PDA

View Full Version : Arenas wants the Pistons in the first round... read this, it made me laugh

Dunc
03-10-2006, 12:46 PM
BY KRISTA LATHAM

FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER
Washington Wizards guard Gilbert Arenas joined the Jermaine O'Neal club Thursday, telling ESPN that he'd like to see the 49-11 Pistons in the first round of the playoffs.

The Pacers' O'Neal made his proclamation last month.

Arenas' desires, however, are based on something a little more personal -- revenge for lack of playing time.

"Yeah, because we only played him nine minutes" in the All-Star game, coach Flip Saunders said with a smile after Thursday's Pistons practice, repeating what he had heard Arenas say.

Saunders mentioned he played Pistons guard Rip Hamilton just over 13 minutes in the Feb. 19 game. "Maybe Rip doesn't want to play for me anymore, I don't know."

Arenas played 9:51 in the All-Star game, less than any other player.

He scored one point and missed all four of his shot attempts.

Saunders shrugged Thursday and said he did his best to give everyone a fair number of minutes and still leave Houston victorious. The Eastern Conference won, 122-120.

"We were all guards," Saunders said. "And it makes it tough to get all those guys a lot of minutes. That's always the toughest thing."

Other than Arenas, whom the Pistons will see Saturday when they travel to Washington to play the Wizards, the East had guards Hamilton, Chauncey Billups, Dwyane Wade and Allen Iverson on the roster, as well as LeBron James, Paul Pierce and Vince Carter, forwards who can also slip into a guard role.

"I guess, what can you do if you hold grudges for that?" Saunders said.

Horry For 3!
03-10-2006, 12:48 PM
It was on ESPN

Phenomanul
03-10-2006, 01:27 PM
Was Arenas joking????

1Parker1
03-10-2006, 01:46 PM
I'm thinking that was a joke that was probably taken out of context.

nkdlunch
03-10-2006, 01:48 PM
Arenas is a joker. :lol

maybe he should change his jersy # to 9 for 9 minutes played

Brutalis
03-10-2006, 01:56 PM
Eh he was snubbed in the ASG and denial is ignorance. Kidding or not the Wizards have a legit shot at taking out Detroit.

..with them being tired and all...

:lmao

JamStone
03-10-2006, 02:17 PM
Washington has as much of a chance at beating the Pistons in a playoff series as the LA Lakers do of upsetting the Spurs in the playoffs.

Sportman
03-10-2006, 04:11 PM
mnmnmnmn funny :lol :lol

FreshPrince22
03-10-2006, 04:22 PM
mnmnmnmn funny :lol :lol
WTF is that in your sig? Brokeback University Basketball team?

nkdlunch
03-10-2006, 04:27 PM

its called a basketball team. doubt u've even been in one.

DarkReign
03-10-2006, 04:29 PM
its called a basketball team. doubt u've even been in one.

I dont know, Im from the Detroit area and I have never seen a basketball team predominantly white. Just my take.

nkdlunch
03-10-2006, 04:31 PM
I dont know, Im from the Detroit area and I have never seen a basketball team predominantly white. Just my take.

oh that's probly an international team. There are all-white teams outside of the US u know

MaNuMaNiAc
03-10-2006, 04:39 PM
interesting, seeing as though the Argentinian team was all white and they beat the US in the Olympics. Perhaps you blocked that out of your memory?

Darrin
03-11-2006, 12:14 AM
This is getting ridiculous. You beat the Pistons once, and you think you can do it for an entire series?

Miami and Phoenix talking this junk is one thing. But a first-round teams like Washington? You have to admire Arenas gohones. But I'd just gently remind him that he predicted the 2004 Washington Wizards would make the playoffs (25-57).

DarkReign
03-11-2006, 04:01 AM
interesting, seeing as though the Argentinian team was all white and they beat the US in the Olympics. Perhaps you blocked that out of your memory?

I realize youre from Argentina, but uhhhh...

No offense...youre Latino, not caucasian. Sorry.

JamStone
03-11-2006, 08:27 AM

Actually, upwards to 92% of Argentinians are of Italian ancestry, thus Euro or caucasian ethnicity, not Latino or hispanic classification.

Argentinians for the most part are caucasian, not Latino.

ALVAREZ6
03-11-2006, 09:13 AM
It amazes me at the stupidity of some of these Pistons fans.

Yes, that all-white team in that picture is basically the team that took out your country both of the last 2 match-ups, and one of those guys helped knock off the Pistons last year.

spurschick
03-11-2006, 10:59 AM

And the can of worms gets opened once again.

jochhejaam
03-11-2006, 12:07 PM
What can of worms? He mistakenly thought the majority of Argentenians were Latino and he was corrected, is that a crime? Sheesh! It's not a big deal unless people with nothing better to do want to make it a big deal.

spurschick
03-11-2006, 05:24 PM
What can of worms? He mistakenly thought the majority of Argentenians were Latino and he was corrected, is that a crime? Sheesh! It's not a big deal unless people with nothing better to do want to make it a big deal.

