PDA

View Full Version : beno sucks

ducks
03-12-2006, 05:29 PM
that is all

exstatic
03-12-2006, 05:30 PM
Beno is the best passer and shooter on the team.

Solid D
03-12-2006, 05:31 PM
ducks, you clownin?

Rummpd
03-12-2006, 05:31 PM
Beno is if given time will be a very effective point guard in the NBA period due to his shooting touch and unreal passing ability. I for one hope that he stays on the Spurs.

leemajors
03-12-2006, 05:58 PM
Beno is the best passer and shooter on the team.

i always thought barry was the best passer, i was grilling through the whole game and didn't get to see though.

T-Pain
03-12-2006, 05:58 PM
beno can shoot

Slo spurs fan
03-12-2006, 06:01 PM
He was 4-7 FG (2-2 3PFG) and scored 10 points, 0 TO, and made 4 or 5 GREAT passes but his teammate missed layup or wide open 3 pointer.
Yea, he sucks

picnroll
03-12-2006, 06:04 PM
Yes it's clear that Van X is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Beno ....

Not.

ChumpDumper
03-12-2006, 06:05 PM
I'm glad he's gotten his handle back. As long as there is no backcourt pressure, there isn't a problem with Beno 's bringing the ball up.

timvp
03-12-2006, 06:11 PM
As long as there is no backcourt pressure, there isn't a problem with Beno 's bringing the ball up.

:tu

Beno had a good game and has been playing well, but it's a little premature to label him the best passer, shooter, defender and whatever else Spurs fans like to label him as.

Slo spurs fan
03-12-2006, 06:12 PM
I only label him as a good 2nd PG. That's all.

timvp
03-12-2006, 06:13 PM
I only label him as a good 2nd PG. That's all.

Good label.

Slo spurs fan
03-12-2006, 06:14 PM
...in the NBA.

;)

50cent
03-12-2006, 06:15 PM
that is all

So does the San-bag Spurs

GGG G GUNIT!

Kamnik
03-12-2006, 06:16 PM
:tu

Beno had a good game and has been playing well, but it's a little premature to label him the best passer, shooter, defender and whatever else Spurs fans like to label him as.

had to feel awful to see beno have another good game huh?

just joking ;) :)

van x is/was a good player but he simply isnt half the player Beno is atm

face it

years and injuries caught up on him and i doubt he can ever play on a level where he could be better than Beno

offcourse if they both get similar playing time

p.s.

i know ur a fan ov vanX but not saying just as a slovenian and Beno fan; if u look realisticly down deep u know im right ;)

Spurminator
03-12-2006, 06:18 PM
I think if there is backcourt pressure you make adjustments to keep Beno from having to bring the ball up, but you don't necessarily keep him off the floor.

timvp
03-12-2006, 06:20 PM
had to feel awful to see beno have another good game huh?

just joking ;) :)

van x is/was a good player but he simply isnt half the player Beno is atm

face it

years and injuries caught up on him and i doubt he can ever play on a level where he could be better than Beno

offcourse if they both get similar playing time

p.s.

i know ur a fan ov vanX but not saying just as a slovenian and Beno fan; if u look realisticly down deep u know im right ;)

If you have been reading the Chronicles of timvp, you would have read about how I want Beno to win the backup point guard job. He's younger and more healthy than NVE and has more upside at this point.

Beno has a chance to be a good player and can really help this team when he's playing hard.

picnroll
03-12-2006, 06:20 PM
I'm glad he's gotten his handle back. As long as there is no backcourt pressure, there isn't a problem with Beno 's bringing the ball up.
85 consecutive minutes, basically two full games, with 0 turnovers. So when are they going to start taking advantage of this problem.

Seems like Beno is smart enough to recognize and get rid of the ball when they try to pressure him in the backcourt.

Main problem I see in Beno's game right now is he isn't looking for his shot enough.

ChumpDumper
03-12-2006, 06:21 PM
So when are they going to start taking advantage of this problem.The playoffs.

Slo spurs fan
03-12-2006, 06:22 PM
I think if there is backcourt pressure you make adjustments to keep Beno from having to bring the ball up, but you don't necessarily keep him off the floor.
:tu It should be like today. Manu carryed ball over even when Tony was on the court, so why he couldn't do this with Beno on the court?

