PDA

View Full Version : 4-8 now on B2B's

101A
03-13-2006, 02:36 PM
Obvious thread here; but thought the numbers should be posted.

BTW; that means the boys are 45-5 when they are not playing back to backs.

That's batting .890. :hat

Supergirl
03-13-2006, 02:57 PM
Which bodes will for the playoffs, when there's no B2Bs...

FromWayDowntown
03-13-2006, 03:51 PM
Which bodes will for the playoffs, when there's no B2Bs...

It's not that there are NEVER back-to-backs in the playoffs; it's just that they're pretty rare.

I'm pretty sure the Mavericks and Kings played a playoff back-to-back a couple of years ago, because I remember Cuban bitching about how unfair that was.

Actually, it was in 2003: the Mavs and Kings played back-to-back on 5/10 and 5/11 in Sacramento. That year, the Pistons and Sixers also played back-to-back on those dates in Philadelphia. The back-to-backs were necessitated by the fact that the Mavericks took their sweet time disposing of the Blazers while the Pistons lost 3 straight to Orlando before taking Game 7. Those series had to catch up with the other conference semifinal and the easiest way to do that, seemingly, was to make them play back-to-backs (plus the NBA could squeeze 6 playoff games out of a weekend rather than 4).

The Spurs played a playoff back-to-back in 1999 (Games 3 & 4 at LA, which they obviously won). It's rare, but it's not unheard of.

101A
03-13-2006, 03:54 PM
It's not that there are NEVER back-to-backs in the playoffs; it's just that they're pretty rare.

I'm pretty sure the Mavericks and Kings played a playoff back-to-back a couple of years ago, because I remember Cuban bitching about how unfair that was.

Actually, it was in 2003: the Mavs and Kings played back-to-back on 5/10 and 5/11 in Sacramento. That year, the Pistons and Sixers also played back-to-back on those dates in Philadelphia. The back-to-backs were necessitated by the fact that the Mavericks took their sweet time disposing of the Blazers while the Pistons lost 3 straight to Orlando before taking Game 7. Those series had to catch up with the other conference semifinal and the easiest way to do that, seemingly, was to make them play back-to-backs (plus the NBA could squeeze 6 playoff games out of a weekend rather than 4).

The Spurs played a playoff back-to-back in 1999 (Games 3 & 4 at LA, which they obviously won). It's rare, but it's not unheard of.

...not listening....

LilMissSPURfect
03-13-2006, 03:55 PM
"black To Black 2 Back"

Obstructed_View
03-13-2006, 04:12 PM
There's only one back to back that matters to the Spurs this year, and they are saving their energy for it.