PDA

View Full Version : No Surprise here but, Dolphins release Frerotte

sa_butta
03-14-2006, 07:17 PM
The Dolphins released quarterback Gus Frerotte on Tuesday afternoon just hours after reaching tentative agreement on a trade for Minnesota quarterback Daunte Culpepper.

Frerotte and the Dolphins were unable to reach agreement on a restructured contract that would lower his 2005 salary cap number from $4.68 million. The Dolphins had to release Frerotte on Tuesday to avoid paying him a $330,000 roster bonus.

Denver and St. Louis are expected to have interest in Frerotte, who was 9-6 as a Dolphins starter in 2005.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-0314frerotte,0,4003875.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front
</FONT>

cecil collins
03-14-2006, 08:02 PM
No surprise here
Booooooo.

Brutalis
03-14-2006, 11:02 PM
:) :) :) :)

sa_butta
03-14-2006, 11:03 PM
:) :) :) :)So from a fellow Dolfan what you think about todays activities?
Im confident Saban will still draft a QB and there are some decent ones out there.

Brutalis
03-14-2006, 11:13 PM
I think Daunte needs to get healthy again. He sucked last year I think because of his relationship with the Vikes. He hasn't been happy there for a long time now. When a players morale is low he tends to play bad, and then bad luck struck tearing his knee up.

He is capable of throwing 39 touchdowns again like he did in 04'. Miami has a great set of recievers, has a great coach who is still under the radar and just a good team being formed slowly. Now that Saban can get his style of players, you will see a faster more aggressive defense. My Hogs rivals were his Tigers, and their defenses were always fast and very very physical so I think the Dolphins will be known for their defense like they used to be soon.

11-5 next year, we'll take the divison. If Daunte is healthy and doesn't get hurt again that is. RBrown will improve, as sophmores tend to blow up or blow away. He'll blow up. Saban wants that 1-2-3 punch in Culpepper/Chambers/Brown and he'll get it if they work at it a while.

Anyways, I'm happy. We finally got a REAL coach and Miami no longer has to suffer because if it's poorly coached team and management.

sa_butta
03-14-2006, 11:27 PM
Im just glad to finally have a TEAM shaping up here. Things are really looking bright for the Dolphins for once. I think we make the playoffs this coming season and I would not be surprised if we win at least one playoff game. Realistically Im shooting for the following season as true SB contenders. I wanted it this year because the SB will be in Miami and it would be awsome to be the first to host and play in it. Since all of this action has come about what is the latest on Ricky? Can we still use him for trade bait?

Brutalis
03-14-2006, 11:57 PM
No. Ricky is done. Waste of money and time.

Guru of Nothing
03-14-2006, 11:59 PM
I think Daunte needs to get healthy again.

Excellent assessment!!!

sa_butta
03-15-2006, 12:09 AM
No. Ricky is done. Waste of money and time.For a while last year I thought he was back for good. At least we have a sollid back in RB.