Slo spurs fan
03-12-2006, 06:24 PM
Main problem I see in Beno's game right now is he isn't looking for his shot enough.

Agreed.

picnroll
03-12-2006, 06:26 PM
We'll see.

So basically you're assumig he hasn't worked on that part of his game and improved? You're also assuming that, since he's shown no problems brining the ball up this year, usually by, when pressured, recognizing who's open and passing it up, that no team has made an effort to pressure him?

timvp
03-12-2006, 06:28 PM
If you force the Spurs to play point guard by committee, it'll take them out of their offense and won't allow them to run their sets as designed. You can't have three guys in the backcourt because your point guard might not be able to bring the ball up.

Beno has to learn to handle pressure. If he can't, he'll be a liability in the playoffs.

angel_luv
03-12-2006, 06:29 PM
Beno was great today. I especially loved his last second three at the end of the first. Beautiful! Slovenia is :king

1Parker1
03-12-2006, 06:32 PM
Angel, you sure you're not half Slovenian or something? If not, they should consider making you an honorary citizen or something...:lol

Slo spurs fan
03-12-2006, 06:32 PM
If you force the Spurs to play point guard by committee, it'll take them out of their offense and won't allow them to run their sets as designed. You can't have three guys in the backcourt because your point guard might not be able to bring the ball up.

Beno has to learn to handle pressure. If he can't, he'll be a liability in the playoffs.

You don't need three guys, sometimes center (Rasho or Nazr) can and should help (running infront of Beno). When one player has weakness there are 4 temmates to cover his weakness and I don't mean this only for Beno.

picnroll
03-12-2006, 06:33 PM
Beno hasn't shown a problem this year. When he shows a problem I'll agree. Otherwise you're assuming that he'll be the same this year as he was last. It was after the all-star break last year that Beno started looking shaky. This year after the all-star break, when given a chance, he's looked solid. So until he shows a problem ...

ALVAREZ6
03-12-2006, 06:33 PM
Beno kicks ass, WTF are you talkin about ducks

ChumpDumper
03-12-2006, 06:34 PM
So basically you're assumig he hasn't worked on that part of his game and improved? I said he got his handle back.
You're also assuming that, since he's shown no problems brining the ball up this year, usually by, when pressured, recognizing who's open and passing it up, that no team has made an effort to pressure him?I'll let you rewrite that in English, but I'll say that you forgot that he played like complete shit at the start of the season and eliminated even the question of his being the 2nd PG. Last I checked, Billups and Hunter still play for the Pistons, so it is a big concern. I will also say that if all we're going to use Beno for is a shooting guard, he won't even be in the rotation because however well he has played since the All-Star break, Barry and Finley have played better.

Really guys, what blistering defensive point guards have we faced in the past month?

angel_luv
03-12-2006, 06:35 PM
Angel, you sure you're not half Slovenian or something? If not, they should consider making you an honorary citizen or something...:lol

I'm sure working on it. :D

timvp
03-12-2006, 06:37 PM
Beno hasn't shown a problem this year. When he shows a problem I'll agree. Otherwise you're assuming that he'll be the same this year as he was last. It was after the all-star break last year that Beno started looking shaky. This year after the all-star break, when given a chance, he's looked solid. So until he shows a problem ...

Did you watch him unable to bring the ball up against Bobby Jackson? It also happened versus Tyronne Lue earlier this year. In the playoffs, I'd worry about teams like the Grizzlies (BJax), Lakers (Kobe), Hornets (Claxton & Paul), Denver (Miller & Boykins), Dallas (Harris) and of course Lindsey Hunter and the Pistons.

You are 100% confident that Beno would have no trouble bringing the ball up against those players?

picnroll
03-12-2006, 06:42 PM
Really guys, what blistering defensive point guards have we faced in the past month?
Which backup PG, the ones he usually matches up against, would you rank as "blistering defensive point guards". He'll have a go against Speedy, a couple against Watson. Will that meet your requirements?

ChumpDumper
03-12-2006, 06:44 PM
That didn't answer my question, did it?

Spurminator
03-12-2006, 06:49 PM
I submit that Van Exel bricking a wild shot and igniting a fast break for the other team would happen as often or more often than Beno turning the ball over while bringing the ball up. Given Beno's ability in the half court offense and superiority over NVE defensively, I believe the Spurs are better off adjusting to the pressure they will see in the Playoffs in a way that still allows Beno to set up the half court offense.