Dude, back off. Clearly you haven't seen or read the threads in the past about this subject.

jochhejaam
03-11-2006, 06:11 PM
Dude, back off. Clearly you haven't seen or read the threads in the past about this subject.
Back off? :lol

I've read the content in this one and there clearly isn't a problem unless someone chooses to blow things out of proportion and create one (that would be you).

You're the only gettin' their dander up, what does that tell you?

spurschick
03-11-2006, 06:33 PM
Back off? :lol

I've read the content in this one and there clearly isn't a problem unless someone chooses to blow things out of proportion and create one (that would be you).

You're the only gettin' their dander up, what does that tell you?

Um, I'm not getting my dander up about anything. I was making reference to other past threads that you obviously haven't read. My "can of worms" comment was based on those threads. You're the one who has picked a fight with me.

jochhejaam
03-11-2006, 08:50 PM
Um, I'm not getting my dander up about anything. I was making reference to other past threads that you obviously haven't read. My "can of worms" comment was based on those threads. You're the one who has picked a fight with me.
I'm waiting for guests to come over so I'll waste a few minutes and reply.

No one was inflamed over his post where he thought the majority of Argentenians were Latino. The only one opening a can of worms was you but fortunately all posters with the exception of you were easily able to differentiate between an honest mistake and a comment that was made with the intention of disparaging someone's race or ethnicity and therefore there was no controversy.

If you consider me calling you out on your misguided notion that a "can of worms had been opened" picking a fight then add overly sensitive to the raised dander.

Post more thoughtfully and less provacatively and you'll find the dialogue will be much more civilized. <shrugs>

FreshPrince22
03-11-2006, 10:21 PM
Wow.. ok. It had nothing to do with Race. In particular it was the two guys on the right, and the dudes layin spread eagle on the floor. Looks a little.... well, Gay.

http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/7677/seleccionsub224sq.jpg
I mean... Come on!

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
03-11-2006, 10:55 PM
Wow.. ok. It had nothing to do with Race. In particular it was the two guys on the right, and the dudes layin spread eagle on the floor. Looks a little.... well, Gay.

http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/7677/seleccionsub224sq.jpg
I mean... Come on!

Then your country's basketball team got beaten by a bunch of gay looking quackers :lmao

v2freak
03-11-2006, 11:20 PM
I will be looking forward to the World Championships and 08 Olympics!

spurschick
03-11-2006, 11:36 PM
No one was inflamed over his post where he thought the majority of Argentenians were Latino. The only one opening a can of worms was you but fortunately all posters with the exception of you were easily able to differentiate between an honest mistake and a comment that was made with the intention of disparaging someone's race or ethnicity and therefore there was no controversy.

If you consider me calling you out on your misguided notion that a "can of worms had been opened" picking a fight then add overly sensitive to the raised dander.

Post more thoughtfully and less provacatively and you'll find the dialogue will be much more civilized. <shrugs>

:lol OMG! What in the fuck are you rambling on about? Nevermind. You're not worth my time.

mavsfan1000
03-12-2006, 12:01 AM
The pistons are falling apart. :lol

JamStone
03-12-2006, 12:09 AM

Pistons are playing pretty poorly lately.

As much as they're "falling apart," how do they still even have the best record in the league?

Strange.

FreshPrince22
03-12-2006, 01:05 AM

:rolleyes The Pistons were 9-8 in March last year. They continued to "Fall apart" to the Finals where they came a few points short of B2B titles. Every team has highs and lows in a season. I would much rather they have their "low" point right now, instead of in May. They are fighting complacency, as are the Spurs. The Mavs are in a different situation. They have never done anything in the playoffs, so winning regular season games is the only thing they can do to prove they're legit.

mavsfan1000
03-12-2006, 04:15 AM
That is pure bullshit about the mavs are in a different situation. The pistons and spurs both want to win games but they just aren't good enough right now. Shooting slumps can do that. They both are getting too much credit while the mavs aren't getting enough.

jochhejaam
03-12-2006, 05:34 AM
That is pure bullshit about the mavs are in a different situation. The pistons and spurs both want to win games but they just aren't good enough right now. Shooting slumps can do that. They both are getting too much credit while the mavs aren't getting enough.
I understand how you feel and the only real way to take care of the problem about not getting enough credit will be to at least make it to the Finals.
I think we both know it's not how you start, not even how you do in the regular season, but how you finish.

Slomo
03-12-2006, 06:14 AM
BY KRISTA LATHAM

FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER
Washington Wizards guard Gilbert Arenas joined the Jermaine O'Neal club Thursday, telling ESPN that he'd like to see the 49-11 Pistons in the first round of the playoffs.

The Pacers' O'Neal made his proclamation last month.

