PDA

View Full Version : _MavTalk Loves SpursTalk_

Troll
03-13-2006, 11:01 AM
The folks @ MavTalk say this site kicks SpursReports ass...........

congrats :smokin

http://www.mavtalk.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=002109

nkdlunch
03-13-2006, 11:11 AM
that great debater dude they're praising, is it by any chance mavfan1000? :lol

mouse
03-13-2006, 11:16 AM
The folks @ MavTalk say this site kicks SpursReports ass...........

congrats :smokin

http://www.mavtalk.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=002109

Thanks for the link I had no idea there were other Maverick fans, and all this time I have wasted in here......... :lmao

Hooters Girl
03-13-2006, 11:17 AM

:lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-13-2006, 11:25 AM
I love that fans from all teams can come in here and have some logical discussions.

Sure, most will associate the trolls here with the whole board, but as the board logistics go, those who have enough thoughts to stay do and those who don't eventually fall off.

Welcome, MavTalkers.

kskonn
03-13-2006, 11:33 AM
Mouse= MickeyinSA? wow you realloy called them out. We will see if that JonG guy actually shows up.,

Smackie Chan
03-13-2006, 11:38 AM
Hey Blaze I posted this link at that site a few yrears back and it got deleted, Then I read some topic 8 months ago about why it's dead at there site. I told them how the F__K are you going to get any traffic if you don't let folks share links?

Then I got banned. :lmao

Funny how websites have to learn things the hard way............

mouse
03-13-2006, 11:48 AM
Mouse= MickeyinSA? wow you realloy called them out. We will see if that JonG guy actually shows up.,

When I started to post there me and him went at it. He soon found out I was not your average web surfer/ Troll. .Many of them called me a bandwagon fan and It was a rough two years,

http://www.mavtalk.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001504

But as the Mavs would lose? I would be one of the only 3 posters at that board that still had faith. JonG was one of them also. Then I started to gain respect as long time posters there gave up on the Mavericks I soon called them out on it.

You should go to the last page and work your way to the front you will see mighty mouse in action :smokin

http://www.mavtalk.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

batman2883
03-13-2006, 11:51 AM
Fuck the MAVS

Hooters Girl
03-13-2006, 11:54 AM
Fuck the MAVS

How old are you batman?

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a290/slappzilla/781612781435dc0da35b74.gif

leemajors
03-13-2006, 12:01 PM
JonG could not dominate this board, what a joke. he tried to refute FWD remotely and promptly contradicted himself.

Kid karaoke
03-13-2006, 12:11 PM
who here hasn't? JonG can smack I have seen him in action

GoSpurs21
03-13-2006, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the link I had no idea there were other Maverick fans, and all this time I have wasted in here......... :lmaocome on mouse everybody over here knows that the people at mavstalk kicked you out several years ago and have never liked you since

who gives a fuck?
03-13-2006, 12:14 PM
come on mouse everybody over here knows that the people at mavstalk kicked you out several years ago and have never liked you since

leemajors
03-13-2006, 12:14 PM
who here hasn't? JonG can smack I have seen him in action

talking smack and backing up good points are two different things. if he is called JonG because he wears a jean thong i have to give him props though...

tv guide
03-13-2006, 12:21 PM
You can always click the link and prove mouse wrong!

mavsfan1000
03-13-2006, 02:05 PM
Nope. I believe it was MFFL.....

Solid D
03-13-2006, 02:16 PM
mavsfan1000, do you post at MavTalk and if so, by what screen name(s)? Sorry if you have already addressed this elsewhere.

leemajors
03-13-2006, 02:19 PM
do they not realize you can turn signatures off?

mavsfan1000
03-13-2006, 02:22 PM
mavsfan1000, do you post at MavTalk and if so, by what screen name(s)? Sorry if you have already addressed this elsewhere.
Yeah I post occasionally. Mavfan1000.

Dude
03-13-2006, 02:33 PM

:lmao

ObiwanGinobili
03-13-2006, 02:44 PM

yeah. I noticed they kept "complaing" about sigs and only having so many posts per page.

but you can turn off sigs , and you can set it to show 40 posts per page. :huh

gesh. I guess it's becasue thier set up is so outdated.They arn;t familiar with this new modern adn scary tech-no-ology. :lol

ObiwanGinobili
03-13-2006, 02:46 PM
and if JonG came over here?