Right now I'm more comfortable giving it a shot than assuming it's an inevitable failure and handing the ball back to Van Exel when he's healthy. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work... and Van Exel gets his spot back. But I think we can handle the two or three turnovers over a couple of games to get to that realization.

timvp
03-12-2006, 06:50 PM
March
Thu 2 Dallas -- Rotting corpse of D. Armstrong.
Sat 4 Portland -- Blake, Telfair and Jack.
Mon 6 at LA Lakers -- Sasha the Slovenian
Tue 7 at LA Clippers -- Livingston
Thu 9 at Phoenix -- Andre Barrett
Fri 10 LA Lakers -- Sasha the Slovenian
Sun 12 Houston -- Rick Brunson

I think it's pretty safe to say that Nazr could have been running the point and gone turnover free in this stretch.

1Parker1
03-12-2006, 06:51 PM
^Beno had trouble bringing up the ball against Sasha?

1Parker1
03-12-2006, 06:52 PM
NM, I recall the 3rd quarter TO's.

ChumpDumper
03-12-2006, 06:52 PM
I still have yet to see this defensive superiority, really.

As it is, they'll both be on the playoff roster IMO. Pop can sort the rest out. The only roster question I would have is Oberto or Marks?

Spurminator
03-12-2006, 06:54 PM
His defense is nothing to write home about, but when comparing with Van Exel, it basically comes down to a size advantage.

timvp
03-12-2006, 06:55 PM
I still have yet to see this defensive superiority, really.

As it is, they'll both be on the playoff roster IMO. Pop can sort the rest out. The only roster question I would have is Oberto or Marks?

Haven't you heard? Beno is the best shooter on a team with three players with > 1000 career three-pointers. Beno is the best passer on a team with Manu, TP, Barry and even Tim. Beno is the best defensive guard as well.

picnroll
03-12-2006, 07:01 PM
That didn't answer my question, did it?
You asked what "blistering defensive PG" has he faced. By not giving any the answer is none obviously. But if he isn't stolen blind by Claxton/Paul or Watson will you concede he faced some "blistering defensive PG" with success. Just trying to find if/when you might give him some credit.

TimVP against the teams you mentioned, LAL, Denver, NOK, Det, Dallas Beno has played 70 minutes and had 7 TOs, that's an average of 4.1 TOs/game. Doubt a whole lot of those were in trying to bring the ball up but can't swear to it.

ducks
03-12-2006, 07:03 PM
I started this thread after the first couple of minutes int he fourth when the spurs were getting their asses handed to them

beno and speedy are the most overrated players ever as a spur

ChumpDumper
03-12-2006, 07:05 PM
Just trying to find if/when you might give him some credit.I already have, and I am completely justified in my concerns until he proves them wrong in the playoffs.

I hope he does.

picnroll
03-12-2006, 07:09 PM
I think he can do a decent job brining the ball up against anybody but Detroit. Detroit is tough on a lot of teams and if Pop keeps him on the court with Manu, maybe Barry I'll take the chance until/if he breaks down.

On the other hand I have zero confidence in Van X against Detroit and many others. He has a tendency to piss away the shot clock and it's tough enough to get decent shots against good teams.

Spurminator
03-12-2006, 07:11 PM
Someone tell ducks that you can like Tony Parker without having to hate his backup.

It's not a rivalry.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-12-2006, 07:21 PM

timvp just made a prediction

Cant_Be_Faded
03-12-2006, 07:22 PM

:fro ducks

IX_Equilibrium
03-12-2006, 07:24 PM
that is all

You suck for making this dumbass thread

SequSpur
03-12-2006, 07:25 PM
Beno is Steve Kerr Jr.

Kerr couldn't bring the ball up court either.

samikeyp
03-12-2006, 07:27 PM

I label him as the best Slovenian point guard ever to wear number 14 for the Spurs. :)

Seriously though.....timvpimp is right. Its all about the playoffs and if Beno can't handle the pressure then..it doesn't matter much.

Guru of Nothing
03-12-2006, 07:46 PM
Make this a poll question. Who would you rather have on the court for the final two minutes of a game 7 final?

My contrarian ass says Beno.

Spurminator
03-12-2006, 07:48 PM
If we have to choose between Beno and Van Exel to run the point in that situation, we're fucked anyway.