They must have really nice fishing spots reserved and don't want to be charged for cancelation fees.

jochhejaam
03-12-2006, 10:07 AM
:lol OMG! What in the fuck are you rambling on about? Nevermind. You're not worth my time.
And she exits as she enters with all of the grace and aplomb of a bull in a china shop. :lol

<at least we parted ways laughing> :spin

Cant_Be_Faded
03-12-2006, 01:46 PM
:lmao

that was pretty funny

kalikot_boy_kr
03-13-2006, 09:53 AM
:lol hey!! we are breathing in one earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kalikot_boy_kr
03-13-2006, 09:54 AM
:elephant really suck the piston :blah

Pistons < Spurs
03-13-2006, 10:19 AM
:elephant really suck the piston :blah

LMAO......................... :lol :elephant :lol :elephant :lol :elephant :lol

LilMissSPURfect
03-13-2006, 10:50 AM
"Arenas wants the Pistons in the first round..." and I want Timmy of 01,02 or 03' :angel

MaNuMaNiAc
03-13-2006, 11:50 AM

http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif ignorant statement of the year

P.S. Don't worry Spurschick, the rest of us understood what you were referring to.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-13-2006, 11:53 AM
Actually, upwards to 92% of Argentinians are of Italian ancestry, thus Euro or caucasian ethnicity, not Latino or hispanic classification.

Argentinians for the most part are caucasian, not Latino.
I see at least someone bothered to broaden their horizon

spurschick
03-13-2006, 12:47 PM
P.S. Don't worry Spurschick, the rest of us understood what you were referring to.

I figured that, which is why I didn't continue. Thanks for having my back!
:spin

theMUHMEshow
03-13-2006, 02:18 PM
Hey Mr. Argentinian (sp?)

You took the US once...it is not like we ran a train on your asses the past 10-15 years

Despot
03-13-2006, 05:20 PM

You took the US once...it is not like we ran a train on your asses the past 10-15 years

Once? count again.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-13-2006, 05:43 PM

that wasn't the point I was trying to make http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif my point was that although he claimed he had never seen an all-white team in his life, he probably saw Argentina play the US in the Olympics. I'm quite aware of the history between the US and Argentina in basketball, I'm not stupid.

cheguevara
03-13-2006, 05:54 PM

I mean... Come on!

did someone say spread eagle??

http://www.mppa.org/mppa/2004/SportsFeature/Pictures/SFhm3.jpg

if u gonna judge by a picture, Pistons gotta be the gayest team in the NBA :lol I mean... Come on! :lmao

nkdlunch
03-13-2006, 06:22 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/nkdlunch/pistonsdancing2.jpg

MaNuMaNiAc
03-13-2006, 06:35 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/nkdlunch/pistonsdancing2.jpg
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

ALVAREZ6
03-13-2006, 08:13 PM
oh, don't even get me started with the Pistons shit... :lol

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/2739/rasheedisugly2vm.jpg

Marklar MM
03-13-2006, 10:00 PM
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/nba-history/images/photos/sports03.jpg

Marklar MM
03-13-2006, 10:01 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/multimedia/slideshows/show_620/SPURS-PISTONS-G7-1.jpg

Marklar MM
03-13-2006, 10:02 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/specials/spurschamps/slideshows/spurslakersgame5/images/13.jpg

Borosai
03-13-2006, 10:28 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/multimedia/slideshows/show_620/SPURS-PISTONS-G7-1.jpg

Oh boy...that's not even funny it's so rainbow bright. :nope

Spurs rock
03-13-2006, 10:56 PM

LMAO!!!!!!! :lol

rayray2k8
03-14-2006, 04:04 AM
Tony: "This is what i was doing to eva last night."
Manu: "that better be your fucking cell phone."
:lol

WayDowntownBang
03-14-2006, 10:36 AM
LOL! Finally this thread gets good.

Darrin
03-14-2006, 08:38 PM
The San Antonio Spurs - the team secure enough in their masculinity to show their affection.

Rummpd
03-14-2006, 09:41 PM
Pistons are a classy bunch and deserve their props. Arenas was lucky to be in the all star game, great player but he does consider himself more proven than he is to this point of his career - win a playoff series then talk some smack! (Course Saunders should be careful with his record).

As for the discussion on Argentina the author is correct, Latino is an ethnicity anyway, and most Argentinans are of central European heritage.

No one in S or C America's race is technically Latino or Hispanic! For example my beautiful wife from Panama is of Spanish white, and Carribean Indian ancestry.

In the end it does not matter = we are all one people, I have done surgeries in the past and taken care of burn victims on all races = all the same underneath.

nkdlunch
03-15-2006, 11:21 AM
win a playoff series then talk some smack! (Course Saunders should be careful with his record).

last year Wiz beat Bulls in playoff series

DarkReign
03-16-2006, 01:13 PM
BTW, my apologies for my glaring over-generalization to those in Argentina and Middle/South America.

My ignorance. My bad.

Peace.