PDA

View Full Version : Lakers fans prefer Spurs over Suns (most)

Rummpd
03-10-2006, 08:27 PM
Interesting thread going on lakersground.net regarding who they would rather play in playoffs - most say Spurs over Suns.

I personally find this sublime, LAL have an athletic team that can score but Spurs defense can shut down rest of team and in my opinion win a series quite easily - although Kobe would probably steal a game or two on his own heroics. Also lot of love for K. Brown's ability to guard Duncan allegedly one on one - I say BS to that if TD healthy.

Obstructed_View
03-10-2006, 09:10 PM
Also lot of love for K. Brown's ability to guard Duncan allegedly one on one - I say BS to that if TD healthy.
I say BS to that if TD above room temperature.

Phenomanul
03-10-2006, 09:28 PM
Interesting thread going on lakersground.net regarding who they would rather play in playoffs - most say Spurs over Suns.

I personally find this sublime, LAL have an athletic team that can score but Spurs defense can shut down rest of team and in my opinion win a series quite easily - although Kobe would probably steal a game or two on his own heroics. Also lot of love for K. Brown's ability to guard Duncan allegedly one on one - I say BS to that if TD healthy.

I say bring it on.... That way we can add balance to the all-time playoff series between the two teams... plus the Pop vs. Jackson series....

Amuseddaysleeper
03-10-2006, 09:29 PM
well if there's anyone who knows how to expose all the spurs wekanesses in the playoffs its phil jackson. having said that I can't see the lakers taking us more than 5 games. at least with the spurs the lakers have an idea of how to play them. with the suns they are clueless

Please_dont_ban_me
03-10-2006, 09:35 PM
Lmao.

The Lakers are our bitch. Well, now they are.

snowboarder
03-10-2006, 09:49 PM
ummm..

dont u think they want to catch up to the team leading the division?

Rummpd
03-10-2006, 11:00 PM
After tonight they have to have more confidence but still believe it is fools gold.

reader
03-11-2006, 12:04 AM
It may be fools gold, but for one night they were right. Do you think they will petition the league to allow BTB during the playoffs?

SenorSpur
03-11-2006, 03:37 AM
Fakers and their fans should be more concerned about holding onto the 8th spot and not allowing Sac and Hou to run them down.

Sportcamper
03-11-2006, 03:16 PM
I don’t think your survey is very scientific...I saw Odom burn Manu last night & “Pop” did not hesitate to put Finley in....

The Spurs are like robots...Take out a starter and a better replacement is on the court.... :lol

cs100
03-11-2006, 03:28 PM
Bring them on. They are a weak 7-8 seed and may not even make it to the playoffs. If they do, they will loose in 5 or 6 for sure. This was the first game they won in the last 7 games since Snaq signed with Miami and depending on Kobe's mood to share or not to share the ball, they are easy pickings.

1Parker1
03-11-2006, 03:54 PM
If I were the Lakers, I'd prefer the Spurs too. Lakers have no one, aside from Kobe, who would be able to keep up with the fast, uptempo game the Suns play. The Lakers obviously matchup better against the Spurs...I'm not saying in any way that the Lakers are better than the Spurs, or even the Suns...but Spurs would be a better oppenent for them.

With that said, I'd say the Spurs would take them 4-1. :)

1Parker1
03-11-2006, 03:56 PM
Oh and does anyone else, besides me, think that the Lakers recent wins over Detroit and now the Spurs solidified Kobe's chances of winning MVP?

Solid D
03-11-2006, 04:08 PM
Oh and does anyone else, besides me, think that the Lakers recent wins over Detroit and now the Spurs solidified Kobe's chances of winning MVP?

I don't think so 1Parker1 because, even though Kobe hit some spectacular shots and some important ones, Kobe didn't have that good of a night versus the Spurs (11 for 29 from the floor). It was players like Odom and the role players plus the strategy that won the game. They knew the Spurs would be tired so they spread the floor and lifted everything then struck with lobs, back-doors and slashes. They got LOTS of easy baskets that way.

Billups, Nash and Nowitzki are all right in the mix for MVP.

alamo50
03-12-2006, 05:41 AM
Faker fans are just like Kobe: Full of shit.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-12-2006, 10:51 AM
Nash will win the mvp this year. kobe def. doesn't deserve it this year cuz he'd had a TON of games where he shoots under 35% from the floor. the games where the lakers do really well in are the ones where kobe doesn't score that much and the ball is more spread out. he's more of an anti mvp