[/my dodging the question ass] :lol

exstatic
03-12-2006, 08:06 PM
The "best passer" tag came from Pop. I gave him the best shooter label. He seems less streaky than anyone else on the club from outside.

SAGambler
03-12-2006, 08:47 PM
What Beno does have is the sweetest shot on the court. Pure and effortless from 3 point land. And the boy can make some sweet passes to go with that shot.

I sure hope Pop don't chance it with NVE come playoff time. He is going to be rusty from all this time off, and Beno certainly looks like he has earned the minutes.

If they are worried about him getting trapped, then just let someone else bring it up. But he certainly spreads the floor more than Nick does.

smeagol
03-12-2006, 09:14 PM
Beno is a decent back up. He needs to prove himself in the playoffs. He is 23? He only played once in the playoffs.

Some people have no patience.

Solid D
03-12-2006, 09:52 PM
Beno > Since http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/ICN/ICN205/F0014481.jpg

SoCalSpursFan
03-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Beno = $

picnroll
03-12-2006, 10:01 PM
Nobody is saying Beno is a future star. I'd have been happier if Pop had gotten Jameer Nelson like he tried to but given what we have

Beno >>> Van Ex

Some people seem to think Nick has something left in the tank but that tank ran dry.

SuperManu!!!
03-12-2006, 10:10 PM
I think ducks is scared that maybe someday beno will take over the starting position. DOn't worry ducks!!!! As long as parker can keep that speed, he will be fine

SequSpur
03-12-2006, 10:12 PM
The Spurs need someone to get the ball from the opponents baseline and halfcourt in 8 seconds.

Beno can't do that.

Therefore NVE > x 100 Beno

Solid D
03-12-2006, 10:16 PM
Beno and Finley were a great bench lift for the Spurs today. Horry still isn't right and Brent wasn't "on" like he has been in the previous games.

Pop stayed with Beno surprisingly long today. The offense bogged down a bit there in the 4th and Udrih struggled a couple of times defending Alston...but then Beno came right back and scored a 3-pt. play on Rafer, temporarily putting a damper on Alston's bravado.

Manu proved once again that when he becomes the playmaker at the end of games, he's usually money in closing out opponents. He gets everybody involved. Tony's gotten better at it this year but Manu is still the best in that situation. In catch-up mode vs. the Lakers he tried to do too much but normally he's awesome.

SouthernFried
03-12-2006, 10:21 PM
Agreed about Manu being the best playmaker on the team.

And I remember Parker having just as many defensive problems as Beno with certain guards.

Anyone who thinks NVE, at this point, is better than Beno...is a fool. Beno ain't perfect...but, he's a damn good backup PG right now.

That is all.

wildbill2u
03-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Didn't a certain all-star guard have some problems in big games in the playoffs--even last year.

Don't rookies usually have a problem against the best defensive guards in the league, especially in the NBA finals when the presure is greatest and unknown for a player fresh from overseas?

Can't we cut Beno some slack? I think he's played pretty well lately against some very good teams.

ChumpDumper
03-12-2006, 10:36 PM
All he has to do is prove it in the playoffs. Thank you all for agreeing with me, BTW.

picnroll
03-12-2006, 10:41 PM
All he has to do is prove it in the playoffs. Thank you all for agreeing with me, BTW.
Are you talking about Beno or Parker? Or both?

ChumpDumper
03-12-2006, 10:46 PM
Beno, I'm pleased you all acknowledged the problems he had in the playoffs.

And that his post ASG play has been against not-so-stalwart defenders.

Trying to change the subject to Tony is quite useless.

If Nick is healthy, they'll both be on the playoff roster and Beno will definitely play. He'll get his chance. That's all your asking for isn't it?

picnroll
03-12-2006, 11:03 PM
We'll resume the discussion when the Spurs get to the playoffs since apparently Beno can prove nothing until then. Point is that's the position some are taking with Parker and his entire season to date.

TDMVPDPOY
03-12-2006, 11:10 PM
beno has been very consistent since the ASG, his been avg 10ppg.

ChumpDumper
03-12-2006, 11:11 PM
Right now I'm propping Beno for his current play.

Bully.

What does that mean for the playoffs?

About as much as a Mavfan's paper champion matchup sheet.

