PDA

View Full Version : Vikings Shipping Culpepper To Miami

Pistons < Spurs
03-14-2006, 01:30 PM
According to ESPN:

Daunte Culpepper finally got want he wanted: He's out of Minnesota. Len Pasquarelli reports that the Vikings are sending the disgruntled quarterback to the Dolphins for a second-round pick.

Pistons < Spurs
03-14-2006, 01:48 PM
The Dolphins decided to stop waiting for Chargers quarterback Drew Brees to lower his contract demands and opted to give the Vikings a second-round choice to acquire quarterback Daunte Culpepper.

Culpepper had been talking to the Dolphins for the past week, expressing his desire to be with the Dolphins along with showing a willingness to rework his contract to fit into the Dolphins salary cap. Contract talks between the Dolphins and Brees have been stalled because the Saints had more money and more guarantees on the table from the Saints.

Vikings coach Brad Childress said recently Culpepper is on schedule in his rehab from surgery in which he tore three knee ligaments after having a trainer fly to Florida to meet with Culpepper. The recovery time from such major surgery is 12 months, but Culpepper has told the Dolphins that he's ahead of schedule and may be able to play before September.

Finding a quarterback this offseason was Nick Saban's main objective. Though he liked Brees, he was unwilling to give him $10 million in guarantees after he is coming off shoulder surgery.

Culpepper's trade clears the stage for the Saints to get Brees.

rayray2k8
03-14-2006, 01:54 PM
INteresting.....
I know im gonna want the EDGE and culpepper, as my top fantasy picks.

Horry For 3!
03-14-2006, 01:56 PM
That means Vikings QB is Brad Johnson, he did pretty good though for them when Culpepper was hurt

samikeyp
03-14-2006, 02:45 PM
Daunte goes home to FLA...all of a sudden...the Dolphins may not suck.

Hey butta....you ordered your Culpepper jersey yet? :)

Horry For 3!
03-14-2006, 02:54 PM

Hey butta....you ordered your Culpepper jersey yet? :)
Dolphins improved last year with Saban under helm. Chambers actually stepped up and was bad ass.

Culpepper to Chambers

Pistons < Spurs
03-14-2006, 03:00 PM
Chambers and Randy McMichael should have huge years.

Spurs rock
03-14-2006, 05:59 PM
Vikings are fuckin' stupid, they will suck next year.

sa_butta
03-14-2006, 07:14 PM

Hey butta....you ordered your Culpepper jersey yet? :)I might have to do that, Im just glad to have a decent guy as our starting QB
I know we are still drafting a QB in the draft for the future anyways so hopefully no more QB worries.

ducks
03-14-2006, 07:18 PM
when will he be arrested for drugs now?

sa_butta
03-14-2006, 07:20 PM
when will he be arrested for drugs now?Dont say that Dolphins have enough problems with thugs and drugs. I hope he gets his head straight real quick.

Brutalis
03-14-2006, 11:01 PM
hell yeaaaaa baby!

Finally! We got a QB!

sa_butta
03-14-2006, 11:05 PM
We can rest easy with our #16 pick, prolly go for OL or LB.

Brutalis
03-14-2006, 11:14 PM
I'm guessing OL. Saban will try and protect his new QB as much as possible as our OL isn't very impressive.

sa_butta
03-14-2006, 11:18 PM
I'm guessing OL. Saban will try and protect his new QB as much as possible as our OL isn't very impressive.I know its being greedy but I would love to land D'Brick.
I have confidence in Saban he will make the right moves. Im just glad Speilman isnt handling shit anymore.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
03-15-2006, 12:11 AM
How can you only get Williamson, Harris and 2006 2nd rounder for Randy Moss and Daunte Culpepper? I guess Millen isn't the only one who doesn't know his head from his ass...

Winston Justice is more reasonable than Ferguson for the Fins...

sa_butta
03-15-2006, 12:16 AM
All of us sudden Willie Mcginest wants to visit with the Fins

http://www.ohio.com/mld/beaconjournal/14099017.htm

http://images.finheaven.com/photo/data/500/DauntesInferno.gif

T Park
03-15-2006, 03:59 AM
the Dolphins, with this move, have moved up to the top of the depth charts, in the AFC east IMHO.

Fantastic move.

A second rounder not till NEXT YEAR?

Wow.

yavozerb
03-15-2006, 09:43 AM
Finally I can get excited going into a nfl season...This dophins team should get at least 10 wins this year! The offense should be pretty damn good with daunte, brown, chambers, and hopefully ricky....I def. think they will get a OL with ther pick in the draft..

Horry For 3!
03-15-2006, 01:48 PM
Chambers and Randy McMichael should have huge years.
They did last year. Well McMichael was his same self but Chambers went off.

Horry For 3!
03-15-2006, 01:50 PM
I don't see Culpepper making much of difference this year it'll be next year before he is back to 100% he also needs a superstar reciever which we found out when Moss got shipped out. I do however think its a quality pick-up for the fish.
Chambers is getting up their on status. He broke out last year and he says he will continue to get better.

Brutalis
03-15-2006, 07:36 PM
:) :) :)

scott
03-15-2006, 08:42 PM
Did the Patriots and the leagues best QB leave the AFC East? Did Culpepper get a new leg and a better attitude while he was rehabbing? This certainly makes the Dolphins a more serious contender, but it doesn't catapult them to the top of the division.

T Park
03-15-2006, 09:09 PM
The patriots are losing serious ground.

They are not getting better at the postions.

Theyve lost Mcginist, Vinateri, and many others this offseason.

It is the Patriot's turn for a down year. That simple.

The Dolphins will contend for the division, and win it.

Bills? Brotha PUHLEASE.

sa_butta
03-15-2006, 11:04 PM
Did the Patriots and the leagues best QB leave the AFC East? Did Culpepper get a new leg and a better attitude while he was rehabbing? This certainly makes the Dolphins a more serious contender, but it doesn't catapult them to the top of the division."The leagues best QB" did not get to the SB this year and the Pats are on the decline. Too many loses and gaps in Defense. Dolphins should be 11-5 this season and a SB contender come 2007 season barring no serious injuries. Saban is a master a drafting and scouting, he will put together a winning team for sure.

scott
03-15-2006, 11:10 PM
"The leagues best QB" did not get to the SB this year and the Pats are on the decline. Too many loses and gaps in Defense. Dolphins should be 11-5 this season and a SB contender come 2007 season barring no serious injuries. Saban is a master a drafting and scouting, he will put together a winning team for sure.

Sounds like the same crap people have said about the Pats since they won their first SB. I don't even like the Patriots, but Brady is by far the leagues best leader and I will never count out Billicek.

mikejones99
03-18-2006, 05:19 AM
classic aviator ^ The Vikings giving up Moss and Daunte would be like Detoit giving away Barry Sanders and oh yeah that is all they had for last 20 years. well now seems to be 3 expansion dumass teams in the NFC north. Chicago is heavy favorites now.