PDA

View Full Version : Stoudamire may miss entire year.

tlongII
03-13-2006, 05:43 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2366370

No surprise.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-13-2006, 05:47 PM
Poor guy, all that potential. This may not end his career but it will sure bother him for the rest of it.

Dre_7
03-13-2006, 05:50 PM
If I were a Suns fan, Id want him to rest all year. Id sacrifice this year if it meant that he would be back 100% next year. Hes too young to risk it all right now.

That sucks for him.

snowboarder
03-13-2006, 06:47 PM
i miss his game

doldrums
03-13-2006, 06:54 PM
Great player, nice guy. Shame. This injury has seemed to come out of nowhere. Never mentioned last year during the playoffs. Oh well.

SoCalSpursFan
03-13-2006, 07:06 PM
He was exciting to watch, even if it meant he was dunking on a spur.

MrChug
03-13-2006, 07:07 PM
If I were a Suns fan, Id want him to rest all year. Id sacrifice this year if it meant that he would be back 100% next year. Hes too young to risk it all right now.

That sucks for him.

Yup, but time is running rediculously short for STEVE NASH. Like Karl Malone without Johnny Stock, Amare Stoudemire would not be half as effective without Nash. Steve may begin to slow down if you wait another year. He aint no spring chicken! He's already 32.

AZLouis
03-13-2006, 07:16 PM
Great player, nice guy. Shame. This injury has seemed to come out of nowhere. Never mentioned last year during the playoffs. Oh well.

Actually he began having problems with that left knee during the series with the Mavs.

I was all for resting him at the start of the season and letting him have extra time for rehab and to return at full strength next season.

And with the continued reports of his return date always being delayed even though "he's ahead of schedule", I say shut it down. Quit playing 5v5 or even 1v1 and just work on strength of knee and let the Suns focus on the team they have and not the team they may have come playoff time.

exstatic
03-13-2006, 07:20 PM
Phoenix could NOT say he was out for the year. Their season tix sales would have gone in the shitter. I feel for their fans. They were duped. No one has come back effectively from this surgery in less than 12 months.

FromWayDowntown
03-13-2006, 07:24 PM
That sucks for the Suns. I think they're a bitch without Stoudemire this year, and with him, they stand to be awfully good. But better to get him 100%, even if that means sacrificing this season.

With a healthy Stoudemire and the rest of that roster as it's been revamped, the Suns would have to be on a short list of title contenders just because nobody could hope to guard them for 48 minutes. Play Kurt Thomas, Stoudemire, Marion, Nash, and Bell and they can defend your best big and your wings pretty well, they can hide Stoudemire to an extent, and they can help Nash defensively. They'd bring Diaw off the bench -- and as he's shown this season, he's incredibly difficult to match-up with -- along with James Jones and Barbosa. Add another defensive-minded big and they're pretty well set. Can't say that they'd win it, but they'd be awfully good.

SenorSpur
03-13-2006, 08:41 PM
Nobody felt bad for us when Tim tore the maniscus in his knee a few years back and we were swept out the playoffs by the Fakers.

It's hard to feel sorry for any team when your own team is fighting through injuries, fatigue and age.

exstatic
03-13-2006, 08:48 PM
Nobody felt bad for us when Tim tore the maniscus in his knee a few years back and we were swept out the playoffs by the Fakers.

Actually, it was Phoenix that broomed us that year...

Winnipeg_Spur
03-13-2006, 08:53 PM
Actually, it was Phoenix that broomed us that year...

It was Phoenix, but it wasn't a sweep. It went 3-1 iirc.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-13-2006, 09:07 PM
tim jinxed him when he told amare that their series loss was "only the beginning"

RobinsontoDuncan
03-13-2006, 09:13 PM
i wish we had an amare stoudamire like player right about now...

of course everything about stoudamire has begged the question to me-- how much of his explosion has been nash, how much is stoudamire

exstatic
03-13-2006, 09:17 PM
of course everything about stoudamire has begged the question to me-- how much of his explosion has been nash, how much is stoudamire

And how much was Pop deciding to play their shooters on the perimeter and take the damage in the paint at 2 points per pop?

SoCalSpursFan
03-13-2006, 09:17 PM
I like how I see Amare commercials 200 times a day...yet he hasnt played a game.

JMarkJohns
03-13-2006, 11:37 PM
My take is this:

He can't be injury-consious. He must be instinctual.

I can live with 80% physical ability so long as his mind is 100% on the game.

That only comes with complete health.

Until Amare can agressively attack the basket in traffic, off the dribble, without any hesitation, then he MUST sit out.

He does the Suns no good if his mind isn't right.

baseline bum
03-14-2006, 12:34 AM
Amare should def sit out. If he comes back 100% next season I think they're the favorites, considering how much their defense has improved and how they have a legit bench now. There's no reason to risk that. Phoenix is still paying dues the same way the Spurs, Lakers, and Pistons had to do so many years, but I think next season they have a hell of a chance to do some serious damage. They're not ready to win it all right now though... not getting 15 games in with an 80% Amare.