PDA

View Full Version : The 'quickreply' option.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 02:48 PM
Is it camoflauged?

I hate having to hit 'quote'. Most vBulletin sites (actually all) have that option enabled. It's sooooo much easier, and I would oh-so-greatful if you could be so kind as to enable it. I'll post even more!

CosmicCowboy
03-13-2006, 02:51 PM
uhhh....look under the message box where it says "post quick reply"

Cant_Be_Faded
03-13-2006, 02:51 PM
ehhhhhhhhhhhhh

ObiwanGinobili
03-13-2006, 02:52 PM
l
l
l
\/

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 02:53 PM
uhhh....look under the message box where it says "post quick reply"

I see it...but what if I want to quote somebody!

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 02:54 PM
l
l
l
\/

Yes, I know. It's big. Want to touch?

polandprzem
03-13-2006, 03:05 PM
:lmao

Yup - The quotes. It would be easier to hit some sentences from all the post and you have them quoted.

But I realy doesn't bother me

tlongII
03-13-2006, 03:07 PM
Ban him.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 03:08 PM

Yup - The quotes. It would be easier to hit some sentences from all the post and you have them quoted.

But I realy doesn't bother me

But then people won't know who you're making look stupid. :( (well, without scrolling up)

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 03:09 PM
Ban him.

Please_dont

easjer
03-13-2006, 03:16 PM
Dear Lord you are annoying.

Mixability
03-13-2006, 03:43 PM
this question could've easily been asked and answered in the Quattro....

why start a new thread?

Kori Ellis
03-13-2006, 03:44 PM
I don't understand the question.

Are you asking how to push the Quick Reply button or how to quote someone?

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 03:49 PM
I don't understand the question.

Are you asking how to push the Quick Reply button or how to quote someone?

Well, as of now we can 'quickreply' at the bottom.

But that's just to post. To quote somebody we have to click quote on there post. Most vBulletin sites have an option right next each post, next to the quote button...that is a "quickreply". You click that, and it takes you to the box at the bottom of the screen...which you hvae now. You post there, then click "include quote in post" and it's alot easier.

You don't have to go through different screens. You can scroll back up to see what other replies were and what-not. It's really convenient, saves time and not to mention gets me kind of erect.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 03:50 PM
Kori,

Check your PM's. I'll show you what I mean.

Kori Ellis
03-13-2006, 03:52 PM
Well, as of now we can 'quickreply' at the bottom.

But that's just to post. To quote somebody we have to click quote on there post. Most vBulletin sites have an option right next each post, next to the quote button...that is a "quickreply". You click that, and it takes you to the box at the bottom of the screen...which you hvae now. You post there, then click "include quote in post" and it's alot easier.

You don't have to go through different screens. You can scroll back up to see what other replies were and what-not. It's really convenient, saves time and not to mention gets me kind of erect.

You can just quote somebody by clicking "QUOTE" next to their post. That's just one button. And you can still see all the other replies by scrolling down. So this way it's just one button, not two ("QUICK REPLY" and "Include quote in post").

Kori Ellis
03-13-2006, 03:53 PM
Kori,

Check your PM's. I'll show you what I mean.

I understand what you mean now. That's actually the more complicated way.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 03:53 PM
You can just quote somebody by clicking "QUOTE" next to their post. That's just one button. And you can still see all the other replies by scrolling down. So this way it's just one button, not two ("QUICK REPLY" and "Include quote in post").

With the 'quickreply' you don't have to jump screens though.

It keeps you on the same page. Plus it's just more, damn what's the word. It's at the tip of my tongue. Something that's pleasing to the senses... dammit. You know what I'm talking about.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 03:54 PM
I understand what you mean now. That's actually the more complicated way.

It's really not.

I was surprised when I didn't see it on here, most vB sites do have it. It's a convenience, especially for the regular members who post often. Trust me.

Kori Ellis
03-13-2006, 03:55 PM
With the 'quickreply' you don't have to jump screens though.

