PDA

View Full Version : Tim=Dave

gospursgojas
03-13-2006, 03:30 AM
Did anyone notice how the two spins Timmy put on Howard tonight looked like ol school DRob moves???

boutons_
03-13-2006, 12:48 PM
In NBA Hardwood Classics, I saw Tim do the spin moves back in 1999. They aren't new for Tim, and certainly aren't exclusive to or innovations of David and Tim.

Although Tim is still slow to defend the paint, he's certainly looking more agressive on offense.

FromWayDowntown
03-13-2006, 12:57 PM
In NBA Hardwood Classics, I saw Tim do the spin moves back in 1999. They aren't new for Tim, and certainly aren't exclusive to or innovations of David and Tim.

Although Tim is still slow to defend the paint, he's certainly looking more agressive on offense.

He took it hard at Yao on at least two occasions yesterday. Both times he was stymied and was perturbed that he didn't get calls (though on one in the first half, Yao seemed to maintain his plane and certainly wasn't going to get hit with his 3rd that early in the game). Even though he didn't score, his willingness to attack and the relative elevation he got in going hard to the rim were welcome.

Tim did an excellent job defending Yao without help at several points in that game as well.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-13-2006, 01:47 PM
I liked Timmy's energy yesterday too.

As for the spin moves. . .DRob in his prime was so fast on those spin moves that most defenders would still be in their original spot when David was already flushing the ball. People remember the David at the end of his career that was hampered by a bad back, but the young David's go-to move was his speed attacking the basket. He never had a signature shot. . .his signature move was beating his man to the rim.

Sec24Row7
03-13-2006, 03:23 PM
Tim=Dave?

Do you mean in the sense that he has almost totally relinquished any sort of offensive drive to Parker, Manu and the jumpshooters?

sanman53
03-13-2006, 06:31 PM
I like the one where Howard fell after Timmy did his spin move!

Trainwreck2100
03-13-2006, 06:40 PM
Tim don't have DRob's guns.

SoCalSpursFan
03-13-2006, 07:36 PM
Juwan got pwned!

wildbill2u
03-14-2006, 12:47 PM
His game has changed. It's good that TD has some other ways to score. Remember when he entered the league he was more of a face-up forward and deadly with his medium range bank shot. It gave him a chance to spread the floor and kept double teams to a minimum.

Now he's having trouble with a two foot bank shot. And now he mostly plays with his back to the basket like a center.

I wonder if this is caused by his injury or by age creeping up. I remember that Gervin went away from his jump shot about midway through his career.