PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Prom...

usckk
03-12-2006, 08:34 AM
I made a similar thread last year, but I have new questions:

Why is it so important for girls?
Why do girls have to get ready 2 months before?
How long before is a good time to ask a girl?
Is it okay to wear my band tux(ones the band lends us for concerts)?
What can we do afterwards? (Don't say Sex!)
When is a good time to leave prom or shall we stay to the end?
When is a good time to go? (hour after it opens or being or...)
When is it okay to dance with someone else's date?
Is better do have dinner with a group or just with your date?
When should I reserve a table for dinner?
What should I do when I don't like dancing to fast songs?

Thanks. I may add new questions later when they come to me :)

ObiwanGinobili
03-12-2006, 08:48 AM
I made a similar thread last year, but I have new questions:

Why is it so important for girls? I don't really know. I'm a chick and I never went. I could've cared less. But for some ghilrs I guess it's akin to a wedding .. except you know 100% uyour going to prom.. where as the pagentry of your wedding day is in an uncertain & foggy future.
Why do girls have to get ready 2 months before?Becasue it;s expemseive. i know some chicks have spent more than $300 just on the dress. Also every other girl in town is going so they have to make hair appts for that day waaaayyy in advance . they want to get special makeup (more $$) and nails (more $$) nad shoes (more time & $$) etc etc.
How long before is a good time to ask a girl?now. asap. the closer it gets the more anxious she gets and the more likely she''ll say yes to someone she doesn;t really want to just so that she has a date .
Is it okay to wear my band tux(ones the band lends us for concerts)?no. no it is not. You can rent a nice non-band cool looking one from Al's Tuxedo or from Men's warehouse. about $50 and up.
What can we do afterwards? (Don't say Sex!)party @ someone's house. Or drive around with your friends acting foolish and then spend 3 hours at IHOP.
When is a good time to leave prom or shall we stay to the end?If your not having sex you might as well stay till the end... or near the end.
When is a good time to go? (hour after it opens or being or...)1/2 or later after it opens.
When is it okay to dance with someone else's date?hmmmm...... this is all dependant on the state of your relationship with your date nd your friend and things like that. some peiople's feathers would get ruffled. Some people don't think it;s a big deal.
Is better do have dinner with a group or just with your date?depends. Are you serious w/ your date? do the both of you view this as some thing you are doing together? or as something your doing with your friends? If the prom is jsut a big date for you then dinner togethr would be fine. But for most peopel the Prom is a big party with thier friends.. so dinner together would be better.
When should I reserve a table for dinner?ASAP. As soon as you know who is going in your group togeher, or if it;s just you 2 , as soon as she;s said yes. The last thing you want to be doing on prom night is the drive thru at mickey D's becasue you couldn;t get a reservation.
What should I do when I don't like dancing to fast songs? offer to get her some punch. as k if she;d liek to go sit down, say you want to talk. act real interested in what she has to say. Or "hey! there's so & so! Let me introduce you! "

Thanks. I may add new questions later when they come to me :)

usckk
03-12-2006, 09:40 AM
Thanks Obiwan! About your comment referring to band tuxes... The cheapest tux here is 100$ bucks, and they don't look much different than the ones I have for band. I can just rent a vest and it would look exactly the same. I would rather spend the exta 100$ buy dinner and other stuff for my date. What do you think?

usckk
03-12-2006, 09:48 AM
Also, it makes nervous about what you said that girls will go with anyone when it get closer to prom. I asked my date 2 weeks ago and ours prom is the 23rd of April. Don't you think that's long enough before? Hopefully my date is going with me because she wants to...not because she has to.

ObiwanGinobili
03-12-2006, 11:35 AM
Also, it makes nervous about what you said that girls will go with anyone when it get closer to prom. I asked my date 2 weeks ago and ours prom is the 23rd of April. Don't you think that's long enough before? Hopefully my date is going with me because she wants to...not because she has to.

I'm talking about 2 weeks beofre is when a girl starts to get nervous and just blurts out "yes" to joe shmo.

usckk - you're a very nicve guy. adn obviously you're not pressuring her for sex (:tu :tu) so I'm pretty sure she said yes to you becasue she wants to go with you.

TDMVPDPOY
03-12-2006, 11:58 AM
dont waste ur money on that shit, why goto a prom wearin a suit and listen to radio music when u can goto a club in casual clothes and listen to radio music at a cheaper amount.

The prom is not like a ball where u dance and do the waltz etc, dont waste ur money.

usckk
03-12-2006, 12:30 PM
I'm talking about 2 weeks beofre is when a girl starts to get nervous and just blurts out "yes" to joe shmo.

usckk - you're a very nicve guy. adn obviously you're not pressuring her for sex (:tu :tu) so I'm pretty sure she said yes to you becasue she wants to go with you.

:) Thanks. I feel better.

Brodels
03-12-2006, 12:42 PM
So why aren't you going to have sex? I don't understand.

lilmads
03-12-2006, 12:50 PM
I never went for my prom. Don't even regret it. :)

Have a great time preparing usckk!

katyon6th
03-12-2006, 01:47 PM
I went to 2 of my high school proms and 1 of another school and they all SUCKED ASS.