It keeps you on the same page. Plus it's just more, damn what's the word. It's at the tip of my tongue. Something that's pleasing to the senses... dammit. You know what I'm talking about.

I don't see why you care if you are on the same page. Once you hit submit reply, you are back where you started. Anyway, to answer you question, no we aren't going to change it.

Kori Ellis
03-13-2006, 03:55 PM
It's really not.

I was surprised when I didn't see it on here, most vB sites do have it. It's a convenience, especially for the regular members who post often. Trust me.

Pushing one button is more convenient than two.

T-Pain
03-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Yes, I know. It's big. Want to touch?

u must have a lot of cyber sex

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 03:57 PM
I don't see why you care if you are on the same page. Once you hit submit reply, you are back where you started. Anyway, to answer you question, no we aren't going to change it.

Ok, then.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 03:58 PM
Pushing one button is more convenient than two.

It's also better for people with slower internet acess.

You dont' have to wait for the next page to load. It's basically what you have already, because you do have quick reply. The only difference is with that little button you can actually quote the person. Which you can't do right now.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 03:58 PM
u must have a lot of cyber sex

You must spend alot of money strippers.

tlongII
03-13-2006, 03:59 PM
It's also better for people with slower internet acess.

You dont' have to wait for the next page to load. It's basically what you have already, because you do have quick reply. The only difference is with that little button you can actually quote the person. Which you can't do right now.

You should upgrade your internet access.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 04:00 PM
You should upgrade your internet access.

Thanks for the advice.

Anything else?

Trainwreck2100
03-13-2006, 04:00 PM

So are you denying the cyber sex accusation or not?

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 04:04 PM
So are you denying the cyber sex accusation or not?

Due to the effect it may have on my e-ass received on this site, I will refrain from commenting.

T-Pain
03-13-2006, 04:39 PM

yeah, at least i get the real thing as opposed to jacking off in front of the monitor

ObiwanGinobili
03-13-2006, 05:26 PM
Due to the effect it may have on my e-ass received on this site, I will refrain from commenting.

and whats your e-ass from this site count to date?

tlongII
03-13-2006, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the advice.

Anything else?

Nope.

spurs_2108
03-13-2006, 05:42 PM
I know what you mea. I think you can only do this with the latest version of vBulletin.

Kori Ellis
03-13-2006, 05:44 PM
I know what you mea. I think you can only do this with the latest version of vBulletin.

No, it's on the old version. We just choose not to have it.

spurs_2108
03-13-2006, 05:59 PM
I see.

Kori Ellis
03-13-2006, 06:02 PM
Well there's literally 100's of options on vBulletin. We just keep it simple, plus we added vBookie.

And if we upgrade to the new version of vBulletin, we wouldn't have VBookie any longer, so I think we are sticking with what we have for now.

tlongII
03-13-2006, 06:20 PM
I hate vBookie.

ObiwanGinobili
03-13-2006, 06:28 PM
I hate vBookie.

tlongII
Baaaa! I'd hit it!

Position: Dominant Center
Team: Portland Trailblazers
vBookie Cash: $75

:lmao :lmao

tlongII
03-13-2006, 06:37 PM
:lmao :lmao

bitch

KEDA
03-13-2006, 06:54 PM
this guy likes to whine alot.

be grateful that you are allowed to post dumb shit and get away with it. Bitching about a button is stupid, grow up and make a post that is worthy of reading!

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-13-2006, 06:55 PM

be grateful that you are allowed to post dumb shit and get away with it. Bitching about a button is stupid, grow up and make a post that is worthy of reading!

I suggest he start with bowling. :lmao

Or mullets.

KEDA
03-13-2006, 07:29 PM
Or BBQ pits!

or Division 9 football teams that run out the game clock when they could have at least tried for the end zone!

Cant_Be_Faded
03-13-2006, 07:30 PM
pleasedontbanme = jig = gig

Cant_Be_Faded
03-13-2006, 07:30 PM
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (2 members and 0 guests)
Cant_Be_Faded, BigDaddyMatty

BDM in this bitch

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 09:31 PM
and whats your e-ass from this site count to date?