I'd respect him.
I respect mavsfan1000 (even tho i think he's full of happy shorse shit) and WayDowntownBang and .. to a lesser extent TlongII... and quite a few other posters who are not Spurs fans.

Sec24Row7
03-13-2006, 03:21 PM
I get annoyed enough with our whiny homers.

I don't want to have to put up with theirs.

If we can get good objective Mavs fans that want to discuss games, that's fine.

If we get the whiny homer ones, that's fine too I guess... I just will let the trolls beat them up.

tlongII
03-13-2006, 03:22 PM
and if JonG came over here?

I'd respect him.
I respect mavsfan1000 (even tho i think he's full of happy shorse shit) and WayDowntownBang and .. to a lesser extent TlongII... and quite a few other posters who are not Spurs fans.

Lesser extent?! WTF?!

Suns Fan
03-13-2006, 04:32 PM
I respect mavsfan1000 (even tho i think he's full of happy shorse shit).

Thanks for the new sig :lmao

Carnie
03-13-2006, 04:35 PM
I get annoyed enough with our whiny homers.

I don't want to have to put up with theirs.

If we can get good objective Mavs fans that want to discuss games, that's fine.

If we get the whiny homer ones, that's fine too I guess... I just will let the trolls beat them up.

Dude you took the long way around just to say your on the fence :lmao

ChumpDumper
03-13-2006, 04:41 PM
I've posted a couple of times on MavTalk and DallasBasketball boards, but just informational drive-by posts answering questions about the cap or clearing up a misconception about the Spurs roster -- not to run smack. If I want to be rude and combative, I can do that here with fans of my own team. More satisfying.

rayray2k8
03-13-2006, 05:06 PM
hehe.. look below :lol

FromWayDowntown
03-13-2006, 07:03 PM
JonG could not dominate this board, what a joke. he tried to refute FWD remotely and promptly contradicted himself.

:wtf

cs100
03-13-2006, 08:47 PM
Are the forums competing for something other than posters? :huh

Duff McCartney
03-13-2006, 08:55 PM
JonG guy is the biggest homer I've ever seen. It's ridiculous how his homerism is defined.

Mavtalk will forever be infamous to me because I remember the thread of the 2003 WCF Game 6.

It was like watching a trainwreck..everybody is all happy with "I smell a game 7" and then they are "Fuck."

Beautiful

Smackie Chan
03-13-2006, 09:37 PM
yes But I have seen JonG call out the bandwagon Mav fans and I have seen him crack a few jokes ,You must remember that website was super butt ass tight about anyone new. it was like they only wanted the same 10 posters to post there, and If you did not say anything that was not "Dallas Like?" you would be called a tool , But now that JonG is a Modeator he seems a little anal. But that comes with the job :lol

I guess, The bottom-line is? if your scared of posters from other websites your better off not signing on the www to start with, who wants to live in a Bubble?

Rummpd
03-13-2006, 09:45 PM
I have come to respect Mavsfan1000 even though I called him out on a post and others - I realize most of the time Mouse is just trolling but find him amusing to a point.

Mavs are a team one has to respect in reality as they have rebuilt on the fly losing a superstar and a star and stayed strong. I still cannot stand Cuban but he does get credit for bashing back on Phil Jackson in an amusing way and AJ is a real find as a coach.

Mavs will be strong for a number of years, not convinced yet they can ever break through to win it all but at least they will be in the hunt and it will be a interesting rivarly.

I for one glad they are strong this year as otherwise i am afraid the Spurs would be coasting and it is good to have some strong competition. Would be a great series that if both teams get their health back could go seven but Spurs will prevail!

yeahone
03-13-2006, 09:54 PM
we all know spurs talk is a class above the rest

SequSpur
03-13-2006, 10:01 PM
FTMavs

ObiwanGinobili
03-13-2006, 10:10 PM
Lesser extent?! WTF?!