If you want to debate Tony's worth we can start another thread.

picnroll
03-12-2006, 11:18 PM
I'm not doubting Parker's worth and of late Udrih's. I am doubting Van Exel's and think the Spurs would fare better with Beno as backup than Nick. That's all. He'll prove or not prove it if he gets a chance. I think some have invested so much in doubting his abilities, are living so much with the memories of his rookie year as a rookie in a pressure situation against a tough team, that there objectivity is skewed.

ChumpDumper
03-12-2006, 11:19 PM
He'll get his chance.

Whoopie.

SenorSpur
03-13-2006, 12:55 AM
I submit that Van Exel bricking a wild shot and igniting a fast break for the other team would happen as often or more often than Beno turning the ball over while bringing the ball up. Given Beno's ability in the half court offense and superiority over NVE defensively, I believe the Spurs are better off adjusting to the pressure they will see in the Playoffs in a way that still allows Beno to set up the half court offense.

Right now I'm more comfortable giving it a shot than assuming it's an inevitable failure and handing the ball back to Van Exel when he's healthy. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work... and Van Exel gets his spot back. But I think we can handle the two or three turnovers over a couple of games to get to that realization.

Well said Spurminator. Besides his chronic elbow condition, NVE's play scares me more than Beno bringing the ball upcourt against pressure. Besides the Spurs can use Barry to perform this task some in the playoffs.

ata
03-13-2006, 02:53 AM
Did you watch him unable to bring the ball up against Bobby Jackson? It also happened versus Tyronne Lue earlier this year. In the playoffs, I'd worry about teams like the Grizzlies (BJax), Lakers (Kobe), Hornets (Claxton & Paul), Denver (Miller & Boykins), Dallas (Harris) and of course Lindsey Hunter and the Pistons.

You are 100% confident that Beno would have no trouble bringing the ball up against those players?

March
Thu 2 Dallas -- Rotting corpse of D. Armstrong.
Sat 4 Portland -- Blake, Telfair and Jack.
Mon 6 at LA Lakers -- Sasha the Slovenian
Tue 7 at LA Clippers -- Livingston
Thu 9 at Phoenix -- Andre Barrett
Fri 10 LA Lakers -- Sasha the Slovenian
Sun 12 Houston -- Rick Brunson

I think it's pretty safe to say that Nazr could have been running the point and gone turnover free in this stretch.

Do you really think, that Beno in so dangerous, that Lakers will play against him with Kobe? Wow, you actually praise Beno.

Are you picking Beno's opponents with regard to point, you want to prove?

timvp
03-13-2006, 02:55 AM
Do you really think, that Beno in so dangerous, that Lakers will play against him with Kobe? Wow, you actually praise Beno.

Are you picking Beno's opponents with regard to point, you want to prove?

Devin Harris was injured and Phil Jackson wouldn't show his playoff strategy in the regular season. He'd do to Beno what he did to Terry Porter not too long ago ... stick Kobe on him and make someone else bring the ball up.

kalikot_boy_kr
03-13-2006, 07:25 AM
:wow "pareng beno!!!

Manu+Fabri
03-13-2006, 09:29 AM
I started this thread after the first couple of minutes int he fourth when the spurs were getting their asses handed to them

What about Manu? What do you think about him? Thank you ( my first post)
:spin

fonzy16
03-13-2006, 09:34 AM
What about Manu? What do you think about him? Thank you ( my first post)
:spin

manu sucks. We should trade him. send him back to argentina.

NOT!
:lol

angel_luv
03-13-2006, 11:13 AM
How about we all just be happy for Beno that he is doing so well and root for that to continue.

I mean really, whose side are you on anyway?

angel_luv
03-13-2006, 11:34 AM
http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/quotes_060312.html

Timmy (after March 12 Rockets game) on Beno:
“Beno has been playing great for us. With Nick (Van Exel) out right now Beno is getting a lot of minutes and he has really responded well. From last year to this year there has been a big change in Beno’s game. He has always had confidence in his shot, but he is seeing the court a lot better this year than he has before.”

Slo spurs fan
03-13-2006, 11:56 AM
JVG (Rockets head coach):“Finley’s baseline dunk was big and Beno’s three hurt us. Udrih’s been playing behind Van Exel all year and you have to give their coaching staff credit for keeping him so upbeat and ready to play now that they need him.”