That information is confidential. :fro

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 09:32 PM
Well there's literally 100's of options on vBulletin. We just keep it simple, plus we added vBookie.

And if we upgrade to the new version of vBulletin, we wouldn't have VBookie any longer, so I think we are sticking with what we have for now.

But do you have to upgrade to enable the quickreply icon?

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 09:33 PM

Grown up people don't waste there time on useless shit, right?

Then stop wasting your time replying to me. k?

As for the bitching, I'm not bitching. It was just a suggestion.

Trainwreck2100
03-13-2006, 09:33 PM
But do you have to upgrade to enable the quickreply icon?

no

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 09:37 PM
no

Which begs the question:

If you don't have to update...

If you already have a form of the quick reply option...

If enabling the icon is perfectly reasonable and would be an asset to the site....

Why not just enable it?

Trainwreck2100
03-13-2006, 09:42 PM
Which begs the question:

If enabling the icon is perfectly reasonable and would be an asset to the site....

Why not just enable it?

Because I'm sure (and this is just a hypothetical) that it would take some time to do, and they spend enough time on here as it is. Also this forum has run fine w/out it for at least 2 years, so why fuck with it.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 09:44 PM
Because I'm sure (and this is just a hypothetical) that it would take some time to do, and they spend enough time on here as it is. Also this forum has run fine w/out it for at least 2 years, so why fuck with it.

It's just a little perk.

It doesn't require any heavy duty time. It's a great option to have, honestly. It won't really fuck up anything. It's nothing major, we already have a quick reply option sort of. It would just add an icon on every post on the side, next to where it says "quote" now.

Kori Ellis
03-13-2006, 09:56 PM
Which begs the question:

Why not just enable it?

There's 100's of options to enable or not enable. It's just something we choose not to have.

Now stop crying about it.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 10:36 PM
There's 100's of options to enable or not enable. It's just something we choose not to have.

Now stop crying about it.

Do you always take suggestions as crying?

Honestly, what am I to personally gain from this. Do I get some sort of bonus check from vBulletin? I love posters here dismiss reasonble points as 'quit bitching'.

Kori Ellis
03-13-2006, 10:37 PM
Do you always take suggestions as crying?

Honestly, what am I to personally gain from this. Do I get some sort of bonus check from vBulletin? I love posters here dismiss reasonble points as 'quit bitching'.

Crying because I already told you early on in this thread we weren't going to change and you've kept at it and at it.

I don't know if you really don't understand how annoying you are.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 10:38 PM
Crying because I already told you early on in this thread we weren't going to change and you've kept at it and at it.

I don't know if you really don't understand how annoying you are.

I guess I should cry now.

You told me you weren't going to change it. I said ok. People made points, I replied. That's what this forum is for, right? Non-spurs related random talk. I'm talking, randomly.

I just find it surprising you're being so hostile about a suggestion to improve your site.

Kori Ellis
03-13-2006, 10:42 PM
I guess I should cry now.

You told me you weren't going to change it. I said ok. People made points, I replied. That's what this forum is for, right? Non-spurs related random talk. I'm talking, randomly.

I just find it surprising you're being so hostile about a suggestion to improve your site.

How is it being hostile?

So far in your short tenure here, you are one of the worst posters in the history of this message board.

I have received more complaints about you in the last three days than I have about any other poster in the three years we've had the board. So, its not a wonder that I find you annoying.

This board has very little moderation. It's run privately by LJ and I and it is what it is. Any improvements/changes/alterations/shutdowns/bannings etc are going to be decided by us. There's no democracy here or votes by posters to decide what goes on or anything like that.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 10:44 PM
How is it being hostile?

So far in your short tenure here, you are one of the worst posters in the history of this message board.

I have received more complaints about you in the last three days than I have about any other poster in the three years we've had the board. So, its not a wonder that I find you annoying.

