 12:20 PM
Right, then they should be on YES or whatever.

SenorSpur
03-10-2006, 12:26 PM
I'm a League Pass subscriber and during the first couple years I had the package, there were a small block of games for which I was unable to get.

After numerous phone calls to the cable company and the NBA office, I found those specific games were telecast exclusively on NBATV. It turns out that, at that time, my cable company did not carry NBATV.

Since then NBATV has now been added to the League Pass suite of channels.

You may want to check to see if this is the case with your cable company.

Justletgo
03-10-2006, 12:34 PM
NBAtv actually comes with LeaguePass for the Dish Network now, but that isn't the channel the next few Spurs games are airing on.

I had ordered the Multi-Sport package last month which had Fox Sports Southwest on it and had a bunch of Spurs games listed but then they were all blacked out in this area! So of course I don't want to cough up the $109 for Season Pass without knowing what I'm paying for.

I just called the Dish Network and they say they don't know what is going to be blacked out. So at this point I don't know what to do.

dimsah
03-10-2006, 12:57 PM
NBAtv actually comes with LeaguePass for the Dish Network now, but that isn't the channel the next few Spurs games are airing on.

I had ordered the Multi-Sport package last month which had Fox Sports Southwest on it and had a bunch of Spurs games listed but then they were all blacked out in this area! So of course I don't want to cough up the $109 for Season Pass without knowing what I'm paying for.

I just called the Dish Network and they say they don't know what is going to be blacked out. So at this point I don't know what to do.
I'm in eastern PA, and have NBA LeaguePass, and I've been able to watch every game except the couple of Sunday games on ABC because the Sixers, for some reason, are usually playing in the same time slot.

ChumpDumper
03-10-2006, 01:07 PM

I just called the Dish Network and they say they don't know what is going to be blacked out. So at this point I don't know what to do.The games on the regional sports cable/dish packages will be blacked out. The only way to watch those games at home is with LeaguePass, which will get you just about any NBA game shown outside your market. About this time of year, they start discounting the package for the remainder of the season, so give Dish a call.

ChumpDumper
03-10-2006, 01:27 PM
In short, with LeaguePass you will be able to see every Spurs game that is not broadcast nationally (TNT, ABC, ESPN, NBAtv) or regionally in your area (usually against whatever team that plays within 100 miles of your home).

dbreiden83080
03-10-2006, 01:32 PM
I live in NY i get all the Spurs games on league pass. They just black out the Nets and Knicks games up here you have to have YES network and MSG network for those games.

Justletgo
03-10-2006, 03:02 PM
Thanks you guys! I guess the Multi-Sport package just sucked :lol. It looks like they were giving me regional channels knowing that they couldn't play half the games advertised.

I think I'll take the leap and order league pass. I really appreciate the help.

doldrums
03-10-2006, 03:27 PM
Plus it 's fun hearing the other team's announcers.

By the way the most fair are:

Seattle
Clippers
Knicks
Utah
Nets
Memphis

The biggest homers are:
Phoenix(the absolute worst)
Boston
denver