:lmao :lmao :lmao

got your attention didn't it!

hahahah don't get your panties in a bunch! you know I love you ya sheep loving mofo! :princess

DannyT
03-13-2006, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the link I had no idea there were other Maverick fans, and all this time I have wasted in here......... :lmao
WOW and all this time i though troll and mousey were the same person......
but i do love how he replies to his own post!!!

leemajors
03-13-2006, 11:38 PM
:wtf

i'm sure you saw his post in reply to your comments about dirk/bowen. he took the bowen is a dirty player, blind homer angle then did a 180 and said he was not surprised dirk didn't get any calls because he wasn't agressive enough. i guess refute was too strong a word.

mavsfan1000
03-13-2006, 11:58 PM
Yeah he was talking about Bowen being a dirty player and how FWD was too homeristic to see that.

leemajors
03-14-2006, 12:07 AM
i also meant remotely refuting as replying to your comments in a remote forum, not that your points are unassailable by any logic or anything like that.

cs100
03-14-2006, 12:32 AM
I really enjoy the diversity of this forum. There are non-Spur fans, fans from different parts of the country and outside the country and there are fans who may be your next door neighbor. Opinions and interpretations are great to read. Yea, sometimes these opinions and interpretations can irritate posters, but for the most part, the discussion is civil.

I think limiting a forum to only those that feel the same way stunts one's perspectives and opinions. IMO.

Pandaemonaeon
03-14-2006, 01:37 AM
The real reason why I go to this forum is the design. It's just so good to look at. Probably the best looking b-ball forum around. I know the posts are just as important but I can't stand posting at an EZBoard because of how prehistoric it works.

rayray2k8
03-14-2006, 03:33 AM
Its too bad that some of these mav fans are paranoid about coming over here..
What the hell are we gonna do to them? internet punch them? :lol
You mav fans are like our little brothers.. always thinking you're better the next and willing to prove it. But again you get pushied back. Eventually Dallas may beat us in a playoff series, and get the monkey off their back, but its unlikely.
Its also a shame that dude JonG doesnt think we would give him a chance to speak up about his team, because we WOULD. then we would call him a dumbass and burn him about it, but hey, it would all be in good fun!! :devil

FromWayDowntown
03-14-2006, 10:11 AM
i'm sure you saw his post in reply to your comments about dirk/bowen. he took the bowen is a dirty player, blind homer angle then did a 180 and said he was not surprised dirk didn't get any calls because he wasn't agressive enough. i guess refute was too strong a word.

I see now. Hmmm, didn't know my posts were being broken down elsewhere. Also didn't know I'd be judged by a single paragraph in a single post (though I'm hardly surprised that the seemingly objective and hopefully valid points in the remainder of that post were wholly ignored), but so be it.

If someone is inclined to view Bruce Bowen as a dirty player, nothing I say will change that. Apparently, the things that Bruce Bowen does as a defender are seen as permissible by the league and its officials, because while NBA officiating is anything but consistent, one consistency in its application is the dearth of touch fouls against Bowen for all of the things that he is alleged to have done. That truth is in particular relief against the number of complaints that opposing players make against Bowen for all sorts of things. Either officials are willfully ignorant through some conspiracy to promote Bruce Bowen and the Spurs or the league has made a conscious decision that minor contact off-the-ball and 20 feet from the basket is not going to be called. I'd think Mavericks fans would be thankful that the latter appears true, given Dirk's routine offensive clear-outs and moving screens, but I guess it would be too much to expect consistency across the internets. I, frankly, don't buy into officiating conspiracies, but if a Mavs fan chooses to adopt that approach, that's his choice.

leemajors
03-14-2006, 10:16 AM
officiating conspiracies do seem a lot more valid when your team comes out with a loss =] then again, sometimes NBA officials don't make it easy with their lack of consistency, it's best to think of them as part of the game, something that cannot be controlled - they are human.

FromWayDowntown
03-14-2006, 10:34 AM
officiating conspiracies do seem a lot more valid when your team comes out with a loss =] then again, sometimes NBA officials don't make it easy with their lack of consistency, it's best to think of them as part of the game, something that cannot be controlled - they are human.