Horry For 3!
03-12-2006, 02:13 PM
Prom sucks

lilmads
03-12-2006, 02:17 PM
Did anyone like their prom!?

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-12-2006, 02:28 PM
Did anyone like their prom!?

I enjoyed all six of mine.

Horry For 3!
03-12-2006, 02:46 PM
Partying Before & After > Prom

usckk
03-12-2006, 03:06 PM
Haha horry. I completly agree. Last year the parties were better.

lilmads
03-12-2006, 03:26 PM
Better make sure she's not vomitous (is that even a word?)
That just ruins everything!

scott
03-12-2006, 03:41 PM
If you aren't going to have sex, why bother going?

usckk
03-12-2006, 03:44 PM
Better make sure she's not vomitous (is that even a word?)
That just ruins everything!

Haha, don't worry. We're both never drank or had sex before. We are not like that.

lilmads
03-12-2006, 03:49 PM
^ Wow, props to you!
I live on St. Maarten.. over here, 12 year olds can get drinks.. it's really crazy... but i don't drink often, so i'm not too bad.. but i've had bad experiences unfortunately...

usckk
03-12-2006, 03:53 PM
:)

Vashner
03-12-2006, 04:02 PM
lol I remember a Holmes after prom party this girl passed out drunk in a bathtub in the bathroom and the horny date was still trying to hump her. We told him to cut it out but he kept grabbing on her. So we took his ass out to behind the party house and beat him senseless.

usckk
03-12-2006, 04:06 PM
Wow, that's so messed up.

NameDropper
03-12-2006, 04:11 PM
Proms were nice back before they become status symbol rituals.

usckk
03-12-2006, 04:21 PM
So true!

paparazzi
03-12-2006, 04:24 PM
Nothing like a great prom pic for the scrap book.

usckk
03-12-2006, 04:30 PM
haha. What's that supposed to mean?

midgetonadonkey
03-12-2006, 11:00 PM
I don't remember my prom. I was drunk.

hussker
03-12-2006, 11:04 PM
Here are a few simple answers and all you need to know about PROM (from a parent's perspective)

1) Make sure your daughters' dates understand that you have a weapon in the house...

2) Make sure your sons wear flak vests

Just another tip from your uncle hussker, you're welcome

ShoogarBear
03-12-2006, 11:47 PM
Proms were nice back before they become status symbol rituals.
:lmao

And when/where was that? Cro-Magnon High?

Clandestino
03-13-2006, 12:17 AM
girls like to do a lot of shit(spend 100s on a dress for 1 night, $80 for hair, etc) guys will never understand... don't try to understand girls.. you never will. just go hang out and don't expect too much...proms are for the girls... you'll have a cool time being out bc the girl will be so excited... try to get laid and loosen up...

usckk
03-13-2006, 07:06 PM
My date asked me who we're going with. Does that mean she doesn't like me? or am i just overthinking it?

batman2883
03-13-2006, 07:08 PM
most fun prom dates usually start off with groups and wind up in the hotel in the jacuzzi

ObiwanGinobili
03-13-2006, 07:41 PM
My date asked me who we're going with. Does that mean she doesn't like me? or am i just overthinking it?

you're over thinking it.
most kids go in groups.
especially if you're not in a steady relationship with her.

usckk
03-13-2006, 07:46 PM
True, I guess it would be awakward to go to dinner alone when our relationship isn't serious yet. Plus, its more fun. Thanks Obiwan, I feel better. I'm so OCD :)

Melmart1
03-13-2006, 08:06 PM
I did not want to go to my prom. I had broken up with my bf and I went to an all-girl's school, so every guy would have a date. Which basically means single girl hell. But my mom said I would regret it the rest of my life if I didn't go.

So I went, and there was a band singing nothing but Ace of Base covers (this was mid-90s) and the nuns making sure nobody was getting too close. It sucked. My friend who was supposed to go stag with me chickened out and got her mom to set her up on a blind date. The dude kept picking his ear and inspecting whatever he picked all night. Oh, and he sang show tunes in the car all the way back and forth. I think I had it better going stag. Thanks, mom!

usckk
03-13-2006, 08:31 PM
awww ...sorry :(

ShoogarBear
03-13-2006, 09:46 PM
The dude kept picking his ear and inspecting whatever he picked all night. Oh, and he sang show tunes in the car all the way back and forth. Sounds like that guy from Clueless, the one Silverstone originally had the crush on. :lol

2Blonde
03-14-2006, 12:27 AM
Obi is giving you excellent advice. The only thing I would say different is about the tux. I don't see any problem wearing the tux you have as long as it is black and tasteful. You could jazz it up with a nicer tie. Let your date be the bright spot of your evening and just have a wonderful time and enjoy your first of many proms.

midgetonadonkey
03-14-2006, 12:43 AM
If you get a tux, go with a full vest and not those stupid ass vests that snap in the back. A full button vest will make you look pimp.

Arthur
03-14-2006, 12:55 AM
most fun prom dates usually start off with groups and wind up in the hotel in the jacuzzi

Were you and Sir Robin wearing matching tuxedos when you attended? I'm just asking because I know how you ethnocentic types are about attire. Oh yes, and by the by are you the catcher or the pitcher? I mean Sir Robin is a bit fem' but after reading some of your posts I'd have to say you were more the bottom than he is.