This board has very little moderation. It's run privately by LJ and I and it is what it is. Any improvements/changes/alterations/shutdowns/bannings etc are going to be decided by us. There's no democracy here or votes by posters to decide what goes on or anything like that.

Is calling me a fag considered "offenisve"? Just wondering.

As for your post, I realize it is your site. That's why I made a suggestion, I didn't put it up to a vote or anything. It's up to you, do as you please. I have no allusions of me running the site.

P.S - I truly apologize you had to take out a few minutes and reply to a few PM's.

Melmart1
03-13-2006, 10:46 PM
Oh, for the love of God....

Kori Ellis
03-13-2006, 10:46 PM
Is calling me a fag considered "offenisve"? Just wondering.

As for your post, I realize it is your site. That's why I made a suggestion, I didn't put it up to a vote or anything. It's up to you, do as you please. I have no allusions of me running the site.

P.S - I truly apologize you had to take out a few minutes and reply to a few PM's.

Well I don't know what you don't get but it isn't my "job" to run this site. It's just something I do in my spare time. And so far I've received 56 complaints about you (and a low percentage of those were about Hitler - so don't assume that).

You are annoying a lot of people.

If you have any suggestions in the future, you can message them to timvp. There's no reason to start a thread asking where the Quick Reply button is.

A-Train
03-13-2006, 10:47 PM
So I recently found myself at a restaurant and this dude at a nearby table whined incessantly to the maitre d' because he and his apparent boyfriend and the boyfriend's mother were not treated like royalty.

Don't be like the whiney gay guy.

timvp
03-13-2006, 10:48 PM
http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Center/6313/snoopdogg3.jpg
What is wrong with this fizzle?

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 10:50 PM
http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Center/6313/snoopdogg3.jpg
What is wrong with this fizzle?

My new avatar, yay!

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 10:51 PM
So I recently found myself at a restaurant and this dude at a nearby table whined incessantly to the maitre d' because he and his apparent boyfriend and the boyfriend's mother were not treated like royalty.

Don't be like the whiney gay guy.

Thanks, dawg.

atlfan25
Oh, for the love of God....

Please_dont_ban_me
Well I don't know what you don't get but it isn't my "job" to run this site. It's just something I do in my spare time. And so far I've received 56 complaints about you (and a low percentage of those were about Hitler - so don't assume that).

You are annoying a lot of people.

If you have any suggestions in the future, you can message them to timvp. There's no reason to start a thread asking where the Quick Reply button is.

I hope this doesn't affect me being invited to future get togethers. :fro

midgetonadonkey
I miss Johnny Tightlips.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 10:52 PM
please_dont_ban_me,

listen to me. do not piss them off. they will ban you, just like they did to Johnny Tightlips.

Johnny. Tightlips.

This is worth being banned for?

Kori Ellis
I hope this doesn't affect me being invited to future get togethers. :fro

The majority of the get togethers are at our house. So, probably it does.

Kori Ellis
This is worth being banned for?

No, it's not. Or you'd already be banned.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 10:53 PM
The majority of the get togethers are at our house. So, probably it does.

=(

Talking about the Spurs constently gets boring. There's only so much to discuss.

I have to keep my e-life interesting from time to time. I'm annoying in person, promise.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 10:54 PM
No, it's not. Or you'd already be banned.

Great. =)

So I'm just annoying. Now, about that get together...

ObiwanGinobili
I think we all miss Johnny

Amen. :fro

midgetonadonkey
It's pretty sad that the only life you have is an e-life.

midgetonadonkey
03-13-2006, 10:55 PM
now i can't stop thinking about johnny and how he got banned

I ain't saying nothing about Johnny getting banned.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 10:56 PM
It's pretty sad that the only life you have is an e-life.

Jokes.

Jokes.

I have a job. I'm a student. I have time occasionally, so I'll bless this board with my presence. Stop taking everything so seriously.

spurs=bling
four pages???