The officials are a human part of the game. But my point is that one of the things that is consistent about NBA officiating is the relatively small number of calls against Bruce Bowen, despite all of the complaining about his methods. Again, either NBA officials are entrenched in some conspiracy to promote Bruce Bowen or the Spurs (both of which would be remarkable assertions to me) or the league has determined that the rules should not be interpreted in a fashion that would result in calls being made for minor contact that occurs on the perimeter and off-the-ball.

Which of those results seems most plausible?

leemajors
03-14-2006, 10:41 AM
the assertation that the spurs are actively being promoted (as a small market team no less) would be championed by the very same people who think the nba and pop conspired to:
A. tank a season to acquire tim duncan and
B. get rick pitino out of the league in one fell swoop...
the most plausible would definitely be your latter statement - stern has said the nba is actively trying to get scoring back up. calling more touch fouls for minor contact on the perimeter (offensive or defensive) would ultimately bog the game down.

Tonto
03-14-2006, 10:54 AM
tonto not understand
paleface mavtalk posters

smeagol
03-14-2006, 10:58 AM
FWD, you don't understand.

Bruce is a dirty player. Evidence to this is the amount of times he has been ejected. :spin

FromWayDowntown
03-14-2006, 11:05 AM
the assertation that the spurs are actively being promoted (as a small market team no less) would be championed by the very same people who think the nba and pop conspired to:
A. tank a season to acquire tim duncan and
B. get rick pitino out of the league in one fell swoop...

Why do I suspect that my detractors at mavtalk would also buy into those ideas as well?

the most plausible would definitely be your latter statement - stern has said the nba is actively trying to get scoring back up. calling more touch fouls for minor contact on the perimeter (offensive or defensive) would ultimately bog the game down.

Well, I don't know about the latter assertion. You would actually increase scoring (I would think) by calling more touch fouls outside, because you'd discourage defenders from playing aggressively (and within the normalized rules of basketball) for fear that they'd draw fouls. You'd also end up with teams shooting more free throws, which would tend to increase scoring. Of course, the game would be bogged down -- at least until defenders were completely deterred from playing the game -- into free throw shooting contests, but you likely would increase scoring.

What I find remarkable is this: fans complain about the refusal of NBA officials to call that sort of foul, but at any other level of basketball, that sort of contact isn't called, either. Watch the NCAA Tournament games this week -- I'd argue that the amount and degree of contact allowed in an NCAA game far exceeds the amount and degree of contact allowed in a lot of NBA games. The rules at each level regarding contact are relatively similar, so which game is being called incorrectly?

Rack The Trolls!
03-14-2006, 11:34 AM
^ RACK! This Vato!

leemajors
03-14-2006, 11:35 AM
i would think that bogging a game down like that would decrease fan interest by increasing the amount of time it takes to play the game - a lot of people are turned off by the time out strategy and fouling used at the end of close games already. you are correct about the increase in scoring, i agree fully there. for the most part NBA games flow very well until the last 3-5 minutes, where they can get bogged down.

FromWayDowntown
03-14-2006, 12:08 PM
i would think that bogging a game down like that would decrease fan interest by increasing the amount of time it takes to play the game - a lot of people are turned off by the time out strategy and fouling used at the end of close games already. you are correct about the increase in scoring, i agree fully there. for the most part NBA games flow very well until the last 3-5 minutes, where they can get bogged down.

I don't disagree with you about that as a general concept, though I think over the long haul, if the league called the game as these folks wish it to be called, you'd see more free-flowing offense, less perimeter defense, and higher scores.

I also don't think, though, that my argument relies on the notion that calling touch fouls off-the-ball and away from the basket is a determination made to aid in scoring or increasing fan interest. My point is that regardless of the reasons that support the decision, the NBA has decided that officials should not call contact of the sort that leads to the complaints from Mavs fans. Now, either the league and its officials have decided that interpretation of the rule applies only to Bruce Bowen -- a conclusion which does not appear to be objectively verifiable in the hundreds of hours of NBA basketball I watch each season -- or they apply that construction evenly and fans lack objectivity to see that it is applied that way. I'd say that there are plenty of defensive players (including Mavericks) who push and shove and redirect Manu Ginobili (for instance) during games, but the Spurs aren't in an uproar over the fact that such things aren't called in every instance.

leemajors
03-14-2006, 12:17 PM
i agree. maybe cubes should propose some sort of bowen corrolary.

