PDA

View Full Version : media guide?

SoCalSpursFan
03-10-2006, 07:48 PM
I'm at the game walkin around trying to find a media guide....are they even out or do they even make them? I'm guessin not but I thought I would check and/or get flamed for asking...

biggerspursfanthanu
03-10-2006, 07:51 PM
I'm at the game walkin around trying to find a media guide....are they even out or do they even make them? I'm guessin not but I thought I would check and/or get flamed for asking...
lol, i feel your pain. Sorry i cant help with your question though.

ChumpDumper
03-10-2006, 07:53 PM
Steal one off the press table.

Solid D
03-10-2006, 08:02 PM
Here you go. Spurs 2005-06 Media Guide.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/mediaguide_0304.html

T-Pain
03-10-2006, 08:02 PM
a media guide or a program?

SoCalSpursFan
03-10-2006, 08:12 PM
we bought a program....i just wanted a more detailed media guide....the lakers always had em so I thought maybe other teams would.....thanks for the link.....

T-Pain
03-10-2006, 08:23 PM
whats the difference? (not being rude)

FromWayDowntown
03-11-2006, 01:36 PM
whats the difference? (not being rude)

The difference is that a media guide is about 400 pages long and has long bios and extended statistics for each player, stats for past seasons, long lists of franchise records and historical events, and things like that.

I've found that my best source for getting a hard copy of the media guide is eBay, but that was mostly to find media guides from past sesaons. It occurred to me that it might be possible to just call the Spurs offices and see if they have the current year's media guide available or if they're satisfied to just put it on the web and leave it at that. In any event, if you're looking for the hard copy, eBay is a source (though you might end up paying more than the face value).

missmyzte
03-11-2006, 01:39 PM
I've purchased Lakers media guides at Staples Center in the past, try the SBC Center shop?

FromWayDowntown
03-11-2006, 01:45 PM
I've purchased Lakers media guides at Staples Center in the past, try the SBC Center shop?

No -- they don't sell that sort of thing at SBC Center. They sell programs and yearbooks (a real dumbed-down version of the media guide) at various places around the building, but I've never seen an actual media guide for sale at a Spurs game. It's odd, but it's true.

Slomo
03-11-2006, 01:46 PM
I think I saw them at the AT&T center shop.

SoCalSpursFan
03-11-2006, 02:07 PM
Like the Spurs Store? Is the center shop different?

I looked in the big Spurs Store, no dice.

FromWayDowntown
03-11-2006, 02:12 PM

I looked in the big Spurs Store, no dice.

I've looked there every year for media guides and have never seen them. Yearbooks? Yes. Programs? Yes. Media guides? No.

SoCalSpursFan
03-11-2006, 02:18 PM
I've looked there every year for media guides and have never seen them. Yearbooks? Yes. Programs? Yes. Media guides? No.

Damn. :depressed

Oh well.

Maybe we at Spurstalk.com should make the Spurstalk.com media guide. We could sell em since apparently no one else is!

FromWayDowntown
03-11-2006, 02:22 PM
Damn. :depressed

Oh well.

Maybe we at Spurstalk.com should make the Spurstalk.com media guide. We could sell em since apparently no one else is!

Again, if you really want one, you can find them for sale on eBay. That, or use the link provided earlier in this thread and print it out from there.

Slomo
03-11-2006, 03:35 PM

I looked in the big Spurs Store, no dice.One and the same.

I may be wrong, but I thought there were like two or three on the counter when I was there in January. Again I may have confused it with something else.

spurschick
03-11-2006, 04:58 PM
They only print a certain amount of them and immediately ship them out to the various media outlets. I think that the ones going to the media are coil bound. I have never seen the media guide for sale to the public. I always thought it was weird considering we always put the $7 price at the bottom of it.

Kori Ellis
03-11-2006, 05:08 PM
They only print a certain amount of them and immediately ship them out to the various media outlets. I think that the ones going to the media are coil bound. I have never seen the media guide for sale to the public. I always thought it was weird considering we always put the $7 price at the bottom of it.

The Spurs media guides aren't coil bound but you are right - I've never seen them for sale anywhere.

spurschick
03-11-2006, 05:16 PM
The Spurs media guides aren't coil bound but you are right - I've never seen them for sale anywhere.

They coil bind some of them, but I'm not sure what for. The one I have from 2002-2003, the last one I worked on, is coil bound.

SoCalSpursFan
03-11-2006, 05:26 PM
They coil bind some of them, but I'm not sure what for. The one I have from 2002-2003, the last one I worked on, is coil bound.

Well I guess I could print the one from the link...I just wanted one to read at the game cause I got there really early. Thanks for all the info though!

Kori Ellis
03-11-2006, 05:26 PM

Yeah that's true. The old ones are coil bounded. But the last two seasons haven't been for us.

FromWayDowntown
03-11-2006, 07:01 PM
I have copies of the media guide from almost every sesaon and none of mine are bound. They may, however, bind the copies that go to broadcasters, who might need a copy that will lay flat on the table for easy reference. All of the media guides I have, though, are either stapled in the middle (from the 70's through to the late 80's) or book bound.

I got a playoff media guide for the 2003 playoffs and that was sprial bound, though.