Please_dont_ban_me
Man...Kori, I wanted to meet up with some of the posters. :(

I do genuinely want to put a face/personality to some of these names.

midgetonadonkey
03-13-2006, 10:57 PM
Well get another job or start making model airplanes or anything else that will keep your ass off of this board. Fuck, you make me wish GIG kept posting here and I hate him more than anything.

midgetonadonkey
03-13-2006, 10:58 PM
http://www.deftone.com/misc/johnny_tightlips.jpg

Please_dont_ban_me
too bad you'll never meet Johnny Tightlips

I mean, after he got banned and all..

Did he ever go to a GTG?

Kori Ellis
Man...Kori, I wanted to meet up with some of the posters. :(

I do genuinely want to put a face/personality to some of these names.

There's a get together on Saturday at Hooligan's.

Everyone is welcome.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 10:59 PM
WHATEVER you do or say, please_dont_ban_me

don't do what Johnny Tightlips did...

dont

Ok.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 10:59 PM
There's a get together on Saturday at Hooligan's.

Everyone is welcome.

Sweet, what time?

I work 3-1 though. But I could drop by before/after. =)

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 11:00 PM
Johnny ain't goin' to no more GTGs no more...

sad, after all that he did, to see him banned

Maybe he had a small penis?

midgetonadonkey
03-13-2006, 11:01 PM

What does that have to do with small penis? Do you always have cock on your mind or what?

spurs=bling
03-13-2006, 11:02 PM
Well get another job or start making model airplanes or anything else that will keep your ass off of this board. Fuck, you make me wish GIG kept posting here and I hate him more than anything.
:lol

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 11:07 PM
Dammit, the game's at 7:30.

I wanted to go to it, though. =( After party?

Kori Ellis
03-13-2006, 11:07 PM
We might after party at our house to play poker. We'll see.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 11:08 PM
We might after party at our house to play poker. We'll see.

Sweet!

Will it still be going after 1? What part of town do you guys live on?

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 11:09 PM
Btw, I've noticed a few different people commenting on my avatar.

What's the problem with it?

Kori Ellis
03-13-2006, 11:10 PM
Sweet!

Will it still be going after 1? What part of town do you guys live on?

Northwest (1604 and Guilbeau). If we have people over, they will likely stay very late. I'll post it in that GTG thread in the Spurs forum if we are going to do so.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 11:11 PM
Northwest (1604 and Guilbeau). If we have people over, they will likely stay very late. I'll post it in that GTG thread in the Spurs forum if we are going to do so.

Cool. I wouldn't be able to really stay long. But I'd love to drop by for a bit.

1604 and Guilbeau? Where is that? I live right around 1604 and Bulverde. I've never seen a Guilbeau exit.

Kori Ellis
03-13-2006, 11:12 PM
Cool. I wouldn't be able to really stay long. But I'd love to drop by for a bit.

1604 and Guilbeau? Where is that? I live right around 1604 and Bulverde. I've never seen a Guilbeau exit.

If you head West on 1604, after you pass 10, then soon you'll pass Bandera Rd, and then 2 more exits.

timvp
03-13-2006, 11:13 PM
This guy was born to post in The Quattro.

LeBron James : The NBA :: Please_dont_ban_me : The Quattro

midgetonadonkey
03-13-2006, 11:15 PM

Don't send him there dude.

Please_dont_ban_me
If you head West on 1604, after you pass 10, then soon you'll pass Bandera Rd, and then 2 more exits.

Ah, so past UTSA the other way. Gotcha'.

btwthxfornotmeaningitwiththeyoucan'tcometotheGTGth ing.

Please_dont_ban_me

Dammit, somebody please tell me WHAT the hell this 'quattro' is.

Kori Ellis
03-13-2006, 11:16 PM

This is the Quattro.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9371

It's the longest thread in the forum. It has over 40K posts in it. It started out being about a razor, but it's much, much more.

midgetonadonkey
03-13-2006, 11:17 PM

Just don't worry about the Quattro. You don't need to know about it.

midgetonadonkey
This is the Quattro.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9371

It's the longest thread in the forum. It has over 40K posts in it. It started out being about a razor, but it's much, much more.

