PDA

View Full Version : Garnett Sounds Off on T'Wolves

Leetonidas
03-12-2006, 01:34 PM
"Bursting from the glass-enclosed training room immediately next to the dressing area in the visitors' locker room, (Kevin) Garnett blistered several Wolves teammates for taking the loss, in his view, too lightly. About a half-dozen players were packing up and at least two reporters were in the room when Garnett, peeved by what he saw as casualness and no doubt frustrated 62 games into the franchise's worst season since his rookie year, profanely and loudly scolded their attitude, then slammed the door as he went back into the training room."

"Outside the locker room, coach Dwane Casey paused when he heard the booming, not-quite-decipherable comments from 30 feet away. Inside, a few minutes later, a calmer Garnett paused, cleared his throat, paused again, then talked about it. "I'm looking for the right word here. ... I don't like to speak from a frustrated mind," Garnett said. "But you're playing one of the best teams in the damn league and you're not hyped, you're not up. The atmosphere in here is like we won. [This stuff] hurts, y'know what I mean?"

Kevin Garnett: "I really hate ... I try to keep things in house, but there's a certain tone [we need] in there, man, and we're going to keep that. And if you can't [abide] by the tone, you won't be here. You won't play. I don't sign nobody's checks, but you've got to be prepared and ready to play, man. I don't know, as a team every night, whether we're ready to do that. The focus is, it's got to hurt when you lose. I don't know if it's like that."

"I've never been one to hold my tongue, and I never will," said Garnett, who had 28 points, 10 rebounds, three steals and five turnovers. "I've always said I'm the black wolf here and I lead by example. This [stuff] hurts. If we're really trying to make a run for this thing, we've got 20-some games to go."

Minneapolis Star Tribune

1Parker1
03-12-2006, 01:38 PM
Garnett needs to be traded to LA for Odom, Luke Walton, and Devean George + draft pick...or whatever way it works.

I think Garnett and Kobe would actually complement eachother very well and play good together.

polandprzem
03-12-2006, 01:39 PM
It won't change nothing.

Kevin is a great athlete but it takes more to be a winner in this leauge

TDMVPDPOY
03-13-2006, 12:29 AM
cry me a river? wtf gives.

GO SPURS GO!

Obstructed_View
03-13-2006, 03:48 PM
KG is a role player. He needs a superstar alongside him if he wants to win.

cheguevara
03-13-2006, 04:00 PM
so he didn't shed tears this time?? :wow

Obstructed_View
03-13-2006, 04:15 PM
so he didn't shed tears this time?? :wow
I'm losin'.

:(

I'm losin'.

:cry

Darrin
03-13-2006, 04:23 PM
Man. You guys are harsh on him. Garnett is top-five when it comes to players I love watching play basketball, and I've been watching for about 16 years. I want to see him win, he steps up during playoff games, and gets them to the playoffs with a rotating door of teammates, and it's his fault; he's a wimp?

I wonder what you would think of Duncan if he didn't have 3 rings on his finger or the stability of the Spurs.

MoSpur
03-13-2006, 04:58 PM
KG for everyone on Spurs roster except for Duncan, Parker, Bowen, Manu, Finley, Horry, and Beno. They can have Rasho back. We'll give them Oberto, Barry, and the rights to Scola. We won't have Nazr because of his free agent status. We won't have Van exel because of his free agent status. Same goes for Marks.

baseline bum
03-14-2006, 12:39 AM
I can't wait to see Garnett on a new team next season. It's frustrating seeing one of the greatest talents in NBA history playing for such a garbage franchise. I don't blame them for last year because that was all Spree and Cassell, but they can't be serious trading for Marco Jaric and Ricky Davis.

Darrin
03-14-2006, 03:48 AM
I can't wait to see Garnett on a new team next season. It's frustrating seeing one of the greatest talents in NBA history playing for such a garbage franchise. I don't blame them for last year because that was all Spree and Cassell, but they can't be serious trading for Marco Jaric and Ricky Davis.

If the Wolves had any class, they would trade him.

rayray2k8
03-14-2006, 03:57 AM
If the Wolves had any class, they would trade him.
:depressed
This man deserves a chance to be on a winning team..
Him going the lakers wouldnt bother me.. In fact, I would LOVE IT!
It would bring back the rivalry again.. Now how sweet would that be?
Kinda feels lonely in the west :rolleyes :lol

Obstructed_View
03-14-2006, 09:29 PM
Man. You guys are harsh on him. Garnett is top-five when it comes to players I love watching play basketball, and I've been watching for about 16 years. I want to see him win, he steps up during playoff games, and gets them to the playoffs with a rotating door of teammates, and it's his fault; he's a wimp?

I wonder what you would think of Duncan if he didn't have 3 rings on his finger or the stability of the Spurs.
It's annoying that people lump Duncan and Garnett together just because they are both big and talented. It's not a foregone conclusion that the Spurs would be the same or better with Garnett instead of Duncan. Timmy doesn't get stupid offensive fouls at the end of close games. There are other players in this league that have done more with less than KG, who was extraordinarily overpaid early in his career and has never emerged as a leader. I want to see KG win too, but I'm not going to be one of these guys who blames everyone else for the fact that he has never gotten it done.