T Park.
03-14-2006, 12:49 PM
what screen names do you guys use at that site?

himat
03-14-2006, 05:51 PM
yeah some fans over on the mavs website will blame the injury to josh howard if they lose to you. (howard's injury will actually sideline him for a while). :blah :lol

mavsfan1000
03-14-2006, 07:12 PM
himat=tool. I guess losing your second and third best player for the rest of the regular season doesn't hurt the mavs. :rolleyes

cs100
03-14-2006, 07:28 PM
I think the officials allow more physical contact without the ball. Look how hard Timmy has to work to get opened. Same thing applies when Bruce fronts Dirk to keep him from getting the ball. Bowen has worked years to improve his defense and gets very very close to offensive players without committing fouls, hence the nickname "the Rash". Most players in the league are going to try and poke, bump and push. It is not exclusive to Bruce. The aggressor is usually rewarded.

Touch fouls are just dumb. It does little to impact play. If the league wants to increase scoring by limiting defense, they are changing the basic fundamentals of basketball. To increase scoring, players need to improve their jump shots and drive more to the basket. IMO

Hey Mavsfan1000, I read that Harris and Howard would only be out for about a week. Has that changed?

SequSpur
03-14-2006, 08:26 PM
http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/Bandwagon/bandwagon.jpg

himat
03-15-2006, 05:07 PM
himat=tool. I guess losing your second and third best player for the rest of the regular season doesn't hurt the mavs. :rolleyes

no fans on that sight were saying that when howard comes back it will be last in the season, and that if the mavs lose it's because howard isn't in rythm with the team.

FromWayDowntown
03-15-2006, 05:16 PM
I guess losing your second and third best player for the rest of the regular season doesn't hurt the mavs. :rolleyes

I have to say, I thought you were arguing that one virtue of the Mavericks was how deep the team was and how well they'll be able to deal with adversity like injuries. Sounds like that tune has changed.

Maybe I'm mistaking you for someone else (if so, I apologize in advance), but why is it that the Spurs' injuries are "excuses," while the Mavs' injuries are "reasons?"

leemajors
03-15-2006, 05:19 PM
i know howard is probably the mavs second best player, but wouldn't terry be the third?

FromWayDowntown
03-15-2006, 05:24 PM
i know howard is probably the mavs second best player, but wouldn't terry be the third?

You're kidding, right?

Devin Harris is among the biggest game-changers in the NBA. Mavs fan tells me it's true, so it must be.

And Mavs fan, taking cues from Herr Nowitzki, certainly hasn't shown any reluctance to throw Jason Terry under the bus when it is expedient to do so.

mavsfan1000
03-15-2006, 05:27 PM
Terry might be the starter but Harris makes more of an impact. Harris though needs to improve his endurance. He is great for 20-25 minutes but after that fatigue sets in. I think he needs to get stronger so he can endure heavier minutes.

Sec24Row7
03-15-2006, 06:03 PM
http://www.lasraicesranch.com/images/basketball/mavsplayoffs.jpg

leemajors
03-15-2006, 06:13 PM
Terry might be the starter but Harris makes more of an impact. Harris though needs to improve his endurance. He is great for 20-25 minutes but after that fatigue sets in. I think he needs to get stronger so he can endure heavier minutes.

i forgot impact players don't close out games.

mavsfan1000
03-15-2006, 06:18 PM
I forgot you don't know anything about the mavs. Harris is Dallas's best point guard while Terry is Dallas's best outside shooter. To me Harris should be starting over Terry at the 1 or move Terry to the 2.

leemajors
03-15-2006, 06:25 PM
i think avery is a better judge of these things than you, based on his record through his first 82 games. besides, if harris is only good for 20-25 minutes a game why start him? i watch most mavs games on tv and tune into them on sirius when i get a chance, i must not know very much. i just don't see how harris can be dallas' third best player when he can only hack it for 20 mins a game. i saw dude in college and he could play for 40 mins most of the time...