:pctoss

Kori Ellis
Just don't worry about the Quattro. You don't need to know about it.

He can talk to you about Bukkake in the Quattro all night long.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-13-2006, 11:18 PM

Yes'm.

midgetonadonkey
03-13-2006, 11:20 PM

He would only know about the receiving end of a bukkake.

T-Pain
03-14-2006, 01:04 AM
i rest my case

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36317

Please_dont_ban_me
03-14-2006, 01:18 AM
i rest my case

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36317

Than I suggest you not go into Law.

polandprzem
03-14-2006, 10:14 AM
Man this reminds me of the situacion on "my" polish forum.

I'm getting ban there more than anybody else. But they allowe me to come back because of the posting in the NBA section.

ObiwanGinobili
03-14-2006, 10:18 AM
Man this reminds me of the situacion on "my" polish forum.

I'm getting ban there more than anybody else. But they allowe me to come back because of the posting in the NBA section.

you been getting banned????
holy crap. iwould never have guessed.

you must be a real asshole in Polish.. or maybe they are jsut super sensitive.
I can;t imagine you psoitng anythgin ban worthy.

polandprzem
03-14-2006, 10:31 AM
you been getting banned????
holy crap. iwould never have guessed.

you must be a real asshole in Polish.. or maybe they are jsut super sensitive.
I can;t imagine you psoitng anythgin ban worthy.

Well when I improve English and get into the slang rythm you will see what you can get from me. :)

But seriously. They are too sensitive. And they do not oike my sarcasm and things I tell them straight.
In the NBA or the World basketball section they want to have "clean" no spamming, no conversations abut other stuff then the thread is telling. And there must be a quality in your posting (the arguments and stuff).

And I don't have a problem with NBA (ohh maybe back in a times). I'm getting banned because of the Club section :)

They don't like my way of posting and I'm sometimes getting into people most jokly of course. But I think they don't get it :rolleyes.

To me most of them are too stiff. Or are having a childrens stupid sense of humor.

KEDA
03-14-2006, 10:37 AM
quickreply = the quattro for a new generation!

Tonto
03-14-2006, 11:17 AM
tonto ask pale face poster
to take out don't in screen name

Please_dont_ban_me
03-14-2006, 12:45 PM
tonto ask pale face poster
to take out don't in screen name

Sure.

If you promise to rub my balls first.

T-Pain
03-14-2006, 01:34 PM
Sure.

he wants have cybersex

Please_dont_ban_me
03-14-2006, 01:40 PM
he wants have cybersex

Just trying to stay hip to the hop.

Isn't that the cool thing to do these days? I'll touch your function keys if you jiggle my mouse? Knaw mean?

Cant_Be_Faded
03-14-2006, 01:58 PM
maybe he had a small penis

Johnny never said much about his penis.

:rollin :rollin LMAO ROFLROFL

That's fucking hilarious. Its also funny how kori blatantly ignores you

Tonto
03-14-2006, 05:57 PM
Sure.

only after pale face remove them from his pale face chin

Hooters Girl
03-14-2006, 06:01 PM
only after pale face remove them from his pale face chin

Dam you got SERVED! by the only Indian on the www :lmao

Cant_Be_Faded
03-14-2006, 07:54 PM
Johnny Tightlips you are banned.

midgetonadonkey
03-14-2006, 11:50 PM
Poor Johnny Tightlips. We should start a petition to get him back.

Long Live Jonny Tightlips!!!

Johnny Tightlips
03-15-2006, 03:11 AM

My penis ain't sayin' nothin'.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-15-2006, 03:12 AM
My penis ain't sayin' nothin'.

The man. The myth. Everybody, it's Joooooooooohny Tightlips. :elephant

Johnny Tightlips
03-15-2006, 03:13 AM
Go suck a lemon.