(from same article as Angel's)

angel_luv
03-13-2006, 12:02 PM
You can't keep someone upbeat and ready unless they are willing to cooperate, so props to Beno too. :)

Solid D
03-13-2006, 01:11 PM
http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/quotes_060312.html

Timmy (after March 12 Rockets game) on Beno:
“Beno has been playing great for us. With Nick (Van Exel) out right now Beno is getting a lot of minutes and he has really responded well. From last year to this year there has been a big change in Beno’s game. He has always had confidence in his shot, but he is seeing the court a lot better this year than he has before.”

Hmmm. I thought Beno stunk out loud.

MoSpur
03-13-2006, 01:17 PM
There are people who won't give Beno credit because of his play in the Finals. They can't seem to get over it and over the fact that he was a rookie on the biggest NBA stage. I for one like his game. He is a very good point guard and great as Tony's backup. A lot of teams would love to have him as their starter.

Slo spurs fan
03-13-2006, 01:29 PM
Link (http://www.nba.com/spurs/timeout/060313.html)
March 13, 2006
20-Second Timeout: Beno Answering The Call
by Bill Schoening, the radio voice of the Spurs

The Spurs 23-year-old European point guard got the ball near midcourt and raced up the floor for a fastbreak. Sensing the Suns' Raja Bell closing on him quickly, he wisely used the rim to shield the defender, went to his left hand and hit a reverse layup to build the Spurs lead.
It was the type of play that we have started to see often from this player who turned pro when he was still a teenager. No, we're not talking about Tony Parker.

Beno Udrih is the other young Spurs point guard who has been making the most of his opportunities in recent weeks. Udrih has been relied upon because of a nagging elbow injury to veteran Nich Van Exel.

Udrih has drawn praise from the coaching staff because of his attitude. When the Spurs acquired Van Exel during the offseason, Udrih realized his playing time might get reduced, but he never sulked or complained. He was determined to work harder and he tried to pick up some things from Van Exel, who is now in his 13th year in the NBA.

After spending time playing in pro leagues in his native Slovenia, Russia, and Israel, Udrih has settled in San Antonio and bought a house. He'd like to stay and contribute any way he can. Not only has his confidence grown, his teammates and coaching staff have also shown added confidence in him.

Look for an even more significant contribution by Udrih in the stretch run.

Sweetmelody
03-13-2006, 01:31 PM
How about we all just be happy for Beno that he is doing so well and root for that to continue.

I mean really, whose side are you on anyway?

Well said Angel! :)

I am happy for anyone that is playing well....well except the opposing team! :lol

picnroll
03-13-2006, 01:46 PM
Teammates and coaches with confidnece in Beno? What's the matter with them?

angel_luv
03-13-2006, 03:19 PM
After spending time playing in pro leagues in his native Slovenia, Russia, and Israel, Udrih has settled in San Antonio and bought a house. He'd like to stay and contribute any way he can. Not only has his confidence grown, his teammates and coaching staff have also shown added confidence in him.

Beno bought a house. Good stuff! :)

LilMissSPURfect
03-13-2006, 04:00 PM
There was a GUARD and BENO was his NAME-O
.............B

.............E

.............N

.............O

(sorry spring fever.....)

SoCalSpursFan
03-13-2006, 09:19 PM
Beno bought a house. Good stuff! :)

Yea at the Tux'N'Tennies Sean Elliot went with a camera crew to Beno's house and Beno gave a tour. Funny stuff~!

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 09:43 PM
Sucks?

That's not fair. I would play NVE over him, and I'd go so far as to call him a career-backup. But he doesn't suck, by any extenet of the imagination.

angel_luv
03-13-2006, 10:10 PM
Yea at the Tux'N'Tennies Sean Elliot went with a camera crew to Beno's house and Beno gave a tour. Funny stuff~!

Tell me more, please :)

ashbeeigh
03-14-2006, 01:27 AM
About the Hornets game on the 14th:

Scouting report: The Spurs lost 89-76 to New Orleans on Dec. 8 in Oklahoma City but won the next two meetings by 27 and 16 points. ... The Spurs shot 37.2 percent in their Jan.25 victory but held the Hornets to 31 percent. ... Beno Udrih has averaged 11.2 points on 58.1 percent shooting in his past five games. ... Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker have shot 10 of 40 in the first half of the previous two games. ... Duncan has two games of at least 20 points this month — two more than he had in February.

Source (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/stories/MYSA031406.4D.spurs.preview.d3be83c.html)

sucks? Please.