mavsfan1000
03-15-2006, 06:59 PM
Well his shooting is good at first but as fatigue sets in he loses that a lot of the time. Yes he can play heavy minutes but won't be as efficient. Plus he is injury prone. Terry and Harris together is what makes Dallas's bench so solid. They get 48 minutes of quality point guard play instead of a scrub for 12 minutes and the starter playing heavy minutes

dieman8686
03-15-2006, 08:29 PM
i think avery is a better judge of these things than you, based on his record through his first 82 games. besides, if harris is only good for 20-25 minutes a game why start him? i watch most mavs games on tv and tune into them on sirius when i get a chance, i must not know very much. i just don't see how harris can be dallas' third best player when he can only hack it for 20 mins a game. i saw dude in college and he could play for 40 mins most of the time...
Actually Avery was going to start(well he did ofr one game) Harris alongside Terry with 1 and 2 respectively, but like you all know he was hurt again so...

Now to compare Terry and Harris...
Harris can penetrate
Terry can not
Harris can pass better
Well Terry.meh
Harris is a better defender(Heck, he is the second best defender on the team next to Howard)
And Terry is only a bit better than Nash(says it all)

Now... Terry is more of a clutch player, a great shooter and a great vocal leader.

Basically Terry is better for the team in psychological ways...and Harris is part of the physicality of the team. So for me I can't rank them whose best in terms of numberical sequence. They both do wonders for the team. :drunk

Looter
03-15-2006, 08:44 PM
It's a dam shame the Moderators at MavTalk could not uncork thier heads from thier asshats when the Spurs played the Mavericks in the semi finals. They could be a huge website by now with all the link sharing and smack talk, I was told they did not want to be big they like a small group. maybe this year they will relax and add some fiber to thier diets and losen up a bit, I wish they would take the power from Princess she is one lock happy ho

mavsfan1000
03-15-2006, 08:52 PM
Also they are hogging the best domain name for the mavs. They need vbulletin, better admins, and a better format and skin.

travis2
03-16-2006, 08:31 AM
I read JonG's "debate"...and someone actually thinks JonG can take on FWDT and win? For all he thinks he's not a blind homer...he's really nothing but a blind hater. I saw no great basketball knowledge OR debate skills. He does seem to be able to but a coherent sentence together...but that doesn't make him right. It doesn't even make him close to right.

FWDT in a 1st round TKO...

FromWayDowntown
03-16-2006, 10:24 AM
I read JonG's "debate"...and someone actually thinks JonG can take on FWDT and win? For all he thinks he's not a blind homer...he's really nothing but a blind hater. I saw no great basketball knowledge OR debate skills. He does seem to be able to but a coherent sentence together...but that doesn't make him right. It doesn't even make him close to right.

FWDT in a 1st round TKO...

:)

George Gervin's Afro
03-16-2006, 11:23 AM
:lol

I can't get over your signature.....

:oops

leemajors
03-16-2006, 11:47 AM
Also they are hogging the best domain name for the mavs. They need vbulletin, better admins, and a better format and skin.

i don't see why they bitch about the mavtalk.com link being hard to find on the mavs website when they only want a small community. they just seem like a bunch of scrubs.

SpellingCheck
03-16-2006, 06:55 PM
I think the biggest problem with mavtalk is the fact that nobody can voice their opinion without somebody misunderstanding and making a huge deal out of it.

And it needs updating.

maxpower
03-17-2006, 08:29 AM
The hypocricy and myopia on the mavtalk board is hilarious. With all due respect to the poster who glorified their "leader" as a master debater, I have read said poster's ramblings in the past(over a year ago). He stood out from the pack not for his literary skills or profound breakdowns of his team but for his full on unadulterated homerism. I really don't know who on this board he would be comparable to. While there are some see "no evil hear no evil fans on this board' none do so with the fervor of that guy. You would think this guy was Cuban's personal proctologist, he is so far up there.

Their ridiculous arguments over the technicalities of the board are so ludicrous they hardly deserve this sentence.

And the funniest thing is how some of the posters yonder tout the friendly small cozy feeling of having a board with a few dedicated posters which makes their forum more like a family.
I'll allow the posters on Spurstalk a moment to catch their breath.
Ok.
They would hardly believe how hands-on the owner of this board are. Not only are Kori and Timvp some of the most proficient posters but they are also some of the most knowledgeable, intelligent, forthright and unbiased Spurs fans in general.
SpursTalk posters could write books about how small and friendly these two have made this community.
To briefly summarize what they do does not do justice but they open their home to gatherings of fans from this board. That in itself is amazing. However they host as only family would host. They provide of their own goodwill great food, libations, environment and most importantly fun(to this I add my regret at not attending more).

This board has posters not only from S.A., The great state of Texas and these United States but from places around the world. Though these posters do not have the access to spurs games we do it makes them no less dedicated fans. So dedicated that they have made their trek to our humble town of San Antonio from such locales as The Netherlands, Slovenia and Australia to watch the Spurs and of course have been welcomed at casa de Kori with open arms for gatherings.

There are constant get togethers for such events as poker parties, basketball playing and even last minute celebrations after Spurs games to just talk about the game.

Again, with all due respect to the fans of the mavs and the mavs talk board, you have no idea what this board is like. Not only is it much much younger than your board, it is much much larger in terms of posters. It is much more familial than you can imagine a board being. The size of your board is not at all proportional to how friendly it is or how well you know each other.

The mavs talk board reminds me a bit of "The Village". It may crave a simpler life but the fact is the denizens have no idea what goes on outside its borders and even within as they lead a rather secluded life inside. The leader(s) professes the virtues of its community while turning a blind eye to the stark realities of their existence.

This board has an open door policy, attentive owners, typical posters spanning the spectrum. Fans and nonfans alike are welcome and allowed their views. You are not banned for anti-Spurs rhetoric as many of the posters from other teams can attest to.
While this board is not perfect, it is very much a template for how a board should be put together and run.

smeagol
03-17-2006, 10:24 AM
The hypocricy and myopia on the mavtalk board is hilarious. With all due respect to the poster who glorified their "leader" as a master debater, I have read said poster's ramblings in the past(over a year ago). He stood out from the pack not for his literary skills or profound breakdowns of his team but for his full on unadulterated homerism. I really don't know who on this board he would be comparable to. While there are some see "no evil hear no evil fans on this board' none do so with the fervor of that guy. You would think this guy was Cuban's personal proctologist, he is so far up there.

Their ridiculous arguments over the technicalities of the board are so ludicrous they hardly deserve this sentence.

And the funniest thing is how some of the posters yonder tout the friendly small cozy feeling of having a board with a few dedicated posters which makes their forum more like a family.
I'll allow the posters on Spurstalk a moment to catch their breath.
Ok.
They would hardly believe how hands-on the owner of this board are. Not only are Kori and Timvp some of the most proficient posters but they are also some of the most knowledgeable, intelligent, forthright and unbiased Spurs fans in general.
SpursTalk posters could write books about how small and friendly these two have made this community.
To briefly summarize what they do does not do justice but they open their home to gatherings of fans from this board. That in itself is amazing. However they host as only family would host. They provide of their own goodwill great food, libations, environment and most importantly fun(to this I add my regret at not attending more).

This board has posters not only from S.A., The great state of Texas and these United States but from places around the world. Though these posters do not have the access to spurs games we do it makes them no less dedicated fans. So dedicated that they have made their trek to our humble town of San Antonio from such locales as The Netherlands, Slovenia and Australia to watch the Spurs and of course have been welcomed at casa de Kori with open arms for gatherings.

There are constant get togethers for such events as poker parties, basketball playing and even last minute celebrations after Spurs games to just talk about the game.

Again, with all due respect to the fans of the mavs and the mavs talk board, you have no idea what this board is like. Not only is it much much younger than your board, it is much much larger in terms of posters. It is much more familial than you can imagine a board being. The size of your board is not at all proportional to how friendly it is or how well you know each other.

The mavs talk board reminds me a bit of "The Village". It may crave a simpler life but the fact is the denizens have no idea what goes on outside its borders and even within as they lead a rather secluded life inside. The leader(s) professes the virtues of its community while turning a blind eye to the stark realities of their existence.

This board has an open door policy, attentive owners, typical posters spanning the spectrum. Fans and nonfans alike are welcome and allowed their views. You are not banned for anti-Spurs rhetoric as many of the posters from other teams can attest to.
While this board is not perfect, it is very much a template for how a board should be put together and run.
:tu